Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George (45822 Views)

APC GAC Reconciles Sanwo-Olu, Obasa After Appointment Dispute / Oluremi Tinubu Kneels Down To Greet Muhammad Buhari / Pantami Blocks Buhari From Shaking Oluremi, Tinubu’s Wife - Reno Omokri (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by blakkydikky(m): 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
SaintBeehot:
Lagos belong to people from epe only. Since it as being seperated for the western region, it became a no mans land.
Go and claim it,then.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by amolat: 5:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
Even Bode George is not a Lagos Indigene, he is from Ondo State. He should just close his mouth all of them are usurpers
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Gabkosh: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
osazsky:
the guy said the truth.go back to ur history books kid .u will understand but we are kind loving people so we wouldn't do that
Come and tell me how you own a land you have no boundaries with.

Come and tell me how you fly over ondo and ogun to jump into lagos.

You are peace loving people. No, don't be peace loving, we want you to come and claim it.

Even your Oba no fit talk trash.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Gabkosh: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
blakkydikky:
Go and claim it,then.
Abi
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by blakkydikky(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kriss216:

Lol
Your mother's tribe betrayed their true brother Ambode for a foreigner Sanwo Olu.
You think there's a bigger betrayal than the one you igbo's did to Ojukwu,your true brother and hero when you voted in millions for Obasanjo "a foreigner" in SE and SS to become a President?

5 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Gabkosh: 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
Grayoso:

Igbos are really irritating with their love of fraidulent revisionism and living in the past.

Edos themselves lay no claim to ownership of Lagos yet it is our own Okoro brothers making claims on their behalf.

They do this worldwide also. Always to be found dragging turf with Indigenes be it in Ghana, South Africa or Kenya. Annoying troublemakers
No mind them flat-ties. Today, na edo land, tomorrow, na no man's land. Very foolish people.

5 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by concerned99: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
NGpatriot:

Both born and raised in Lagos state.

Stop spewing ignorant rubbish.

Im not stating that its wrong, because lagos state is a melting pot of many tribes but state of origin is where your family is from. A lot of northerner's, ibo's and even Yoruba's are born in lagos but put the state of origin their family are from. Hamzat's father was a king in ewekoro before he died, so if our deputy governor had interest in being his father's successor will they say he is a lagosian. Most of them used their original state of origin while attending secondary school and university before politics were ever an issue. So all ibo's and other tribes born in lagos are lagosian's and should also have the right to run for governor.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by NGpatriot: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2020
Coldie:

Born and raised in Lagos and them being from Lagos is not the same thing though

The most ignorant rubbish of the day, even his mother is from Iga Egbe in Lagos Island.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by NGpatriot: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
concerned99:

Im not stating that its wrong, because lagos state is a melting pot of many tribes but state of origin is where your family is from. A lot of northerner's, ibo's and even Yoruba's are born in lagos but put the state of origin their family are from. Hamzat's father was a king in ewekoro before he died, so if our deputy governor had interest in being his father's successor will they say he is a lagosian. Most of them used their original state of origin while attending secondary school and university before politics were ever an issue. So all ibo's and other tribes born in lagos are lagosian's and should also have the right to run for governor.

This argument is really baseless and redundant, they don't care where you come from In Lagos so of what relevance is your argument and essay?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by SaintBeehot(m): 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
blakkydikky:
Go and claim it,then.
i'm a Yoruba guy, i've been corrected i was wrong.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
concerned99:

Please who is stopping them?

If Igbos or others want to become Lagos Governor they should simply present a candidate and rely on their political machinery to see them through against Yoruba candidates.

As simple as that. Dont expect any major Party in Lagos to gift an Igbo man their ticket because he is a "Lagosian".

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
SaintBeehot:

You're not Yoruba because no genuine omoluabi will call Lagos No man's land as you did. Lagos is Yorubaland and all Yorubas know and accept this.

Let’s just say if you're Yoruba then you're not the sort of Yoruba I'd want watching my back. No man's land my azz. Why not go further and say it is the turn of Igbos to produce Lagos governor for the sake of 'equity' and all Yorubas should step down for an Igbo candidate in 2023. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by trutht828: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
NOC1:
Some post are worthless, if they are not Lagosians who are they?
According to history the only people who can claim to be true Lagosians are those from Badagary, who eventually migrated to island with slave traders.
If you are looking for true Lagosian to govern Lagos it might be impossible. But those guys know not any other home except Lagos, they where born and brought up in Lagos.

When APC was using this same issue to campaign against Ambode, were you not praising the party?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Coldie(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
NGpatriot:

The most ignorant rubbish of the day, even his mother is from Iga Egbe in Lagos Island.

Understand my point.

If this your point is not ignorant that can u say everyone born and raised in Lagos is from Lagos?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by SaintBeehot(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
Grayoso:

You're not Yoruba because no genuine omoluabi will call Lagos No man's land as you did. Lagos is Yorubaland and all Yorubas know and accept this.

Let’s just say if you're Yoruba then you're not the sort of Yoruba I'd want watching my back. No man's land my azz. Why not go further and say it is the turn of Igbos to produce Lagos governor for the sake of 'equity'. Nonsense.
my thought was that since it was once the FCT it has been Seperated from the western region.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by ykalhaji(m): 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
babaolofin:

The fact that it took you hours to reply showed that you have no answer. Most of you because you were born in yorubaland and can speak Yoruba just use social media to talk thrash and nonsense. Thank God, I came back to see the funny definition you gave the Aworis. A lot of Aworis would have been in suspense waiting for an answer particularly when I mentioned my visit with Baba Oliver Twist to Oba of Isheri Olofin (Ogun State) several years back and when I mentioned that IDEJOs are the traditional owners of Lagos Land from time immemorial till date. I also said the IDEJOs are the grandchildren of Olu-Iwa or OluIwa. You don't know anything. I appeal to high chiefs, I am not on social media for history sir.

