Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP (8661 Views)

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes / 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by miqos02(m): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2011
alphabet43:

That formula is worn out. A clueless northerner and a puppet money hungry mumu yoruba man. They have no clue when it come to governing. 'Defeating PDP' is not good enough as motivation to run or attract voters.  
so what is the way out?
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2011
alphabet43:

That formula is worn out. A clueless northerner and a puppet money hungry mumu yoruba man. They have no clue when it come to governing. 'Defeating PDP' is not good enough as motivation to run or attract voters.  

It ought to be considering we have had 12 years of PDP during which the country has been taken 2 steps forward and over 10 steps backwards. I think Defeating PDP should be all the motivation we need to vote some other party.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by udezue(m): 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2011
@ayubam, actually he could have chosen a Jewish Rabai and it wouldn't change how I feel about him bcoz VP position is useless in Nigeria. He simply wants to win and will anything to get votes.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by udezue(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2011
Buhari, is also recycled. His time has been up a long time ago.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kilode1: 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2011
Beaf:

You simply do not know what an ideology is. What you describe is called, [b]anywhere bele face [/b]politics.

HAHAH  grin grin cheesy cheesy

Beaf go kill pesin o!, I've not heard that phrase in a while cheesy
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by 3kay945(m): 6:57pm On Feb 05, 2011
beaf or pork? tongue tongue embarassed embarassed
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by tlops(m): 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2011
^^^^ beaf
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Tokotaya: 7:25pm On Feb 05, 2011
Ideology does not solve problems. Reciting it for the press does not either. People do. Right now, I have no belief in the ability of GEJ to solve our problems. It is business as usual. We need a team that is not afraid to have enemies in order to set things right. I do not like Buhari personally. But a Buhari - Bakare is better than a GEJ -Sambo.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by tlops(m): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2011
I do hope we have a political debate: team GEJ and Team Buhari, The we can conclude.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
Ideologies become useless when its impact its not felt by the common man.

How has PDP's ideologies translated to a better Nigeria
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by juman(m): 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2011

An ideology is a set of ideas that constitutes one's goals, expectations, and actions. An ideology can be thought of as a comprehensive vision, as a way of looking at things (compare worldview), as in common sense (see Ideology in everyday society below) and several philosophical tendencies (see Political ideologies), or a set of ideas proposed by the dominant class of a society to all members of this society (a "received consciousness" or product of socialization). The main purpose behind an ideology is to offer either change in society, or adherence to a set of ideals where conformity already exists, through a normative thought process. Ideologies are systems of abstract thought applied to public matters and thus make this concept central to politics. Implicitly every political tendency entails an ideology whether or not it is propounded as an explicit system of thought. It is how society sees things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology

So Pastor Bakare ideology is:

The purpose of government is the welfare of the people of the country. That is the priority of government. That people’s needs are met; that we ensure there is security. That is the ideology of the hour. With all the billions voted for security, we see the insecurity in our land. That must stop. Corruption must not continue to eat into the fabric of our nation. The central ideology is that Nigeria must be saved. It must be changed and become great in our lifetime and the people of this country must not continue to suffer in the midst of plenty. Whatever policies, whatever programme we are putting in place would be articulated in our contract with Nigeria so that they know that it is not about us; it is not about title; it is not about popularity but the people of this country.

But, certainly CPC will lose the election without any doubt.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by ekubear1: 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2011
Bakare is pretty good. I'm impressed.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2011
akyns:

Ideologies become useless when its impact its not felt by the common man.

How has PDP's ideologies translated to a better Nigeria

PDP party have never proclaimed to have any ideology. The Party has been more the anywhere bele face party of the last 12 years.
Tokotaya:

Ideology does not solve problems. Reciting it for the press does not either. People do. Right now, I have no belief in the ability of GEJ to solve our problems. It is business as usual. We need a team that is not afraid to have enemies in order to set things right. I do not like Buhari personally. But a Buhari - Bakare is better than a GEJ -Sambo.

