Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:16 AM

Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 (25055 Views)

Question: Which Is The Most Populous Ethnic Group In Rivers State? / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Jim Agbaje Tells CNN Why He Wants To Govern Africa's Most Populous City, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by MetaPhysical: 3:03am On May 29, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Igbo influence lingers in more subtle ways, especially linguistically, down to the Pidgin English we speak in Nigeria! Una (from Igbo 'unu'), 'dey' (from Igbo 'di' i.e Chi di/God dey), tee (from Igbo 'tee' ie o teela/e don tee) etc all come from Igbo language. The Jamaicans still say 'unu', not even 'una'! Igbo 'unu (una, wuna, unnu, wunu) is used virtually across all English-based patois in the whole world, from Nigerian PE, Sierra Leone PE, Ghanian PE, in Belize patois, Jamaica, Guyana etc. You name it.

Yoruba Ifa which originally was practiced by Yoruba slaves was embraced by descendants from other tribes (even till this day) as a way of connecting to Mama Africa/their African heritage and has transformed into a religion for afro-descended blacks but it does not mean that all adherents are Yorubas or have Yoruba ancestry. A substantial number aren't Yorubas by blood and their DNA admixture test will prove this. Brazilian and Cuban blacks are a good mix of Congolese, Angolese and European genes. Some Igbo as well. Roman Catholicism originated from Rome and spread worldwide to have hundreds of millions of adherents. A good number of Igbos today are Roman Catholics but they are not Romans. Also, in Judaism, you could be a Jew either by religious conversion or by having Jewish (esp maternal) ancestry. However, only those of true Jewish genetic ancestry are regarded as Jews.

When many afro-descendants start to investigate into their African ancestry, they often encounter Yoruba Ifa first but I've seen many of them join and leave the religion, especially after DNA testing indicates non-Yoruba origins. I belong to several Afro-descended DNA testing groups on Facebook and an overwhelming number of results come up with Igbo DNA (some as high as 70% Igbo) and Yoruba comes up once in a while (again, confirming the number breakdown posted previously). Do not confuse all Ifa adherents in Brazil and Cuba as Yorubas, because, genetically, they are not. A good number have Congolese and Angolan DNA in them.

It is very easy to make emotional-based claims but DNA testing results have consistently shown a different story.

In SW Nigeria today, due to the high rate of inter-tribal marriages, a substantial number of Yorubas have 50% Igbo blood to as high as 75% or 80% Igbo blood (those with Igbo mothers and Igbo paternal grandparents), despite being 'Yoruba by name'. Yoruba by name, Igbo by DNA.

Let me start from bottom up. grin

Yoruba/Igbo intermarriage is very few when compared individually with Yoruba/Bini, Yoruba/Itsekiri, Yoruba/Tapa, Yoruba/Fulani, Yoruba/Bariba, Yoruba/Hausa.

Beside Igbo, none of these other groups ever highlight and jubilate in the town square of their mix relationship or blood with Yoruba. To them, their marriage to Yoruba, an outsider, is no more significant than a marriage within their own group. To the Igbo on the other hand, this is a marriage UP. A significant acquisition of pedigree and class. Hence it is a highlight in your consciousness, a pride. From the Yoruba perspective, we are unperturbed!

On DNA, if you observe there is disclaimer on the "accuracy" of the result that is issued. Beyond that....I don't care if there were 1million Igbo in diaspora but only 100 Yorubas....the point is Yoruba is the acclaimed dominant group in consciousness, self-worth and sense of justice. Others accepted the slave master as a superior, Yoruba challenged that. Indeed Yoruba regarded the slave master as an inferior, a barbarian! In the travel of Lander and Clapperton they spoke severally about the disdain with which they were treated in Yorubaland. They could not find porters and they were not considered noble enough to sit on the richly woven mats and rugs reserved for noble visitors to Alaafin.

