Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (6885 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Dasuki Challenges FG For Disobeying Court Order / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
alani74:

See the reasoning of a shallow mind!

OPC.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by manny4life(m): 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
Dis Guy:

sorry how's that an attack on you? bloody hell i hope people are not imbibing the humble odechukwu character?

Sorry not you; I never meant to imply that you attacked me. I was quoting what you said, sorry for the misinterpretation. I was saying in general that because some NLers have attacked me on few occasions becos I don't live in Nigeria, I shouldn't participate in Nigerian politics. That's why I said what I said becos sooner or later, here they come.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by temmytanny(m): 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

Maybe a president of the SW only. There are more mature performing governers in the likes of Chime, Amaechi and Akpabio. In fact wikileaks named Akpabio as the one the US reckons with as best in Nigeria; thats an unbiased opinion.
Fashola just shot himself in the foot.

I visit Akwa ibom often and they have best roads and other amenities but funny enough people dont like him at all. If you or fashola have the money akpabio gets from federal and oil revenue,you would do better than him.
As for Amechi,he is doing cool but not up to Fashola in achievement. And chime? na na na na na never in Fashola's click at all cos he is done nothing
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by manny4life(m): 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2011
Dis Guy:

sorry how's that an attack on you? bloody hell i hope people are not imbibing the humble odechukwu persona?

[b]and Jonathan is not setting a foul precedent by calling clearly competent and popular governors rascals?[/b]mon rerin- i dey laugh

Bashing I believe is common in Govt. While it isn't acceptable for Mr. Jonathan to cross the line; it is perceived that it is common way of Govt. socials. However, when you publicly call out a president to debate his competencies knowing quite well he flawed on several occasions; that would open room for other governors and individuals to challenge the president to a debate. I would very much appreciate it if the Gov. criticized his leadership and outlined recommendations (if he wanted to) than trying to make a fool of Mr. President.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by alani74(m): 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2011
manny4life:

Bashing I believe is common in Govt. While it isn't acceptable for Mr. Jonathan to cross the line; it is perceived that it is common way of Govt. socials. However, when you publicly call out a president to debate his competencies knowing quite well he flawed on several occasions; that would open room for other governors and individuals to challenge the president to a debate. I would very much appreciate it if the Gov. criticized his leadership and outlined recommendations (if he wanted to) than trying to make a fool of Mr. President.

That is the way to get the best leaders and to make the mediocres leave the sceen. Governance is all about the best of us ruling the rest of us. And not the worse of us all ruling under the guise of luck, ethinicity, religion or any form of parochial sentiment.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Homonide: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
Some comments on nairaland do not cease to amaze me, not least of which is those of beaf. So fashola should seceed lagos state simply because he challenged pdp, personified by GEJ to a public debate?i bet he doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'secession. As Femi Kuti sang, 'i sorry for Nigeria'.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by alani74(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
" Rascals in south west", GEJ[/size][size=8pt]The holy book says "out of of the abundance of heart the mouth speaketh, "

This shows the quality of heart. The heart that can be so beclouded!
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by alani74(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
[size=20pt]" Rascals in south west", GEJ[/size][size=20pt][/size]

The holy book says "out of of the abundance of heart the mouth speaketh, "

Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by alani74(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
Homonide:

Some comments on nairaland do not cease to amaze me, not least of which is those of beaf. So fashola should seceed lagos state simply because he challenged pdp, personified by GEJ to a public debate?i bet he doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'secession. As Femi Kuti sang, 'i sorry for Nigeria'.

can u imagine my broda
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by manny4life(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
alani74:

That is the way to get the best leaders and to make the mediocres leave the sceen. Governance is all about the best of us ruling the rest of us. And not the worse of us all ruling under the guise of luck, ethinicity, religion or any form of parochial sentiment.

I totally agree with you on that; I like to see a Govt. with strong minded leaders; ones that have the ability to think outside the box, being innovative and experienced leaders. However, there is a thin line between good leaders and great leaders; a leader without proper ethics and respect for governance is more likely to cross boundary lines that you have mentioned. Like it’s often said; just because it’s legal doesn’t make it ethical. In my own small opinion, ethics is about respect and deference; I have always admired Mr. Gov and his thirst for changes and though I highly respect Mr. Gov. and him trying to trying to make a strong and valid point; please forgive me, this is clear arrogance.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by manny4life(m): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
alani74:

[size=20pt]" Rascals in south west", GEJ[/size][size=20pt][/size]

The holy book says "out of of the abundance of heart the mouth speaketh, "

Lol, that was funny. You did not tell us where the Bible chapter is, it's kool I know where it is but you're actually right.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
Fashola I hey you ooo
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Tcrack(m): 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ beaf
do you have to be stupiid all the time?
a key member of the opposition is challenging the rulling party to a debate and and you are here yelling secession! secession!! secession!!!
just so you know, if the yorubas decide to seceed, we will and i can assure you, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.
I pity those who paid for your education, that is  if you got any. alakori
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by alani74(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ Manny4live.

