Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (6884 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Dasuki Challenges FG For Disobeying Court Order / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by juman(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
@Beaf

The whole thing is beginning to sound foolish and despesrate. When did governors start challenging the FG to debates, I have lost the respect I had for Fashola. Let him continue with the small minded ACN's thinly veiled ethnic staunts. The only thing left for him to declare as a bigot is call GEJ ***chukwu, we all know it sounds like an Igbo name and signifies hatred of Igbo's; so best to paint GEJ as an Igbo. Shame on ACN, the new Ciroma's of the South

The new name here (Nairaland) people call President Jonathan is ODECHUKWU.  Check other thread.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
odechukwu - the daft messiah
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by erastus75: 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
You people are so blinded with what Fashola is doing in Lagos in fact he has not done anything and when the President made the statement of rascality, why should Fashola jumped at it as if he wanted an opportunity to discredit Jonathan.

What has he really done to have stooped to low to challenge a President for a debate imagine Governor challenging president for a debate. This ovation has really gotten to his head and he forgot quickly that, the federal government is not the same level like the state government.

Some of us here, we think with our butt before writing, for so many years, the refineries were not working but now we are having fuel supply every where, power has improved a bit etc. Make i warn una, e no easy to be President over stubborn people like una wey just dey yarn any how, una hia me so?

Fashola et all are just playing politics and imagine Ribadu jumping on the subject matter as if he has enough experience to be a President, who giam chance to come back Nigeria? abi no be GEJ . If to say, GEJ na bad person,ACN no for smell the government house, for Ekiti and Osun e for just call the Judge to favour PDP but the man kukuma allow due proces to maintain.

When the come shall come to become, we go sa bi am huh? leave politics, it is no permanent friend but permanent interest and small time, all dem governors and President go enter one corner to shak beer una dey here come dey argue and misyarn or multiyarn anyhow with empty tummy

I rest my case o jare
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by alanbolo(m): 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
erastus75:

Some of us here, we think with our butt before writing, for so many years, the refineries were not working but now we are having fuel supply every where, power has improved a bit etc. --- 

When the come shall come to become, we go sa bi am huh? leave politics, it is no permanent friend but permanent interest and small time, all dem governors and President go enter one corner to shak beer una dey here come dey argue and misyarn or multiyarn anyhow with empty tummy

I rest my case o jare

Gbam.    End Of Word.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Richtalk: 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2011
oyb:

Blasphemy in the name of Politics. My advice is dont try God oh. That name cant stand.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by joelAnya(m): 11:47pm On Feb 11, 2011
It is unimaginable that some mind here are still characterized by regional politics.The man Fashola is a distinguished politician is record speaks for him.For people like beaf trying to derogate his effort in governance your party candidate can never dream of matching his manifesto.Your so called president has lost a vote for his unguarded utterance.Rascals must rule come may 29 2011.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by GBASKY: 12:01am On Feb 12, 2011
I AM HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN THE STATEMENT MADE BY A WHOLE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA : CALLING PEOPLE THAT ARE FAR BETTER OFF THAN THEM RASCALS' I THINK HE SHOULD PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE TO THE ACTION CONGRESS ESPECIALLY THE PACE SETTING GOVERNOR THAT CANNOT BE COMPARED WITH THEM ALL FROM THE HEAD TO THE LEAST OF THEM PUT TOGETHER AM TALKING OF GOVERNOR BABATUNDE RAJI FASOLA .

IF THE PRESIDENT FAILS TO APOLOGIZE, I THINK HIS PHD SHOULD BE QUERIED AS I KNOW THAT GOOD CHARACTER COMES FIRST IN ACADEMICS AND THE PRESIDENT IS EXPECTED TO PORTRAY THAT AT ALL TIMES.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by GBASKY: 12:14am On Feb 12, 2011
@ erastus 75

I AM VERY SURE YOU MUST BE SUFFERING FROM ONE DISABILITY OR THE OTHER ESPECIALLY YOU MUST BE A CRIPPLE ( SO YOU DO NOT GO OUT ) OR BLIND AND DEAF ( YOU CANNOT SEE THE BEAUTY AROUND YOU AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU CANNOT HEAR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT IT. ALL THE SE = YOU ARE A WALKING CORPSE

