Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,387 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination (12013 Views)

PDP Govs Have Accepted Buhari’s Victory- Oshiomhole / INEC Accepted Buhari As A Candidate Without Certificate Of Education - BBC / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by naso2(m): 1:59pm On Feb 01, 2011
I always thought Buhari was a threat in the coming elections until the CPC/ACN merger failed, now to compound his issues he has picked Bakare who has little electoral value even in his SW domain.

With the look of things SS,SE,NC will be clean sweep for GEJ. NE and SW will be shared amongst the contestants. NW goes to Buhari.

In the end GEJ gets majority votes and 25% of votes in at least 24 states. It is so simple.

I still dey laff.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by 13volts(m): 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2011
Akainzo:

I get quite bemused that most people in their haste to crucify him, never get to know beyond the beer-parlour rumours that is circulated.

For help in setting things in the right perspective, the timelines for Nigeria's particiaption in OIC would be shown below:
1976, Nigeria made a request as to the membership of OIC (and subsequently put Sharia in our constitution under OBJ).
1980, Nigeria became a member of OIC as an observer nation.
1986, Nigeria became a FULL member of OIC
2001, Nigeria confirmed its FULL membership by President Obasanjo attending its D8 summit.

It is interesting that the only Nigerian HOS/President to actually attend an OIC meeting, is the christian Obasanjo! Buhari could have made us a FULL member but he did not, but IBB surreptitiously did! And OBJ though claiming to be a born again, never took us out but even attended the meeting.

SO tell me, what do you have against Buhari?  And has your GEJ mooted the idea of taking us out? Or does he even have the balls to address the Jos crisis?

Some people ae just too delusional to see the truth
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
Genbuhari3:

well, what informed your brain to call me a sentimental fool. Sharia zealot for ages! when you dwell so much on Buhari and leaving out your Jonathan it shows how worried you are on this man's growing reputation. and i can bet if you dont watch it, you will end up commiting suicide!

@Johndoe & Ujujoan,

You guys just takes words, twist it and makes you look misformed. please show me where he said OBJ will die in power? and come to think of it, are all prophecies meant to come to pass? am sure you guys are not christians.

A fake pastor that has fought for this country more than you and your forefathers combined, a man who prophecied the death of Abacha in Kano even when Abacha was in power, a man who predicted the death of MKO Abiola 'is there no old man in Abiola's house who can tell him not to run for presidence, because if he does, he will never come out alive!' the man who said SDP and NRC will fail. the man who predicted the emergence of a black american president in OAU ife in 1999.Guys prophecies are not meant to come to pass, some are to warn. simple.

@DECLEF

do you go to dubai? or have you ever referred to Dubai as a beautiful country? i am sure it is an islamic country and dwells in darkness. so you are GOD? you decide for HIM who lives in darkness. Tunde Bakare is a pastor by vocation a lawyer by occupation. he says this all the time. so pastors are to stay in church while the rogues, ably supported by johndoe and beef, should continue to steal our money?

You've got to be kidding me!

I'm not too sure I can remember the Abacha and Abiola prohesies, but I do remembere clearly how he said OBJ was going to die. He even gave a date! We all waited hopefully . . . untill the day came and passed and baba was still kicking strong! embarassed embarassed embarassed

The press had a feild day then . . . I remember one cartoon in the dailies caricaturing him and his prayers and fastings, it was hilarious.

Anyways, since then, I never paid much attention to what he says. The God I know is NEVER wrong! cool cool
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 2:42pm On Feb 01, 2011
ujujoan,

well, and the ones you know are good enough, ignorant bad judge!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2011
Genbuhari3:

ujujoan,

well, and the ones you know are good enough, ignorant bad judge!

And you wonder why they call you a sentimental fool undecided undecided
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 01, 2011
na_so:

I always thought Buhari was a threat in the coming elections until the CPC/ACN merger failed, now to compound his issues he has picked Bakare who has little electoral value even in his SW domain.

With the look of things SS,SE,NC will be clean sweep for GEJ. NE and SW will be shared amongst the contestants. NW goes to Buhari.
In the end GEJ gets majority votes and 25% of votes in at least 24 states. It is so simple.

I still dey laff.

Except Buhari and Ribadu reaches a compromised accrod, they will just share the votes in their favoured zones, leaving Jonathan to have a smooth sail.

I am not complaining anyway.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2011
Ujujoan:

And you wonder why they call you a sentimental fool undecided undecided

He seems to be a paid sympathizer.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2011
noblezone:

Except Buhari and Ribadu reaches a compromised accrod, they will just share the votes in their favoured zones, leaving Jonathan to have a smooth sail.

I am not complaining anyway.