I do not see a call for debate by BRF as being arrogant. That is politics for you anywhere. And infact that is one of the beauty of democracy. Because Mr President finds himself in that position today does not mean he should not be call to task on his manifestos or vision for this country.

I even expect that Mr. President instead of mudslinging and insult on opposition to challenge opposiontion to a debate on what they intend to do better than he's doing right now.

It may intrest you to know that  Sarah Palin the former running mate to Mccain still chalenges the President Obama to public debates on various governement policies. So its not out of place my broda as long as its not about name caling like the recent GEJ goof.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by anonimi: 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2011

The situation we have in Nigeria is highly regretable and self-defeatist with how many Nigerians cast votes for numerous reasons that does not include a candidates history, record of achievement and manifesto for office.

I wonder how many people posting here know

* what their constituency is
* who the candidates for state and national assembly legislators are
* what is their "history, record of achievement and manifesto for office"

or are you willing to cast your vote for the president and governors only leaving any tom, manliness and harry to represent YOU at the nearest level as legislooters
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by sirp2007: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2011
Fashola should nt join issues wth GEJ, we know each one`s level,4get d fact dat one is a president(we've seen dumb a.s.s president b4), Fashola should remember d old advise ''dont argue with an idiot because he will bring u down 2 his level and beat u wth experience''

GEJ is too dull for FINESHOLA sorry fashola to  ;exchange words with,

by d way,what if a debate is set for their wives grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2011
Tcrack:

@ beaf
do you have to be stupiid all the time?
a key member of the opposition is challenging the rulling party to a debate and and you are here yelling secession! secession!! secession!!!
just so you know, if the yorubas decide to seceed, we will and i can assure you, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.
I pity those who paid for your education, that is  if you got any. alakori

You are the stupeed one.

If a state does not respect the FG, it might as well secede. Its that simple, Fashola should address his mates like Oshiomole etc. The only person with the right to challenge GEJ in ACN is Ribadu, but a dunce like you wouldn't realise that Fashola has stepped on the whole ACN heirachy, not just at Nigeria which they don't seem to care about.

I say again, if Fashola wants to secede, then let him throw down the gauntlet and see how quickly he will recant. Nonsense. We do not live in an anarchy where governors are free to become agbero's.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by playboy19(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
Damn, i promised myself not to respond to any political debate on this forum but the unquantifiable level of stupidity and dumbness this Beaf guy has exhibited so far provoked my enthusiasm .

Beaf why are you this dumb? You are just too stupid to be human. Can't you use your brain for a second and spit out the little candy PDP people put in your mouth? Do even go to school at all? By the way, how old are you? Aren't you old enough to understand that PDP has done us no good in their 12 years of power dominance?

Isn't GEJ suppose to be crying by now? A governor challenging him to a debate? Isn't it pathetic enough? By the way, i don't belong to any party, but damn i hate your level naivety, it's really disgusting.

Don't know who is dumber between GEJ and Beaf
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by sirp2007: 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2011
Fashola should nt join issues wth GEJ, we know each one`s level,4get d fact dat one is a president(we've seen dumb a.s.s president b4), Fashola should remember d old advise ''dont argue with an idiot because he will bring u down 2 his level and beat u wth experience''

Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by juman(m): 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
It's very difficult to uproot PDP from our lives, but surely the country will certainly and definitely break up. Unless there is real change in governance from PDP.

Useless party and people in power for 12 years and absolutely nothing to show for it.

PDP has already wasted 12 out of 50 years of Nigeria since independence.

Do they think that they can continue enslaving us forever?? Definitely NO.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
playboy19:

Damn, i promised myself not to respond to any political debate on this forum but the unquantifiable level of stupidity and dumbness this Beaf guy has exhibited so far provoked my enthusiasm .

Beaf why are you this dumb? You are just too silly to be human. Can't you use your brain for a second and spit out the little candy PDP people put in your mouth? Do even go to school at all? By the way, how old are you? Aren't you old enough to understand that PDP has done us no good in their 12 years of power dominance?

Isn't GEJ suppose to be crying by now? A governor challenging him to a debate? Isn't it pathetic enough? By the way, i don't belong to any party, but damn i hate your level naivety, it's really disgusting.

