Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech (31491 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

please do tell, what is our constitution written in? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I dont care

There is a Spanish version on the US constitution, does that make Spanish US official language?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by playboy19(m): 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2011
@ Rhino

Chinese people doesnt have to understand English because it is not their official language. Plus there are more than 3 billion people speaking Chinese and that's more than 3 quarter of the world's population. If you find a chinese speaking english language, its only a plus to him/her, so say something else my friend.

And it seems most of you guys have forgotten that we are talking about a first lady here. First lady of over 150 million people, is she crazy? her supporters, are you all in sane? My mom could get away with that. She could get away with it being Goodluck Jonathan's wife (if she wants to be Goodluck's wife, let her cook and wait for him in the state house) but she sure can not get away with it being the First lady.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 28, 2011
dude,

if she was a fish wife in some village, she is free to tabon tabon all she wants .

however, she is the first lady of the federal republic of nigeria,

by that alone , she is a representative of nigeria

i have been posting the first lady's speech and it has been going over people's head's

so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_king%27s_speech

the modern politician has to have carriage poise etal. there is no way around this.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

I dont care

There is a Spanish version on the US constitution, does that make Spanish US official language?

Some parts were written in Yoruba, some Igbo and other parts were in Hausa, That explains the whole confusion in the govt house.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2011
playboy19:

@ Rhino

Chinese people doesnt have to understand English because it is not their official language. Plus there are more than 3 billion people speaking Chinese and that's more than 3 quarter of the world's population. If you find a chinese speaking english language, its only a plus to him/her, so say something else my friend.

And it seems most of you guys have forgotten that we are talking about a first lady here. First lady of over 150 million people, is she crazy? her supporters, are you all in sane? My mom could get away with that. She could get away with it being Goodluck Jonathan's wife (if she wants to be Goodluck's wife, let her cook and wait for him in the state house) but she sure can not get away with it being the First lady.

Who was OBJ's first wife

Despite what your delusional state ,may make you think, the office of the First lady is not recognized by the constitution. In that case, i see no difference between your mother and GEJ's wife.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by DonMartin2(m): 6:03pm On Jan 28, 2011
I think the lot of peeps here are suffering from mental jaundice. NO APOLOGIES!
The 'first lady' is not known to the Nigerian constitution. Mrs Patience Jonathan is the wife of the President and so what if she cannot read, write, blind, crippled or carries mouth and body odour?!!!
The constitution does not require any one holding or aspiring to the office to even be married let alone defining what qualifies a woman to be first lady. So stop the lingua franca dust.
If una like, shout till 2015, Patience 'without good English' remains first lady
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2011
playboy19:

@ Rhino

you were going on about a first class

i doubt if the good dame has a first school leaving cert  embarassed embarassed embarassed

[size=18pt]WOULD ANYONE OF THESE GRAND DAME DEFENDERS BE HAPPY IF THEIR KIDS SPOKE OR READ AT HER LEVEL? [/size]
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2011
Beaf:

The brilliant part of the story you told above, is that, we the emarrassments are contributing positively to the country in ways that your conspiracy addled brain cannot fathom.
I read somewhere that belief in conspiracy theories (like fear of the dark, fairies, your own shadow etc) is a sure sign of schizophrenia. You should check it out dude.

what is your definition of a positive contribution? money laundering by any chance?  cos as far as im aware that is the only "contribution" i am aware that "dame" Patience has made to the nigerian political scene to date.

Maybe you can tell us how Patience Jonathan is really an American White woman or something similarly crackpot, crazy and far out; that will be truly entertaining indeed and closer to the madmans tales we know you for. This weather-beaten attempt to be more British than the British is too weak.

Id rather tell you what is staring you in the face ie she is a semi illiterate crook who would not look out of place as a madam of a fresh fish pepper soup joint in a remote Ijaw village, perhaps someone could break it to her slowly that public speaking is not her forte, that way she can save herself and our nation this ongoing embarrassment.

