Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination (12014 Views)

PDP Govs Have Accepted Buhari’s Victory- Oshiomhole / INEC Accepted Buhari As A Candidate Without Certificate Of Education - BBC / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Beaf: 5:07pm On Feb 02, 2011
kingbobbyj:

The problem with johndoe, ujujoan, beaf and others like them is that they are scared of change, for the 1st time since 2003 d Buhari/Bakare ticket looks very capable of disposing d PDP and they're all looking for excuses to deny it, For the 1st time buhari has made a good political move, guys get ready 2011 change is coming!!, hopefully nigerians wont b scared to make d change.

This is daft. What do you mean by "change?" Has Buhari laid out his plans? If not, where are you getting your so-called change from? Some of you just mouth things foolishly without actually understanding what you are saying. Is change an empty word?

Dude, please refrain from mentioning my name when you inflict NL with your next dose of idiocy.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by MAYOWAAK: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2011
Olaisrich:

I am not in anyway against the decision of Pst TB to run for a political office, but as a xtian and a pastor for that matter, what will happen to his church? will he still have a full attention for the cause of Christ?

The church should not be a place where one person has been elevated to  a staus of superstardom,where that person is not around,everything ceases to function.

I  believe Bakare has capable hands to that can run the affairs of his church,if he is not available and in what way does the vice presidency stop him from advancing the cause of the Gospel?I am of the opinion that the Gospel will even be better propagated by his actions and deeds.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
waiting for more answers
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by MAYOWAAK: 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
FIVE REASONS WHY PASTOR BAKARE CAN BE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IN 2011

1. It is constitutional: By Section 131 of the Nigerian constitution, a person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if:

(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;

(b) he has attained the age of forty years

(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party

(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent

By Section 142 (2), the above provisions shall also apply to the office of Vice President.

Pastor Bakare hails from Iporo-Shodeke, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. Therefore, he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth. he is 56 years old. The provision on membership of a political party is to prevent independent candidacy. Though until recently, he was not a member of any political party, he is running on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) which invited him and is sponsoring him in that sense. He is a trained lawyer and obtained his LLB at the University of Lagos and a BL at the Nigerian Law school. therefore, he is constitutionally qualified to run for the office of the Vice President/President.

2. It is moral. Morality simply relates to matters of right and wrong, personal conscience and standard of justice. In a nation characterized by injustice, where 1% of the population controls 80% of the wealth not because of hard work but due to corruption and inequity; where 25% of the nation's budget is consumed by about 600 persons who are supposed to be representatives of the people; in a nation where 70% of the populace live below the poverty line and 1 out of every 5 children dies before the age of 5 due to undernourishment, poverty and health infrastructural decay; where about 11 million children can not go to school because they can't afford it; where youths in their millions are jobless after spending 5-8 years studying for 4 years courses in poorly equipped academic environments; in a nation whose streets are lined up with children and teenagers hawking (I can tell you because I've been there) or begging and thereby exposed to all forms of danger because their parents or guardians are poor and need the extra income for survival or sometimes merely as a result of disrespect for child rights; in a nation which accounts for 1 out of every 9 maternal deaths in the world; in summary, in a nation that has deviated from the dreams of the founding fathers and has left millions hopeless and helpless simply because leadership has failed and the wicked have their grips on power whether they are in office or not either directly or through their stooges, it is outrightly immoral and an unpardonable indictment on anyone who has the characteristics of good leadership, the qualities of faithful stewardship and the skill and competence needed to change the situation, to merely stay on the sidelines and voice change without actively stepping into the terrain to create that change.

3. It is timely and expedient: In a nation divided by ethnic and religious sentiments, engulfed with violence that has religion either as a motivation or a colouration, where innocent men and women, boys and girls are constantly massacred, sometimes in their hundreds because leadership has failed to bridge the gap and truly unite the nation, it is absolutely expedient that one who understands the agitations of both faiths steps into leadership to bridge that gap just like Barrack Obama was expedient for a nation whose fabrics were threatened by race and religion due to the politics of extreme conservatism. If you were a resident of Jos Plateau, and have seen people including your relatives butchered in cold blood, and the leadership up till now has failed to address the situation, and one who has a plan and the stature to do so offers himself for leadership, would you give thought to petty sentimental issues, won't you embrace him as a life line? Those who say that it is not time, that the atmosphere needs to be cleansed first before a righteous man like him can step in have missed it all. Who will do the cleaning, the unclean?

