Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech (31493 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 1:04am On Jan 29, 2011
tooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooot for ya
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by kabukabu50(m): 1:23am On Jan 29, 2011
darkman200:

How about putting up a youtube link to you mom speaking engagement and let the folks here rate her performance, Lets see how she fares against Patience Jonathan since according to you she got it all, I dare you! And of course proof that she is your mom, lol

Absolutely not,I have nothing to prove to you,Patience Jonathan barely graduated high school,and it shows.If that performance was inspiring to you,you need to spend more time in an adult learning center,rather than idolizing babbling,semi literate politicians.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by darkman200: 1:45am On Jan 29, 2011
kabukabu50:

Absolutely not,I have nothing to prove to you,Patience Jonathan barely graduated high school,and it shows.If that performance was inspiring to you,you need to spend more time in an adult learning center,rather than idolizing babbling,semi literate politicians.

i am not idolizing her but at the same time i am not disparaging her. it is what it is, First Lady does not have a good command of the english language and so what? I will worry more about pressing problems being fixed in the country instead of assuming that the rest of the world will respect us as a nation simply because your First Lady gives a perfect rendition of the Queen's english, How old are you ?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by helphelp: 2:12am On Jan 29, 2011
Or was it my ears, ! No it's her tongue jor, !
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 2:29am On Jan 29, 2011
kabukabu50:

Absolutely not,I have nothing to prove to you,Patience Jonathan barely graduated high school,and it shows.
if you know she barely graduated high school why compare her with your mum? and do you think it is easy for one to start learning certain things at old age? all i know is she is improving.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 2:39am On Jan 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

tooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooot for ya

The hotter the better

Itz not as if you have two heads
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 2:42am On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

The hotter the better

Itz not as if you have two heads
no but i have two legs wink
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 2:45am On Jan 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

no but i have two legs wink

So post your pic for us to see?

I need it to make up my mind on your hit-ability?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by lastpage: 2:49am On Jan 29, 2011
GEJ loves his wife, as rudimentary as she is, chikenna!

Now imagine, if it was YOU (one of the women spewing trash about the woman) that was in her shoes, would you suddenly become a Masters degree holder over-night?
Instead of you "fakers" to support your husband so hat he can achieve what GEJ has achieved (with the support of his "local wife"wink, you are here ranting and raving about how good your "Engrish" was
Monkey no-fine, im Mama like am

Some of you should "present your husband here" for public appraisal, the way you're judging this woman.
That's the gauntlet l have thrown to you.

If she has been wasting her time away trying to be what she is not, or fighting some non-existent, "women superiority battle" in her home, she wont be the first lady today (or are you first lady? Upon all your grammar and l-sabi grin )

I guess some of you will even imply GEJ needs a "sophisticated first lady" for public functions but when your own husband moots he will marry a second wife, you will blow your complete set of fuse grin grin grin

And to think she was out, reading to "support women's cause"!

Mtcheeew

Just watch "madam" brush up with a breeze tongue
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 2:50am On Jan 29, 2011
sorry i cant find my usb cord bad luck tongue
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 2:53am On Jan 29, 2011
^^^

You are lying?

Anyway, are you on facebook?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by dasa: 2:55am On Jan 29, 2011
All those criticisng her are mad. Is english your mother tongue? did you not understand what she said. so because she reads slowly, that means she isnt a complete person. besides is she the president? No. what have all the fluent readers done for Nigeria? nothing. stop being childish and let her be.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 2:57am On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

So post your pic for us to see?
plz stop using the word us. you are the only one who is dieing to see my pic leave the rest out of this
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by isalegan2: 2:58am On Jan 29, 2011
Princek12:

She read the speech like she knew not what it meant. Put simply, she read the speech piecemeal, making little or no sense to her and the listeners. That is what you call village politics. Advice to men: if you aspire to be politician or public servant, please choose your wives wisely.

Really?  If that's your mentality, good luck finding a woman who'll love you for you, instead of what (she thinks) you can do for her.  