If you aren't in love with Patience Jonathan, why not leave her alone? She is someone elses wife and you should respect that.

Dimwit how many times do i have to explain to you that she is occupying the office of a public official therefore she has now lost any immunity from scrutiny or criticism, she should have thought very carefully about the criticism she would receive the minute she climbed up onto that podium, picked up a microphone and made a fool of herself.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

I dont care

What part is in Spanish? Please it's one thing for people to interpret/translate it in Spanish, but the U.S. DOES NOT have and I repeat DOES NOT have an OFFICIAL version of the U.S. constitution in Spanish, Correct me if am wrong, but I like to see where it is officially. Congress has a website, so please show me a reliable govt source like congress website that has the constitution officially part of it.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

dude,

if she was a fish wife in some village, she is free to tabon tabon all she wants .

however, she is the first lady of the federal republic of nigeria,

by that alone , she is a representative of nigeria

i have been posting the first lady's speech and it has been going over people's head's

so

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_king%27s_speech

the modern politician has to have carriage poise etal. there is no way around this.

Are you drunk?

When did GEJ's wife become a politician?

Well you can call her the first lady, all you want. Did GEJ ever introduce her to you as First lady?

Did OBJ have any First lady?

You guys are just crying foul where there is none.

I see nothing wrong with her speech.

She, from her speech, acted like any other Nigerian woman of her age.

First ladies dont just fall from sky, they are people like you and I?

If your mother can speak like the Queen, good for you. Most of us cannot, and I see nothing wrong with that!

Maybe you should spent more time improving yourself instead of finding faults with someone who can take care of your sorry azz for the rest of your life without shedding a drop of sweat.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Rhino5dm: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2011
wow! So a Nigerian -chinise graduate  with first class is dumb??
What about Nigerian professor of french and liquistics??

Or professor Haballa(professor of mathematics) with very poor understanding of English?

An village Islamic scholar with a  complete memory of acient Arabic?? with no English understanding

Typical village igbo brilliant spare part dealer with a very poor understanding of English?

dayokanu:

What is Chinas official language? If a Chinese first class graduate cant speak his official Language then thats a disgrace

My question is when did speaking/writing good English became yardstick for measuring IQ?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

Are you drunk?

When did GEJ's wife become a politician?

Well you can call her the first lady, all you want. Did GEJ ever introduce her to you as First lady?

Did OBJ have any First lady?

You guys are just crying foul where there is none.

I see nothing wrong with her speech.

She, from her speech, acted like any other Nigerian woman of her age.

First ladies dont just fall from sky, they are people like you and I?

If your mother can speak like the Queen, good for you. Most of us cannot, and I see nothing wrong with that!

Maybe you should spent more time improving yourself instead of finding faults with someone who can take care of your sorry azz for the rest of your life without shedding a drop of sweat.
^^^^

oohh i see, that u pass through the us but it doesnt pass through you. i should have known you are the sort of sycophant that we are so familiar with in nigeria, the type that will eat teh genitals of our illiterate big men because they have stolen our collective money . smh . i am ashamed to be from the same tribe as you embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.

you sound like that 419er on the home page would be your close friend. i'm sure he can take care of your good for nothing sycophant arse without breaking a sweat

Does the word public figure make you feel better

or was the king a politician?

why don't you start posting in yoruba if you're so riled

oh i forgot, there is NO WRITTEN INDIGENOUS NIGERIAN LANGUAGE

our languages are written in the English alphabet (in case that also goes over your head)

keep talking like a dunce - in what capacity is patience giving those speeches or jet setting around the globe? as an ordinary Nigerian citizen?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

you were going on about a first class

i doubt if the good dame has a first school leaving cert  embarassed embarassed embarassed

[size=18pt]WOULD ANYONE OF THESE GRAND DAME DEFENDERS BE HAPPY IF THEIR KIDS SPOKE OR READ AT HER LEVEL? [/size]

I really dont get your point

Life happens

If I had my way, i'd want my child to be GOD, but that aint happen

If I gave birth to a child with cerebral palsy and she reads at a worse level than Patience, would you advise me to kill such child.

