Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (74203 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2012
Forsake and Follow
May 16, 2012

"Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him" (Luke 5:10-11)

Perhaps we take too lightly the fact that the disciples "forsook all, and followed him." This action involved at least two aspects, the leaving of their former life and the realignment of their loyalty.

The word "forsook" is used in a variety of extreme situations, including the "putting away" of a spouse (1 Corinthians 7:11-12; also "leave," v. 13), and even death. "Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up |same word| the ghost" (Matthew 27:50). This leaving implies a complete severing of a situation or relationship.

Furthermore, they forsook all. For Peter, James, John, and Andrew, this involved leaving a prosperous business; for Matthew, a prestigious position of wealth; i.e., their careers. Certainly each left their livelihood, security, training, possessions, relationships, hopes--everything! "Whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple" (Luke 14:33).

Next, the disciples needed to restructure their lives and loyalties to those of Christ. The word "follow" implies a unity of purpose and direction. Jesus told the rich young ruler to give up all vestiges of his materialistic life "and come, take up the cross, and follow me" (Mark 10:21).

Christ issues the same call to discipleship to each of us. Peter asked Him the question which we frequently ask. "Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?" (Matthew 19:27). Christ answered, "Every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life" (v. 29). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On May 18, 2012
The Builder of the House
May 17, 2012

"He who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God" (Hebrews 3:3-4)

Perhaps the single greatest category of evidence for supernatural creation is in the nature of the creation itself, which everywhere shows such intricate design that it could not have come about by random chance. Consider the earth: Its size, mass, distance from the sun and moon, rotational wobble, chemical makeup, etc., are critical within very narrow limits. Any significant deviation in any of these, or other characteristics, would make life impossible.

But inorganic molecules, planets, and galaxies are simpler by several orders of magnitude than even the tiniest living organism. The marvelous genetic code which regulates life, growth, and reproduction, is so unthinkably complex, so obviously designed, that it would take a "willingly . . . ignorant" (2 Peter 3:5) mind to conclude a naturalistic origin for it. Life at every stage and at every level of investigation shows symmetry in its order, purpose in its function, and interdependence between its parts; all of these are clear marks of design by an intelligent designer.

The evidence speaks so eloquently that even "the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20) if they choose not to believe, and therefore to merit and face His wrath (v. 18.)

"All things were created by him, and for him" (Colossians 1:16). Mankind can take no pride in it nor rebellious solace in the idea of naturalistic origin, for "thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created" Revelation 4:11). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On May 19, 2012
Sweet-Smelling Sacrifice
May 18, 2012

"I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God" (Philippians 4:18.)

The reference in this text goes back to the "sweet savour" that God smelled when Noah offered his initial sacrifice after disembarking from the year-long Flood. That offering triggered a promise from God that He would never again curse the earth or destroy every living thing with water, as the Flood had done. Furthermore, the Lord promised to maintain the seasons and functions of the earth until the end (Genesis 8:20-21).

Later, Moses would bring the Lord's instructions for those laws of Israel that would keep the nation separate from the rest of the world and constantly remind them of the very personal relationship that the Creator of all things was establishing with them. Some of the sacrifices would be an "offering by fire unto the Lord, a burnt offering, or a sacrifice in performing a vow, or in a freewill offering, or in your solemn feasts, to make a sweet savour unto the Lord" (Numbers 15:3).

It is interesting to note that the twice-born are "unto God a sweet savour of Christ" (2 Corinthians 2:15). Our very existence as His children smells good to our Heavenly Father! We are also compared to living stones that are being built into a spiritual house that is "to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 2:5). Our bodies are to be "living sacrifices" (Romans 12:1) that render the "sacrifice of praise" (Hebrews 13:15), while God Himself is making us "perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ" (Hebrews 13:21). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On May 19, 2012
Sweet-Smelling Sacrifice
May 18, 2012

"I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God" (Philippians 4:18.)

The reference in this text goes back to the "sweet savour" that God smelled when Noah offered his initial sacrifice after disembarking from the year-long Flood. That offering triggered a promise from God that He would never again curse the earth or destroy every living thing with water, as the Flood had done. Furthermore, the Lord promised to maintain the seasons and functions of the earth until the end (Genesis 8:20-21).

Later, Moses would bring the Lord's instructions for those laws of Israel that would keep the nation separate from the rest of the world and constantly remind them of the very personal relationship that the Creator of all things was establishing with them. Some of the sacrifices would be an "offering by fire unto the Lord, a burnt offering, or a sacrifice in performing a vow, or in a freewill offering, or in your solemn feasts, to make a sweet savour unto the Lord" (Numbers 15:3).

It is interesting to note that the twice-born are "unto God a sweet savour of Christ" (2 Corinthians 2:15). Our very existence as His children smells good to our Heavenly Father! We are also compared to living stones that are being built into a spiritual house that is "to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 2:5). Our bodies are to be "living sacrifices" (Romans 12:1) that render the "sacrifice of praise" (Hebrews 13:15), while God Himself is making us "perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ" (Hebrews 13:21). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 10:12am On May 20, 2012
[size=13pt]

“Come out of the harlot churches, MY children!”