I'm just saying.  lipsrsealed smiley
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 2:58am On Jan 29, 2011
I am speaking for all the straight guys on this forum?

We demand you post your pic
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 2:59am On Jan 29, 2011
yeah i'n on fb but you ain't gonna see ma pics there either
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 2:59am On Jan 29, 2011
isale_gan2:

Really?  If that's your mentality, good luck finding a woman who'll love you for you, instead of what (she thinks) you can do for her.  

I'm just saying.  lipsrsealed smiley

HAhahahaha

Isale, did that get under your skin?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by olaolabiy: 3:04am On Jan 29, 2011
I just don't get it.

She did well, IMO. Not bad, at all.

Abeg, free the woman jor.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 29, 2011
none of us would care about her ability to speak english or her level of literacy if she did not insist on public speaking.

it seems to be too much for these defenders of patience to get into their tiny heads.

and the heads are indeed tiny if there are imbeciles who would have us believe wole soyinka does not speak fluent english. smh
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

I am speaking for all the straight guys on this forum?

We demand you post your pic

yup yup

@post,
first things first, a first lady should do much much better, but
this is the first time i'm actually listening to any of Dame Patience's fabled speeches. and i'm pretty shocked, it aint that bad at all. practically all her tenses were correct,
that means she can read, folks.
her problem is basically pacing, delivery, and The Accent
many rookie public speakers have the wrong pacing
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Jenifa1: 3:26am On Jan 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

I just don't get it.
She did well, IMO. Not bad, at all.
Abeg, free the woman jor.

true

BoboYekini:

this is the first time i'm actually listening to any of Dame Patience's fabled speeches. and i'm pretty shocked, it aint that bad at all. practically all her tenses were correct,

exactly.

I really don't know what all the noise is about either.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Jen33(m): 3:55am On Jan 29, 2011
I've no idea why some people are attacking this woman for her speech. She sounds like a very homely, down to earth Nigerian mother. I found her posture quite appealing. Her reading and diction were fine. Absolutely nothing worthy of a fuss.

Some people here really have issues! undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by amazonia(m): 4:32am On Jan 29, 2011
We are moving on up. She is at the least, an improvement over Turial.
Her predecessor.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 4:50am On Jan 29, 2011
BoboYekini:

yup yup

@post,
first things first, a first lady should do much much better, but

Thank you jare! The woman might not speak to please those with pretentious tastes, but it hasn't stopped her from seeing an opportunity to help women and children with the advantage of her closeness to the President. It is very telling that all of her critics totally lost focus on the content of her speech and decided to score airy details instead; this trait is alarmingly common in Nigeria, even more so when these arguments are propagated by some of our youth. The country is in danger of producing yet another wasted generation of cheap minds.

All that glitters is not gold;
Often have you heard that told:
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold:
Gilded tombs do worms enfold.

-W. Shakespeare

This topic is a very thinly veiled below the belt blow by those who hate GEJ for one reason or the other, that is why the pages are littered with words from Patiences critics like; sycophant, Okrika, Ijaw, ethnic minority, and phrases like, "i am ashamed to be from the same tribe as you" etc.

What should really catch our attention is the content of the speech and if there is any traction behind her words. How her words affect her target audience, women and kids, if indeed she can become their champion; substance, not airy detail.

I wonder if those who have given examples with their own mothers and wives realise that the likes of Wangari Maathai have achieved much more than the women they have wheeled out ever will, she is Africa's first female Nobel Laureate even with her English not being of the "stellar" quality that tickles their enslaved colonial mentalities:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2004/maathai-lecture.html

There are more than enough videos of Wangari Maathai on the net for our pretentious clan of dimwits to smirk at:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ie7&q=maathi&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSEA_en&redir_esc=&ei=TohDTdGNNZS1hAeXtcD1AQ#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7TSEA_en&tbs=vid:1&&sa=X&ei=Y4lDTaj3HYO3hQfB--yJAg&ved=0CDMQvwUoAQ&q=wangari+maathai&spell=1&fp=e89c9c36dbab50c2

[flash=640,510]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA0qGlnc-30?version=3[/flash]
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ekubear1: 5:01am On Jan 29, 2011
^-- So if we are ashamed that a grown-@ss woman, the wife of the president can barely speak English, we are:

A) Racist against Ijaw
B) Uncle Toms
C) Possibly anti-woman, as well?