Yoruba Ifa is not a religion, it is a spirituality. The philosophy and morality and ethos of living is all packaged into it. It is more than a religion, it is the code for righteousness in living. If you were more in number in diaspora and you left Africa same way as Yoruba left Africa, a slave....why did your Igbo majority accept the minority Yoruba way of life? What happened to yours? You were weak, he was strong and refined.

Igbo influence lingers in more subtle ways,
I had to laugh at this one... grin Have you ever heard a trumpet claiming it had to muffle its notes in an ensemble? An Igbo being subtle in areas of influence is an excuse for laxity and incapacity to influence at all. Stop using this line please. grin

When we explore the origin, and lexicon, of pidgin English credit has to go to Warri, period!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by MetaPhysical: 3:11am On May 29, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Regardless, it is still a recognized language and the 3rd largest ethnic group in EG.

You falsified information and presented something as official, when challenged you modified your position and agreed it was not official....then you waved off your fart as a...."regardless"! grin

Before you came in someone touted you as the data procurement guru...another one said he hoped you do not procure falsehood when you show up! cool

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by bigfrancis21: 3:17am On May 29, 2020
MetaPhysical:

You falsified information and presented something as official, when challenged you modified your position and agreed it was not official....then you waved off your fart as a...."regardless"! grin

Before you came in someone touted you as the data procurement guru...another one said he hoped you do not procure falsehood when you show up! cool

Ifa isn’t a religion when almost every webpage regards it as a religion? Notice how you never countered any of my facts with valid data, other than emotional outbursts as expected.

Well, my point has been made for posterity’s sake.

9 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by MetaPhysical: 4:46am On May 29, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Ifa isn’t a religion when almost every webpage regards it as a religion? Notice how you never countered any of my facts with valid data, other than emotional outbursts as expected.

Well, my point has been made for posterity’s sake.

Ifa has never been a religion. Religion is a mainstream way of life now...and so everything is classified under religion.

Any way to worship God that demonize others or set boundaries against others, it is a religion. Ifa does not set boundary, all are welcome and Ifa does not preach or scare people.

On the last part of your comment Im not even going to say anything other than you are a comedian! grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by unbitchable(m): 5:17am On May 29, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Let me start from bottom up. grin

Yoruba/Igbo intermarriage is very few when compared individually with Yoruba/Bini, Yoruba/Itsekiri, Yoruba/Tapa, Yoruba/Fulani, Yoruba/Bariba, Yoruba/Hausa.

Beside Igbo, none of these other groups ever highlight and jubilate in the town square of their mix relationship or blood with Yoruba. To them, their marriage to Yoruba, an outsider, is no more significant than a marriage within their own group. To the Igbo on the other hand, this is a marriage UP. A significant acquisition of pedigree and class. Hence it is a highlight in your consciousness, a pride. From the Yoruba perspective, we are unperturbed!

On DNA, if you observe there is disclaimer on the "accuracy" of the result that is issued. Beyond that....I don't care if there were 1million Igbo in diaspora but only 100 Yorubas....the point is Yoruba is the acclaimed dominant group in consciousness, self-worth and sense of justice. Others accepted the slave master as a superior, Yoruba challenged that. Indeed Yoruba regarded the slave master as an inferior, a barbarian! In the travel of Lander and Clapperton they spoke severally about the disdain with which they were treated in Yorubaland. They could not find porters and they were not considered noble enough to sit on the richly woven mats and rugs reserved for noble visitors to Alaafin.

Yoruba Ifa is not a religion, it is a spirituality. The philosophy and morality and ethos of living is all packaged into it. It is more than a religion, it is the code for righteousness in living. If you were more in number in diaspora and you left Africa same way as Yoruba left Africa, a slave....why did your Igbo majority accept the minority Yoruba way of life? What happened to yours? You were weak, he was strong and refined.