(Word received from the LORD by Susan, May 14, 2011)

Listen to MY Words and I will direct your writing:
Children, it is I, your LORD. There is much I need to impart on you. The world has turned against ME wholesale. They have sold themselves to the devil. It is a frightening time for the people of this earth. I am lifting MY Hand of protection off of these people. For they consider ME not. They have chosen against ME, so I must leave them to their own devises. I must let them struggle in their own sin. Soon they will find out the meaning of turning away from a Holy GOD toward other sources of aid.
MY children, when you reach out to the world as your source of security you will learn you are only grasping at empty air. You are entrusting your life to MY enemy. He has plans for your life and none of it good as he comes to steal, kill, destroy.
Children, I offer relief to the uncertain future you fear. I am the CERTAIN. I am the RELIABLE. I can be trusted. I can save you from this world that is collapsing. MY children, as the world continues on its downward spiral of evil, there is hope through ME. I am the SAFE PATH, the SAFE ROUTE.
Come to ME in humble submission. Give ME your heart, your life. Let ME fill you with MY SPIRIT. There is no other answer. There is no other way.
Repent for your sin of pursuing the world and its ways and seeking after mammon and the traditions of men for your answers. Remove yourself from the harlot church that refuses to follow MY SPIRIT. Run from the churches who block the way for the move of MY SPIRIT.
Those that block MY SPIRIT and keep HIM at bay are nothing less than wolves in sheep’s clothing and the price they will pay for destroying MY Work will be eternal condemnation.
Come out of the harlot churches, MY children! Come out from the cold and lukewarm! Come away from the dead churches! Seek ME in all MY Fullness. You cannot fight the enemy without a full oil lamp. You cannot even see him.
Fill your lamp and let ME give you new eyes to see MY Word more clearly, to be bold in spreading MY Word, to come to ME in humble repentance, to follow the one and only true path—the narrow road. Only those who have escaped the ways of the lukewarm will be ready when I return for MY church.
I am coming for a church that is filled with MY HOLY SPIRIT Fire and not the cold and dying church that loves ME not.
O’ church of the living dead: come to ME before this great hour of disaster is upon you. Break free of your bondage to the traditions of men and the workings of the devil. He has you securely in his grip. You are greatly deceived. Take your blinders off and turn to ME for eye salve so that I might show you Truth.
The hour is short. This world is dying. Soon I will return to remove MY church, those who love ME more than the world. Turn to ME before it is too late. Turn while you are still able. Evil man is rising. Don’t be caught unawares. MY Warnings are sure and MY Word is True.
I am a GOD WHO does not lie. MY Word is coming to pass, just as I said it would. Read MY Word. See that I am a GOD WHO is true to HIS Word.
FAITHFUL FRIEND WHO sticks closer than a brother,
LORD GOD ALMIGHTY[/size]

[b]Coordinating Scripture: John 10:10 (KJV): The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Job 8:13-14 (KJV): 13So are the paths of all that forget GOD; and the hypocrite's hope shall perish: 14whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spider's web.
Psalm 16:11 (KJV): THOU wilt shew me the path of life: in THY Presence is fullness of joy; at THY Right Hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Matthew 25:3-4 (KJV): 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Matthew 6:24 (KJV): No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon.
Matthew 7:15 (KJV): Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Proverbs 18:24 (KJV): A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2012
The Glorious Gospel
May 19, 2012

"According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust" (1 Timothy 1:11)

In the opening chapter of Paul's first letter to Timothy, his "son in the faith" (v. 2), Paul gives various instructions concerning the proper teaching of doctrine, "which was committed to |his| trust," and which now Paul was passing on to his followers. He took great care to charge Timothy to "hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 1:13, and elsewhere). Before launching into a testimony and defense of God's grace in salvation (vv. 12-17), Paul gives stern warning against false doctrines and false teachers (vv. 3-11). These teachers, "having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm" (1 Timothy 1:6-7). He even lists various sinful characteristics and actions of these false teachers (vv. 9-10), covering basically the same ground as the Ten Commandments.

The things in this list, Paul claims, are "contrary to sound |literally healthy, wholesome| doctrine." This doctrine, which is "according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God," is held up as the standard by which we evaluate any teaching or attitude, not a man-made system of ethics or code of conduct.