Jesu Kristi, please save me from this Nigeria. A country where me asking for my leaders to be able to speak English better than I can speak Spanish is a sin  undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 5:07am On Jan 29, 2011
^
You can draw your own conclusions, nobody can "know" you better than yourself. Society observes.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ekubear1: 5:13am On Jan 29, 2011
Beaf, I don't hate GEJ, and if I could I'd probably cast my vote for him over the alternatives.

But supporting GEJ doesn't mean that everything he and his family does is absolutely perfect. Seems a bit odd to me that you support him without question.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 5:20am On Jan 29, 2011
This clip from Fela sums it up for all anti-Patience critics, especially Oyb, DK and their fellow one-way goons:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usnznJZ0XvA?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ziccoit: 7:50am On Jan 29, 2011
Most people saw this lapse in her from the beginning but didn't vomit a word out of respect for her assumed "Messiah" in husband. The moment the respect evaporated under the heat of gross blunders, incompetence and lack of direction being displayed by her husband, people already pregnant with words start to throw stones.

Just go register and vote your conscience. If the outcome is finally against your wish, you would certainly be contented not to have helped enthrone another OBJ (OBJ fourth term)
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2011
let no one try to give us any crap about the goodness of dame patience and her "seeing an opportunity to help women and children with the advantage of her closeness to the President"

i understand that some people have no problem with having rice thrown at them like farm animals

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-522694.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-523294.0.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/328007_collapsed_woman_jpgd36f449992eccbe8f02ed454f6dfbe44

thats is our presidents wife behaving like some wife of a feudal lord

rankaya dede you scum, take this rice. ad don't kill yourselves as you scramble for it like rats

and some disgraceful idiots we are forced to share this forum with call that public service

the woman is a disgrace to nd women and will colour the world's perceptions of the nd for years to come. its sad that this is the what obj could have pushed to succeed him.

a weakling and a market woman sad sad sad

can someone tell us if our noble laureates spit out unforgivable gaffes like 'johnatan is a quiet people'.

the  really shameful thing is that these are the same hypocrites that talk about illiterate almajirirs holding nigeria down

the 'housewife' should find her way back to the kitchen, since she has repeatedly demonstrated she has no place on a podium.

as to any bs about good works through her husband - most of us have refrained from pointing out to team fresh air that the office of the first lady is unconstitutioanal

bunch of bloody whiners

better shuttle her out of the country until after the elections are over
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-409465.0.html

perhaps because patience is not from the much maligned almajiri tribe, everyone should shut up when she blunders  cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-490688.32.html

I was thorougly embarrassed after watching that Turai video. It says all you need to know about Nigeria.

I have said it before and I will repeat it:

NO MORE FEDERAL CHARACTER. NO MORE QUOTA SYSTEM. NO MORE ZONING.

If you want Nigeria to remain one those things MUST GO!. Else start planning to go your own way. I don't see Ndigbo continuing in this mess.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 29, 2011
this is not the first thread on our first lady and her atriocious use of english

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-490688.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-532993.0.html

first ladies are lampooned or cheered throughout the media for diffeent things

imelda marcos for her shoes
hillary for her wonkiness
jackie kennedy for her poise
that camerronian woman for her hair

if gejs handlers don't do what they should have done some 8 years ago, patience will soon be known across the world for her bad english. its obvious our commander in chief is henpecked where his wife is concerned - all we need is the much touted obama visit, an then we will have patience going all out with a gaffe that will go viral .

maybe then these colonial mentality hypocrites will understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Fani Kayode’s Former Girlfriend Cries Out Over Alleged Threat To Life / Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo / "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.