No they do not solve problems but they certainly give one something to work towards; Something to look forward to and to be held to by the people. We need ideologies at this time --- we need not only people who have them but parties who hold strong to them and do not deviate from them willy-nilly.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by birdman(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2011
I for one detest Buhari, but in a democratic dispensation, his excesses will be curbed. I wouldn't be surprised if he had tried behind the scenes to get an SE heavyweight like Utomi. Thing is SE politicians are not really sure what the want right now. If you want to gain power, you must be willing to compromise within reason a la Ribadu, or Bakare or Buhari. At this point, EVERYONE knows Jonathan's hands are not clean regarding Niger delta. It is obvious as day he has connections with a faction of those militants.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Donmeca(m): 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

It ought to be considering we have had 12 years of PDP during which the country has been taken 2 steps forward and over 10 steps backwards. I think Defeating PDP should be all the motivation we need to vote some other party.

u erred here madam. Defeating PDP is not good enof a mo for me to vote in another potential looter-in-chief of a party. We shud not be moving for movt sake. . .we shud look b4 leaping. voting out PDP and voting in a worse group is too bad!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2011
Donmeca:

u erred here madam. Defeating PDP is not good enof a mo for me to vote in another potential looter-in-chief of a party. We shud not be moving for movt sake. . .we shud look b4 leaping. voting out PDP and voting in a worse group is too bad!

Problem is we cannot continue to remain where we are today, so we need to move somehow. Even if At this point, the only movement is to change looters-in-chief, it is movement that is necessary since allowing the current looters-in-chief continue any longer will only mean CEMENTING their hold on the country and making it exponentially harder to remove them later on.

I don't believe any group out there can be worse than PDP at this point. I say that because even in Nigeria, it takes time to grasp as much power as one wants and no other party has had as much time as the PDP has had at that game.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by udezue(m): 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Jason2010, I'm sorry.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by banom(m): 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2011
This man don follow corner corner, Nobody to pastor to social and political critique now to Vp , dey go embezzle our money, that is what we call Grand strategy. weldon oga Bakare , we Niga people sabi your trick.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2011
Banom you be correct mumu

where u there when he became pastor? where you there when he decided to march on the street of abuja for yardua to hand over to jonathan. what have you in your entire life don for this country. the man steal your papa money

so daft a person. i see why GEJ and his 40 corrupt thieves are so comfortable in abuja because a clueless, corrupt you are flocking and licking their booth.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by kosoro: 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
Well, these presidential aspirants need to get out there and start doing meaningful campaigning. We have about two months to go and we have not even witnessed a single live debate among the presidential front-runners not to talk of the other elected office-seekers! I still don't know where these guys stand on issues and I'm sure a lot of the electorate are like that. This is grave deservice to the Nigerian people - this is mediocre ("amala"wink politics. i wonder what the people will be voting on come election day. we need to start hearing what, how, and when they plan turning Nigerians fate around. We need specifics - not general statements of "oh, i will solve power problem in two years" - how?. "I will improve education system and make it affordable to the poor". "I will overhaul the ailing healthcare delivery system". How? We need specifics so we can see who has a feasible genuine plan and intentions and who is just making bogus claims or promises. And their various agendas can be subjected to criticisms by the voting public and experts. Nigerians need to go to the polls informed. The media should help set up debates and all that. We need to start seeing polls on issues the Nigerian people care about most as they prepare to go the polls. Now!!!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by yommyuk: 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2011
Ideology in it's totality may make some sense but when it comes to specifics, the concept does not hold much water in  today's political arena.
Today's politics is about reaching out to those whom you will not normally deal with. That is the way forward.

In my opinion, Buhari has made a wise move. cool
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by ozolity(m): 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2011
Bakare can we trust U? Are u not like your collegues,
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by onyeokwu: 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2011
yoruba with their betrayal when gej clinch the position of presidency you Yorubas were singing gej is the messiah because obj anointed him  and his gov will work in Yoruba favor thinking that igbos will go the other way round to support a northerner for guys
but we igbos re not like you guys
some of you here were among the people that criticized buhari that buhari is this and that now that buhari turned out to pick one of your own he is now the messiah the man that has the magi hand to turn nigeria to paradise
is it not the same tunde bakare who criticized buhari that he is a tired and old fashion politician who doesn't  have anything to offer Nigeria happened to be the dog that goes back to its vomit
i just dey laugh  grin grin grin
am not even surprise
mark my word obj will still do the same thing bakare did he will soon dump gej like the way he did to umuru to sing praise the lord some body to buhari or any other northerner yorabas are not to be trusted
this is an eye opener to my brothers in niger delta
you guy shouldn't jubilate that igbos were defeated in biafra war rather you were the one defeated and they brainwashed guys the the reason igbo fought the was was to grab your land and dominate you then let me ask in nigeria today who is dominate who ? what is hapening in jos  which regions in nigeria has  the highest oil blocks in niger delta? they devastated and polluted your land kill and maim your women and innocent children
yes the coup was plan by igbos to install a yoruba infidel  awolowo who turned out to stab igbos at back its hard to believe but we leave it for history to judge