This glorious gospel, the good news, proclaiming the entire person and work of the great Creator/Redeemer Jesus Christ, must be the basis for all "sound" teaching and lifestyle. Paul later wrote that these "wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and . . . the doctrine which is according to godliness" (1 Timothy 6:3) bring spiritual health, while any contrary teaching brings spiritual poverty and corruption. "From such withdraw thyself" (v. 5). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 5:49am On May 21, 2012
[size=13pt]
Word of the LORD:
“You have two directions—only two—you either follow ME fully or you go with MY enemy…”
(Word received from the LORD by Susan, May 14, 2012)
Listen closely as I give you Words:
Daughter, I am coming and MY Time to collect MY children is drawing near: so many do not know ME, so many do not even care to know ME.
I am a GOD worth knowing. I created each child. I have put forth great effort in the creation of MY children. All MY children I love as only a father would love his own. Too many believe otherwise, that I am distant, far off, and aloof. This is not the case at all. I am really quite accessible, if only people would pursue ME. If only they would seek MY Face. Get close, come to know ME—really know ME.
There is nothing greater and more important than knowing GOD and getting to know ME and MY Ways. This is the meaning of life. All other pursuits are meaningless and out of the Will of GOD: the Will of the ONE WHO Created you.
Why walk outside of the Will of your CREATOR for your life? Your self will apart from MY Will is the will of the devil. Yes, it is your freewill to choose to walk the broad road and not the narrow way. You walk hand-in-hand with the devil whether you realize it or not.
To be out of MY Will is to be in the enemy’s will and that is playing with fire and will lead to your ultimate destruction. To be completely and securely in MY Will you must surrender your all to ME, repent of your sins from a remorseful heart. Let ME fill you with MY SPIRIT. Allow ME to come into your life and bring you to a complete filling of MY SPIRIT, a full oil lamp. There is no other way.
You may seek after other routes, but only one leads to MY FATHER and that is through ME, the LORD and SAVIOR of mankind. All other paths lead to destruction.
Children, I am a GOD WHO is humble. I was willing to lay down MY Life for you in a humbling fashion to surrender all for your sin, to cover your price, to ransom you, to defeat the hold of MY enemy on your life, to release you from eternal bondage, torment, and destruction in hell.
You have two directions—only two—you either follow ME fully or you go with MY enemy and he is your father, the father of lies. Until you lay your life at MY Feet—you belong to the devil.
When MY children spend time with ME but refuse to give ME their all in a full surrender, they are still engaging with MY enemy. You cannot come into MY Kingdom unless you turn your life over to ME fully.
I am a Jealous GOD. I do not share with other gods. Either MY children belong to ME from a full surrender and pursue ME in their hearts daily or they belong to the devil, their god. He rules their heart and they are far from ME acting in the will of the one they have chosen. They worship the devil and his ways when they are outside MY Will.
There is no middle ground or halfway. MY children are either surrendered fully or they are not part of ME: MY SPIRIT does not move through them and they work against MY Kingdom and do the will of MY enemy. This is pure evil; although few see it and few find the narrow path into MY Kingdom.
There is only a small remnant who will come with ME out of the earth when I call MY church home. Only those who submit to MY Will fully, only those who willingly lay down their lives and step off the broad road of the ways of the world and MY enemy. Few are willing to do this. Therefore few will inherit the Kingdom of heaven. Read MY Book. I have made this point clear.
You cannot alter the Words in MY book. MY Truth stands. Few find the narrow path. Do you wish to be one of them? Come lay your life at MY Feet. Let ME use it to reach others. Allow ME access to your life so that I can fill you with MY SPIRIT, make you complete and lead you to tranquility and peace, the peace that passes all understanding. This is the purpose of your life: to love and serve ME, your CREATOR and to be made whole and complete through the filling of MY SPIRIT.
Let ME bear your burdens. Your life was not meant to be lived in fear. Cast your cares on ME. Make ME your GOD, worship ME, and I will deliver you out to safety.
The hour is short; you have precious little time left. Don’t choose against ME.
I know you. I created you. Don’t separate yourself from ME for eternity.
I am your Loving FATHER,
RULER of Heaven and Earth
ETERNAL “I AM”[/size]

[b]
Coordinating Scripture:
Psalm 42:1 (KJV): As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after THEE, O GOD.
Matthew 7:13 (KJV): Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:21 (KJV): Not everyone that saith unto ME, LORD, LORD, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the Will of my FATHER which is in heaven.
John 8:44 (KJV): Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Mark 10:45 (KJV): For even the SON of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give HIS Life a ransom for many.
Matthew 7:14 (KJV): Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Exodus 15:11 (KJV): Who is like unto THEE, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like THEE, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?[/b]
]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:41am On May 21, 2012
In-Law or Outlaw?
May 20, 2012

"To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law" (1 Corinthians 9:21)

The preaching of the gospel weighed heavily on Paul, and in this passage (vv. 5-23), as well as surrounding chapters (8:1-11:1), he explained the lengths to which he would go to be able to preach and to avoid being a stumbling block to potential hearers. Since he closes the section with the exhortation "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (11:1), we would do well to observe his methods.

The message of the work of Christ Jesus burned within Paul. "Woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" (9:16). He would preach willingly or unwillingly (v. 17), for no financial gain (v. 18,) or personal glory (v. 16), but he had to preach. "I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more" (v. 19), he said. He would even make himself acceptable to the Jews (v. 20) by not breaking their law, even though he knew he was no longer bound by it.

In our text, Paul explains his approach to the Gentiles, those who were "without law." He could not behave in a licentious, sinful, lawless manner, for God's holy nature demands holiness. The Greek word anomos, translated four times in this verse as "without law," is contrasted in the parenthetic comment to ennomos, "under the law." Paul was not lawless. Even though not under the Mosaic law, he had voluntarily, out of a heart of love for the Saviour, placed himself under a set of new and better restraints, that of the law of Christ, "that I might by all means save some" (v. 22).

Christians of today have, to a great extent, benefited from Paul's unquenchable thirst for souls. He had partaken of the sweet fruits of the gospel and preached "that I might be partaker thereof with you" (v. 23). Should we not willingly follow his example? JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20am On May 22, 2012
Without the Shedding of Blood
May 21, 2012

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22)

It is strange that so many people object to the biblical doctrine of salvation through the shed blood of Christ. Even some evangelicals will argue that the blood is merely a chemical mixture, and that it was the death of Christ that was the price of our redemption.

Chemistry aside, the Bible does indeed stress that "we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins" (Colossians 1:14), that He has "made peace through the blood of his cross" (Colossians 1:20), and that we are "now justified by his blood" (Romans 5:9). We receive His great work of propitiation--that is His sacrificial death for our sins--"through faith in his blood" (Romans 3:25).

Why this emphasis on the shedding of His blood, which seems offensive to so many people? Could He not have been put to death in other ways--drowning, stoning, asphyxiation, etc.--ways not involving the ugliness of bloodshed?