I just dont understand you.

So she should keep quiet, stay in a corner and wait for her death just because she couldnt speak like the Queen?  Your level reasoning is worrisome
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by playboy19(m): 6:13pm On Jan 28, 2011
Who is talking about her constitutional right? We are talking about what she represent here. If you think it is not important, then why were you all crying over Tu-fuce's babies issue while Tu-face is even a no-man to this your patience woman.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

^^^^

Does public figure make you feel better

our languages are written in the English alphabet (in case that also goes over your head)

The modern English alphabet is a Latin-based alphabet consisting of 26 letters– the same letters that are found in the Basic modern Latin alphabet

You better keep quiet before you embarrass yourself even further

Take your own advice, stop typing since you did not even know that  English language was first written in the Anglo-Saxon futhorc runic alphabet

The alphabet you type in has its origin in Latin, not English

Will you stop criticizing Patience and go learn something about your so called "English Alphabet." You can start from here, buddy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_alphabet
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ridgeman: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
Really couldn't find anything wrong with her speech- yes it was slow, slurred etc but nothing fundamentally wrong,

I'm just glad that she at least is willing to be seen and heard in public, unlike some other first ladies (in Africa),

she'll do just fine with some elocution and delivery classes,
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by playboy19(m): 6:22pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

The modern English alphabet is a Latin-based alphabet consisting of 26 letters– the same letters that are found in the Basic modern Latin alphabet

Take your own advice, stop typing since you did not even know that  English language was first written in the Anglo-Saxon futhorc runic alphabet

The alphabet you type in has its origin in Latin, not English

Will you stop criticizing Patience and go learn your something about your so called "English Alphabet." You can start from here, buddy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_alphabet

So you know all this and you are still on Patience Jonathan's team to teach her English language?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

^^^^

oohh i see, that u pass through the us but it doesnt pass through you. i should have known you are the sort of sycophant that we are so familiar with in nigeria, the type that will eat teh focal places of our illiterate big men because they have stolen our collective money . smh . i am ashamed to be from the same tribe as you  

What tribe are you from?

I am not sure what tribe I belong to, may be you should enlighten me more.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

The alphabet you type in has its origin in Latin.

i have no problem with typing , writing or speaking in english.

you are the hypocriite making ridiculous excuses for ILLITERACY and blathering about official languages and making ridculous wikipedia quotes to hide your stupidity

amazing that someone who is schooling abroad is defending illiteracy in public figures who shoule be role models

oh i forgot

unearned wealth is more your style. are you sure you aren't related to one of our thieving minerals= coke and fanta senators?  cheesy cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Rhino5dm: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2011
so in your mind she should glue her mouth?? what if she has a laudable programme to help the poor and Children??

Dude drop that line. you are loosing it.

what crime has she committed?? where in our constitution does it said that the wife of the president must fluent in English??

dude! would you be crying if patience was to be a white  french lady??

oyb:

^^^^

Does public figure make you feel better

Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by playboy19(m): 6:28pm On Jan 28, 2011
French is an official language. Think before you talk.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

so in your mind she should glue her mouth?? what if she has a laudable programme to help the poor and Children??

Dude drop that line. you are loosing it.

what crime has she committed?? where in our constitution does it said that the wife of the president must fluent in English??

dude! would you be crying if patience was to be a white  french lady??

i no fit laugh.

no wonder we are backward.

our first lady is a functional illiterate WITH SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO BETTER HERSELF

second lady bayelsa 1st lady bayelsa, 2nd lady nigeria, 1st lady, nigeria  and you are making empty excuses

our president has been blathering about reading culture in the youth, publishing books of facebook quotes.

perhaps someone should tell him that charity begins at home.  embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Rhino5dm: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2011
You dont just get it. patience Jonathan is fron okirika and the wife of Nigerian president. period!