Igbo influence lingers in more subtle ways,
I had to laugh at this one... grin Have you ever heard a trumpet claiming it had to muffle its notes in an ensemble? An Igbo being subtle in areas of influence is an excuse for laxity and incapacity to influence at all. Stop using this line please. grin

When we explore the origin, and lexicon, of pidgin English credit has to go to Warri, period!
Saved the best reply for the last. ibos couldn't influence other minority populations of slaves outside the shores by their acclaimed large numbers, as they vigorously did the minorities within the eastern region. So much for "subtle influence". They are weak, have no class nor personalty - simply put. They succeeded in the eastern region because they had a Government over the minorities without which they were spineless outside of the shores.

* Ridiculously gloating over a DNA testing that has returned their Jewish ancestry they love to postulate a null and void. They seem to be getting bloated by the African American DNA testing. There will be no cure for fools!

*More worryingly, his last paragraph which was replete with spurious and false claims such that I wish I had him on chokehold. a significant number of Yoruba have 50% ibo blood to as high as 75-80% Igbo blood/DNA. -- Madness!!!

What is the rate of Yoruba/ibo intermarriage and when (which year) did it start ffs!. These bunch of low self-esteem folks keep proving us right that they indeed do pull off figures from their father's ass and throw it on their mother's face.

Hopefully I would have a spare time off my busy schedule to open a thread to highlight and expose his demonic claims on the Yoruba population. Their Lies are becoming damn too much to condone.

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by MetaPhysical: 5:29am On May 29, 2020
unbitchable:

Saved the best reply for the last. ibos couldn't influence other minority populations of slaves outside the shores by their acclaimed large numbers, as they vigorously did the minorities within the eastern region. So much for "subtle influence". They are weak, have no class nor personalty - simply put. They succeeded in the eastern region because they had a Government over the minorities without which they were spineless outside of the shores.

* Ridiculously gloating over a DNA testing that has returned their Jewish ancestry they love to postulate a null and void.

*More worryingly, his last paragraph which was replete with spurious and false claims such that I wish I had him on chokehold. " Yoruba have a significant number of 50% ibo blood to as high as 75-80% Igbo blood/DNA". -- Madness!!!

What is the rate of Yoruba/ibo intermarriage and when (which year) did it start ffs!. These bunch of low self-esteem folks keep proving us right that they indeed do pull off figures from their father's ass and throw it on their mother's face.

Hopefully I would have a spare time off my busy schedule to open a thread to highlight and expose his demonic claims on the Yoruba population. Their Lies are becoming damn too much to condone.

I

grin

He is supposed to be the data crunch defender of igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by unbitchable(m): 5:41am On May 29, 2020
bigfrancis21:

In SW Nigeria today, due to the high rate of inter-tribal marriages, a substantial number of Yorubas have 50% Igbo blood to as high as 75% or 80% Igbo blood (those with Igbo mothers and Igbo paternal grandparents), despite being 'Yoruba by name'. Yoruba by name, Igbo by DNA.

You're sick, unwell and insane.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Obamaofusa: 5:43am On May 29, 2020
pazienza:

It happened.

But they were quickly replaced. We have many traditional laws that allow such quick replacements.
For example, women were usually allowed to be married by fellow women on behalf of the umunna, and the married woman would be impregnated by male members of the umunna on turn by turn basis.
Then she gives birth to lots of children who would be assumed to be children of the deceased male members of the umunna.

This is just only one of the methods we use. There are many more. cool

You mean there are a lot of bastards among the Igbos than we can ever imagined.There is still the case of factory babies o.
I don't want to believe that you are happy to be churning out bastards in millions and calling it your culture.
Just say you made a mistake saying this shocked

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Obamaofusa: 5:45am On May 29, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Igbo influence lingers in more subtle ways, especially linguistically, down to the Pidgin English (imported from the Caribbean) that we speak in Nigeria! Una (from Igbo 'unu'), 'dey' (from Igbo 'di' i.e Chi di/God dey), tee (from Igbo 'tee' ie o teela/e don tee) etc all come from Igbo language. The Jamaicans still say 'unu', not even 'una'! Igbo 'unu (una, wuna, uno, unnu, wunu) is used virtually across all English-based patois in the whole world, from Nigerian PE, Sierra Leone PE, Ghanaian PE, in Belize patois, Jamaica, Guyana etc. You name it.