4. The alliance is strategic: General Muhammadu Buhari is known for his anti-corruption antecedents. More so, he has the capacity to look boldly at the so called god-fathers of Nigerian politics, the bastions of corruption in the eye and bring them to the cleaners. He is what Nigeria need s now to pave the way for a generation of credible leaders. But he has been erroneously conceived as anti-Christian and extremely pro-Islam. His choice of a pastor, not just any pastor who can be intimidated or tossed about, but one whose boldness and fearlessness is contested by none who can look a leader in the face to bring correction is clear proof that Buhari does not have an Islamic agenda. The anti-corruption stance and integrity of both persons is what Nigeria needs to rebuild a righteous foundation.

5. It is Spiritual: From Genesis to Revelation, I have not seen where it is written that a pastor can not hold public office. Indeed, Buhari's choice of Pastor Bakare is reminiscent of Pharaoh's choice of Joseph, Nebuchadnezzar's choice of Daniel and Artaxerxes' choice of Mordecai. Remember that Daniel, like Pastor Bakare, was prophetic and he served as prime minister in Babylon (which is symbolic of the world's system) and Joseph, also prophetic, served as prime-minister in Egypt (which is symbolic of the world). We know by Colossians 1:16 that those offices were created by God and by Daniel 4:17 we understand that God gave them to these people because He willed to do so. Should we question the fact that God chose to give them to His own children? Spiritual matters are for those who have access to the Spirit. Let everyone who indeed has access to the Spirit not make biased or prejudicial conclusions. Let them not make comparisons based on human permutations or calculations. Let them not even compare Pastor Bakare's candidacy to that of any other person. Let them view this in its own merit. Let them go to God ask Him what he thinks. It is interesting that none of those who question this step has come to say that God told him/her that Pastor Bakare should not take it. If you are truly spiritual, go to God with an unbiased mind and hear what He has to say. Mind you, don't speak through the Spirit. Let Him speak to you. Only then will you be right to tell us what you have heard with your ears and have seen with your eyes and have looked upon and your hand have handled of the Word of life (John 1:1).
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by tlops(m): 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2011
dplordx:

whatever! atleast, it contradicts all the lame silly lies that Buhari is pushing for Sharia in Nigeria. someone who wants Sharia wont be picking a Pastor.

That does not mean a thing! But he dares not.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by UyiIredia(m): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
Alas ! the 'rumors' are true >>> sad news if you ask me >>> I'd prefer he remain the political critic that he had aptitude for >>> and that he is my pastor ain't mean my vote is going to Buhari >>> I still root for GEJ >>> my 2nd best (in case of emergency) is Ribadu (who is equally clean - if not more than- and has proven himself in the anti-corruption crusade)

I won't go for Buhari for the simple reason that I do not want nor like shreddings of past military rule in Nigerian polity -much less at the top post >>> for me that is a chapter that must be closed >>> Buhari can go for Senate >>> then maybe I can begin to consider him

I can only wonder at what 'old soldier' OBJ will think of this
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by segunjowo(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2011
I will vote for Buhari/Bakare.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by uglybetty: 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2011
That is what you pastor bak are should have said,other than trying to hide under the canopy of save Nigerian group in other to steal our trust.but thank god to our prayers each time we have our Sunday mass at the catholic church  we intercede for my country from people like you.Nigeria will never divide.Nigeria will move forward.Nigerians will remain the giant of Africa if you pastor bak are, and your fanatical ex president like it or not. God truly answers prayers of the masses like me who suffer the end result.with time my god will expose all the fake pastors and religious leaders all over nigeria and they will never be heard of again.then each religion will practice their true worship and practice.my god will send us nigerians a man after his own heart that will lead us to the promise land even if it is 2days to this election,by the mercy of god upon nigerians weather Christians or Moslems. I love my country,  even though I have not benefited from any of the past government ,only a cell phone during obj regime and  my parents who struggled to see me through primary  up to my university level.despite unemployed For 3years now.I love my country,and I want the best for her and will alwayz pray for her.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by yoji: 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
I wud advise critics of bakare to google cardinal sin.
This was a filipino catholic arch bishop that led a popular people revolution that toppled d government which had nothing for d masses.
Naija xtians jus want to pray until d problems dissappear!
Anybody who really appreciates d xtent of our problems will realise that it is not jus enuf to be a social critic. U have to be pro-active. That's wat bakare is doing and am pretty sure majority of his critics have not even registered!
And they want naija to change.
I dey laff o!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by zibby(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2011
People, people, please stop this talk.  I'm still waiting to wake up from this dream.  I really feel like I've stepped into a parallel universe here!  I've been repeating it for days! Buhari and Bakare.  Wonders will never cease.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2011
MAYOWAAK:

FIVE REASONS WHY PASTOR BAKARE CAN BE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IN 2011

1. It is constitutional: By Section 131 of the Nigerian constitution, a person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if:

(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;

(b) he has attained the age of forty years

(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party

(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent

By Section 142 (2), the above provisions shall also apply to the office of Vice President.