How does her poor English determines her efficiency in either bedmating or supporting her husband??

playboy19:

French is an official language. Think before you talk.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:33pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

i have no problem with typing , writing or speaking in english.

you are the hypocriite making ridiculous excuses for ILLITERACY and blathering about official languages and making ridculous wikipedia quotes to hide your stupidity

amazing that someone who is schooling abroad is defending [b]illiteracy [/b]in public figures who shoule be role models

oh i forgot

unearned wealth is more your style. are you sure you aren't related to one of our thieving minerals= coke and fanta senators?  cheesy cheesy

Are you calling her[b] illiterate[/b] again?

Look seriously, what is your problem?

How is she an illiterate, please explain.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

You dont just get it. patience Jonathan is fron okirika and the wife of Nigerian president. period!

How does her poor English determines her efficiency in either bedmating or supporting her husband??

we do get it

she should stop speaking in public, since she cannot speak presentable english.

is that too much for you to understand?

is it by force to showcase your illiteracy?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

Are you calling her[b] illiterate[/b] again?

Look seriously, what is your problem?

How is she an illiterate, please explain.

have you missed the way to Wikipedia?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

I really dont get your point

Life happens

If I had my way, i'd want my child to be GOD, but that aint happen

If I gave birth to a child with cerebral palsy and she reads at a worse level than Patience, would you advise me to kill such child.

I just dont understand you.

So she should keep quiet, stay in a corner and wait for her death just because she couldnt speak like the Queen?  Your level reasoning is worrisome

Please, a child with Cerebral Palsy has a disability and that child would not perform at an average of a child who is healthy. Same rule applies, Mrs. Jonathan doesn’t have Cerebral Palsy, she isn’t disabled nor has a disability that has affected her ability to read or write, so such exception does not apply to her.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:38pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

we do get it

She has the right to live her life however she deems it fit

She , like the rest of us, has the right to do whatsoever that makes her HAPPY.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 28, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_illiteracy

Functional illiteracy is a term used to describe reading and writing skills that are inadequate "to manage daily living and employment tasks that require reading skills beyond a basic level."[1] Functional illiteracy is contrasted with illiteracy in the strict sense, meaning the inability to read or write simple sentences in any language.

this does sound like our grande dame  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

turai was a judge

oya can any of these defenders tell us if patience has any form of educational qualification?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Rhino5dm: 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2011
Was your problem personal?? For crying out loud!! she is just the wife of the president.

Is English language a criteria in selecting intimacy mate??

oyb:

i no fit laugh.

our first lady is a functional illiterate WITH SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO BETTER HERSELF

second lady bayelsa 1st lady bayelsa, 2nd lady nigeria, 1st lady, nigeria  and you are making empty excuses

our president has been blathering about reading culture in the youth, publishing books of facebook quotes.

oyb:

we do get it

when did English language became measure of illiteracy or not??
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
fstranger1:

She has the right to live her life however she deems it fit

She , like the rest of us, has the right to do whatsoever that makes her HAPPY.

absolute bollocks. that sort of thinking is responsible for so much of the misery in the world.  i'm sure all those who have looted our country blind were very happy when they did so.

we should allow her to make fools of nigerians because it makes her happy?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 6:43pm On Jan 28, 2011
oyb:

i no fit laugh.

exactly - a nation of people with zero standards and expectations of their public officials - no wonder their leaders treat them  with utter  contempt and disgust, hopeless sycophants.

Despite Patience Jonathan's obvious difficulty with reading and speaking english fluently she doesnt seem to have any problems when it comes to counting, im sure she didnt need any assistance when she was dipping her grubby paws into bayelsa state govt house's coffers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Chris Ubah To Peter Obi: Apologise In One Week On 5 Newspapers Or I Expose You / House Of Reps Supplementary Election: Winners As Announced By INEC / Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, Ovie Omo-Agege Meet After Yesterday's Victory (Video, Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.