Even with that they will still not win. Nigerians are not fools.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 3:16pm On Feb 01, 2011
men, i laugh ooo

Just as South South will deliver all to Jonathan,

North west/north east with 41% of voters registration don so far will go emblock to Buhari

the educated South Westerners/christians will do Buhari cause of Bakare
the credible ones in the south east will not vote jonathan and the 40 thieves.

mark my words. this election will give PDP a fight and we will triumph.

Johndoe and Ujujoan,

You guys are the paid bloggists for the government and PDP. i support candidates who are not in government so they can't pay me and I earn big in a multi-national company. fools! I dont need anybody's money. I do what I do because I love my country and hate PDP!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2011
johndoe200:

Even with that they will still not win. Nigerians are not fools.

Bros, with the ethic/religious sentiments embedded in the heart beat of many Nigerians, foolishness might be a common thing.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
Genbuhari3:

North west/north east with 41% of voters registration don so far will go emblock to Buhari

Another hang over from the past. Who gave you this statistic? When you were counting the sheep and the camels that you hump, you thought we were deceived. IF YOU LIKE ADD ALL THE PEOPLE FROM NIGER THAT YOU PEOPLE SMUGGLE IN, THIS TIME YOU CANNOT INFLATE THE FIGURES.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 3:52pm On Feb 01, 2011
mumuni Johndoe,

My figure is from INEC's actuals as released by Jega in his appearance before the national assembly last week and based on total projections if extended by a week. you better start looking for it so that you and GEJ can restrategize! North west first, south west second because of lagos only, north east third. so keep dreaming there!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Beaf: 4:03pm On Feb 01, 2011
Genbuhari3:

mumuni Johndoe,

My figure is from INEC's actuals as released by Jega in his appearance before the national assembly last week and based on total projections if extended by a week. you better start looking for it so that you and GEJ can restrategize! North west first, south west second because of lagos only, north east third. so keep dreaming there!

You need to read the constitution sir (section 132 to be precise). It will explain to you that elections are not won just by majority, spread is even more important.
Take it as your homework to read section 132 and report back here. You will find that you are the one dreaming.

Why be so vocal when you don't even know how things work?
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2011
Mumuni beaf,

Who says I don't know the constitution. face the fact, pdp apologist. i just painted to you that PDP and your Jonathan face the greatest possible defeat of their life. I have not even added North Central where Buhari will take chunks from niger, abuja, nassawa, plateau, bros, na you dey dream ooooo

popular votes and 24 states is out of GEJ's reach. mumuni Beaf
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 01, 2011
Akainzo:

I get quite bemused that most people in their haste to crucify him, never get to know beyond the beer-parlour rumours that is circulated.

For help in setting things in the right perspective, the timelines for Nigeria's particiaption in OIC would be shown below:
1976, Nigeria made a request as to the membership of OIC (and subsequently put Sharia in our constitution under OBJ).
1980, Nigeria became a member of OIC as an observer nation.
1986, Nigeria became a FULL member of OIC
2001, Nigeria confirmed its FULL membership by President Obasanjo attending its D8 summit.

It is interesting that the only Nigerian HOS/President to actually attend an OIC meeting, is the christian Obasanjo! Buhari could have made us a FULL member but he did not, but IBB surreptitiously did! And OBJ though claiming to be a born again, never took us out but even attended the meeting.

SO tell me, what do you have against Buhari?  And has your GEJ mooted the idea of taking us out? Or does he even have the balls to address the Jos crisi
How true is this? undecided
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by dplordx(m): 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
[b]Suddenly PDP became the best party to rule Nigeria.
And Obasanjo's choice of candidacy becomes the most supported and approved. Well, most people here approved of Yaradua. And with time cursed baba for it. Time is always the best teacher,
Even Dr. Goodluck with no record to show for one year in office, or 3 years while been the VIP, besides making a big fool of himself before FIFA and the football world is now the messiah. Talk about memory loss. Or is it just sheer tribalism? or bigotry of purpose? Why are the people here so eager to protect their views rather, always reloading rather than just look at history a little bit?
So, now Obj is your baba? When he now laughs, thats suppose to be celebrated? and GEJ is suddenly the face of hope, the new Obama, because he's so lucky? Or because is he really hard working and deserved to be where he is now?

So, Bakare's and the SNG's fight to save the soul of Nigeria is now totally forgotten; the same man was in the battle front while our lame duck Dr. Goodluck stood quiet and at the back of the fight tong shuddering, wetting his pants, scared of getting killed while this brave pastor with Noble Laureate Wole Soyinka sweat it out with the same cabal thats now clapping for Uncle Jo.

Bakare has proved himself to be braver than any pastor within the country. Atleast he is comfortable and could act like any pastor and just watch the nation rot while the same looters and public enemies kneel infront of him for blessings and acceptance; and of course, he would pocket their millions of dollars offerings like your anti-christ Adeboye would (Please read your bible and check the meaning of anti-christ before commenting). He didnt do what is common. Now thats the type of a leader the country need.
Not some push-around guy who cant shout at his disgraceful wife to keep quiet!
Anyways sha, been politically correct is always a big pain.[/b]
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Jarus(m): 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2011
A man did not introduce Sharia when he was military president, when all he needed to do was to decree it, but now that he will be working with NASS etc, he will force sharia down our throats!