An Island here in the US is called 'Ebos landing' and up until the 1980s, some African Americans still bore 'Ebo' as their surname! Due to the high concentration of Igbo slaves in the state of Virginia, US, VA was nickamed, 'new eboeland' and in this regard did the state, not Igbos, decide to build an Igbo village in Staunton VA in recognition of the past heavy Igbo presence.

Yoruba Ifa which originally was practiced by Yoruba slaves was embraced by descendants from other tribes (even till this day) as a way of connecting to Mama Africa/their African heritage and has transformed into a religion for afro-descended blacks but it does not mean that all adherents are Yorubas or have Yoruba ancestry. A substantial number aren't Yorubas by blood and their DNA admixture test will prove this. Brazilian and Cuban blacks are a good mix of Congolese, Angolese and European genes. Some Igbo as well. Roman Catholicism originated from Rome and spread worldwide to have hundreds of millions of adherents. A good number of Igbos today are Roman Catholics but they are not Romans. Also, in Judaism, you could be a Jew either by religious conversion or by having Jewish (esp maternal) ancestry. However, only those of true Jewish genetic ancestry are regarded as Jews.

When many afro-descendants start to investigate into their African ancestry, they often encounter Yoruba Ifa first but I've seen many of them join and leave the religion, especially after DNA testing indicates non-Yoruba origins. I belong to several Afro-descended DNA testing groups on Facebook and an overwhelming number of results come up with Igbo DNA (some as high as 70% Igbo) and Yoruba comes up once in a while (again, confirming the number breakdown posted previously). Do not confuse all Ifa adherents in Brazil and Cuba as Yorubas, because, genetically, they are not. A good number have Congolese and Angolan DNA in them.

It is very easy to make emotional-based claims but DNA testing results have consistently shown a different story.

lol

You like good things sha. grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by AmuDimpka: 6:03am On May 29, 2020
pazienza:

There are no indigenous Yorubas in Togo.
The Yorubas in Benin wouldn't have made up the deficit Yorubas had against Igbos in that census in 1952.
true

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by AmuDimpka: 6:04am On May 29, 2020
unbitchable:

* Ridiculously gloating over a DNA testing that has returned their Jewish ancestry they love to postulate a null and void. They seem to be getting bloated by the African American DNA testing. There will be no cure for fools!

*More worryingly, his last paragraph which was replete with spurious and false claims such that I wish I had him on chokehold. Yoruba have a significant number of 50% ibo blood to as high as 75-80% Igbo blood/DNA. -- Madness!!!

True even Davido said it...that his grandma was an Igbo ! Then he has gone back to his roots which is Chioma....Igbo have a way of subtle....

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by AmuDimpka: 6:06am On May 29, 2020
Obamaofusa:

You mean there are a lot of bastards among the Igbos than we can ever imagined.There is still the case of factory babies o.
I don't want to believe that you are happy to be churning out bastards in millions and calling it your culture.

Funny enough there is no bastard in Igbo culture....there is no word for bastard in Igbo land or even prostitute! What we call prostitute is Ashawo which is borrowed from SW and Akwunakwuna which is also borrowed

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by 24SEVEN: 6:15am On May 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
they are clowns. They think population is an achievement even if it's a fake figure.

Their entire region is like one south west state (Oyo).

also the entire Southwest region is as big as one North East state (Niger state).

Anyone who believes Ijaws are more than 4million should have their head examined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:27am On May 29, 2020
Ibo and their useless craze for unnecessary propaganda. They are always quoting outlandish figures to console themselves needlessly.
Ibos are native only to nigeria and nowhere else in the world but hausa and yoruba are indigenous to many countries.
Only a lunatic will ascribe 45 million to ibos in population.

Hug a transformer if you like, i give no damn.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Justiceleague1: 6:27am On May 29, 2020
Michael004:
Did your beloved Tofa won?

That is how you people will be claiming most travel, you are everywhere. Whereas, The only Africa man living in the coldest part of Russia is a Yoruba man. I will create a thread on that tomorrow.

