Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George (45821 Views)

APC GAC Reconciles Sanwo-Olu, Obasa After Appointment Dispute / Oluremi Tinubu Kneels Down To Greet Muhammad Buhari / Pantami Blocks Buhari From Shaking Oluremi, Tinubu’s Wife - Reno Omokri (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by wiseoneking: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
mrgoodd:
Tinubu is very influential, No one can be like him in Nigeria for now, Akpabio tried and failed, Tinubu influence won Osun election, Now Oshomole want too try his luck, we will know who re the real politicians by 2023 after all Ex-Governors tried to tow Tinubu part.

One man that controls the mind of millions who cannot reason is now esteemed by you. I watched one of the governorship election campaign at Vinning memorial church field where he told the crowd " look at me" he said, like a wizard, he put his hands in his pocket and brought out an handkerchief and wave it to the crowd saying, "you see this I am holding, this is lagos... lagosians. They are in my grip" . Like an old dying owl, he eyed his thousands of mindless crowd of ignorant admirers, lifting it once more, he put it back into his agbada pocket with great glee. I was speechless, from that day, I came to realised that that region is truly bewitched. You better LAMENT FOR A REGION WHERE ONE MAN THINKS FOR THE MAJORITY WITHOUT QUESTIONING. It is a weakness on yours and not strength. You guys got to get balls and not always praising your chicken attitude.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Alaska90(m): 12:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
suco01:

Epe was under ijebu. it was hijacked by Lagos.

grin grin Epe is not under Ijebu but Epe people are Ijebu Yoruba and Epe town was hijacked was made to be part of Lagos State when Lagos state was created.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by KunleyY19(m): 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
wink2015:
This is a BOMBSHELL !

I just learnt that Oluremi Tinubu is from Ogun state.

But the husband and APC national leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is giving the wife Oluremi Tinubu A LAGOS IDENTITY.

Making the unsuspecting Lagosian indigene to have the notion that she is from Lagos state.

What about citizenship by marriage?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Topsic70: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Amatarasha:
My mum hates tinubu & mc oluomo with passion, n she tried so much to speak about d slavery n deceit of tinubu ,as we speak she based in owerri teaching hospital ,u won't know she is Yoruba self
So dt wan na news ba?
Anyone from dt side wey nor get hate and bitterness 4 him DNA na 'away match' pikin.
U ursef see say there's no diff BTW u and ya mama, so u r a legitimate pikin of ya papa!

As d saying goes, "a fruit falls not far from d tree"
cool

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by KunleyY19(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2020
wiseoneking:

One man that controls the mind of millions who cannot reason is now esteemed by you. I watched one of the governorship election campaign at Vinning memorial church field where he told the crowd " look at me" he said, like a wizard, he put his hands in his pocket and brought out an handkerchief and wave it to the crowd saying, "you see this I am holding, this is lagos... lagosians. They are in my grip" . Like an old dying owl, he eyed his thousands of mindless crowd of ignorant admirers, lifting it once more, he put it back into his agbada pocket with great glee. I was speechless, from that day, I came to realised that that region is truly bewitched. You better LAMENT FOR A REGION WHERE ONE MAN THINKS FOR THE MAJORITY WITHOUT QUESTIONING. It is a weakness on yours and not strength. You guys got to get balls and not always praising your chicken attitude.

Is he thinking well or not?

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
ykalhaji:

Yes, let us be one in your own father's and Motherland. If Yoruba are one why can't we be one with all Nigeria. The Yoruba's from the hinterlands are really the ones taking a piss on the real indegenes of Lagos not Nigerians from the east. Imagine 3 Senators not originally even born in Lagos. What the Bleep

You want to dominate Lagos and you say trash about Lagos being Yorubaland, no bro Lagos is Aworiland and Aworis are cousins to other Omo Odua children from Brazil to, US, UK, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Ife, Ibadan, Ondo, Aniomaland in Delta. But we are 1st and foremost Awori.