WELL AM NOT SURPRISED YOU SHARE THE SAME NAME WITH THE INTERCONTINENTAL THIEF SO WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM A CLUMSY BRAIN LIKE YOU THAN TO BER THINKING OF HOW TO STEAL LIKE ALL PDP ( PEOPLE DESTROYING PEOPLE ) ( PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE) ROBBERS
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by TippyTop(m): 1:06am On Feb 12, 2011
Fashola is the one disgracing himself here. How can a gov Challenge a president for debate? Is Fashola now vying for the president's position? I used to like Fash but wait am going to put him under scrutiny,  lets see if he comes out unscathed. Is this not the same Fash proped up by the eternally corrupt Tinubu, abeg my people shine your eyes.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by stineb1: 1:11am On Feb 12, 2011
Im begining to get upset with Fashola for insulting the C-I-C of the Federal Republic. The rascal(ASIWAJU) knows himself, that is why he is not saying anything.He has singlehandedly pocketed ACN.
Poor fashola is fighting a battle that does not concerns him.I feel like not voting him again cos ASIWAJU is planning his Impeachment even before he get into office.Its a pity.
ASIWAJU only Endorsed Fash because lagosians like his person to landslide and not the party.Anything short of that would have amounted to Land slide Failure for ACN. Watch out, he wants to impose his initial candidate as the running mate of Fashola, so as to stress the young Man.
I hate ACN!!!!!!
GOODLUCK NIGERIA AZIKIWE BALEWA AWO 2011
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Beaf: 1:25am On Feb 12, 2011
juman:

@Beaf

The new name here (Nairaland) people call President Jonathan is ODECHUKWU. Check other thread.

I know!
What I find odd with these fellows is the abysmally low levels of intelligence they display. How can a fully developed adult call God a f**l just because he wants to badmouth the President in an ethnically bigoted way?

NL never fails to deliver surprises, but this one? I don't even have words for it; they say, when a dog is about to lose its life, it stops hearing its masters voice.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by juman(m): 1:27am On Feb 12, 2011
oyb:

Okayyy that is the meaning. Hmmm. Nairaland.  grin grin

GBASKY:

@ erastus 75

I AM VERY SURE YOU MUST BE SUFFERING FROM ONE DISABILITY OR THE OTHER ESPECIALLY YOU MUST BE A CRIPPLE ( SO YOU DO NOT GO OUT ) OR BLIND AND DEAF ( YOU CANNOT SEE THE BEAUTY AROUND YOU AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU CANNOT HEAR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT IT. ALL THE SE = YOU ARE A WALKING CORPSE

WELL AM NOT SURPRISED YOU SHARE THE SAME NAME WITH THE INTERCONTINENTAL THIEF SO WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM A CLUMSY BRAIN LIKE YOU THAN TO BER THINKING OF HOW TO STEAL LIKE ALL PDP ( PEOPLE DESTROYING PEOPLE ) ( PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE) ROBBERS

Just open any thread here (nairaland) one would laugh laugh and laugh.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by erastus75: 3:34am On Feb 12, 2011
Gbasky or whatever you call urself, u MUST be SICK in the head and STUPID from the WOMB for using silly words on me. There is need to check ur head at Yaba psychiatric hospital.

Who gave you the right to call be a cripple and a blind man when the head of the rascals is busy collecting N5 billion per month for consulting job of the Lekki-epe expressway and had expected Fashola to award the badagary expressway to his company but when Fashola refused trouble started.

Do you think ACN is better than PDP? Do u think the head of rascals investing in Ekiti,Osun and Edo is not eating from the coffers of these state governments? Or do u think imposing candidates on the party is the best way of politiking?

Look there are governors in PDP that r performing, there are far bad people in ACN n PDP n so also good people in both parties. The problems of Nigeria was not caused by PDP, u were born to meet these wahalas, so stop insulting me for you dont know me and I think you are fond of name calling.

U r a far better thief more sophisticated than Erastus, if you are in such position, u will steal far more.

I can even change my mind n vote another governorship candidate in Lagos instead of Fashola
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by honeric01(m): 4:49am On Feb 12, 2011
^^^^^

With all the eating the rascals are eating, ain't you seeing dividend of democracy in their various states?

Now tell me what's there to see in Oyo (pdp)?
Now tell me what's there to see in ogun (pdp)?

