Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP (8652 Views)

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes / 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by ASANIGBO(m): 5:41am On Feb 05, 2011
Pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare, surprised Nigerians recently when he agreed to be the running mate of General Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), in forthcoming general elections. Nigerians know him as a fiery preacher with many devoted followers.

The preacher made his way into national politics, as the convener of the Save Nigerian Group (ANG), when the late President Umar Yar’Adua was ill and receiving treatment in Saudi Arabia. He led men and women to protest, on the streets of Abuja and Lagos, over what he saw as a vacuum in the Presidency.

In this interview, Bakare justified his decision to pair with Buhari in the April presidential election. Revealed how Buhari called to offer  him the position of a running mate, he said he was initially reluctant but later changed his mind, after consulting with people who have a stake in his life.

The pastor is confident that Nigerians would embrace the social contract the CPC is offering the people. He challenged the PDP presidential and vice presidential candidates to a television debates. It is also his prayers that the progressives in Nigeria would come together to face the PDP at the general elections.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/05/national-05-02-2011-001.htm

Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 11:57am On Feb 05, 2011
Best interview of 2011. The presidential debate has been won already!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by MaJBlige(f): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2011
is this all is to a debate?

How will you put food on the table of the needy- no idea.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
Voting out your corrupt GEJ and stamping out corruption will spread the national wealth to the poor.

I am dumbfounded you didn't get that in the interview. what a pity
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Beaf: 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

is this all is to a debate?

How will you put food on the table of the needy- no idea.

Exactly! It was a rambling display of political entropy. This was how he began answering a question on what CPC's ideology is:

What is the ideology of CPC? How do you integrate yourself into the system?
We talk about ideology, as if we are still polarising the world. I am talking about eastern world and western world, as if we are talking about capitalism and communism. Time has moved beyond that. . .

Hellooooo? shocked

Whoever heard of a political party or movement without an ideology? We have played the "try your luck" game in Nigeria with various clueless leaders in the past and ended up on a journey to nowhere. Thank goodness for GEJ.

For Bakare's info, politics without ideology is like reading the map for the fastest route to chaos, despondency, poverty, developmental inertia and societal anaemia.
Out of ideology springs focus, direction and effective strategy.

Bakare might be a good social critic, but in the political field, he is already displaying an alarming emptiness.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2011
You be correct mumu, beaf

Where in the world is ideology practised again? even the Labour party (under Tony Blair) and Democrats (under Clinton and now Obama) have moved from extreme left to the centre, the David Camerons of this world also know extreme conservatism do not work again. China, being the biggest Communist country has released its economy to capitalism while the government till remains a communist!

You don't seem to get it. and I wonder if Jonathan with his PHD can even say half of what you are challenging.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Beaf: 1:26pm On Feb 05, 2011
Genbuhari3:

You be correct mumu, beaf

Where in the world is ideology practised again? even the Labour party (under Tony Blair) and Democrats (under Clinton and now Obama) have moved from extreme left to the centre, the David Camerons of this world also know extreme conservatism do not work again. China, being the biggest Communist country has released its economy to capitalism while the government till remains a communist!

You don't seem to get it. and I wonder if Jonathan with his PHD can even say half of what you are challenging.

What do the terms left, right and center mean in politics; are they not ideological positions? I really wonder at some people on NL! If you don't know the fundamentals of politics, why are you here in the politics section? Whay not stick to areas that require zero brain power like romance and sexuality?
When you have educated yourself, return and we'll have the debate; right now, you are totally confused and absolutely lost.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2011
and when the credible, amiable pastor said: We talk about ideology, as if we are still polarising the world. I am talking about eastern world and western world, as if we are talking about capitalism and communism. Time has moved beyond that. The purpose of government is the welfare of the people of the country. That is the priority of government. That people’s needs are met; that we ensure there is security. That is the ideology of the hour. With all the billions voted for security, we see the insecurity in our land

I am sure that did not tell you that governments of today adopts a mix of both (left & right = center). Your brains are weak!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Beaf: 1:46pm On Feb 05, 2011
Genbuhari3:

and when the credible, amiable pastor said: We talk about ideology, as if we are still polarising the world. I am talking about eastern world and western world, as if we are talking about capitalism and communism. Time has moved beyond that. The purpose of government is the welfare of the people of the country. That is the priority of government. That people’s needs are met; that we ensure there is security. That is the ideology of the hour. With all the billions voted for security, we see the insecurity in our land

I am sure that did not tell you that governments of today adopts a mix of both (left & right = center). Your brains are weak!