the same game that happen in 1966 is still happening today hausa and yorubas had concrete agreement that power will never go back to eastern region
remember the prophecy that gej will win pdp primary but he will never win the election because he will be betrayed and its happening now
he can only win in the eastern region but north and west never

yes we igbos rally around gej  because we understand the game plan between the west and the north to hold eastern region down and the only person that can stop this menance is a person from that region what is happening in ss we igbos doesn't like it and we doesn't take part in what is happening there because if there is earthquake or tsunami in niger delta   igbos will bear the responsibility then it will be to your tent oh isreal  iyamiri and  eleyi omo Igbo ni nobody will remeber ss as a region
buhari is the messiah for the west and gej is evil
well am not surprised leopard can never change its spot
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by marvix(m): 10:18pm On Feb 05, 2011
The Buhari/Bakare option can only excite the polity.

Truly votes will count but Buhari will finally lose gallantly.

It is nice to see a lot of team Ribadu candidates opt for Buhari, this is where Ribadu is supposed to play his joker, honourably step down pledge his alleigance to Buhari, go for to his senatorial district and contest with full support for Buhari.

I am so certain Buhari will lose because of an observation from one of the members on this forum, he said the million fools out number the wise ones, so if all the fools go the foolish way of voting Jonathan, Including me the number 1 fool and all the sensible wise minority vote Buhari, the end result is that Jonathan wins I only hope that the sensible wise ones will accept the democratic results.

The real reason why Jonathan will win is because the system favours his winning, the beneficiaries of corruption far out number those who have not benefited from corruption, elections are not won just by name or popularity, I am in Portharcourt the only adverts for the presidency i hear of is Goodluck ebele Jonathan, that is the same every where, the other opponents are still choosing vice president and their only campaign manifesto is that PDP has not achieved anything for the nation in the last 12yrs.

My question has always been that is the PDP of 1999 the same as the PDP we have today, while the PDP has tried to clean up its mess and reorganise itself and we are even having new face in the PDP polity, the old disgruntled elite who benefitted from the PDP rot in one way or the other are shouting pull the PDP down.

In the 2011 elections I am not voting any party I am voting individuals and the individuals sure of my vote as at today is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and Rotimi Ameachi, just Imagine a Sekibo running against Amaechi and telling me to vote out PDP that must be a JOKE!!!, when did he leave the PDP, when did Alaibe leave the PDP, the Tinubu asks everyone to vote against PDP while he sends his wife, daughter, son-in-law and other family members to elective offices.

The PDP is the only entity that resembles a political party in this country because in a party you expect to have every shade of character and not a one man show. Today jonathan calls the shot but if Ribadu works his way up in the PDP he will also call the shots, but in the ACN Tinubu had to be appeased to allow Fashola a second term if only to preserve his dynasty, If Fashola had been a failure it would still have been at the discretion of Tinubu to either replace him or keep him or would he be able to replace his wife if they fail.

Peeps PDP is not our problem individuals are and Jonathan definitely is not one of those individuals!!!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by kosoro: 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
yommyuk:

Ideology in it's totality may make some sense but when it comes to specifics, the concept does not hold much water in  today's political arena.
Today's politics is about reaching out to those whom you will not normally deal with. That is the way forward.

In my opinion, Buhari has made a wise move. cool

My concern is not about the choice of Bakare. My concern is about what the ticket has to offer Nigerians and this what we should be dwelling on. As long as you meet the Nigerian constitutional requirements for the office of the president of the FRN, you can run. But the electorate need to know what they have to offer. Let's stop dwelling on trivialities like "how can pastor run for office". We should be concerned with "how can this pastor solve the problems facing nigerians". We should care less about their religious affiliations and ask if these guys will uphold the freedom to choose and practice whatever religion you choose as an individual. I'm talking about issues here and not trivialities. I ask that you do one thing: please ask yourself if you know where all these presidential candidates stand on on issues that affect nigerians and how they plan (i mean specifics) on solving them. I'd be glad if you could enlighten me on this. I do need this before going to the polls.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 10:22pm On Feb 05, 2011
Onye-Ekwu

A long piece but I will advise you to wait till inec release the confirmed figure, then you will know That only the North East and North West alone holds like 41% of voting population. south south and south east is not even up to 30%.