Make we no go SS and SE at all.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by seanet02: 5:00am On Feb 12, 2011
@beaf, do you want to kill people because they dislike the style of Governance of ODECHUKWU?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by sbeezy8: 5:01am On Feb 12, 2011
juman:

@Beaf

The new name here (Nairaland) people call President Jonathan is ODECHUKWU.  Check other thread.

oyb:

lol i was wondering whos odechukwu chukwu mean God tho i think so they should stop calling him that
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by dlox01(m): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2011
@ beaf,
I have asked myself if the President is more concerned about who is the Governor of Lagos State or becoming the President. I think if the PDP is ready to swap candidates for the Governorship of Lagos, I will be ready to face him because his candidate is not talking about what he wants to do in Lagos”.

guess you dont read much do u? undecided
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 12, 2011
This Fashola road construction thing seems to be getting to his head and that is his problem.He should first of all challenge himself to a debate by telling Nigerians why Lagos state with all the money from multiple Taxes and others from the Federation account is the No1 Debt state in the country according to a recent released. Secondly he should challenge Tinubu his Puppet master and him the puppet to a debate who almost drop him without even a word from him.Secondly if he thinks he has performed so much among all the 36 governors,he should please visit Akwa-Ibom and compare Lagos during his time and Godswill Akpabio time as Goverenor.He can perharps challenge Akpabio who is on his level as governor and also a lawyer like him to a debate instead of Mis-firing just because he want to talk.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rasputinn(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2011
[size=14pt]

That's okay BRF,you're a state governor,go and debate with your fellow state governors.You're doing well and we will still stretch out hands across party lines to vote you back in.If you're talking because of GEJ's statement,take a chill pill pal,he wasn't referring to you,but to your bully and others.Methinks GEJ was referring to people like Tinubu,Dimeji and OGD,however since he didn't mention any names,it's still open to conjecture.
In the same vein,political ants like Ribadu are also seeking for relevance by saying they too are rascals  grin grin grin,someone please tell him he is NOT QUALIFIED to be one of the rascals GEJ referred to.Mr President specifically said"the South West is too sensitive to be left to rascals" or something like that but please Ribadu town in Adamawa state(where Nuhu Ribadu hails from) is in the North Eastern part of Nigeria,so somebody should please slap the taste out of Ribadu's mouth cos he has much more to do to make any impact in the political terrain than to shamelessly jump on the bandwagon of a salvo fired at certain elements in the South West,to which mr Ribadu doesn't belong[/size]
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Lasgidi001(m): 10:13am On Feb 12, 2011
There is a rotten and decomposing meat called 'BEAF' on dis thread and NL. Ive never seen such a myopic human being(if at all he is one) like him,
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2011
temmytanny:

I visit Akwa ibom often and they have best roads and other amenities but funny enough people dont like him at all. If you or fashola have the money akpabio gets from federal and oil revenue,you would do better than him.
As for Amechi,he is doing cool but not up to Fashola in achievement. And chime? na na na na na never in Fashola's click at all cos he is done nothing
My guy thank you for your observation about Akpabio, that he is performing.But I also want you to note that anybody can do much more in lagos too with 90% of Multinational companies operating from there and the double taxation policies from Lagos state government.The problem is where a Governor like fashola comes out to talk as if he is doing Lagosians a favour by building and repairing those road.I have been in living and working in Australia for ove 5 years now and I have never for once seen anybody or the Premiers(Governors) make road construction and repair a big deal and I tell you,Australia road is one of the best in the world.That is beacuse if you dont do that as a governor with Government money,do you expect the civil servant or others to start building these roads? For christ sake,Fashola has not done anybody a favour he is doing what he is suppose to do because the money is not coming from his private pocket.And for Akpabio not being liked,it is just a political thing,he is not from the majority Ibibio tribes,but those of us from that state that are the commoners love what he is doing so far and his performers compared to Fashola is damn too Gigantic for Fashola to be talking.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rasputinn(m): 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2011
Ozin:

My guy thank you for your observation about Akpabio, that he is performing.But I also want you to note that anybody can do much more in lagos too with 90% of Multinational companies operating from there and the double taxation policies from Lagos state government.The problem is where a Governor like fashola comes out to talk as if he is doing Lagosians a favour by building and repairing those road.I have been in living and working in Australia for ove 5 years now and I have never for once seen anybody or the Premiers(Governors) make road construction and repair a big deal and I tell you,Australia road is one of the best in the world.That is beacuse if you dont do that as a governor with Government money,do you expect the civil servant or others to start building these roads? For christ sake,Fashola has not done anybody a favour he is doing what he is suppose to do because the money is not coming from his private pocket.And for Akpabio not being liked,it is just a political thing,he is not from the majority Ibibio tribes,but those of us from that state that are the commoners love what he is doing so far and his performers compared to Fashola is damn too Gigantic for Fashola to be talking.

