Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

To All The Yorubas In Jos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All The Yorubas In Jos (6173 Views)

A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. / Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? / GEJ Hates The Yorubas Says This Newspaper Advert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by EzeUche2(m): 1:25am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

Edo or isoko, YES. Urhobo? NO!

Ogini?   shocked
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:26am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

You are such a hypocrite.Now that a yoruba man has come out and said the same thing that we Igbos have been saying all of a sudden he is correct.On the other hand you continued to condemn us for making the same exact remarks.

Bow you are asking for oduduwa republic but just the other day you said NIGERIA WILL STAY TOGETHER, NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE! As soon as you heard about Igbos talking about Biafra. Also, if the yorubas are tribalist like you say, why would they ever completely welcome you into their countries as equals.Do you think they will elect for president someone with the last name Uagbor(an Itsekiri name) over an Adekoye? Please, for the sake of fairness and to kill hypocrisy, speak no more condemnation of Igbos/Ibibios when they talk about wanted to be in Biafra or create there own country.

First of all Chyz, you are talking with emotions here or you did not read my comments.

I said we should be prepared, I did not say we should secede. We should only secede if need be! I really do not want to bring the biafra issue here because Biafra is a totally different case. Did the ijaws or ND say they want to join?? Did the MW say they needed liberation?

. .  . and about the election issue, did I not say it would be a loose confederation and not a totalitarian one?
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:28am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Obviously you never been to Delta State.I seriously doubt you are Itsekiri either. Tell me the difference between an Isoko and Urhobo fundamentally?

No let Beaf catch you ooo!

Yes, I have never been to Delta state but I know what the urhobos are doing to my people. I do not speak for them but I speak for myself!
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Ify27(m): 1:34am On Jan 30, 2011
what if they are yoruba mix with igbo blood do they get to have their own land
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:36am On Jan 30, 2011
Ify27:

Please, do not get me wrong. I am not calling for secession. All I am doing here is to alert them.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Ify27(m): 1:38am On Jan 30, 2011
You can succed if you want to the same thing will happen just like when we tried to succed(biafrans), you just dont get it the people and goverment are not one, you think you are succeding when you are only going against The Nigerian goverment, its allies and all the other white countries, we are just money to them everything revolves around money

its a damn shame we africans are fighting each other while the european countries come and steal our land and OIL!!!!!!!
africa has the richest soil, the most minerals ,gold,diamonds ect, take out your history books, 1st they took ancient egypt where OUR ancestors originally came from, now how many dark faces do you see in egypt, then they took slaves from west africa, brought them to the west indies, broke them down and took them to the americas, now cubans hate puetoricans and igbos hate Yoruba and hausa people and they are so blind with hatred they cant even see that we are all the same people with different ways of life, that is called culture, white people dont have culture that is why they are taking over africa, was nigeria not a colony of britian?? now tell me how can people from another part of the world own your land?? maybe because you were busy fighting each other instead uniting for the cause.

Read this letter to know what they really think about you, they dont care if your igbo, hausa, Yoruba, palestinian, iraqi, african american, native american indian or green, as long as your a people of color no matter where in the world you are they see you as a NIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what the word is negro is spanish for black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/Perspectives_1/Willie_Lynch_letter_The_Making_of_a_Slave.shtml
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 1:39am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

First of all Chyz, you are talking with emotions here or you did not read my comments.

I said we should be prepared, I did not say we should secede. We should only secede if need be! I really do not want to bring the biafra issue here because Biafra is a totally different case. Did the ijaws or ND say they want to join?? Did the MW say they needed liberation?

. .  . and about the election issue, did I not say it would be a loose confederation and not a totalitarian one?

Sorry the speaking off of emotions thing isn't going to work here.  I spoke truth and facts.No emotions. Stop being hypocritical. Live and let live. No such thing as the MW. Who brought that up and who said we Biafrans wanted them to join?Please I want to here this.If you are talking about my people, Anioma Igbos, then I'd like to make this straight [b]WE ARE BIAFRA AND WE ARE GOING WITH BIAFRA [/b]cool. As far as the ijaws are concerned, i thought Dee Eziachi made it clear that we have no plans to bring the ijaws along.If they happen to do want to come along,it would only be by Biafra's permission.Me personally I am against it.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:42am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Sorry the speaking off of emotions thing isn't going to work here.  I spoke truth and facts.No emotions. Stop being hypocritical. Live and let live. No such thing as the MW. Who brought that up and who said we Biafrans wanted them to join?Please I want to here this.If you are talking about my people, Anioma Igbos, then I'd like to make this straight [b]WE ARE BIAFRA AND WE ARE GOING WITH BIAFRA [/b]cool. As far as the ijaws are concerned, i thought Dee Eziachi made it clear that we have no plans to bring the ijaws along.If they happen to do want to come along,it would only be by Biafra's permission.Me personally I am against it.