Pastor Bakare hails from Iporo-Shodeke, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. Therefore, he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth. he is 56 years old. The provision on membership of a political party is to prevent independent candidacy. Though until recently, he was not a member of any political party, he is running on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) which invited him and is sponsoring him in that sense. He is a trained lawyer and obtained his LLB at the University of Lagos and a BL at the Nigerian Law school. therefore, he is constitutionally qualified to run for the office of the Vice President/President.

2. It is moral. Morality simply relates to matters of right and wrong, personal conscience and standard of justice. In a nation characterized by injustice, where 1% of the population controls 80% of the wealth not because of hard work but due to corruption and inequity; where 25% of the nation's budget is consumed by about 600 persons who are supposed to be representatives of the people; in a nation where 70% of the populace live below the poverty line and 1 out of every 5 children dies before the age of 5 due to undernourishment, poverty and health infrastructural decay; where about 11 million children can not go to school because they can't afford it; where youths in their millions are jobless after spending 5-8 years studying for 4 years courses in poorly equipped academic environments; in a nation whose streets are lined up with children and teenagers hawking (I can tell you because I've been there) or begging and thereby exposed to all forms of danger because their parents or guardians are poor and need the extra income for survival or sometimes merely as a result of disrespect for child rights; in a nation which accounts for 1 out of every 9 maternal deaths in the world; in summary, in a nation that has deviated from the dreams of the founding fathers and has left millions hopeless and helpless simply because leadership has failed and the wicked have their grips on power whether they are in office or not either directly or through their stooges, it is outrightly immoral and an unpardonable indictment on anyone who has the characteristics of good leadership, the qualities of faithful stewardship and the skill and competence needed to change the situation, to merely stay on the sidelines and voice change without actively stepping into the terrain to create that change.

3. It is timely and expedient: In a nation divided by ethnic and religious sentiments, engulfed with violence that has religion either as a motivation or a colouration, where innocent men and women, boys and girls are constantly massacred, sometimes in their hundreds because leadership has failed to bridge the gap and truly unite the nation, it is absolutely expedient that one who understands the agitations of both faiths steps into leadership to bridge that gap just like Barrack Obama was expedient for a nation whose fabrics were threatened by race and religion due to the politics of extreme conservatism. If you were a resident of Jos Plateau, and have seen people including your relatives butchered in cold blood, and the leadership up till now has failed to address the situation, and one who has a plan and the stature to do so offers himself for leadership, would you give thought to petty sentimental issues, won't you embrace him as a life line? Those who say that it is not time, that the atmosphere needs to be cleansed first before a righteous man like him can step in have missed it all. Who will do the cleaning, the unclean?

4. The alliance is strategic: General Muhammadu Buhari is known for his anti-corruption antecedents. More so, he has the capacity to look boldly at the so called god-fathers of Nigerian politics, the bastions of corruption in the eye and bring them to the cleaners. He is what Nigeria need s now to pave the way for a generation of credible leaders. But he has been erroneously conceived as anti-Christian and extremely pro-Islam. His choice of a pastor, not just any pastor who can be intimidated or tossed about, but one whose boldness and fearlessness is contested by none who can look a leader in the face to bring correction is clear proof that Buhari does not have an Islamic agenda. The anti-corruption stance and integrity of both persons is what Nigeria needs to rebuild a righteous foundation.

