Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP (8660 Views)

Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. / BREAKING: Osinbajo Emerges As Buhari VP - DailyTimes / 'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Tokotaya: 7:54am On Feb 07, 2011
@ kobojunkie. I do agree that ideology gives direction, gives everyone an idea of what the agenda is, what we can expect and not expect etc. But, my point is, the best ideology does not help if the people only recite it without any willingness or competence to execute it. And from the interview Bakare granted, he quite made himself clear about what his beliefs are and what to expect from his party. If he can deliver that, Nigeria will be a better place for us all. And I personally think his ticket is more believable than GEJ-Sambo ticket.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Mr555: 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2011
Please let us put aside tribalism, sectionalism and what ever. We should look at how we can join hand and move this country forward because this [b]SO CALLED PEE DEE PEE ABOUT 12 YEARS NOW ORNARY ELECTRICITY THAT IS AVAILABE AND UNINTERRUPTED AND STABLE 24/7 IN THE MOST POOREST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD CAN NOT BE STABLE FOR GOOD 5 HOURS IN NIGERIA.

[b]IN FACT I CAN EVEN SAY IS A SHAME TO CALL YOURSELF NIGERIAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Wadeoye(m): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2011
@Obaatala, you are very wrong when you said Buhari was doing selective persecution of looters during his military rule.

Do you know Imaru Dikko? Is Imaru Dikko a Westerner, Easternal or South Southerner? Do you know how this guy was to be "parcel-ed" into the country from UK?

You need to open up your mind and analyse issues objectively if this country must move forward.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by JimmyBoy1: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2011
In a free and fair election, Buhari and Bakare is the winning team, my vote goes to them.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by alldone(m): 5:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
well, when exactly did bakare join cpc?
i belief in building a house with solid foundation. idiagbon control the buhari led government because it was a milliatry era, Bakare wont make any difference because they are strange bed fellows.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by vislabraye(m): 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2011
Good, He says God asked him to run. Well, he has the right to run as a Nigerian, but as a preacher ? The apostles of old refused to leave ministration of the word of God for serving table ( Book of Acts ). It would be better if Bakare throws his weight behind a good xtian especially from Save Nigeria Group, He is running and Pat Utomi is running. It doesnt make sense.

Pls join GENERATE SUPPORT FOR YOUR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE on Facebook, just type the group nameon ur search bar, its an online platform designed to for supportter to speak on why their candidates should be voted in, thanks
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by JimmyBoy1: 11:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
We should not forget that God's original for israel was that they should be led by his prophets. They were called judges, samuel and deborah were examples. So nothing wron about pastor bakare's decision to join politics.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by caringchi(f): 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2011
i know some people are just sentimental with the title:pastor and name:Bakare

nigeria is not a church but a country, thus, should be handled so

any candidate without idealogy is not a politician and might not have direction

if God tells u, that u will be president, pls ask Him, WHEN?

i support Jonathan, not cos of PDP but i support the individual
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by 10cirenoh: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2011
caringchi:

So did he just become a pastor today or what are you saying? he's been pastor for more than 10 years now, just because he wants to help reshape your useless country, you're here saying rubbish about his calling and his name. bird of a feather, suffering and smiling useless people.

And is Nigeria a school that mr zoologist turned opportunist turned puppet of a Jonathan trying to ruin?

Does Jonathan and the whole of PDP have anything close to ideology? since 12yrs of pdp, can you tell us their ideology?

And did he tell you God told him he's going to be president? do you have problem with comprehension? show me where he said God told him to be president. hope you didn't go to school? please tell me you didn't go, so i can excuse your ignorance.

Yes, you support Jonathan because you don't have a mind of your own, don't know what you want, either do you even know what a president is suppose to represent to those he's leading.

Una deserve the corrupt politicians una don dey get since this useless country became independent. a common lecturer having an asset worth billions of naira just within a short period of becoming a D.G, G and VP.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Feb 08, 2011
caringchi:

OMGosh!!! shocked You got all that to make sense to you I could not even figure out the beginning of end of it  . . . .  and when I got to the part where you reveal you support Jonathan, I immediately realized what this was probably all born out of . . . . lol grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

NB: The individual, Jonathan, is himself not an IDEOLOGICAL MAN, except if you count belief in LUCK a valid one.

Also, the word CHANGE is not an ideology! Mantras are not ideologies either!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by obataala(m): 10:22am On Feb 09, 2011
Wadeoye:

@Obaatala, you are very wrong when you said Buhari was doing selective persecution of looters during his military rule.

Do you know Imaru Dikko? Is Imaru Dikko a Westerner, Easternal or South Southerner? Do you know how this guy was to be "parcel-ed" into the country from UK?