Don't know who is dumber between GEJ and Beaf

My small toe is smarter than your entire village (short, ugly chief and all). grin grin grin

What have you contributed to the topic if you aren't some semi-evolved baboon?
What sort of fool wants to see his President in tears? I've never heard anything so daft.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2011
why should anyone be suprised that former mend apologists whose mantra is we are carrying yiu parasites with our oil can onlyt respond with chants of opc and secession?

do you really expect any  better from shallow minded noisemakers ?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
sir-p2007:

Fashola should nt join issues wth GEJ, we know each one`s level,4get d fact dat one is a president(we've seen dumb a.s.s president b4), Fashola should remember d old advise ''dont argue with an because he will bring u down 2 his level and beat u wth experience''

u don miss am o. gej is mr inexperience cheesy cheesy

lets cut the mumu some slack, he is just repeating the words of his master obj. the ota tail is wagging the abuja dog cheesy cheesy

abeg someone should get us some muppet photoshops of gej. thats what he is after all, obj's muppet
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Mobinga: 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
GEJ is inexperienced.
Ribadu is inexperienced.

Buhari is the only choice
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by manny4life(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
alani74:

@ Manny4live.

I do not see a call for debate by BRF as being arrogant. That is politics for you anywhere. And infact that is one of the beauty of democracy. Because Mr President finds himself in that position today does not mean he should not be call to task on his manifestos or vision for this country.

I even expect that Mr. President instead of mudslinging and insult on opposition to challenge opposiontion to a debate on what they intend to do better than he's doing right now.

It may intrest you to know that  Sarah Palin the former running mate to Mccain still chalenges the President Obama to public debates on various governement policies. So its not out of place my broda as long as its not about name caling like the recent GEJ goof.

You and I clearly know that Sarah Palin is an underachieving waste of a so-called Gov. It would be highly unfair to compare her Mr. Gov.; Sarah Palin is an empty barrel seeking attention at all cost, but in this case, you have an intelligent achieving man challenging a president. He did not insult the president. Like I previously reiterated, I would rather Mr. Gov. speak of his incompetence and then offer recommendations for him rather than calling him out. The only person worthy of a challenge from a President of a state is a presidential opponent/aspirant with grounds in leadership. Sarah Palin isn’t just it and neither is Mr. Gov. either; his isn’t an aspirant or an opponent. When GEJ talked about him being a rascal, correct me if am correct, he was referring to his behavior not his competencies.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by playboy19(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

My small toe is smarter than your entire village (short, ugly chief and all). grin grin grin

What have you contributed to the topic if you aren't some semi-evolved baboon?
What sort of fool wants to see his President in tears? I've never heard anything so daft.

It is called Figure of Speech you morron. With this response of yours, i guess it is safe for one to conclude that you are a 12 years old boy who should be doing his homework right now instead of sitting on his mom's computer. If you are not actually 12 years old, then you use your brain like one. So now, get upstairs and lock yourself in your room, idio.t
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Tcrack(m): 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
sir-p2007:

Fashola should nt join issues wth GEJ, we know each one`s level,4get d fact dat one is a president(we've seen dumb a.s.s president b4), Fashola should remember d old advise ''dont argue with an because he will bring u down 2 his level and beat u wth experience''

@ bolded
dont even go there. disaster! disaster!! disaster!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by juman(m): 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
The ripples created by Mr. President statement will go away after some time.

SW PDP is troubling Mr. President too much about getting Lagos, Mr. Obasanjo and co. should take it easy.

Lagos is for ACN.

Even during the time of troubling ruling of Obasanjo, PDP couldn't get Lagos (even with their usual wuru wuru way of doing things).
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
playboy19:

It is called Figure of Speech you morron. With this response of yours, i guess it is safe for one to conclude that you are a 12 years old boy who should be doing his homework right now instead of sitting on his mom's computer. If you are not actually 12 years old, then you use your brain like one. So now, get upstairs and lock yourself in your room, idio.t

Did you have br3ast milk as a kid? It helps the formation of a healthy brain, you know?

How about adding secession to your obviously stunted vocabulary? Such little improvements will lift you above agbero and rewire level.

You wish to see your President crying and call that a figure of speech? Bloody OPC member.
Thats a meat sellers figure of speech. grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by playboy19(m): 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
Tcrack:

@ bolded
dont even go there. disaster! disaster!! disaster!!!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That will be like a 3 year old (still learning how to read) debating against a professor and in Einglich ofcourse  grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by ekubear1: 6:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
Fashola would slaughter GEJ in a debate.

He is performing with limited funds. Who else in Nigeria can say the same? His state is at 80%+ IGR. Who else has achieved even half of this?

He is easily the most popular politician in Nigeria, period.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by dayokanu(m): 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2011
Fashola vs GEJ in a debate? I stand a better chance vs Mayweather in a bout.

When a governor challenges the president to a debate that means he wants to secede?

Why is it that GEJ and his supporters are so averse to intelligent debates and common sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are The Police Shooting At Protesters? / Nigeria Revenue Drops To 5-year Low As Tax, Oil Income Fall / Osinbajo: Nigeria Open To More Investments From Foreign Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.