One can speculate with many "what if?" questions, but we must go by the Word of God. It remains true, theologically as well as biologically, that "the life of the flesh is in the blood" (Leviticus 17:11, also Genesis 9:4). The basic rationale of sacrifice--the death of an innocent substitute to provide life for the guilty--has centered from the beginning (when God provided coats of skin for the unclothedness of Adam and Eve) on the spilled blood of sacrificial animals to atone for (that is "to cover" ) the sins of the one bringing the offering, until finally "the Lamb of God" could be offered by God as "one sacrifice for sins for ever" (Hebrews 10:12). When the blood gushed from His pierced side, His spotless life was poured out at the foot of the cross, and the price of our redemption was fully paid. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Raotito(m): 12:51pm On May 22, 2012
I wish all the Born Again Christians to visit this website to learn more about new things: www.iwwmwitness.com.ng
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 1:02pm On May 22, 2012

Father, in the Name of Jesus, bless me even while I'm reading this
prayer and bless the one that sent this to me in a special way. Open
Doors in our lives today, Save and set free!
Give us a double portion of your Spirit as we take back everything that
The devil has stolen:
Emotional Health
Physical Health
Finances
Relationships
Children
Jobs
Homes
Marriages
I cancel every plot, plan and scheme the enemy has devised Against us in
The NAME OF JESUS. And I declare:
NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US WILL PROSPER. I speak LIFE into every dead
situation. And, I thank you that nothing is over until YOU say it's
Over! Speak prophetically into our lives and to our situations:
our households are blessed;
our health is blessed ;
our marriages are blessed;
our finances are blessed;
our relationships
ISAIAH, 54.17
DEUT.28.1-14.
MATT.18.18
MATTHEW. 10.1.
LUKE.10.1
MARK.16 15-18
3.JOHN 1..2
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On May 23, 2012
grace5:

Father, in the Name of Jesus, bless me even while I'm reading this
prayer and bless the one that sent this to me in a special way. Open
Doors in our lives today, Save and set free!
Give us a double portion of your Spirit as we take back everything that
The devil has stolen:
Emotional Health
Physical Health
Finances
Relationships
Children
Jobs
Homes
Marriages
I cancel every plot, plan and scheme the enemy has devised Against us in
The NAME OF JESUS. And I declare:
NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US WILL PROSPER. I speak LIFE into every dead
situation. And, I thank you that nothing is over until YOU say it's
Over! Speak prophetically into our lives and to our situations:
our households are blessed;
our health is blessed ;
our marriages are blessed;
our finances are blessed;
our relationships
ISAIAH, 54.17
DEUT.28.1-14.
MATT.18.18
MATTHEW. 10.1.
LUKE.10.1
MARK.16 15-18
3.JOHN 1..2

And the people of the Lord said: Amen. Thanks and God bless you for this post.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On May 23, 2012
The Father of Glory
May 22, 2012

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him" (Ephesians 1:17)

This is one of Paul's most personal and precious prayers involving all the persons of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is called "the Spirit of wisdom," and the Father is called the "Father of glory."

One may note many wonderful attributes of our heavenly Father simply by noting the titles by which He is known to the apostles. Not only is He "the Father of glory," as in our text, but James calls Him "the Father of lights" (James 1:17). To Peter He is the "faithful Creator" and "the God of all grace" (1 Peter 4:19; 5:10).

The writer of Hebrews speaks of Him as "the God of peace" and "the Father of spirits" (Hebrews 13:20; 12:9). To John, "God is love" (1 John 4:16); to Jude, He is "God our Saviour" (Jude 25).

The epistles of Paul are rich with such beautiful ascriptions to the Father. One of the greatest is 2 Corinthians 1:3: "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort."

He is also "the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God" (1 Timothy 1:17), and the "one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:6). The heavenly Father is "the God of hope" (Romans 15:13), but He is also "God the Judge of all," and to the ungodly, "our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:23, 29).

Most importantly, the Father of glory is "God our Father" (1 Corinthians 1:3), because He is "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:3), and "truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ" (1 John 1:3). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Raotito(m): 3:55am On May 24, 2012
Why The Resurrection And Rapture Tarry, Was This Not Being The Cause?

Bible says: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24: 14.

It is written: And as he sat upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Question (a) when shall these things be?
Answer: But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Matthew 24: 36.

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, it is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts1: 8.

Question (b) what shall be the sign that you’re coming back?
Answer: And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers’ places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall about, the love of many shall wax cold. Matthew 24: 4-12. Definitely Jesus is coming back since all these sign mention is happening everyday in the world.

Question (c) what shall be the sign of the end of the world, e.g. system of things, end of satanic government in the world, end of this dispensation, end for the next event to come, e.g. Resurrection and Rapture of the Saints?

Answer: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14.

We all know now that the last sign is what delaying the Resurrection and the Rapture. Delaying of this sign of witness is the cause of delaying of Rapture, and delaying of Rapture is dangerous to the born again Christians.

Many preachers are saying they’re preaching the gospel, but which gospel they preached. But they didn’t preach the gospel of the kingdom which is the mandate message giving to us, which will bring in the Resurrection and Rapture.

Our Lord Jesus Christ prayed that we should be one in order to finish the work He giving to us in short time, but we failed to unite.

No single organization is able to cover all nations without delay the work.
Let us obey now, the command of our Lord Jesus Christ and put away the Pride and Covetousness, and to unite to finish the work given to us.

Visit this website: www.iwwmwitness.com.ng to read and study the message of the kingdom of heaven and Join them to spread the message to all nations, so that end may come.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2012
Follow Me
May 23, 2012

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him" (Matthew 4:19-20)

It was not unusual for a man with a political cause or message to develop a following in the Israel of Jesus' day (see Acts 5:35-37, for example). It was even common for a Jew to follow a religious "master," calling him Rabbi and becoming his disciple.

But what made the disciples leave the lives they knew and follow Christ? Perhaps they hoped He would lead a successful rebellion against Rome, but He had done nothing to make them think so. Nor had He promised them a life of luxury and ease, but rather hardship and hard work in their new occupation as "fishers of men."

However, John the Baptist had prepared the way for the Lord. He had trained at least most, possibly all, of the men who would eventually become Jesus' disciples. "John stood, and two of his disciples; And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus" (John 1:35-37). Training by John even became a requirement for a potential replacement for Judas (Acts 1:20-22).