To hell with you, Hausa mallam.
You are doing a very good job pitching the yorubas against the Igbos,keep on trying.

But you must know that God hates people like you.

Mallam
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by 24SEVEN: 6:29am On May 29, 2020
Michael004:
Sure na, igbos are just 34million in population and are only found in Nigeria.

I find it difficult to wrap my head around comments like 'only found in Nigeria'. Nigeria for goodness sake is by far the most populated country on the continent.

Imagine saying an ethnic group isn't large because they are only found in India. or maybe only found in China.

Rivers State is approximately 7million people and is more populated than Togo which has 6.1million people.

What %tage of Togolese is Yoruba. i.e what fraction of 6.1million Togolese is Yoruba. maybe 20000 people is the reason we won't hear word.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 6:36am On May 29, 2020
bigfrancis21:

The country recognizes Igbo as one of their languages. According to the 1994 census of EG (I know Wikipedia should not be used here, I also provided you a snapshot of the webpage where this data was pulled from), you could see that the Igbo were the 3rd largest group in EG. In Igboland, EG is called 'panya' and in the 20th century, thousands of Igbos relocated to EG in search of economic opportunities (similar to the Yoruba group that left Nigeria to settle in Togo many decades before) and they have long naturalized there.
Check the screenshot you posted and tell me how igbos are the third largest group in EG
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Justiceleague1: 6:37am On May 29, 2020
BlakKluKluxKlan:
Ibo and their useless craze for unnecessary propaganda. They are always quoting outlandish figures to console themselves needlessly.
Ibos are native only to nigeria and nowhere else in the world but hausa and yoruba are indigenous to many countries.

24SEVEN:

also the entire Southwest region is as big as one North East state (Niger state).

Anyone who believes Ijaws are more than 4million should have their head examined.
Obamaofusa:

unbitchable:

*More worryingly, his last paragraph which was replete with spurious and false claims such that I wish I had him on chokehold. Yoruba have a significant number of 50% ibo blood to as high as 75-80% Igbo blood/DNA. -- Madness!!!

they say they have the population and land size,of what use has it been to themselves or to mankind?
Size that's just big for nothing..as big as they claim to be especially the north,their survival still depends on the so called minority Niger Delta. What a shame! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Iamgrey5(m): 6:45am On May 29, 2020
24SEVEN:

I find it difficult to wrap my head around comments like 'only found in Nigeria'. Nigeria for goodness sake is by far the most populated country on the continent.

Imagine saying an ethnic group isn't large because they are only found in India. or maybe only found in China.

Rivers State is approximately 7million people and is more populated than Togo which has 6.1million people.

What %tage of Togolese is Yoruba. i.e what fraction of 6.1million Togolese is Yoruba. maybe 20000 people is the reason we won't hear word.
Togos population is 7.8 million with Yoruba being 300,000 5.8%

Yoruba are also 12 % in Benin republic which is close to 2 million.

Google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Iamgrey5(m): 6:50am On May 29, 2020
24SEVEN:

The difference between Southwest and Niger state is more than the half of Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by 24SEVEN: 6:55am On May 29, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Togos population is 7.8 million with Yoruba being 300,000 5.8%

Yoruba are also 12 % in Benin republic which is close to 2 million.

Google is your friend

So in all, 2.3 million Yorubas indegenous outside Nigeria is the reason why Yoruba should be the largest ethnic group in Nigeria or what?

You still didn't get my point did you. I am telling you that an ethnic group being only native to Nigeria doesn't prevent the ethnic group from being largely populated.

Hausa can be spread round the whole countries in West Africa or even round the whole Africa it doesn't make it larger than Mandarin spoken in only China.

So having a larger spread doesn't automatically make it the most populated.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 6:55am On May 29, 2020
pazienza:

Lol! I'm an Igbo nationalist. I never claimed to be detribalized or any thing like that.
Only fools are detribalized. A man must show allegiance to his Umunna.
I am not on NL to gather any useless rating from invisible persons. I'm here to project and protect Igbo interests. Nothing more and nothing less.