You simply do not know what an ideology is. What you describe is called, anywhere bele face politics. If you do not have an ideology, you do not have a plan; its as simple as that.
Nigerians are tired of guesswork, cluelessness and abracadabra. Ideology is a roadmap every politician must carry as a sword, it isn't some nebulous concept of "left and right."
In fact, a person without an ideology as guide is 100% clueless about the meanings of left and right. Buhari and Bakare are politicians without an ideology that have no roots and are blowing in the wind; Nigeria has no use for such at this epochal juncture in our history. Thank goodness for GEJ.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2011
Brainless beaf!

so what about principles? you can as well lecture me on that?

and do remember to lecture me on GEJ's ideology, or maybe the PDP.

I will ignore youyour subsequent posts as you are taking my valuable time.

No wonder you remain the most hated political contributor on nairaland!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by unipol(m): 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2011
this man is a genius. all these idealogy is bullshit. fix the security and eliminate corruption, that is all nigeria needed.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by emekasd: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2011
any people, nation, organisation, company, corporation without an ideology is like a ship without a rudder although there might be  a captain. ideology is the reason companies have mission and vision statements, it is also the reason why countries have national anthems. you cannot as a nation move forward without a national ideology, it does not work, there must be something guiding you, either its a belief system or anything else, so 2 u all beefing beaf, it is said, better to keep ur mouth shut and be taught as a fool rather than speak and confirm it,
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by unipol(m): 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2011
emekasd:

any people, nation, organisation, company, corporation without an ideology is like a ship without a rudder although there might be a captain. ideology is the reason companies have mission and vision statements, it is also the reason why countries have national anthems. you cannot as a nation move forward without a national ideology, it does not work, there must be something guiding you, either its a belief system or anything else, so 2 u all beefing beaf, it is said, better to keep your mouth shut and be taught as a fool rather than speak and confirm it,
our national anthem is a mockery of our nation and our national direction likewise most of what you call ideology. we have heard those theories more than one million times but we have not seen any change in our country.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2011
Why do I suspect that Bakare is to also to be Buhari's mouthpiece. undecided
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason2010(m): 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2011
This is one heck of an alliance Buhari/Bakare (classic alliance to be precise). However, how da heck are they gonna sell this to the average south south and Igbo man that hasn't had the opportunity to see one of their's run this country.

Regardless I am voting Buhari all the way, because I believe that he is the one that will go retroactive on all the corrupt politicians including OBJ and IBB. To hell with the GEJ's "lets move forward and forget the past" sh-t. We definitely need someone that can go back and probe these corrupt folks, and I believe that Buhari or Ribadu can effectively do that. I know people do not expect GEJ to probe his father (OBJ) or even proba anybody that has anything to do with PDP. Here is an example why I do not trust GEJ, Check this link out http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8303381/WikiLeaks-cables-Nigeria-pressured-UK-to-drop-charges-against-politician.html. For Chris/Allah sake they are not going to minimize corruption, it is simply going to be business as usual. That means that IBB and a lot of folks are gonna go free.

BUT I foresee non yorubas and non Housas playing the tribal cards on this one. I wish we can look pass this tribal sh-t and vote these men in? Vote mentally and not sentimentally
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by udezue(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2011
Beaf, IS ACTUALLY RIGHT.

If you don't know what ideology is and the role it plays in politics then you know nothing about politics.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by udezue(m): 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2011
@jason,

You are simply voting for buhari because he picked some Yoruba chap as his running mate so quit trying to act like there was nothing tribal about your decision. You people are already known for believing anything Yoruba even if Hitler na the ring leader.

Buhari ruled Nigeria before and if he could not perform his magic back then in his prime he sure can't do it now at his old age. No to all these political nincompoops with no ideology.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason2010(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Udezue,

Nwanne there was absolutely nothing tribal about me suggesting Buhari. I be pure Aba boy, and ano m on ground in 9ja nwanne. Nna GEJ agaghi a savu 9ja from our mess. Mind you, Buhari/Idiagbon regime wasn't bad at all if you can remember. If you were not around then, Ju ndi be unu di older in age that were around then. I really don't blame una wey dey diaspora (as your location "downsouth" suggest (GA, TX, LA, FL etc)), because una no know wetin dey happen for 9ja. Na we dey suffer this PDP 12 years mess. Una just sidon for laptop dey assume and type. I am not trying to offend you neither abeg. But please screw the sentimental sh-t and plug the hole with Buhari
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by ayubam: 4:32pm On Feb 05, 2011
From this post, I can see the ideology clearly stated= The Welfare of the People and steps towards achieving that clearly stated few which are Stamping out corruption, Transparency in Governance, Infrastructural program with timelines, in fact he mentioned a contract with the people.