Naija I hail thee.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by daroz(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2011
hmmmmmmmmmmm, speechless lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by na2day(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2011
I'm pitching my tent with Buhari and Bakare!
I hope they come out with "HOPE 2011"
grin
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by anonimi: 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Olaisrich(m): 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
I am not in anyway against the decision of Pst TB to run for a political office, but as a xtian and a pastor for that matter, what will happen to his church? will he still have a full attention for the cause of Christ?
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by 2sleek2NV(m): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
we nigerians are insatiable. We keep praying for change and we kneel in our rooms praying. will the change start from our rooms? Do we expect God himself to come down, kill all the people we call BAD, takes over Nigeria and begin to rule us? the earlier we get over religious affiliation and ethnicity the better it is for this country.
Martin Luther did not start d change in his room, he took d bold step, the Tunisians and Egyptians stood up.

If Bakare feels he can help d country then so be it. we should forget the fact that he is Christian or was once a Muslim.

thats why its a democracy and we have options. if u feel u like him, vote for him. if he wins fine. we can then crucify him if for not performing. if you do not like him, STICK to who you like and vote for the person. its an open race.
the end result which is a GREAT NIGERIA irrespective of how it comes or who it comes from is what we all wish for.
Good infrastructure, Jobs, Light, Security, Housing, Good health care system just like we admire in other country.

We all come here as typing tigers to curse and bring down d room but can't effect any change around our immediate environment.

Most people will kill for a Gay to approach them. the co-founder of Facebook is gay and 90% of us here are on FB, which has set a trend for social networking.

If it means a Gay will rule nigeria to make it better, why not support him or we kill him and continue to wallow in our ROT.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by oluwabamis(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2011
buhari/bakare ticket is a welcome devt. somehow the change we are craving for will not just jump on our laps,.its a gradual process. you agree with me that we didnt get to this situation overnivht & it will take time b4 we come out of it. if the likes of okotie,bakare etc and many progressives can get involved in politics. somehow things must change for better in naija
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by larimo(m): 4:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
The way we argue and rationalise issues in Nigeria is baffling. We fail to consider integrity and track records. Where is the place for competency, my Nigerians?

Some call Bakare a fake pastor, but tell us what has he done wrong as a pastor? We want to know.
PDP is crippling Nigeria and we are still satisfied to vote for their corrupt officers because Bakare is a pastor and Buhari advocates for Sharia Afterall, haven't we been ruled by muslims since Shagari?

To GEJ's camp, what has GEJ done? Give us his track record. Jos is burning, Borno is in crisis, even the Niger Delta is boiling and he is mediating in Cote D'Ivoire?

Lets throw all sentiments aside and reason appropriately. Every day, we cry out that we want good leaders but our eyes are so blind to change. We rather would vote for someone who will likely win rather than vote for change.  angry lipsrsealed

We need to wake up and vote wisely!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by estatenig(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2011
BB ticket is an exciting one, I am sitting back as events unfold, at least i have my voters card, don't be surprised many of those talking here have not / do not wish to register to vote. Let's leave the talk and vote for our right. As for me, I wish the pair was Bakare/Buhari and not Buhari/Bakare. I am tired of these old men recycle. We need a the younger generation. Personally, I would have loved a Ribadu/Bakare ticket, LOL
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by jpworld(m): 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2011
All the offering and tithe money, will be use for his campaign, to become the vice president of Naija, Is Bakare a Christian or Muslim name?
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by bisiaet: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2011
I dont know what to say again I'm so dissappointed in Pastor Bakare. Look at him saying God sent him please where does God sent him to and to which people with this act?

