Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,650 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Daniel Declares War On Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daniel Declares War On Obj (6006 Views)

Wailers Got It Wrong Again On Obj's Comment / Gov Ganduje Declares War On Kwankwaso / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel Declares War On Obj by ASANIGBO(m): 6:01am On Feb 07, 2011
Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel yesterday declared war on former President Olusegun Obasanjo over the intractable crisis rocking the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.

A Federal High Court sitting in Abeokuta had last Friday reserved ruling on an ex parte motion order brought before it by Governor Daniel and others indefinitely on who between him and Obasanjo would present the governorship candidate and others.

Daniel, who made the public declaration during the inauguration of campaign committees held at the Government House in Abeokuta, said: “We are fighting the last fight, we have started this war since 2006, and I want you to shine your eyes.”

He said he had done everything humanly possible to appease the Obasanjo faction of the party in the state, yet, the camp had remained difficult: “Therefore, the stage the situation gets now, you cannot be in the river and complain of cold.” He further alleged that there was a calculated plot by the Obasanjo faction to truncate his administration. “We have used everything to appease them, yet, they are adamant and want to use power against us.”

Daniel added that those pushing Tunji Olurin to become governor, knew that he could not win election even in his Ilaro town. “We are in a marathon war, and in this particular fight, we will fight it to logical conclusion. They even used opposition media to fight us, an indication that they are working together with opposition party to destroy our party and later move out,’’ he declared.

While alleging that political war against him started in 2006 with the stealing of his vouchers at the Governor’s Office which was meant to implicate him, Daniel also recalled that a number of his cabinet members were quizzed by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), but eventually came out clean.

“Those who steal vouchers to nail me, where are they today? We were harassed and intimidated, but God was on our side. I am not personally surprised with what we are witnessing today, you should not be shocked, because of what we have been facing.

The governor boasted that his faction would produce all candidates to contest the elections. “I want to assure you that by May 29, we will successfully transit to government of our choice,’’ he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/feb/07/newsbreak-07-02-2011-001.htm
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by fstranger6: 6:02am On Feb 07, 2011
Its high time!
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by seanet02: 6:21am On Feb 07, 2011
Abeg roll out the war tanks, F-22, ballistic missiles dont forget the nukes
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Coolabbie: 7:52am On Feb 07, 2011
Already booked a front seat.
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by fstranger6: 7:53am On Feb 07, 2011
^^^ what do you know about politics?

Get back to rmance my dear. . . thatz where you belong
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by solihu(m): 8:03am On Feb 07, 2011
Interesting!
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Fogman(m): 8:43am On Feb 07, 2011
Politics of desperation
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2011
So Daniel has grown balls to declare war ? What did he achieve as a governor of ogun state ? I guess he also want a puppet governor in place to cover his fraudulent deals and corruption.
SOB is scared of ending up in kirikiri.i dey laff
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Fogman(m): 9:18am On Feb 07, 2011
Politics of desperation
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Coolabbie: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2011
fstranger6:

^^^ what do you know about politics?

Get back to rmance my dear.   .   . thatz where you belong
I belong wherever i want to. Get it? tongue
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by fstranger6: 9:23am On Feb 07, 2011
Coolabbie:

I belong wherever i want to. Get it?

No!

I dont want to see you here again

Your tiny brain cant 'comprehende' what we discuss here

Go back to Romance where you belong! grin
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by EkoIle1: 9:40am On Feb 07, 2011
War on OBJ? The bobo dey smoke crack. lmao
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by OAM4J: 9:44am On Feb 07, 2011
Let the battle begins! grin
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Coolabbie: 10:03am On Feb 07, 2011
fstranger6:

No!

I dont want to see you here again

Your tiny brain cant 'comprehende' what we discuss here

Go back to Romance where you belong! grin
jerk
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2011
Coolabbie:

Fimisile. Ma jeki shepe fun é o! tongue
Wow. . .obinrin bi okunrin.iwoyi a ma na bf e o. grin grin
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by meine: 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
I like Daniel's gut, that guy get liver, He can assassinate the Obj sha,because i heard there is a state funded killer squad in Ogun state grin
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by coolpapa: 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2011
well spoken by Otunba Gbenga Daniel, its high time you fight like a man.
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by fredoooooo: 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2011
daniel is a big joke , baba go cut that wing wey he dey use fly now , truly power is very good , daniel strugling to remain in power  grin grin
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by olaolabiy: 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
I dey laugh oo
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by olaolabiy: 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2011
I dey laugh oo.

Marathon war? Upon wetin no be una? Democracy my foot.

Popcorn jare. Awon agbaya.
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by ITbomb(m): 12:49pm On Feb 07, 2011
[center]SEASON 4. ELECTION 2011[/center]
grab my popcorn to the front row lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
ASANIGBO:

He said he had done everything humanly possible to appease the Obasanjo faction of the party in the state, yet, the camp had remained difficult: “Therefore, the stage the situation gets now, you cannot be in the river and complain of cold.” He further alleged that there was a calculated plot by the Obasanjo faction to truncate his administration. “We have used everything to appease them, yet, they are adamant and want to use power against us.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/feb/07/newsbreak-07-02-2011-001.htm
yeah,the Governor spent 5 years appeasing BABA and came out boldly to say so (talk about guts)
ASANIGBO:

They even used opposition media to fight us, an indication that they are working together with opposition party to destroy our party and later move out,’’ he declared.
Another misplaced priority,instead of fighting for the masses of the state ,he is concerned more about party
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by oderemo(m): 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2011
GBenga Daniel MODAPHUKA, now want to fight anoda FADAPHUKA OBJ.
what next, shameless two, both we can do without in ogun,
the state need development, brain and technocrats.not these two fdf party poopers.
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2011
coolpapa:

well spoken by Otunba Gbenga Daniel, its high time you fight like a man.

you mean when he ends up in kirikiri abi ?
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by omo9ja1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2011
Daniel sorry 8yrs nothing to show my people, I told friends then that this man that was giving stuff before he got into office watch out, he was the only gov's candidate that tour the whole wards , people singing "Ogidi omo" now we all know what they call him in the state, but I think OBJ deserve some respect, DAN you too young o0o0o, and remember may is round the corner so be careful I talk am 0o0o0
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by fstranger6: 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2011
omo9ja1:

Daniel sorry 8yrs nothing to show my people, I told friends then that this man that was giving stuff before he got into office watch out, he was the only gov's candidate that tour the whole wards , people singing "Ogidi omo" now we all know what they call him in the state, but I think OBJ deserve some respect, DAN you too young o0o0o, and remember may is round the corner so be careful I talk am 0o0o0

Yeah, I remember
He was prolly the only SW governor that actually was voted in

People voted for this guy en masse, me sef, I bought into the brand and how I wish I knew.
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Razmuhy: 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2011
look @ dis shite for brains spewing bull-shite!
who wants either of their stooges in the govt house anyway.
I think it's high time we kicked this feedeefee party out of ogun state to create room for development as being witnessed in Lasgidi.
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Earthwide: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2011
ex criminal vs current criminal
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by Earthwide: 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2011
Ogun state people will be the ones to surfer for the show
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by sayso: 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2011
let the fight begin
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by tyson55(m): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2011
Gbenga Daniel should thread carefully, coz Obj is not an easy meat to chew.
Re: Daniel Declares War On Obj by MaiSuya(m): 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2011
A bloody civilian 'declaring war' on a retired army general. . .make una take cover O!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I'm Being Attacked By Detractors - Okonjo-Iweala / Donald Trump Is the 2016 US Republican Nominee / Zambia Xenophobic Attack Against Foreigners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.