5. It is Spiritual: From Genesis to Revelation, I have not seen where it is written that a pastor can not hold public office. Indeed, Buhari's choice of Pastor Bakare is reminiscent of Pharaoh's choice of Joseph, Nebuchadnezzar's choice of Daniel and Artaxerxes' choice of Mordecai. Remember that Daniel, like Pastor Bakare, was prophetic and he served as prime minister in Babylon (which is symbolic of the world's system) and Joseph, also prophetic, served as prime-minister in Egypt (which is symbolic of the world). We know by Colossians 1:16 that those offices were created by God and by Daniel 4:17 we understand that God gave them to these people because He willed to do so. Should we question the fact that God chose to give them to His own children? Spiritual matters are for those who have access to the Spirit. Let everyone who indeed has access to the Spirit not make biased or prejudicial conclusions. Let them not make comparisons based on human permutations or calculations. Let them not even compare Pastor Bakare's candidacy to that of any other person. Let them view this in its own merit. Let them go to God ask Him what he thinks. It is interesting that none of those who question this step has come to say that God told him/her that Pastor Bakare should not take it. If you are truly spiritual, go to God with an unbiased mind and hear what He has to say. Mind you, don't speak through the Spirit. Let Him speak to you. Only then will you be right to tell us what you have heard with your ears and have seen with your eyes and have looked upon and your hand have handled of the Word of life (John 1:1).

I'm taking this to facebook, Awesome! smiley
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by myforumid3: 8:52pm On Feb 02, 2011
Can't Beaf and GEJ supporters just save us all the talks by listing GEJ's achievements and credentials?
I am from the SS but would voting by sentiments give me employment or put food on the table or make stable power supply?, Only the credentials/achievements to convince us pls, no insults abeg!

let GEJ leave the PDP, else he's not getting my vote, infact, He has lost my vote with BB 2011 on board.
Dont condemn BB ticket cos of some flimsy excuse!
Nigerians are tired of promises, since 1999. That's f.u.cking 12 years wasted and people finding succour in overseas, even Ghana and Togo.

GEJ makes Corruption so easy and u say its politics just to win in April, Abeg get out of nl jare,
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 02, 2011
out here in d east our mindset is dat d election has been won.
Now we all registered to vote for goodluck do u kno why?
because with him we ve a chance of attractin federal presence, i mean there is a chance river niger ll be dredged so i dont ve to go to lagos to clear my container so i dont ve to go to lagos for treatment.even if it dont come to my beloved anambra wen its done in bayelsa better cos its closer see wat i mean
We all kno gej is not d best but wit him we kno were we stand come on stop all dis buhari wateva.i tot he's been there already wat legacy did he leave wen he had d chance to change nigeria as almighty dictator politically i'm naive i know and don give a ?
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by bishoptboy(m): 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
suniblu:

out here in d east our mindset is dat d election has been won.
Now we all registered to vote for goodluck do u kno why?
because with him we ve a chance of attractin federal presence, i mean there is a chance river niger ll be dredged so i dont ve to go to lagos to clear my container so i dont ve to go to lagos for treatment.even if it dont come to my beloved anambra wen its done in bayelsa better cos its closer see wat i mean
We all kno gej is not d best but wit him we kno were we stand come on stop all dis buhari wateva.i tot he's been there already wat legacy did he leave wen he had d chance to change nigeria as almighty dictator politically i'm naive i know and don give a ?

So its about your container. Go to Abuja and you will know that GEJ and his fellow boys have forgoten something called niger delta. juat wait there for dredging of niger delta while they are busy sharing your money in abuja. we will give chance to Buhari that kept nigeria sane and Bakare that is passionate about chance
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by bishoptboy(m): 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
Beaf is all about sharia as if we dont have senate and house of assemble again. its not a one man show. are nigerians not running to middle east countries. I guess maybe beaf is cant afford the see beer parlor locked up and he is fighting for that
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Concept(m): 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2011
The Pastor avoided totally the God sent slogan. I like that. He believes what is about embarking upon is his personal decision. Anybody can be politician, the most open group I have ever known are political parties, they know the more the numbers the less headache in reaching out. Pastor Bakare is a Nigeria citizen, he has every right to contest.

However, what can make me frown is that of him involving in the shady things that go with politics, if that should be the case he cannot deliver. No attempt rigging, No fetish, No Occultism. He has the charisma to hijack some votes to his side.

NIGERIA GO SURVIVE.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
So its about your container. Go to Abuja and you will know that GEJ and his fellow boys have forgoten something called niger delta. juat wait there for dredging of niger delta while they are busy sharing your money in abuja. we will give chance to Buhari that kept nigeria sane and Bakare that is passionate about chance

pls xplain how did buhari keep nigeria sane.we cant be deceived i dont ve issue wit bakare but buhari ehn dat na long thing,
Out here in d east side gej 's only opponent is beaten (atiku)
i'd rather gudluck dey there
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by kross01(m): 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2011
Before he called you, did you ever contemplate seeking an elective post or going into politics?Not in 2010, not in 2011. I never considered running for any offices. As a matter of fact, in all that you have been reading or listening to, I said so that I am not going to take part in the political process other than mobilize the people.