You need to open up your mind and analyse issues objectively if this country must move forward.
Umaru Dikko was the transport minister,a northerner who was singled out and remained the major case from northern perpetrators,he was dispensable.He fled to the uk and intelligence were sent after him,caught and cased like a cargo and was to be haulled b4 the authorities discovered the content of the case.That act was brave abt his administration but the man his what shakes my confidence not abt a clouded mind.he was to timid,media shy and possibly naive abt what governance entails,nothing can be said good abt someone who anticlocked the time of the country and jeopadized our common destiny.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by 10cirenoh: 11:31am On Feb 09, 2011
^^^^^

So what are you trying to say? that GEJ has more balls than Buhari in tackling corruption? undecided

Give me a straight answer and reasons, i don't want stories.
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by jpphilips(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ obatala

I would have said something to you but reading, your post, i knew there is something wrong somewhere so personally i don't care to find out. only if you have the least inkling of the kinda research i did on buhari spanning from his school days, to his military days, colleagues which convinced me beyond every reasonable doubt.
you wont understand why i changed my profile.

Thank God the likes of Alphabet43,beaf et al are not even in the country as such they are neither eligible to register nor vote, perhaps you guys can delude GEJ that he has online votes no wonder he spends more time on facebook (even when jos burns). bottom line if corruption managed to catapult you guys overseas, don't bother coming back else our reformed police under Buhari and Bakare will check you into the nearest prison.

It seems you dont understand my view. Firstly, politicians are liars, agreed! but I really want you to weigh certainties in the midst of uncertainties.

During Buhari military regime, things were enforced and people were controlled. The then military governors who took direct order from Idiagbon/Buhari dared not misbehave because of miitary powers above. Now, 2011, we are in democratic government where state govt drag issues with federal in court and etc.

Buhari cannot key-in considering the level challenges we have now. Though he can state in principle what is obtainable but I dont see them being implemented in one term. Even Bakare cannot withstand the heat of the polity.

GEJ will set us on the right track, then the messiah we come thereafter. Though GEJ may not successfully execute all promises but the standard will be set. Open-mined and sincere hearts will join politics by his virtue. Then the messiah will come.Even now, his dispensation has made people to focus on our politics unlike when some dogmatic self-centred miscreants were ruling us.

Am sorry to say this, Buhari group cannot make this changes now maybe 2015 he will

[b]whoever made the above comment is either in prison or in a deliverance session.

you don't see them making a change in one term because PDP tells you otherwise, because a daft like OBJ tells you that "free and fair election is a mirage". same who said he doesn't know why we shouldn't buy petrol at 100 bucks because we can afford two bottles of beer. same who told us that steady light is not attainable and you believe that gay?

what a myopic mind like you don't see is that the problems of this country is man made and it doesn't take rocket science to solve.

let me give you an example,

what will it take to call for a national conference? don't you know that if the FG wants it this weekend, by friday all stakeholders will be there.
if they reach a compromise for immunity to be es-ponged from the constitution by Monday. and the books of Theodore orji is opened on Friday, how is it impossible for him to be on awaiting trial by Saturday the next week.

except for kobojunkie and a few realistic minds, the rest (especially the ones abroad) are mere asinine or literary daft.

Are you saying that if a serving governor makes it to kirikiri in less than a month that the rest will still be corrupt?

i have said this for the upteenth time if you are a governor and you run out of ideas, just celebrate your office and leave our money intact pending when someone with ideas turn up.

what do you think will turn the police around?

A disciplinary committee is set up for police affairs and a member of the BB team becomes the head, passing your street you bring forth evidence of police brutality or corruption and the next day you hear that the officer is dismissed do you think we will still be having pot bellied officers?

How long do you think it will take the presidential task force to be making deductions from seating allowances of senators (for the ones that never seat) and channel it to UBE as bonuses for the primary school teachers?

you seem not to understand this country at all.

How long do you think it will take to place embargo on employment for all companies, where the FG sets up an agency like JAMB or WAEC (something similar to that). once you graduate, you write their exam in line with your field and a score point is issued to you. your name enters a data base.
if a company needs an Engr for instance, they refer to the agency who recommends high score people for employment,
a duo of experienced data base and trainee database, now, tell me why our brilliant youths will not be getting jobs by merit?

same can be likened to all the problems of this country, the solution to our problems are not far fetched but the hooligans in power(PDP) have refused blatantly to do the right thing.

My only happiness is that majority of GEJ's supporters are not eligible voters. BB all the way,

the messiah will come when? lol dont sound like the pharasees, the messiah is here already, all they need is your vote,
the time for change is now, the time to have good roads is now, the time to have polite officers is now,the time to have jobs and economic emancipation is now, the time for good health care delivery is now.
lastly the time to jail IBB, OBJ and Atiku is now.

who said Nigeria is cursed?

[/b]
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by 10cirenoh: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^

My God bless you!
Re: Bakare: What I Won’t Take As Buhari’s VP by Genbuhari3: 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2011
another blessing from me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The North Is Regrouping Already...south West Might Be Left Behind / 59th Independence Day: How Is The Celebration In Your Side? / Nigeria’s 26 Power Plants’ Capacity Drops By 70%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.