God bless you so much for that observation,I do visit most of the states frequently as I have one or two things going there.Akpabio,Amaechi and to an extent Chime have done well also.As for Amaechi,he I think has built more roads(new ones) than Fashola and in the area of secondary school infrastructure,he's done most in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rasputinn(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
In continuation of ^^^,it's a known fact that Lagos state is the most taxed state in Nigeria,it's the bastion of double taxation from which she rakes in humongous amounts in taxes,rates and royalties.
For your information,for the year ended December 2010,Lagos state IGR stood at a whopping N335,820,000,000(Three hundred and thirty five billion,eight hundred and twenty million naira only,this comes to around N28 billion monthly)this figure alone dwarfs the entire budget of nearly ninety percent of states in Nigeria.
Of course,the amount above is only IGR and does not include the statutory allocation she gets from the federation account,so please let's discuss with facts,Fashola has done well,but he could have done better cos compared with Amaechi,Akpabio and Chime;he has failed woefully in shutting off the fianancial drain pipe of his predecessor,whilst the other three have put their"godfathers" where they belong,Fashola is still struggling under the overbearing influence of his godfather ;Tinubu,who keeps pocketing amounts in excess of N2billion monthly for tax receipts and consultancy,to mention just a few.
So BRF,for the good of Lagosians should be advised to debate with Tinubu and the true face of Lagos first on the need to ensure that all state funds are chanelled into projects that will benefit the entire state and not just himself,friends and Tinubu before looking for who to debate with outside Lagos
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jmoore(m): 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2011
Nigerians need actions and not words.

Every politician knows what Nigeria needs but when they get to the office they do the opposite.

Debate should hold in 2050 may be 2030
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by erastus75: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2011
Let Fashola go and debate with Tinubu on how to stop the billions of naira going to his pocket monthly
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Afam4eva(m): 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2011
Fashola challenging the president to a debate is just meant to belittle the president. GEJ is nowehere compared to Fashola when it governance.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rasputinn(m): 1:48pm On Feb 12, 2011
rasputinn:

In continuation of ^^^,it's a known fact that Lagos state is the most taxed state in Nigeria,it's the bastion of double taxation from which she rakes in humongous amounts in taxes,rates and royalties.
For your information,for the year ended December 2010,Lagos state IGR stood at a whopping N335,820,000,000(Three hundred and thirty five billion,eight hundred and twenty million naira only,this comes to around N28 billion monthly)this figure alone dwarfs the entire budget of nearly ninety percent of states in Nigeria.
Of course,the amount above is only IGR and does not include the statutory allocation she gets from the federation account,so please let's discuss with facts,Fashola has done well,but he could have done better cos compared with Amaechi,Akpabio and Chime;he has failed woefully in shutting off the fianancial drain pipe of his predecessor,whilst the other three have put their"godfathers" where they belong,Fashola is still struggling under the overbearing influence of his godfather ;Tinubu,who keeps pocketing amounts in excess of N2billion monthly for tax receipts and consultancy,to mention just a few.
So BRF,for the good of Lagosians should be advised to debate with Tinubu and the true face of Lagos first on the need to ensure that all state funds are chanelled into projects that will benefit the entire state and not just himself,friends and Tinubu before looking for who to debate with outside Lagos

After several months of uncertainty over his fate, Babatunde Raji Fashola finally got his mentor's nod to contest the governorship election on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria. To get Bola Ahmed Tinubu's approval, Fashola was forced to eat humble pie. He and other people of influence in Lagos literarily had to beg and grovel for months before the Ashiwaju gave his consent. Had he not tried to be his own man and attempted to cut the umbilical cord linking him to Tinubu, he would have been saved the humiliation. It goes to prove how much influence and power Tinubu wields over the politics of Nigeria’s largest urban agglomeration and its most cosmopolitan city,Lagos

http://allafrica.com/stories/201101101028.html
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by seanet02: 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
@rasputinn are you okay? Questioning and answering yourself.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rasputinn(m): 1:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^
A more important debate is the one Fashola should have with Tinubu,or in the very least,with members of the so-called" True Face Of Lagos" who allege that Fashola has been embezzling/misappropriating state funds since he(Fashola) denies such accusation but has been known to always moan about the huge sums the state govt has had to pay Tinubu for flimsy "jobs" and under very questionable guise
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rasputinn(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

@rasputinn are you okay? Questioning and answering yourself.

Move on negro,this thread is for factual intelligent discourse,if you have no point(s) to make,just move on

BTW I've seen ur profile picture,so your miscue is overlooked
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by seanet02: 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2011
@rasputinn, you know Nada.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
rasputinn:

I cant agree with you less

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Was Nigeria's "Best" Military Ruler/Dictator/Despot/Tyrant? / Opposition Lawmakers Hail Ajimobi's Achievements / Pictures Don't Lie, Tell Me What You Think Of Buhari After Seeing This Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.