But a credible witness in John was not their only reason to follow, for they had a great body of compelling evidence. For example, Luke records in Peter's case, Christ had already gained local recognition (Luke 4:14-15). Jesus had been to Peter's house for dinner where his mother-in-law had been healed (4:38-39). Christ had used his boat for teaching (5:3) and had miraculously directed them to an overwhelming catch of fish (5:6). In response, Peter and his partners "forsook all, and followed him" (5:11).

We have a much surer testimony and much more evidence. Should we not do likewise? JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23pm On May 24, 2012
Fishy

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:42am On May 25, 2012
God's Complete Supply
May 24, 2012

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19)

The key to this promise in today's verse is the need that must be met by the riches of the Great King as we render our service in His Kingdom. But how vast those needs can be and how different the supply is!

Millions of Israelites needed food in the wilderness, and the manna came fresh from heaven each day for 40 years (Exodus 16:35). Gideon needed victory over the innumerable Midianites, and God caused confusion to fall on his enemies (Judges 7:22). Elijah needed a powerful demonstration of God's authority, and fire came down from heaven (1 Kings 18:38.)

In the New Testatment, a crippled man needed a new hand (Mark 3:5), a blind man needed new eyes (John 9:5-6), and a dead man needed life (John 11:43-44). Jesus made the best wine anyone had ever had when the party needed supply (John 2:10-22). He calmed the sea when the disciples needed freedom from their fear (Mark 4:38-39). And He pulled Peter up from the sea when he needed rescue (Matthew 14:30-31). No matter the size of the need, the resources are more than sufficient.

More often than not, however, the need is spiritual. We all need God's forgiveness from the "sickness" of sin (Mark 2:17). When we first come into His kingdom, we need the "milk" of the Word (Hebrews 5:12). We all need the wisdom to "walk honestly toward them that are without" (1 Thessalonians 4:12).

And our great God has the resources to supply all our needs. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:17pm On May 25, 2012
+ Steps of fear and [wilful] disobedience both fuel and maintain fear [pride] in one's life while steps of faith [love and obedience] - in even the smallest things - fuel and maintain a continually stronger [effectual] faith [love and obedience] in one's life.

...."For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".... 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

...."However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find [persistence in] faith on the earth?".... Luke 18:8 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On May 26, 2012
Arrows in the Hand
May 25, 2012

"As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth" (Psalm 127:4)

This is the central verse in the 101 verses contained in a remarkable group of fifteen psalms called "The songs of degrees" (Psalms 120-134). The central verse in the central psalm of this group is the preceding verse: "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward" (Psalm 127:3). The origin of these psalms and this peculiar superscript has always been uncertain. Four are said to be by David, one by Solomon; the other ten are anonymous.

A reasonable supposition, however, is that they were composed by King Hezekiah, after he had been miraculously healed of a lethal illness. "I will add unto thy days fifteen years," God had said, and gave Hezekiah a miraculous sign as confirmation, causing the shadow on the sun dial of Ahaz to go "backward ten degrees" (2 Kings 20:6, 10). In thanksgiving thereof, the king proclaimed, "Therefore we will sing my songs . . . all the days of our life in the house of the Lord" (Isaiah 38:20).

It is significant that the word for "degrees" is the same in both cases. It apparently means "steps" or "ascents." The shadow miraculously ascended ten steps back up the sun dial after it had gone down, and Hezekiah's life was miraculously extended 15 years. Perhaps, therefore, "my songs" mean the ten songs the king composed in commemoration of the ten degrees. He then added five songs of David to round out the total to 15, corresponding to his added "days of our life." And right at the centre was his great testimony to the blessing of children. He was childless at the time, but he had a son three years later (2 Chronicles 33:1) by whom He was able to continue the Messianic line promised to David through Solomon. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55am On May 27, 2012
Like a Wave of the Sea
May 26, 2012

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally. . . . But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed" (James 1:5-6)

A contrast is set up in these verses between faith and doubt. Jesus taught that:

"if ye have faith, and doubt |same word as 'waver' in our text| not . . . ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive" (Matthew 21:21-22).

James explains that a doubter can be compared to ocean waves. Waves (in contrast to the tides which are caused by the gravitational attraction of the moon and sun) are caused by wind which imparts energy to the ocean water which scarcely attenuates until the wave crashes onto the shoreline, perhaps many miles from its original source of energy. A wave cannot stay in one place. It surges onto the shore and recedes backward. It rises up and sinks down. It contains much froth, as well as great energy, which cannot efficiently be harnessed for good, but has the potential to cause great damage.

What an elegant picture of the doubting, half-believing soul. Willingly receiving onward and upward impulses, he cannot sustain them, quickly sinking to former depths, only to rise again, in an endless cycle, until ultimately dissipating all energy on some rocky shoreline of life. "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways" (James 1:8 ).

In much the same way, Paul urges that we:

"be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ" (Ephesians 4:14-15). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On May 28, 2012
Lazarus and the Rich Man
May 27, 2012

"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried" (Luke 16:22)

Many scholars believe that the episode reported in Luke 16:19-31 actually happened; that it is a true story. If it is a parable, it is not identified as such, and it is the only one in which the name of a participant is given. Christ related the story as if it were true. But whether history or parable, we can learn much from the contrast between these two dramatically different men, their deaths and destinies.

The rich man, of course, surrounded himself with luxury (v. 19) while Lazarus struggled each day just to survive until the next poverty-filled and pain-wracked day (vv. 20-21).

No one can escape the grave, however, and in the passage of time, both died. But, rather than reducing those two different individuals to the commonality of death, their differences actually are heightened. The rich man, "being in torments" (v. 23), was aware of the comfort of Lazarus in "Abraham's bosom" (v. 22). The interchange between the rich man and Abraham, and the timeless instruction Christ gave, are well known.