I said you were speaking with emotions because you post was like an attack. Btw, you brought biafra up not me.

Chyz*:

Bow you are asking for oduduwa republic but just the other day you said NIGERIA WILL STAY TOGETHER, NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE! As soon as you heard about Igbos talking about Biafra.more condemnation of Igbos/Ibibios when they talk about wanted to be in Biafra or create there own country.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ekubear1: 1:45am On Jan 30, 2011
How did a thread about Yoruba and Jos become about Biafra. Smh. . .
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 1:45am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

Yes, I have never been to Delta state but I know what the urhobos are doing to my people. I do not speak for them but I speak for myself!

Do you even know that the Urhobo is called the mother ethnic group name for both the urhobo and isoko so how will you know who is doing what?lol. You don't notice that people usally say Urhobo/Isoko? Its because they are basically the same,brothers from the same parents. Wherever Urhobo go Isoko shall follow.

Now open this link of Delta state's ethnic map and tell me where you see the name Isoko: http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/maps/stateMaps/images/684e33e69135b0143fa618a1fe70e03d53b840bb.jpg
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ShangoThor(m): 1:49am On Jan 30, 2011
@ Jason123, I respect what you're saying, but I believe it will never happen.

1. The Yoruba position of clearly sitting on the fence, waiting for the opportune moment despite clearly knowing who the aggressors are
is ridiculous and might prove to be very costly in the future.

2. The Yoruba are missing an ideal opportunity to show leadership and a moral compass, highlighting the plight of the vulnerable on the
continent and EARN SOME RESPECT, considering how the Yoruba population(s) was decimated during the Slave Trade.

3. The Yoruba and Northerners will not develop identity specific tensions to the point of there being large scale violence and casualties
that would force the issue that would start the process.

4. There will be very few opportunities to split the country. Staying in a political union with Baby Buthers because your babies have not
been butchered yet is a ridiculous strategy.

5. Why not have an open mind, form an alliance with other Southern Nigerians to defeat the common enemy foe first. It would be a lot easier
to form an ODUA Republic out of a Southern Nigeria, as opposed to forming an ODUA Republic out of Nigeria as it stands. View it as 2 steps
to achieving the objective instead of 1. But to do nothing, is a recipe for disaster ,  this strategy will not work,  in fact it is
not a plan at all.

Yoruba Ronu ? ? ? How long for? Please describe to me a plan.

The country has gone backwards, it has regressed since the 80's. Why Nigeria, commentators always talk about "arrested development", but
"regressive development", that is some crazy shi@t , why Nigeria? It's time for change.

Seriously, don't get caught napping.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:51am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Do you even know that the Urhobo is called the mother ethnic group name for both the urhobo and isoko so how will you know who is doing what?lol. You don't notice that people usally say Urhobo/Isoko? Its because they are basically the same,brothers from the same parents. Wherever Urhobo go Isoko shall follow.

Now open this link of Delta state's ethnic map and tell me where you see the name Isoko: http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/uploads/maps/stateMaps/images/684e33e69135b0143fa618a1fe70e03d53b840bb.jpg

We must reiterate that, the records show that Itsekiris cannot expect justice, freedom from intimidation and fair play in Delta State Since 1926, some Uhrobos who have settled in Warri, with the support of some of their kinsmen outside the boundaries of the Itsekiri Kingdom, have
schemed to undermine Itsekiri culture and institutions and have tried to use judicial, extra judicial and violent means to take ownership of Itsekiri land.