So it was his call that led to your change of mind?

Well, I think so, and because of the situation in my country. Whether one person is running or the other person is running, I think that all Nigerians should be running. I am being modest. I think that all Nigerians should wake up and rise up now to do what is right.

at least finally pastor bakare attributes his running to buhari's call and not God that called him into the race, abeg house take note
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by mekaboy(m): 1:31am On Feb 03, 2011
[b]SHAME ON YOU NIGERIANS X3

DO YOU REALLY WANT CHANGE ?

ARE YOU BLIND ?

YOU COMPLAIN THAT OBASANJO, ATIKU, IBB AND THE REST HAVE LOOTED NIGERIAN FUNDS, AND HAVE MADE THE PEOPLE SUFFER POVERTY, UNEMPLOYMENT, WORST EDUCATION SYSTEM, INSECURITY, NAME IT.

YET YOU WANT TO VOTE GEJ? DON'T YOU KNOW THAT GEJ = OBJ,IBB,ATIKU AND THE REST? IS IT NOT THE SAME PEOPLE THAT ARE BRINGING OUT GET TO REPRESENT THEM ?

THOSE OF YOU QUOTING THE BIBLE HERE AGAINST BUHARI AND BAKARI ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, YOU ARE SIMPLY RELIGOUS AND BLIND. IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT KILLED JESUS ON THE CROSS EVEN THOUGH U KNEW HE WAS THE MESSIAH.

YOU CLAIM TO READ THE BIBBLE RIGHT ? AND THE BIBBLE YOU READ GIVES YOU A REASON WHY BAKARI SHOULD NOT WORK WITH BUHARI ?

I AM SURE YOU ALL HAVE READ THE STORY OF JOSEPH AND THE COAT OF MANY COLORS IN THE BIBLE , DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE JOSEPH ENDED UP ? DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE JOSEPH BECAME SECOND IN COMMAND ?
WELL IN-CASE YOU DON'T, JOSEPH BECAME SECOND IN COMMAND TO PHARAOH IN "EGYPT" AND EGYPTIANS WERE NOT CHRISTIANS, PHARAOH WHO WAS ABOVE HIM WAS NOT A CHRISTIAN. FROM THE BIBLE PHARAOH LEFT THE ENTIRE DECISION MAKING TO JOSEPH. WHY DID HE DO THAT? BECAUSE JOSEPH INTERPRETED A DREAM AND PHARAOH KNEW THAT JOSEPH COULD HERE FROM GOD. THAT IS WHY HE GAVE HIM CHARGE OF THE DECISION MAKING OF THE NATION .

JESUS WAS SEEN AS BAKARI TODAY, BECAUSE HE WAS WINNING AND DINNING WITH UNBELIEVERS AND TAX COLLECTORS, BUT DID THAT CHANGE HIS PERSONALITY ? WHAT ABOUT WHEN A love-peddler WIPED HIS FEET WITH EXPENSIVE PERFUME?

LET US ADMIT, WE ARE ALL SELFISH. BUT LETS NOT ALLOW OUR SELFISHNESS TO PUT THIS NATION ON REPLAY AND LET THE PAST REPEAT ITSELF. SO YOU WILL PREFER OBJ-ATIKU-IBB TO COME BACK IN THE FORM OF GEJ JUST BECAUSE THEY BELONG TO YOUR TRIBE?

FINALLY MY PEOPLE====>>> PRESIDENCY IS A CALL TO SERVE A NATION, NOT A TRIBE OR RELIGION, IT IS A CALL TO MOVE A NATION FORWARD NOT A TRIBE OR RELIGION, IT IS A CALL TO CREATE EMPLOYMENT, CONSTANT ELECTRICITY, QUALITY EDUCATION, SECURITY, GOOD ROADS,PRODUCTION, EXPORTATION, THE IMPROVEMENT OF THE STANDARD OF LIVING OF ALL THAT LIVE IN THE NATION.

WE ALL COMPLAIN, THERE IS NO ELECTRICITY, AND BAD ROADS, ELECTRICITY AND ROADS, DO NOT KNOW CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM, HAUSA, IGBO OR YORUBA. THE WHOLE NATION IS AFFECTED BY LACK OF IT.