Your character is reminiscent of shadowy groups.
Nothing here concerns Calabar, but you are here convulsing since hours now? What's the proof you are not an Afonja?

You really have enough time replying the senatordave1.

He thinks everyone here has his time for petty writings...

Anyway you replied him well and inorder.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 7:00am On May 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Funny enough there is no bastard in Igbo culture....there is no word for bastard in Igbo land or even prostitute! What we call prostitute is Ashawo which is borrowed from SW and Akwunakwuna which is also borrowed
You are right, just as there are no poor man in igbo land or there are not child that beat his father because of money for food grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by justified007: 7:01am On May 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

The fact that you culture accept illegitimate children does not make them legitimate. Giving birth to illegitimate children is acceptable in your culture.

They are still bastards

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Nobody: 7:01am On May 29, 2020
Obamaofusa:
lol
Are you in 1952? Civil war
The statistics Is In order. You can produce your Lagos-Ibadan express news own..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 7:02am On May 29, 2020
Justiceleague1:

To hell with you, Hausa mallam.
You are doing a very good job pitching the yorubas against the Igbos,keep on trying.

But you must know that God hates people like you.

Mallam
Eyah, see God second in command. Seems it hurts you so bad that I am about to expose una lies once again.
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by 24SEVEN: 7:03am On May 29, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The difference between Southwest and Niger state is more than the half of Anambra state.

I don't understand why people find it difficult to understand simple logic. Population isn't always a function of land area.

Saying SEast is only as large as Oyo is same as saying Niger state is also as large as SWest. making such statement with regards to population figures is an aberration cos in all, the landmass is not the issue on hand because if it were, Niger state will have almost same Population as SWest.

Oyo singularly does not have Igbolands population so why the comparison?

9 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Lajet: 7:03am On May 29, 2020
The list is correct expect Ijaw the ijaw i know can't be more 3 million in population.
Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by justified007: 7:05am On May 29, 2020
BlakKluKluxKlan:

These guys will just sit down somewhere and manufacture lies and will be doing everything possible to rewrite the history. The population of Yoruba's in kwara state alone is more than all the ibos in Lagos and kano state.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by AhoadaRivers: 7:06am On May 29, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Stop lying.Yorubas are the only people you can find anywhere in the world even the coldest part of the world that an Igbo will nevert have the balls to go.

You and I both know you are deceiving yourself.

There is a saying in Nigeria that 'anywhere there is no Ibo man, run away from there.'

I'm sure you have heard it severally but still fool yourself with your utopian deceit.. grin

7 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 7:14am On May 29, 2020
24SEVEN:

Save your rant.

You shout Equatorial Guinea. Which has only 1.3milling in population. And you people are only 33,500 as it 2015.

To the bolded above, you are just ignorant fellow. You use maybe, which means you don't even know, despite internet

Well I can tell you that as at 2014, Yorubas in Togo are 304,000
In Ghana 469,000 as at 2017.
In Benin, yorubas are more than 1.7million

While in Ivory Coast, as at 2014, Yorubas are like 120,000.

Compare that your population in any other African countries. Don't let us go outside Africa yet.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 by Michael004: 7:16am On May 29, 2020
24SEVEN:

So in all, 2.3 million Yorubas indegenous outside Nigeria is the reason why Yoruba should be the largest ethnic group in Nigeria or what?

You still didn't get my point did you. I am telling you that an ethnic group being only native to Nigeria doesn't prevent the ethnic group from being largely populated.

Hausa can be spread round the whole countries in West Africa or even round the whole Africa it doesn't make it larger than Mandarin spoken in only China.

So having a larger spread doesn't automatically make it the most populated.
How may of you igbos are outside. Be bold enough to say it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

ICC Acknowledges Akintoye, Igboho’s Petition Against Buhari / President Bola Tinubu Has Arrived Lagos For The Eid el Fitr Holidays / General Victor Ezugwu Visits Soldiers In Sambisa Forest. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.