I'm so confused a man I so much respect like Bakare can swallowed his word and now be talking of be a runing mate?  man who openly declare his passion as SNG Chieftain was not for political gain or interest and all those words are swallowed this is so painful I least expect it. I think 'am off Bakare, I sign out, my hand up,'am out and I wish him goodluck.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by mohuru: 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
GenBuhari3, much as I understand your passion as evidenced in defending the "Noble" General, we should not lose focus when Arguing, let us be Objective. The Problem and the root cause of the Problem in Nigeria is all about VISIONARY LEADERSHIP. This is not a matter of Buhari/Bakare running mate it is about getting a leader that has gotten an idea of where he/she will like to take Nigeria to. I will give it to Buhari for being so consistent and not relenting BUT he is sending a Mixed signal, many people are seeing his choice of Bakare as a "Drowning" man's straw, GOOD, he is trying to add Credibility to his own Staunch image of being an Hard Liner where religious views are concerned.
As for my Pastor Bakare, He remains a MAN I so much adore, but I am still trying frantically to reconcile his past prophecies where the leadership in Nigeria is concerned, (As regards his previous Prophecies, I dont need to be lectured that not all prophecies come to past, as that remains his cross to carry when we all face our maker, GOD. I bet he knows the implication of false utterances) He evidently said he does not have a Plan for the country, as regards Politics, and from what I have written above, that is a PROBLEM (the same plague with GEJ) these people just find themselves in Aso Rock before developing the game plan.
Can you reconcile this statement made by Pastor Bakare below,
"“Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither ( Obasanjo), OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing, away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.”-PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE in The PUNCH of 10/02/06,, 5yrs ago
Let us all remain OBJECTIVE when arguing, Bakare remains a Good man, Politics notwithstanding, but what about all his hard stance at previous leaders?? angry
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by jfking2005(m): 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2011
2sleek2NV:

We keep praying for change and we kneel in our rooms praying. will the change start from our rooms? Do we expect God himself to come down, kill all the people we call BAD, takes over Nigeria and begin to rule us? the earlier we get over religious affiliation and ethnicity the better it is for this country.
Martin Luther did not start d change in his room, he took d bold step, the Tunisians and Egyptians stood up.

If Bakare feels he can help d country then so be it. we should forget the fact that he is Christian or was once a Muslim.

thats why its a democracy and we have options. if u feel u like him, vote for him. if he wins fine. we can then crucify him if for not performing. if you do not like him, STICK to who you like and vote for the person. its an open race.
the end result which is a GREAT NIGERIA irrespective of how it comes or who it comes from is what we all wish for.
Good infrastructure, Jobs, Light, Security, Housing, Good health care system just like we admire in other country.
If it means a Gay will rule nigeria to make it better, why not support him or we kill him and continue to wallow in our ROT.

God bless you my brother!!
God will not come down to help us, he will only use someone to answer our prayer of our dream Country. Nigeria!!
Your opinion does not count when God is working, he can use anybody, be you christian or Muslim.
Remember Islamic was not a mistake, God knew about it and he also make provision for them.it very much there in the Bible
What matter most is that when God is ready to work you cannot predict his dimension and i believe we have all pray and let see the direction God will use to answer the prayer of this country.
i believe anything is possible with God, just go about your normal civic responsibility and leave the rest.
It may not fully materialize in our generation but gradually we shall be liberated.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
As much as I know this BB11 ticket is Nigeria's light after PDP's brutal darkness, I must say that PDP is a very powerful and persuasive force. Just look at what started happening to ACN soon after they took PDP leavers, and this year you hear of ACN imposing candidates just like their old enemy the PDP. Though I am overjoyed that CPC did not mix blood with ACN, I am saddened at the average chances of BB winning unless they increase their popularity and backing before the election.

The information I have is that the PDP is already registering illegal voters in Rivers state. This is a state governed by a man I have utmost respect for even though he is in PDP. Today there was news of buses full of youths going from one LG to another to partake in multiple voter registrations. In the rural creeks massive underage registrations are taking place, in addition thousands of non-existent names are being registered. This is in a state where I know the governor disregards and actively fought against GEJ's imposition of candidates. It just shows you PDP's corruption spreads to their very root. If INEC does not nullify these illegalities nationwide, there may be a problem.

Amaechi has earned my respect through his transparency and hard work in the state. GEJ has NOT shown me any reason to honour him, and his attempt at imposing candidates on Rivers makes me feel his boyish looks are a means of deception.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by kingbobbyj: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
The problem with johndoe, ujujoan, beaf and others like them is that they are scared of change, for the 1st time since 2003 d Buhari/Bakare ticket looks very capable of disposing d PDP and they're all looking for excuses to deny it, For the 1st time buhari has made a good political move, guys get ready 2011 change is coming!!, hopefully nigerians wont b scared to make d change.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by OlawumiX: 5:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
For those who believe that Buhari is the candidate that would unseat the PDP, that Gen Buhari or Pst Bakare are the credible and competent candidates, I beg to disagree.

Whenever I hear people saying they expect Buhari to carry the day I smile with a quick shake of the Head - Please lets get real, he neither has the political clot nor machinery to win any election outside of his immediate vicinity. As for Pst Bakare, I guess he has to contest first to find out how popular he really is.

As for Sharia/OIC etc, I can only make my judgment on what is proven fact, that the General has at some time when politics wasn't on the horizon made some very categorical statement as to his preferences and (in)tolerance. Everything else is just the reconsideration of a man who just discovered that where he is going is much larger than where he was.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNAMDI KANU'S EVIL PLOT FINALLY EXPOSED!!! SOUTH SOUTH BEWARE / Pass Money Laundering Bill, Buhari Tells NASS / Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.