From 1952, Itsekiris have experienced periodic violence, arson and mayhem from some Uhrobos. Past unprovoked attacks on the Itsekiri and their property in many Urhobo towns and villages and their mass expulsion from those areas, virtually terminated the existence, even till today, of resident Itsekiri communities in the Urhobo hinterland. There was also the incident of the premeditated attack in 1976 by the people of Ekpan (Urhobo) on the ancient Itsekiri town of Ubeji and its people in a naked attempt to acquire, by force of arms, ownership of Ubeji land on which the Warri refinery is located. The matter was later investigated by the Justice Omosun
Commission, which found the Ekpan people to be the aggressors. The list of attacks against the Itsekiris is endless.

On the 29th October 1999, we have history repeating itself for the Itsekiris - unprovoked, premeditated attack on the Itsekiri town of Ajagbodudu by the people of Ogharefe ( Urhobos) in a naked attempt to acquire by force of arms, ownership of Ajagbodudu.

http://www.waado.org/urhobohistory/WesternNigerDelta/Ajagbodudu/UrhoboItsekiriRelations/ItsumovRepliesEkeh.htm
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by asha80(m): 1:55am On Jan 30, 2011
yourbas in jos should stay in jos after all they have been there since the very early twentieth century
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:56am On Jan 30, 2011
ShangoThor:

@ Jason123, I respect what you're saying, but I believe it will never happen.

1. The Yoruba position of clearly sitting on the fence, waiting for the opportune moment despite clearly knowing who the aggressors are
is ridiculous and might prove to be very costly in the future.

2. The Yoruba are missing an ideal opportunity to show leadership and a moral compass, highlighting the plight of the vulnerable on the
continent and EARN SOME RESPECT, considering how the Yoruba population(s) was decimated during the Slave Trade.

3. The Yoruba and Northerners will not develop identity specific tensions to the point of there being large scale violence and casualties
that would force the issue that would start the process.

4. There will be very few opportunities to split the country. Staying in a political union with Baby Buthers because your babies have not
been butchered yet is a ridiculous strategy.

5. Why not have an open mind, form an alliance with other Southern Nigerians to defeat the common enemy foe first. It would be a lot easier
to form an ODUA Republic out of a Southern Nigeria, as opposed to forming an ODUA Republic out of Nigeria as it stands. View it as 2 steps
to achieving the objective instead of 1. But to do nothing, is a recipe for disaster ,  this strategy will not work,  in fact it is
not a plan at all.

Yoruba Ronu ? ? ? How long for? Please describe to me a plan.

The country has gone backwards, it has regressed since the 80's. Why Nigeria, commentators always talk about "arrested development", but
"regressive development", that is some crazy shi@t , why Nigeria? It's time for change.

Seriously, don't get caught napping.

I get you but you do not get me.

The yorubas and the igbos have too much enemity between them for SN to work. Should we start with the civil war? or the "betrayal" of Awo by Azikwe?  Moreover, they both see things as a competition and that is what drives them to their various sucesses. Btw, have you given this proverb a thought?, " You cannot have two kings in the same palace".
But do not get me wrong, I wish it can work but I just cannot see it working. Anyway, I like your optimism and someone can prove me wrong.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 1:59am On Jan 30, 2011
asha 80:

yourbas in jos should stay in jos after all they have been there since the very early twentieth century

The truth is, every one should come home. Even the king* of jos (or something like that) said, " they have lived with yorubas and igbos but no one is as arrogant as the hausas" or something in that line. It such a shame that the Nigeria project might not work.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 2:00am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

We must reiterate that, the records show that Itsekiris cannot expect justice, freedom from intimidation and fair play in Delta State Since 1926, some Uhrobos who have settled in Warri, with the support of some of their kinsmen outside the boundaries of the Itsekiri Kingdom, have
schemed to undermine Itsekiri culture and institutions and have tried to use judicial, extra judicial and violent means to take ownership of Itsekiri land.

From 1952, Itsekiris have experienced periodic violence, arson and mayhem from some Uhrobos. Past unprovoked attacks on the Itsekiri and their property in many Urhobo towns and villages and their mass expulsion from those areas, virtually terminated the existence, even till today, of resident Itsekiri communities in the Urhobo hinterland. There was also the incident of the premeditated attack in 1976 by the people of Ekpan (Urhobo) on the ancient Itsekiri town of Ubeji and its people in a unclothed attempt to acquire, by force of arms, ownership of Ubeji land on which the Warri refinery is located. The matter was later investigated by the Justice Omosun
Commission, which found the Ekpan people to be the aggressors. The list of attacks against the Itsekiris is endless.