Note also the contrast between "carried" and "buried" in our text. The beggar's body was no doubt unceremoniously dumped into a pauper's grave, while the rich man's corpse was placed in a costly sepulchre, and his funeral attended by many friends and mourners. But look beyond the earthly spectrum. While the rich man begs for mercy and relief from torment, the poor man's eternal spirit is "carried" (literally, "carried off" or "borne away" ) by a convoy of angelic beings into the presence of God, where "now he is comforted" (v. 25). For Lazarus, and indeed for all who die in the Lord, "death is swallowed up in victory" (1 Corinthians 15:54). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On May 29, 2012
Assembling Together
May 28, 2012

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25)

This verse is often cited as an incentive to regular church attendance, but it can also relate just as well to any gathering of two or more believers in Christ’s name. The Lord Jesus said: "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" (Matthew 18:20).

It is fascinating to note that the Greek word translated "assembling together" in this verse is used only one other time in the New Testament, and there it is translated "gathering together." "Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him" (2 Thessalonians 2:1).

In this verse, Paul was reminding the Thessalonians of his previous letter to them, in which he had written about the return of Christ and the gathering together of all believers to meet Him in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17). Perhaps the writer of our text verse, since he was using the same unique terminology, was referring to the same event.

That is, whenever there is an assembling together of believers, it is in a sense a little preview of that great gathering in the skies when Christ returns, as we exhort one another to "look for him" (Hebrews 9:28,) and so much the more, as we see the day approaching.

Since our text verse does not actually mention the church by name, it seems to apply to any assembling of believers. However, there is one very significant use of "church" in Hebrews, and it refers specifically to the coming meeting in the air, where we shall all gather at "the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect" (Hebrews 12:23). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Gsluv(m): 11:23am On May 29, 2012
DON’T COMPARE!!!

Thousands have launched into careers they should have never have dipped their hands in. In the course of this doing this, some have made a shipwreck of themselves while others are working hard to cover up the trash they’ve gotten into.*smh*
One pressing factor that is really derailing many in this Glorious Generation is “comparison” syndrome. This syndrome has got many into troubles, havoc, broken careers; it has made many corporate beggars, some are stuck abroad now with nothing to show for after spending donkey years abroad just because they fell for the “comparison” syndrome.
Now let me put it straight, the fact that Mr. A made it going through that path doesn’t mean u also will make it through that path. Stop comparing you with other people, every man was created, specially designed, graphically constructed and articulately structured to perform a specific mission here on earth. But it’s sad many don’t have that understanding and have ended up forming a queue on the path to failure.
Let me give u an example of the story of a cock that was in search of food and suddenly an eagle caught its sight up far above in the sky. It was amazed at the way the eagle soared in the sky above, with time it grew jealous and concluded that it too can fly like that since it’s got wings like the eagle’s. So it embarked the mission of trying soar at the altitude of the eagle but ended up losing one of its wings due to over stressing.
Many people like the cock have embarked on impossible missions and have ended up failures, and then they come around to blame God for not granting them success. Stop using another’s accomplishment as a yardstick for yours like my mum would say “ma wo ago alago sise”. God created you, YES I mean YOU, for a special purpose and until you go ask Him you might continue to live a life of mystery. I’m convinced that if everyone were to take time to ask God for their purpose, we would not have 5000 people applying for one vacant post in an organization.
Very few have had this understanding and it has made them living legends. I keep wondering, if everyone were to be musicians, who’ll be d listener; if everyone were to be doctors, who’ll be the patient?; if everyone were to be Ben Carson, then whose brains will be operated?; if everyone were to be pastors then who’ll be the congregation? Dear friend take time and ask God what He made you for and I’m assured we’ll meet at the top someday.
STOP COMPARING WITH OTHERS, I REPEAT STOP COMPARING WITH OTHERS!!
http://olatunji-Godsluv..com
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:07pm On May 29, 2012
[size=13pt]
Follow Me

My children, everywhere that I go, people seem to be so glad to follow Me, but they also insist that I bend My will to theirs, that I should be what they want Me to be.
But you see this is not the way it must be. I am who I am, unchangeable, and My will is already determined. I have been the same throughout the ages.
People leave Me when they discover this about Me.
They replace Me with gods who do just as they want Me to do.
I am the Creator and My creations rebel against the hand which fashioned them. They have lost their fear of Me, because too soon they forget who I am.
I love the people I have created. I would give them all they desire, but they worship those things and not Me.
At these times I must remind them that I am God and that I have not lost My power. How do you see yourself at this moment?
Do you love Me better than anything that I have given you or can give you?
Remember the rich young man in the scripture, which had vast wealth, he desired to follow Me but could not part with earthly things.
You have free will, but if you love things, you are bound to the earth.
I cannot raise you up if you are so bound.
Lose your love for things and gain your reward with Me.
I owned nothing on earth; I gave away what was given to Me.
I trusted My heavenly Father to supply all that I had need of. Can you live this way?[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27am On May 30, 2012
God's Grace
May 29, 2012

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen" (Philippians 4:23)

The basic form of today's verse appears 13 times in the New Testament. In Scripture, repetition is not for lack of something to say, but the Holy Spirit's intentional emphasis on something.

God extends His grace to the very creation itself by merely keeping the universe together (2 Peter 3:7), intending thereby to "speak" and supply knowledge (Psalm 19:1-4) sufficient to display His very nature and power in such a way that there can be "no excuse" about His existence and care for humanity (Romans 1:20).

In seven of the 13 times, this "grace of our Lord Jesus Christ" is focused on "you." God's grace is very personal. Everything that He has done is because He loves you and me beyond any grasp of our earthly imagination. No one is beyond the touch of God's grace: "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" (Titus 2:11). "We love him, because he first loved us" (1 John 4:19).