IF ONLY WE CAN TAKE EYE GLASS OF SELFISHNESS FROM OUR EYES, THEN WE WILL ALL SEE THAT BUHARI & BAKARI IS THE CHANGE, JUST LIKE BLACKBERRY. Cheesy

EVEN THE MAN WHO DOES NOT FEAR ANYONE, FEARS HIMSELF, WE CAN ADVICE PEOPLE, TELL THEM THEIR FAULTS, BUT WE FIND IT DIFFICULT TO SIT OURSELF DOWN AND TALK TO OURSELVES, CONFRONT OURSELVES.

PLEASE MY FELLOW NIGERIANS, GATHER THE COURAGE TO CONFRONT YOURSELVES, AND ASK THESE QUESTIONS.

WHAT DO WE REALLY WANT FOR THIS NATION?

IS MY CHOICE OF CANDIDATE BASED ON MY TRIBE, OR RELIGION ?

IS GEJ REALLY GOING TO BRING A CHANGE JUDGING FROM, THE PEOPLE BEHIND HIM, OR WILL IT BE BIZNESS AS USUAL?

HAS NIGERIA EVER EXPERIENCE ANYTHING LIKE BUHARI & BAKARI ? IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, THEN, ITS A NEW DAWN AND BEGINNING FOR NIGERIAN POLITICS.

MAY THE LORD HELP US TO MAKE SELFLESS DECISIONS, THIS 2011.

AMEN.

I THOUGHT THIS WILL CHANGE YOU GUYS. [/b]
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by mrofficial(m): 1:32am On Feb 03, 2011
cool
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Gboliwe: 3:40am On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

Most people are discerning enough to see through his facade. He has been revealed for what he always was, a fake pastor and a greedy man, who had no opportunity to get to the national treasury, now that he has been offed a shot, he grabs it like a drowning man.
well said.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by mrofficial(m): 3:46am On Feb 03, 2011
^^ not well-said.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by kosoro: 4:11am On Feb 03, 2011
Now i'm torn between Buhari/Bakare and Ribadu/?. I think Jonathan is a good man but his association with PDP is a big minus for him. Good to have choices anyway. For the first time in my adult life, i'm actually looking forward to voting for a presidential ticket.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by proflynks1(m): 4:34am On Feb 03, 2011
;d
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 03, 2011
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan all the way,who wan die make he/she go romance Transformer for just one second!!!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 10:10am On Feb 03, 2011
Ozin:

Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan all the way,who wan die make he/she go romance Transformer for just one second!!!

True words my brother.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 10:12am On Feb 03, 2011
Bakare stood for LG chairman in his LGA and lost woefully, now you want him to be VP.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by umarloko(m): 10:13am On Feb 03, 2011
now this is becoming more interesting, i pray my vote count oo
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 03, 2011
I 'm happy pastor Tunde Bakare has finally realized like Obama  said to Americans that change does come from the the White House, Change goes to it. Instead of remaining a critic and social crusader, active politics like every other aspects of life will require more than rhetorics. If you are going to be at the front burner of change then you should be ready to absorb the heat. How hot it will be as we prepare for the 2011 'finals', i mean general elections, i don't know. I will support and join his campaign train for the South West and Lagos.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by johndoe200: 10:54am On Feb 03, 2011
Evano:

I 'm happy pastor Tunde Bakare has finally realized like Obama  said to Americans that change does come from the the White House, Change goes to it. Instead of remaining a critic and social crusader, active politics like every other aspects of life will require more than rhetorics. If you are going to be at the front burner of change then you should be ready to absorb the heat. How hot it will be as we prepare for the 2011 'finals', i mean general elections, i don't know. I will support and join his campaign train for the South West and Lagos.   

The people who rejected him when he stood for LGA chairman in his LGA will have a good laugh at you.
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by Genbuhari3: 11:09am On Feb 03, 2011
is this Johndoe Insane!

I think you have beginning to RUN MAD and become confused like your president GEJ

Where in this your miserable life have you heard, read or see that Bakare contested for LGA.

Bloody liar like your GEJ. OLE! THIEVES without senses!
Re: Interview: Pastor Tunde Bakare Speaks About Why He Accepted Buhari's Nomination by MAYOWAAK: 11:14am On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

Bakare stood for LG chairman in his LGA and lost woefully, now you want him to be VP.

You not only a bare-faced liar but a disinformer who when is asked what time of the day is,the person asking for the time should look through the window as well.

When did Bakare contest for LGA election?

You are criticism to a dizzying absurdity heights.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Importation of Cars Drop By 20% - Bank of Industry / Urhobo Has No Land For Cattle Colony – Omo-agege / Orji Kalu: My Visit To Nnamdi Kanu Misinterpreted By His Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.