Why don't you go and invite a Brazilian or Ghanaian Awori to come and be governor of Lagos then?

We are talking about current state of affairs and deluded mofos be jiving about irrevelant shite from 1876. Do some of you even live real lives?

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by DimIsaac10(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
mrgoodd:
Tinubu is very influential, No one can be like him in Nigeria for now, Akpabio tried and failed, Tinubu influence won Osun election, Now Oshomole want too try his luck, we will know who re the real politicians by 2023 after all Ex-Governors tried to tow Tinubu part.
Akpabio failed because his people are enlightened.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by LoveThemChubby(m): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
NOC1:
Some post are worthless, if they are not Lagosians who are they?
According to history the only people who can claim to be true Lagosians are those from Badagary, who eventually migrated to island with slave traders.
If you are looking for true Lagosian to govern Lagos it might be impossible. But those guys know not any other home except Lagos, they where born and brought up in Lagos.
Can you say the same thing of anyone Hausa man born and raised and who's patents were born in say Enugu? That is even too far: can an anambra man who's last three generations were born and raised in Enugu be allowed to be governor and even hijack all key positions? Let's call a spade a spade please. If the claim is true then something has to be done about it.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by seankim(m): 12:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
SLAP44:
Be there ranting.

MC Oluomo is the next govenor of lagos with Kunle Poly as deputy.
grin grin
What a great combination

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by majamajic(m): 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2020
NOC1:
According to history the only people who can claim to be true Lagosians are those from Badagary, who eventually migrated to island with slave traders.
If you are looking for true Lagosian to govern Lagos it might be impossible. But those guys know not any other home except Lagos, they where born and brought up in Lagos.

That means we all Lagosians
Hahaha
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Alaska90(m): 12:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
ykalhaji:

Ambode is also a foreigner from Ondo State, Tinubu will never let a real son of the soil take over Lagos. He is like the democratic party giving immigrants power to consolidate his own, real son of the soil can get grassroots power without a Godfather, once they have access to Government funds and structure, same thing he did to those that sponsored him in 1999. He doesn't want what he did to others to happen to him.

I don't think it has anything to do with Tinubu.

The real sons of the soil you are talking about are Awori historically and unfortunately they are one of the smallest Yoruba ethnic group in population

And also because Lagos became a business centre which attracted other Yoruba group to Lagos as far back as 1700 to Lagos and they have now out

numbered the first settler so its not possible to have all the positions in Lagos occupied only by Awori

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Babanah: 12:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bode George himself is of Angolan heritage. His ansestors were taken to Brazil from Angola. Later some 'Afro-Brazilians' mainly those from west Africa but including those from Angola decided to return to Africa. They therefore settled in Lagos (Brazilian quarters on the island).
That's why you have some lagosians with foreign or Portuguese names. 'George' being one of them.
I think if you look at Bode George's facial features. They don't look Yoruba or west African to me. Only DNA test could confirm.
Finally, I have been to Salvador Bahia Brazil several times and you can tell those of west African ansestry from these from Southern Africa. Those from southern African usually have premature white curly hair and big round eyes.
My instincts tell me Bode George's ansestors are from Angola or lusophone Southern Africa

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by flokii: 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bode George should keep his mouth shut.. at least these guys he mentioned are Yorubas and not outsiders from across river Niger.

Lagos being the capital city was almost lost to outsiders in PDP, APGA and the likes, but for the political sagacity of Yorubas, it remained a Yoruba State even after capital moved to Abuja.
This explains why Jimi Agbaje with all the sentiments lost all governorship elections he contested. Some people from across the Niger won't remove eye from Eko a Yorubaland cos of old fools like this one who think they are wise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Topsic70: 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
Amatarasha:
My mum hates tinubu & mc oluomo with passion, n she tried so much to speak about d slavery n deceit of tinubu ,as we speak she based in owerri teaching hospital ,u won't know she is Yoruba self
So dt wan na news ba?
Anyone from dt side wey nor get hate and bitterness 4 him DNA na 'away match' pikin.
......so u r a true born, legitimate pikin of ya papa!