Once, in contrast, God says some will turn "the grace of our God into lasciviousness" and deny Him who has bought and paid for all the horrible sin that they embraced to spite such grace (Jude 1:4). No wonder the apostle Paul calls such people "abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate" (Titus 1:16).

The Lord twice focuses His grace on our spirits, indicating God's intimate knowledge of our innermost thoughts (Romans 8:26). Paul noted that God's grace is "exceeding abundant with faith and love" (1 Timothy 1:14), and he insisted that His grace is designed to be "glorified in you" (2 Thessalonians 1:12). Like today's verse, most of the prayers for us end in "Amen." And that's the way it should be. HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:08am On May 31, 2012
Hereby Know
May 30, 2012

"Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit" (1 John 4:13)

It is surprising to note that this phrase "hereby know" occurs eight times in the little epistle of 1 John. Each of these listed below is given as a means of both testing the genuineness of our professed faith in Christ and then of giving assurance and comfort to the true believer.

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments" (1 John 2:3).

"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him" (1 John 2:5).

"Hereby perceive |same Greek word as 'know'| we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (1 John 3:16).

"My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him" (1 John 3:18-19).

"And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us" (1 John 3:24).

"Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God" (1 John 4:2).

"We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error" (1 John 4:6).

The eighth and last such reference is our text for the day. Note that the common thread running through all is the importance of the indwelling Spirit of truth, leading those who know the Lord into lives of doctrinal purity, obedience to God's Word, and love toward the brethren. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
Soldier's Duty
May 31, 2012

"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier" (2 Timothy 2:3-4)

As Paul came to the end of his earthly life, he took great pains to encourage his disciple to "be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 2:1) and to guard and pass on the precious teachings that Paul had taught him.

Paul compared Timothy's life in the ministry of the gospel to the life of a soldier. The Greek word translated "endure hardness" is used twice more by Paul, each in this book. "But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions |same word|, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry" (2 Timothy 4:5). Paul holds himself up as an example of such endurance when he claims: "I suffer trouble |same word|, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound" (2 Timothy 2:9).

As soldiers of Jesus Christ, we are to avoid entangling ourselves with something that will hinder our effectiveness. The word "entangled" means "entwined," or "involved with." The soldier must be able to draw his weapon freely and use it effectively, and cannot do so if something is clutching onto him, binding his arms and legs.

Our text follows the well-known admonition: "Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also" (vv. 1-2). The goal of a soldier is to please his leader. So must be our goal in the warfare at hand, preserving and passing on the truth. As Christians, we have been chosen to be in the army of the General who Himself died to assure our ultimate victory. He deserves our total devotion. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by grace5: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
[size=13pt]A LETTER FROM THE DEVIL TO THE LAZY CHRISTIAN..YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE I LIKE YOU THE WAY YOU ARE.

OUCHHH! What a slap in the face. I saw you yesterday as you began your daily chores. You awoke without kneeling to pray. As a matter of fact, you didn’t even bless your meal, or pray before going to bed last night. You are so unthankful, I like that about you. I cannot tell you how glad I am that you have not changed your way of living. Fool…you are mine!

Remember, you and I have been going steady for years and I still don’t love you yet. As a matter of fact, I hate you because I hate God. I am only using you to get even with God.
He kicked me out of heaven, and I am going to use you as long as possible to pay Him back. You see, Fool, GOD LOVES YOU, and He have great plans in store for you.
But you have yielded your life to me, and I am going to make your life a living hell…literally. That way, we will be together twice.
This will really hurt God. Thanks to you, I’m really showing Him whose boss in your life with all the good times we’ve having.
We have been watching dirty movies, cursing people out, stealing, lying, being hypocritical, fornicating, overeating, telling dirty jokes, gossiping, backstabbing people, disrespecting authority , adults and those in leadership, no respect for the church, bad attitudes…surely you don’t wanna give all this up…do you?

Come on fool, let’s burn together forever. I’ve got some really hot plans for us.
This is just a letter of appreciation from me to you. I’d like to say “THANKS!” for letting me use you for most of your silly life.
You are so gullible, I laugh at you. When you are tempted to sin, you are a given...so predictable. HA HA HA. You make me sick.
Sin is beginning to take its toll on your life. You look 20 years older and now, I need some new blood. So go ahead and teach your children how to sin.
All you have to do is smoke, get drunk, cheat, gamble, lie fornicate, gossip and live your life as selfishly as possible.
Do all of this in the presence of your children and they will do it too. Kids are like that you know.

Well, Fool, I have to let you go now. I will be back in a couple of seconds to tempt you again.
If you were smart, you would run somewhere, and confess your sins, and believe in your heart that Jesus was raise from the dead for your sins,
and live for God with what little bit of life you have left.
Its not my nature to warn anyone, but to be your age and still sinning, its becoming a bit ridiculous…don’t you think?
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still hate you, IT’S JUST THAT YOU MAKE A BETTER FOOL FOR CHRIST!

The Hell with you,

The Devil[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2012
The Furtherance of the Gospel
June 1, 2012

"But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel" (Philippians 1:12)

The infrequently used word "furtherance" (meaning simply "advancement" ) occurs elsewhere only in Philippians 1:25, where Paul speaks of the "furtherance and joy of faith," which he hoped to see in the Christians at Philippi, and in 1 Timothy 4:15, where it is translated "profiting." There, Paul urged young Timothy to continue studying the things of God "that thy profiting may appear to all."

Paul wrote this epistle while he was unjustly imprisoned in a Roman jail, and no doubt he remembered the time when he had first met many of his Philippian Christian friends as a result of being imprisoned and beaten in a Philippian jail (Acts 16:12-40). In fact he had often been imprisoned (2 Corinthians 11:23) and had suffered severely in many other ways for "the furtherance of the gospel."