On the 29th October 1999, we have history repeating itself for the Itsekiris - unprovoked, premeditated attack on the Itsekiri town of Ajagbodudu by the people of Ogharefe ( Urhobos) in a unclothed attempt to acquire by force of arms, ownership of Ajagbodudu.

http://www.waado.org/urhobohistory/WesternNigerDelta/Ajagbodudu/UrhoboItsekiriRelations/ItsumovRepliesEkeh.htm

Maybe you are not getting it(Urhobo mothergroup=Urhobo, Isoko subgroups) so let me post it a gain. . .  

Also, do you understand why these groups are attacking them? Also, the name Olu of "Warri" was a curse bestowed on them. He is not the Olu of "Warri" but instead the Olu of Itsekiri.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 2:07am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

Maybe you are not getting it(Urhobo mothergroup=Urhobo, Isoko subgroups) so let me post it a gain. . .  

Also, do you understand why these groups are attacking them? Also, the name Olu of "Warri" was a curse bestowed on them. He is not the Olu of "Warri" but instead the Olu of Itsekiri.

Yes, I know. But does that justify the killing of my people?? Moreover, Itsekiris were the original occupants of Warri.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ShangoThor(m): 2:08am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

I get you but you do not get me.

The yorubas and the igbos have too much enemity between them for SN to work. Should we start with the civil war? or the "betrayal" of Awo by Azikwe?  Moreover, they both see things as a competition and that is what drives them to their various sucesses. Btw, have you given this proverb a thought?, " You cannot have two kings in the same palace".
But do not get me wrong, I wish it can work but I just cannot see it working. Anyway, I like your optimism and someone can prove me wrong.

I understand what you said, but apparently Pa Awo also understood the issue of the common threat and wanted to form an alliance with Zik in
1957 to secede by going for independence in S Nigeria when the Northerners were not ready, but this fell through. This is a new generation, when the wealth and money starts pouring in, and jobs are being created people will not really care. All regions in S have oil, with every community keeping their own mineral resources, we will be talking about a completely different picture.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 2:10am On Jan 30, 2011
ShangoThor:

I understand what you said, but apparently Pa Awo also understood the issue of the common threat and wanted to form an alliance with Zik in
1957 to secede by going for independence in S Nigeria when the Northerners were not ready, but this fell through. This is a new generation, when the wealth and money starts pouring in, and jobs are being created people will not really care. All regions in S have oil, with every community keeping their own mineral resources, we will be talking about a completely different picture.

What are you saying? A confedertion of nations with regional powers? Then, how do we eliminate tribalism?
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ifele(m): 2:11am On Jan 30, 2011
Jason 123,

I agree with you on separating from Nigeria and forming a Yoruba state. War is coming Nigeria's way. We have to train the youth to think properly and fight effectively. So as to establish a free and independent Yorubaland. We have formed a small unit called ESHOMODO would you like to join? You are not alone, we are all hearing the war clouds rumbling. God be praised He is the Father of Victory. Ife Gori Ota Re. Ife Ni Ododo Ile Aye

IfeIle=Yorubaland
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by aljharem(m): 2:13am On Jan 30, 2011
ifele:

Jason 123,

I agree with you on separating from Nigeria and forming a Yoruba state. War is coming Nigeria's way. We have to train the youth to think properly and fight effectively. So as to establish a free and independent Yorubaland. We have formed a small unit called ESHOMODO would you like to join? You are not alone, we are all hearing the war clouds rumbling. God be praised He is the Father of Victory. Ife Gori Ota Re. Ife Ni Ododo Ile Aye

IfeIle=Yorubaland
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

yoruba terrorist
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 2:13am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

Yes, I know. But does that justify the killing of my people?? Moreover, Itsekiris were the original occupants of Warri.