ALL B/B HATERS AND POLITICAL SPECTATORS,

1. For the past 12 years, what can you summarize as the PDP's Ideology?
2. What is the Ideology of other Political Parties put together?
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by udezue(m): 4:33pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Jason,

Aint u supposed to itsekiri / Yoruba? When the hell did u evolve into Igbo?
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by ayubam: 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2011
ayubam:

From this post, I can see the ideology clearly stated= The Welfare of the People and steps towards achieving that clearly stated few which are Stamping out corruption, Transparency in Governance, Infrastructural program with timelines, in fact he mentioned a contract with the people.

ALL B/B HATERS AND POLITICAL SPECTATORS,

1. For the past 12 years, what can you summarize as the PDP's Ideology?
2. What is the Ideology of other Political Parties put together?

@ Udeze, Beaf and others, answer these questions.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason2010(m): 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Udezue,

nwanne abugi m Jason123. My screen name bu Jason2010. I believe you are mistaken me for Jason123. Either way make sure you vote mentally by voting Buhari. Maybe you need to come back home and stay here for 3 months so you will understand what I mean by PDP mess.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2011
Pastor i am and still remain a serious fan of yours' but this new development has left me baffled, u are running with Buhari as his V.P? pls go back and listen to all your own past messages over the years from O.B.J's tenure through, u are even the one who cautioned pastor Okotie when he came out under the f.r.e.s.h and now you are now sort contra
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by udezue(m): 4:50pm On Feb 05, 2011
Ayubam,

PDP has no ideology. I am not a supporter of PDP but between GEJ and Jihadist Buhari, I will rather take the lesser evil.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jason123: 4:55pm On Feb 05, 2011
udezue:

@jason,

You are simply voting for buhari because he picked some Yoruba chap as his running mate so quit trying to act like there was nothing tribal about your decision. You people are already known for believing anything Yoruba even if Hitler na the ring leader.

Buhari ruled Nigeria before and if he could not perform his magic back then in his prime he sure can't do it now at his old age. No to all these political nincompoops with no ideology.

You are the one that is playing the tribal card here.
First of all, your Jason2010 is igbo but I guess you did not see it since you have been blinded by tribalism.SMH
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by miqos02(m): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2011
so can someone tell me PDP's ideology and how nigeria has benefited from it in 12 years.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by InesQor(m): 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2011
Subscribing
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by 3kay945(m): 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2011
miqos02:

so can someone tell me PDP's ideology and how nigeria has benefited from it in 12 years.
so you mind them! they never had and will never have,  let the foolsss keep supporting GEJ and the PDP, is because they never learnt anything or they re just among the corrupt beneficiary.  NIGERIA deserves the leaders they get , THE FOOLS ARE MILLIONS MORE THAN THE RIGHT THINKING ONES.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by ayubam: 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2011
udezue:

Ayubam,

PDP has no ideology. I am not a supporter of PDP but between GEJ and Jihadist Buhari, I will rather take the lesser evil.

Can u now see you are the one who is not objective in this case. You call Buhari a Jihadist and yet he has chosen to be working with his driver who is a christian for the past 10years. I think the problem about you is either the corrupt practices you have done in the past or  your corrupt tendencies are hunting you. Thus, you are afraid a man with Zero Tolerance for corruption and considered he will be too dangerous for your past and tendencies. Stop playing the religion con game. You are a real enemy of Nigeria.

The Master bombers who were alleged for independent day bombings and those drumming beat of wars have now started signing agreement with your GEJ and you are not bordered? Your era of corruption has expired and all the hooligans will be chased out of power.

When the new Nigeria is borne, we will surely extend our hands of love and forgiveness to you enemies of progress but you would have missed the opportunity of satisfying your conscience that YOU STOOD FOR THE RIGHT COURSE WHEN IT MATTERS MOST. Then, you will live with that regret forever.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by miqos02(m): 5:44pm On Feb 05, 2011
being an imam,pastor is not my problem,i am okay with anyone (YES ANYONE)who can provide electricity,good roads,quality education.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by alphabet43(m): 5:48pm On Feb 05, 2011
That formula is worn out. A clueless northerner and a puppet money hungry mumu yoruba man. They have no clue when it come to governing. 'Defeating PDP' is not good enough as motivation to run or attract voters.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by 3kay945(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2011
NIGERIA STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO,,,, if am to use NL as sample and to draw conclusion on the thinking of nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PICTURES : IPOB Holds Rally In Asaba, Demands Restoration Of Biafra / Buhari Likely To Dissolve Cabinet As FEC Final Session Holds On Monday / 59th Independence Day: How Is The Celebration In Your Side?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.