Indeed, during the two years or more he was a prisoner in Rome, he not only taught God's Word to many who visited him there (Acts 28:30-31) but also wrote at least four of his inspired epistles there (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, Philemon--possibly even Hebrews). And these have been of untold blessing to millions down through the years. In ways which Paul could never have imagined, it was true indeed that these things which had happened to him had "fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel."

The apostle Paul had the spiritual insight to realize that what seemed like great problems and difficulties could be used by God to the "advancement" of the gospel. Rather than complaining or even quitting when the Christian life gets hard, we must remember that God can make even "the wrath of man" to bring praise to Him (Psalm 76:10). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:47am On Jun 03, 2012
The Redeemed of the Lord
June 2, 2012

"Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy" (Psalm 107:2)

This hymn of praise for God's providence centres around four examples of God's deliverance from particular problems. The four situations are as follows: Lost travelers who are out of provisions far from a city (vv. 4-5), prisoners imprisoned for their own rebelliousness (vv. 1-12), those who have been brought to physical illness due to their sin (vv. 17-18 ), and sailors who face shipwreck on stormy seas (vv. 23-27). In each case, the individuals prayed for deliverance which resulted in God's miraculous rescue and a response of praise.

This cycle reminds us of the pattern during the time of the Judges when "every man did what was right in his own eyes" (Judges 21:25). Due to their rebelliousness, God brought the people of Israel into captivity over and over again. Each time, in the midst of their oppression, they cried unto the Lord, who raised up a judge and empowered him to vanquish the enemy and free the people.

The exact same pattern can be found in Solomon's prayer of dedication for the temple. He recognised man's tendency to rebel and forget the Lord's provision when things are going well, thus eliciting God's judgment. But God has always used times of trouble to bring men and women back to Himself. He is a God of grace and mercy and love, desiring to forgive and restore those who repent and call to Him for deliverance (2 Kings 8 ).

The same truth applies today. We still tend to rebel, and He remains long-suffering, willing to forgive and restore upon repentance. "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 1:7). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
"...It is Finished..."

The Lord will never start anything in your life that he cannot accomplish. He is the author and finisher of our faith, so if he says we need to have a faith as small as the mustard seed, it simply indicates that the faith we have is technically not ours to even reveal but the absence of fear of the wicked one, reveals the power of faith in the hearts of Christian.

How does one even begin to build faith within? you do not build faith brethren, you are not the owner of faith. Some one is puzzled right now!. what is he talking about? The word of the Lord made us understand that we are in the image of God, created with fertility within us and all that we lay our hands upon must prosper. Thus said the lord and it has been true, don't you know that all you lay your heart upon is likewise? Faith is never built but cometh by the hearing of the word of God. It does not mean the sunday sunday tonic that we use to clear our guilt and position ourselves for a new week, it simply indicates the continual hearing of the word of God; shema shema.

Your heart is the fertility that the Lord has placed upon you and all that is sowed upon it must grow. You are blessed even if you do not know it, anything you think about is processed to lead you into actions and activities of the body. Where does the motivation to act comes from, simply by the thoughts in your head which is cultivated by your heart. But your heart desires a seed to be sown before it can generate the best action for your body, so if you sow a wrong seed, you reap a deadly reward that will not just kill the body but condemn the soul to hell.

Christ has died so that your condemnation will not be possible but some of us have decided that hell is our choice of place to go and have sold our souls to the devil in funny acts like sexual perverseness, adultery, fornication, masturbation, converting our neighbors goods and so on... but we can still shift gear by simply acknowledging who we are in Christ and he will acknowledge who we are before his father in heaven and all that we used to be will be wiped from the book of death into the book of life.

Do you remember that there is power in your tongue? Life and death has been handed to you and you can choose how to use it and if you be wise, you will ask the Lord to lead you into using the power he gave you cause if he owns it, then he has the best knowledge of how to use it and by doing so, you are bringing his power upon the earth and most likely, he is bringing more of himself upon you.

At the end of every thing we seek in life, we always come to a decision that is our free choice, choose ye whom you will serve. Are you in the middle, not knowing whom you call your father and only recognizing Jesus in time of troubles and worries? I am sorry for you cause you should start at this moment to acknowledge whom you will serve and stop the life of unbelief. Someone once told me that we sure are faithful all the time but what matters to God is where your faith lies. Faith in the world leads us to the state of unbelief and we inadvertently plant that seed of unbelief which grows into a mighty tree of the knowledge of good and evil within us, so we continually live a life of confusion, not knowing our identity. A life of disbelief or amazement is a faithful life with the word of God growing within you and it bears the tree of life which brings forth life and abundant joy.

You are what you take in. Jesus mentioned it in the bible that we should not worry about what we eat but most importantly is about what we actually speak from our mouth and if you ask me, i will say what you listen to. The heart is sensitive and very fertile, it is a huge unseen farmland blessed by God himself and every word matters as it goes in. If you subject yourself to pornography, you will exhibit the life of one who is addicted to it and other virtues will come forth like smoking, drinking, womanizing, prostitution, masturbation and so many others. Subjected to a life of lies will bring forth distrust, dishonesty, disloyalty, inhumanity, anger and so many others.

You are whole when you hear the word of life daily and speak to the Lord in the language of prayer continually, he will renew your mind and bring down the secrets of the heavens and earth into you, and as you get to know the thoughts of God, he will get to download more of who he is upon you daily. He is too generous with his gift but the position of doubts and unbelief has robbed us of who we can be and left us with an illusion of the world's glory.

God bless you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (37) (Reply)

Many 2go Users To Die Today-tb Joshua / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response / Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.