As d saying goes, "a fruit falls not far from d tree"

Amatarasha:
Eko 4 now ,but will join my hubby in Siberia, Russia very soon

God will reward all of us for our works. So u and ur generation live in lagos, yet u breed such animosity to ppl who give no rat ass about ur existence?
You leave ur region for sw, flourish and live in peace yet ur generations blv d best way to pay back is to look for their destruction?
I thank KANU sha, e don open many sw eyes to reality.
Things will never be d same!
cool

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
LoveThemChubby:

Can you say the same thing of anyone Hausa man born and raised and who's patents were born in say Enugu? That is even too far: can an anambra man who's last three generations were born and raised in Enugu be allowed to be governor and even hijack all key positions? Let's call a spade a spade please. If the claim is true then something has to be done about it.

There are issues here. I asked questions nobody has answered. Baba Lam Adesina, Oyo State governor from 1999 to 2003 was an Ebira man (Kogi State) whose parents settled in Ibadan. Our generation would not have known this but baba Adedibu brought this history out to fight Ladoja.

I am sympathetic to the cause of Bode George because of Gen Olanrewaju's name which I saw. The Oba of Lagos should call all aggrieved parties and settle the matter amicably. Also, it is not Aworis alone that owns Lagos. From Somolu, Ketu, Ikorodu, Imota, Agbowa up to Mojoda are all Ijebus . Aworis are also in Ogun State.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Mattsilva: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
[quote author=sassysure post=90868723]So the saying that Lagos is no man's land is true then?

What about the obas?
Are they foreigners too?

But it's actually like this in most big cities of the world.

Kano state is mainly occupied and ruled by fulanis.

We have serious fight going on in katsina these days simply because the locals want to reclaim their heritage, has nothing to do with bandits or boko haram. It's fight between Hausa and fulani( the apc led govt don't want people to know there is love lost between Hausa fulani),
Same with other parts of the north except Borno state.

I think the south speaking against fulani is emboldening the Hausa and minority tribes up north.

what exactly are you saying.
nigga!!!
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by DModeCntStopMe: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kriss216:

An elderly Lagos man with grey hair is telling you history of his Town and you're calling it trash.
So, we should listen to indomie generation kid like you from Ogbomoso

grin grin
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Ojiofor: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Throwback:

Above is the classic case of what I have opined several times.

Bode George and his group are protesting against fellow Lagos politicians, but a typical clansman with victim mentality has made the protest a matter of "Igbo envy".

Must these clowns find relevance in every matter that does not concern them, while posing as the victim of the matter?

Please, what is the correlation between the topic and the insecurities of the Igbos?

The clown who is talking about envy might even be a gala hawker who daily retires to his 1room in Ajegunle.

Your elders were wailing that the so called gala hawkers have bought all your ancestral land in Lagos state,they were calling on OBJ,Tieftinubu etc...to come to their rescue after collecting gala money for their lands.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Jostoman: 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kriss216:

So, your mom dey Igboland dey enjoy

How about you? Where are you?
is it true that Tinubu is from osun state?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by AnanseK(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
Imagine a man whose surname is George is talking about who is not from what state.

The name George is not from any state in Nigeria and not even any country in Africa.

Be careful or they will deport you to God knows where..
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Simbrixton(m): 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
wiseoneking:

stalin controlled d minds of russians about 200million people and killed over 20m yet he is a benevolent dictator and loved by millions till date our message to u people has been dsame why not worry about your own region

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by bobosydney: 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
Sammy07:
This guy is saying trash.

Sanwoolu is a confirmed Lagosian.
His family is even popular on the island.

No. Sanwo Olu parents are from Ijebu Mushin. We know are the original Lagosians and settlers.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by SaintBeehot(m): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2020
Alaska90:

How can you come online and just what you don't know about.....which part of Lagos state are you talking about?