To your question,No. As an Anioma man Warri is not my wahala;however, I can tell you for sure that your People are not the original occupants of the whole of Warri. You are going to really piss people of by that statement. If there are any Urhobo/Isokos or Ijaws on here now, you better hope that they do not see what you just typed. lipsrsealed
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by aljharem(m): 2:14am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

To your question,No. As an Anioma man Warri is not my wahala;however, I can tell you for sure that your People are not the original occupants of the whole of Warri. You are going to really piss people of by that statement. If there are any Urhobo/Isokos or Ijaws on here now, you better hope that they do not see what you just typed. lipsrsealed

just like you piss the yorubas off by claiming lagos and piss northerners off by claiming abuja  angry angry
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 2:17am On Jan 30, 2011
alj harem:

just like you piss the yorubas up by claiming lagos and piss northerners up by claiming abuja  angry angry

Yea we claim Zamunda and Wonderland too. grin
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 2:17am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

My problem with warri is the same problem with Nigeria. When you force people together without thinking of the consequences, then you get the warri situation, Nigeria situation, jos situation and the sudan situation.
I am not saying the whole of warri but most of it and has the majority in that land, what do you expect? Its like the Jos situation where the hausas and fulanis are the ijaws and urhobos.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ShangoThor(m): 2:20am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

What are you saying? A confedertion of nations with regional powers? Then, how do we eliminate tribalism?
No True Federalism with a secular state and constitutional principles. As for the eradication of tribalism, I'm not that naive because there is even prejudice amongst the Yorubas, and there are also minorities amongst the Yoruba
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 2:24am On Jan 30, 2011
ShangoThor:

No True Federalism with a secular state and constitutional principles. As for the eradication of tribalism, I'm not that naive because there is even prejudice amongst the Yorubas, and there are also minorities amongst the Yoruba

So, you know.
Okay, let me give you a scenrio. Imagine, the ijaws have leadership crisis and the ibos or yorubas want to help out. Would they not think it's an occupation army? Would they not think you are "helping" them because of their oil or because they are a minority?
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 2:25am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

My problem with warri is the same problem with Nigeria. When you force people together without thinking of the consequences, then you get the warri situation, Nigeria situation, jos situation and the sudan situation.
I am not saying the whole of warri but most of it and has the majority in that land, what do you expect? Its like the Jos situation where the hausas and fulanis are the ijaws and urhobos.

look we where all held against our will by the brits and we continue to fall for their nonsense.The whole warri situation is very serious, the ijaw and urhobo/urhobo isoko were treated badly by the Western Region Head, Awolowo.There land even taken. Naming the Olu of Isekiri the Olu of Warri was basically forcing the under itsekiri rule.This type of act is why the Urhobo/Isoko, Edos, Igbos wanted out of the Western Region. This led to the creation of the MW.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by jason123: 2:27am On Jan 30, 2011
Chyz*:

look we where all held against our will by the brits and we continue to fall for their nonsense.The whole warri situation is very serious, the ijaw and urhobo/urhobo isoko were treated badly by the Western Region Head, Awolowo.There land even taken. Naming the Olu of Isekiri the Olu of Warri was basically forcing the under itsekiri rule.This type of act is why the Urhobo/Isoko, Edos, Igbos wanted out of the Western Region. This led to the creation of the MW.

But now that is done, how do we justify the killing of my people by the 4th and 5th largest ethnic group in the country on just 600 000 people? Yeah, thats how I feel.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by aloyemeka1: 2:33am On Jan 30, 2011
Ify27:

No we divide them into two. wink wink wink
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by ifele(m): 2:34am On Jan 30, 2011
We need the Igbos on our side and the other tribes in the south. I have an idea. Let us form a military alliance. We can call it Entente Afrika Ethiopia (E.A.E). Together we can defeat Nigeria(Nigerdom). It will be like NATO in which all members are free and independent. Protecting each other from encroachment. All for one and one for all.

Ife Lododo Ile Aye. Ife Gori Otare. Esho.Eshomodo.
Re: To All The Yorubas In Jos by Chyz2: 2:35am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

But now that is done, how do we justify the killing of my people by the 4th and 5th largest ethnic group in the country on just 600 000 people? Yeah, thats how I feel.

The business between the Urhobos and Itsekiri are just minor(altho some may not call it that) mishaps.Now as for the Ijaws, there cause is from expansionism.I have a friend from Ijale, Ondo state who says these people continue to raid her gradmother's farm and also claim some of their land as well. We happened to be happen to be talking about nigeria and I happened to mention Ijaw.You should have seen the look on her face and her words of expression. For the most part the urhobos are peaceful, they just to like the sense of any domination.The Ijaw it is just expansionism and lies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nollywood Stars Endorse Goodluck Jonathan - What About You? / Uwazuruike Using Massob To Exploit Igbos, Biafran Group Alleges / Nigeria Has Lost Its Fight Against Boko Haram - Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.