Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,732 members, 7,813,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria (44217 Views)

Questionable Trends Among Nigerian Men. / NIPOST Retiree Dies In Sex Romp With Two Teenagers In Akwa Ibom / Shocking Footage Of Two Teenagers In Pants Violently Attacking Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by OneMarvee(f): 4:00am On Jul 17, 2021
Many teenagers have recently joined the dating pool. Every secondary school student now has a "special someone".

I am quite appalled at the staggering rise at which teenagers enter relationships just to join the trend.

Going into relationships without being friends first, for financial and sexual benefits, to update Instagram and Facebook?
It gets worse after several months of love-playing and exhausting infatuation, one party becomes bored and wants to try someone else and then the night falls on your undefined relationship. You then proceed to "chop breakfast".

No long term goals or aspirations, no detailed commitments. Just vibes and fulfilled emptiness.

Young people need to reevaluate their decisions and stop jumping on bandwagons. Focus on your education and your goals, that is what matters most now. And if you must, be with someone who you can grow with, share each others goals and ideas, have meaningful conversations, pray or attend religious gatherings.

Let your relationship be purposeful.

Shower thoughts with OneMarvee- E1S2

155 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 5:08am On Jul 17, 2021
It's normal, na puberty dey cause am, just that they need proper orientation and guidance.
I see nothing wrong in a teenager falling in love, all that matters is that the paradigm of boundaries be taught and followed. Also the need to checkmate negative peer pressures for them.
For me I never had a girl friend all my teenage days because I was way ahead of those things.

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by TheUndercover: 5:35am On Jul 17, 2021
The use of social media and portrayal of romantic movies has made the statistics go higher. Myths like love at first sight, the soul mate, the special one was made real using these medium.

In this current age, a typical 15-20 years old girl might be dating 3 guys and they won't ever find out. It's crazy. The lack of regulations of these medium and irresponsible parents is also one of the leading causes of this common trend.

206 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Fobogar: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
Chei

2 Likes

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Goldenheart(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
smiley

it is just a phase,

Some will make bad decisions and others will make good decisions. There should be proper guidance but still, what will be will be..

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Hisxellency: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
Make this small small children leave relationship matter for now and go back to school and concentrate on their book

Secondary school love sweet sha

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by drizslim(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
I keep saying this like a sermon

Don't date broke girls within their comfort zone who Will end up pressuring you TO do worse things to meet their insatiable demands

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Elvis2kay: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
sad
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by pansophist(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
When the media is all about relationship, sexually explicit content and more, what do you expect ?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Farid24224(m): 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
Am 19, haven't been in no sh*t relationship and I don't fvcking care 'bout it..Even though I have a lot of lusts, I always try to keep my mind straight not to even try being in a relationship...And am kinda an introvert and a no care someone... Ladies don't find me romantic one bit. Even though a lot of putas try to get me off the hook, it always ended up on the wrong side with me giving her a strict warning or her giving up 'cause I won't even budge...

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by devilmaycry: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
What do I know
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
Married men and women sleeping around with reckless abandon are even worse than these kids!!

All these are fulfillment and a testament that the world is gradually winding to an end!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2021
What exists in the mind of our teenagers subconsciously, isn't love but lost, infatuation and youthful exuberance

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Heterodox(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
It's biology.
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by fourboys: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
embarassed
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by galuxidris(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Ok then
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Pyiop: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Ok
Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Pricyy: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
I believe it's puberty and teenage exuberance.
Please if you are a teenager reading this, focus on your goals,pursue your dreams and study your books. You'll definitely have enough time to date and meet the one for you,but for now please focus.

Especially for the girls hustle now o, so you won't be a liability but an asset and helpmeet to your partner in future. Therefore, nobody will ask you and I quote" what do you bring to the table?". smiley

Sometimes I wish I can be a teenager again smiley cool

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by homealone00: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Isekuse. I enter one bus half filled with students. Hurriedly as one of the boys alighted from the bus saying bye to the other school girls. Na so one school girl among them quickly grab his preek saying bye-bye. embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by mbahdi(m): 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Every body dis days both the male and females are all chop clean mouth and go.nothimg like agape love again.all everybody is after even me self na lust lust and lust.no love given

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Ugaboy: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
O.P pls leave teenager and focus on ur life...or are u flinging for anyone.

This normal, especially those one experiencing puberty...also exposure to social media.

Hollywood and Korea teen romance Movies stimulate them to wants to live their life like what they watch.

I don't see this as problem of life..cus u can't help it...as the word is advancing, we unlocking new level life.

Nigerians teen they learn work for were Americans or white teens dey...those one even introduce their love to their parents

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Gofowel: 10:28am On Jul 17, 2021
Wow

1 Like

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Mood11: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2021
Teenage relationships are made up of iPhone,big shoes, make ups, half naked dressing, fvcking and a little bit of cheating ear and dear grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Christonjnr(m): 10:29am On Jul 17, 2021
Ynix:
It's normal, na puberty dey cause am, just that they need proper orientation and guidance.
I see nothing wrong in a teenager falling in love, all that matters is that the paradigm of boundaries be taught and followed. Also the need to checkmate negative peer pressures for them.
For me I never had a girl friend all my teenage days because I was way ahead of those things.

Naso them go impregnate ur teenage daughter or sister soon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relationship Trends Among Teenagers In Nigeria by Gamer999: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2021
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'I Once Went On A Date With A Guy, Saw A Ring On His Finger & He Was Like" / How Did You Later Discover You Were Dating Who Was Not Dating You? (photos) / #tide2019: Nigerian Man Accused Of Sleeping Around Weds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.