The north matters, and the south west. they hold the ace, wake up.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2011
@ Marvix

Obama could as well say 'I can't beat the wife of a former American President and the most favourite for that matter!'

Why dont you just cast your vote!

And let me tell you, take it or leave it, Buhari will win North west, North east, Part of North central and some votes like mine in south east.

Worst case scenario, no clear winner in this election, but Buhari will come tops, i bet you.

The poor, heavily populated masses of the north and the small enlightened electorate of the south west south east and even south south will deliver for Buhari.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2011
with Chuba Okadigbo in 2003 he scored 12 million votes in a PDP heavily rigged election, in 2007 he ran with the useless Ume-Ezeoke, he scored 6 million votes in more heavily rigged pdp elections. a man who had 19 million votes in 2 unfair elections cannot be underestimated my friend, especially now that we dat never considered Buhari in 2003 and 2007 are now doing so.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by tlops(m): 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2011
ozolity:

Bakare can we trust U? Are u not like your collegues,

Yes we Can!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by onyeokwu: 10:40pm On Feb 05, 2011
if rago and malu and ghosts were not counted in north east and northwest
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2011
how many igbos get 2 wives 10 children. bros, stop believing that fantasy even my father painted to me on northern population. they marry many wives, get many children. atiku the educated one has 5 wives and 27 children. this is the secret of their population my friend.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2011
onye_okwu:

yoruba with their betrayal when gej clinch the position of presidency you Yorubas were singing gej is the messiah because obj anointed him  and his gov will work in Yoruba favor thinking that igbos will go the other way round to support a northerner for guys
but we igbos re not like you guys
some of you here were among the people that criticized buhari that buhari is this and that now that buhari turned out to pick one of your own he is now the messiah the man that has the magi hand to turn nigeria to paradise
is it not the same tunde bakare who criticized buhari that he is a tired and old fashion politician who doesn't  have anything to offer Nigeria happened to be the dog that goes back to its vomit
i just dey laugh  grin grin grin
am not even surprise
mark my word obj will still do the same thing bakare did he will soon dump gej like the way he did to umuru to sing praise the lord some body to buhari or any other northerner yorabas are not to be trusted
this is an eye opener to my brothers in niger delta
you guy shouldn't jubilate that igbos were defeated in biafra war rather you were the one defeated and they brainwashed guys the the reason igbo fought the was was to grab your land and dominate you then let me ask in nigeria today who is dominate who ? what is hapening in jos  which regions in nigeria has  the highest oil blocks in niger delta? they devastated and polluted your land kill and maim your women and innocent children
yes the coup was plan by igbos to install a yoruba infidel  awolowo who turned out to stab igbos at back its hard to believe but we leave it for history to judge

the same game that happen in 1966 is still happening today hausa and yorubas had concrete agreement that power will never go back to eastern region
remember the prophecy that gej will win pdp primary but he will never win the election because he will be betrayed and its happening now
he can only win in the eastern region but north and west never

yes we igbos rally around gej  because we understand the game plan between the west and the north to hold eastern region down and the only person that can stop this menance is a person from that region what is happening in ss we igbos doesn't like it and we doesn't take part in what is happening there because if there is earthquake or tsunami in niger delta   igbos will bear the responsibility then it will be to your tent oh isreal  iyamiri and  eleyi omo Igbo ni nobody will remeber ss as a region
buhari is the messiah for the west and gej is evil
well am not surprised leopard can never change its spot

Oh my Lawd! Who is this foolish person?? How did OBJ's support (an currently is still supporting him) translate to yorubas are for or against GEJ? How, I ask How did awolowo (God bless his soul) come into this situation or thread What makes you think that all yorubas are now against GEJ
Guy, you better go to church tomorrow so that your foolishness can be cured!
FOOLISH BOY!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 8th Senate Launches Chatbot Service To Showcase Tenure Activities / 59th Independence Day: How Is The Celebration In Your Side? / The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Now A Reality-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.