Go and sit down. Who are the IDEJOs? Who is their grandfather? Where are the Aworis in Ogun State located. Go and learn the history of Isheri Olofin, the first one is in Ogun State.

Lol... You are funny.
1st responding on your time is none of my concern.

2nd, the topic is about Lagos not Ogun. Yes Isheri is the proginetor of the Awori clan but that has zero to do with today's topic or with representation in Lagos, apart for historical purposes and the name of the town, Isheri isn't even as relevant as the biggest Awori town in Ogun let alone in Lagos. Ota is where majority of Awori's consider our headquarters.

Now please in your post I got confused, what were your actually trying to say or prove ? That you know an "Oliver Twist" so you know something or what ? Your question was who are the Lagos Aworis and I explained to you who we are in the easiest layman's term as possible.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by NGpatriot: 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
Coldie:

Understand my point.

If this your point is not ignorant that can u say everyone born and raised in Lagos is from Lagos?

They are Lagosians and they are free to occupy qualified positions anywhere in Lagos state so of what relevance is your sate of origin narrative?

You don't have any point, stop peddling pointless and irrelevant argument.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Coldie(m): 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
NGpatriot:

They are Lagosians and they are free to occupy qualified positions anywhere in Lagos state so of what relevance is your sate of origin narrative?

You don't have any point, stop peddling pointless and irrelevant argument.
So are u telling me that Nigerians of any state of origin born in Lagos can become Governor?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by goldmatrix(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2020
...I want to come from Lagos but I don't really know which part of Lagos. I think first is to build a house in Lagos then I will be qualified.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by mrchineke: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
Kobicove:
Lagos is now a cosmopolitan city therefore issues of indigeneship should not apply here

Says your yamlegged IGBO father, abi?

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by mrchineke: 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
Abubaushe:

This Bode George again is now suffering from chronic lagosphobia,his father was from Ilesha in osun state and settled in evans street.All persons born in a state or county can claim the pkace accirding to UN.
Be informed

Mumu! Yamlegged Igbo! Come and claim Lagos na! Flat head
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by concerned99: 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Grayoso:

Please who is stopping them?

If Igbos or others want to become Lagos Governor they should simply present a candidate and rely on their political machinery to see them through against Yoruba candidates.

As simple as that. Dont expect any major Party in Lagos to gift an Igbo man their ticket because he is a "Lagosian".

Thank you for being civil and level headed. You just proved to some people out there that not all Yoruba's are bigots like a lot of our brothers from the south east suggest. Now can any other state or tribe allow a Yoruba man that was born in their state who is not an indigene to even try to run for for governor in any party at all.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by NGpatriot: 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
Coldie:

So are u telling me that Nigerians of any state of origin born in Lagos can become Governor?

So, are you telling me that the Nigerian constitution is against that and state of origin is the primary requirement to become the governor of any state in Nigeria?

If my question was rude, yours too was obviously rude because I asked you a simple question same way you asked me a question.

If you don't have an answer, just admit that you have none instead of diversions and distractions with baseless accusations.
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Coldie(m): 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
NGpatriot:

So, are you telling me that the Nigerian constitution is against that and state of origin is the primary requirement to become the governor of any state in Nigeria?
Guy stop sounding rude, I can decide to retaliate the way u are right now and let everything go to the dirt if that's what u want
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by concerned99: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
NGpatriot:

This argument is really baseless and redundant, they don't care where you come from In Lagos so of what relevance is your argument and essay?

Did you see the initial question, you have two eyes then read. The person I sent the message to has given me the perfect answer. Knowledge is power, what is baseless to you can be key to answering other questions. Have a good night OMO ODUA

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by mrchineke: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mmuoojukwu:
This Lagos Yorubas are dragging belongs to Edo people. If the Edos can wake up, they can take their land.

You and your yam-tuber-legged Igbo father can wake up and claim it for them na!

2 Likes

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Noneroone(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Alaska90:

Which fact are you talking about?

That the present Oba of Lagos who is a direct descendant of Oba Ologunkutere (1780 - 1806) who is a child of an Ijesha man ( osun state)

So Lagos state is your tribe land right?
are you the one to teach him his origin?
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Kingspin(m): 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
If only Bola Tinubu had said it.

They will believe and cheer support
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by blakkydikky(m): 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
SaintBeehot:
(hugging you)
Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by Makuos19: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
Grayoso:

Let’s just say if you're Yoruba then you're not the sort of Yoruba I'd want watching my back. No man's land my azz. Why not go further and say it is the turn of Igbos to produce Lagos governor for the sake of 'equity' and all Yorubas should step down for an Igbo candidate in 2023. Nonsense.

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by bizzibodi(m): 10:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
This old man that is supposed to be on self exile,is now wiping up tribal sentiments. Even when I was in primary school in lagos in a class of 30 only 1 pupil was from Lagos.then we hav an igboman as headmaster & teachers.

1 Like

Re: Oluremi Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa Are Not Lagosians - Bode George by calabardick(m): 10:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
we knew this before now, Lagos is a no mans land, very soon it will become biafra republic because hungry yorubas have sold all their properties to igbos

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Governor Bala Mohammed Stops Convoy To See Pupils Studying Under Tree (Photos) / Wife Of British D.O.in The East Being Carried By Two Able Bodied Men In 1940(pic / Fatima Buhari And Gimba Yau Kumo Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.