Badagry, Ojo awori, isheri olofin, lagos island, isolo etc ?

For your information most part of Lagos state are originally owned by Yoruba Awori not by Yoruba Ijebu in Epe

And know it that there is difference between Lagos State and Lagos same with Ondo state and Ondo town
but do know Lagos is no longer a part of the western region ?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Omoslim26: 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2020
Noel19:

It seems you're suffering from diarrhoea of the mouth. May that Osun thunder located that your maggot infested mouth and uproot all the decayed tooth therein.

And it's as clear as a bell that you have been cursed to be forever stupid and useless for eternity may amadioha destroy the remains of that useless life you are living

useless ljobless lazy hungry good for nothing bastard like you dat has no future at all

continue to do yoruba vs igbo upandan no go find work

hunger go kill nah hunger go kill you Las Las

and if you think you have bad words to throw around bring it on

make I teach you small lesson
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by SaintBeehot(m): 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
suco01:

Epe was under ijebu. it was hijacked by Lagos.
thanks i knew little about that before
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by bobosydney: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
babaolofin:

There are issues here. I asked questions nobody has answered. Baba Lam Adesina, Oyo State governor from 1999 to 2003 was an Ebira man (Kogi State) whose parents settled in Ibadan. Our generation would not have known this but baba Adedibu brought this history out to fight Ladoja.

I am sympathetic to the cause of Bode George because of Gen Olanrewaju's name which I saw. The Oba of Lagos should call all aggrieved parties and settle the matter amicably. Also, it is not Aworis alone that owns Lagos. From Somolu, Ketu, Ikorodu, Imota, Agbowa up to Mojoda are all Ijebus . Aworis are also in Ogun State.

You are right.

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Noel19: 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
Omoslim26:

And it's as clear as a bell that you have been cursed to be forever stupid and useless for eternity may amadioha destroy the remains of that useless life you are living

useless ljobless lazy hungry good for nothing bastard like you dat has no future at all

continue to do yoruba vs igbo upandan no go find work

hunger go kill nah hunger go kill you Las Las

and if you think you have bad words to throw around bring it on

make I teach you small lesson

May the same THUNDER and LIGHTNING that was heard in a village settlement in Osun State when as many as 40 cows belonging to different herders in the village were said to be tethered to posts in the open space where the animals usually stayed STRIKE not just your rotten teeth but also your coconut water infused brain down so that you'll have sense by force.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Adeagbo77: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kriss216:

An elderly Lagos man with grey hair is telling you history of his Town and you're calling it trash.
So, we should listen to indomie generation kid like you from Ogbomoso
Can't an elderly person tell lies, especially for political reason. Please, don't be deceived. A lot of histories are being distorted in Nigeria for selfish reason.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
SaintBeehot:
but do know Lagos is no longer a part of the western region ?

Yes, we know. It is part of the south east !

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by galaxy2020(m): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
NOC1:
...same goes with other tribes born and brought up in Lagos too, invariably, Lagos is no man's land, just like Abuja..... grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Advancedman(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
thesicilian:

What a flawed argument. So anybody whose parents built a house in any state is automatically an indigene of that state?

Not that I myself am a Lagosian by birth, but having lived, worked and paid taxes all these years in Lagos I consider myself a Lagosian except the constitution of the state says otherwise and clearly spells out who is a citizen or not.

Besides it is a well known fact that for almost any place that experiences rapid development, the lines between indigenes and foreigners become blurred over a period of time that you can hardly tell, especially when they bear the same names and speak same language. The last president of America was of African descent and the current one is part German.

The senate have been asked to pass law abolishing state of origin but they refused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Governor Bala Mohammed Stops Convoy To See Pupils Studying Under Tree (Photos) / Wife Of British D.O.in The East Being Carried By Two Able Bodied Men In 1940(pic / Fatima Buhari And Gimba Yau Kumo Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.