Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls (6882 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Dasuki Challenges FG For Disobeying Court Order / April Polls: Lynch anybody who attempts to rig, Buhari tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jaiykem: 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2011
The MEND patron has woken the lion, he should come out and have it. Jonathan the inexperience president with his inexperience speech. How many times has he been able to call his state governor rascal- a place where bomb detonates at ease. That have soon why the people of kaduna walked out on him.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jaiykem: 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2011
The MEND patron has started the fight he can not finish. Where them dey, oya na. His Na speech has shown he is inexperience. Why not call his state governor rascal- place where bomb detonates at ease. You have woken the lion oooo!!
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jaiykem: 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2011
The MEND patron has started the fight he can not finish. Where them dey, oya na. His speech have shown he is inexperience. How many time has he called his state governor rascal-place where bomb explodes at ease. You have woken the lion.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by bankyman(m): 5:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
asking a president to a debate i guess is not arrogant. GEJ made a blunder and called them rascals. He opened a can of worms and now they are calling for his. We know a gov vs pres debate will not happen but truly he needs to defend his statement(debate) or apologise. He stooped low to call them rascals why call BRF arrogant if he asked for a debate?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by ShangoThor(m): 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
The bottom line is this, Fashola has every right to throw down the debate Gauntlet, especially as he was reacting to one of the President’s disrespectful and personal comments/gaffes.

GEJ would get slaughtered by Fashola if he ever took up the challenge, and he will be exposed as being an unsophisticated and lacking real leadership qualities.

Fashola was partially educated at Igbobi College, and back in the day they had a fantastic debating tradition and he was trained well and he knows it. I’m telling you Fashola is the real deal, proper pedigree and I have so much confidence in his abilities that I would be willing to stake my life in a bet that he would be able to turn the Nation around in no less than 2 years if he was president of Nigeria. Actually, you don’t need to take my word for it; he would debate with anybody at anytime, providing intelligent counter arguments. I mean with ordinary folk or citizenry as well as top politicians.

He has vision, this is NIGERIA, not the Sharia Banana Republic of the Slave Coast.

I am sick and tired of all this mediocrity, damnnnnn
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by honeric01(m): 7:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
link=topic=603118.msg7719018#msg7719018 date=1297528706:

LAGOS — Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has challenged Peoples Democratic Party, PDP-led Federal Government to a public debate on issues of national importance and developmental achievements in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2011
Fashola is really over reaching his credentials here. He is a Governor on an ethnic party challenging The President and Presidential aspirant of the only National Party in Nigeria to a debate. Does that mean his party has no other person at the level of Presidential Aspiration to challenge GEJ or rather the He is not too satisfied with Ribadu's response. Fashola may be doing well, but it is not lost to people outside Lagos that he is only refurbishing Roads and Faclities built with Federal Fund and by FG, his major works are simply beautification inspite of the huge revenue from tax.

Fortunately or Unfortunately, ACN failed to see the moves entailed in GEJ's comments. It was an attack meant for Ribadu with several hydra heads, but ultimately culminating in Ribadu reminding the electorate that he is subject to an ethnic party and shreading off the false "progressives" cloth AC is trying to veil herself with.

Even with all the SW media uproar, with the words "I am a proud rascal" from Ribadu, when GEJ only adressed SW leaders, Ribadu is clothing himself with a strong yourba coloured cloth. If GEJ exercerbates this and forces Ribadu and his sponsors to keep responding, He may not get votes from the SW which he aready expects, but Ribadu will not get votes outside the SW, even from the North (the main reason why AC selected him).
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ I don't think I support any of what you have above, even though I do not see the reason for the Governor challenging the Federal Government to a public debate.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by ShangoThor(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2011
KenGali:

Fashola is really over reaching his credentials here. He is a Governor on an ethnic party challenging The President and Presidential aspirant of the only National Party in Nigeria to a debate. Does that mean his party has no other person at the level of Presidential Aspiration to challenge GEJ or rather the He is not too satisfied with Ribadu's response. Fashola may be doing well, but it is not lost to people outside Lagos that he is only refurbishing Roads and Faclities built with Federal Fund and by FG, his major works are simply beautification inspite of the huge revenue from tax.

Fortunately or Unfortunately, ACN failed to see the moves entailed in GEJ's comments. It was an attack meant for Ribadu with several hydra heads, but ultimately culminating in Ribadu reminding the electorate that he is subject to an ethnic party and shreading off the false "progressives" cloth AC is trying to veil herself with.

Even with all the SW media uproar, with the words "I am a proud rascal" from Ribadu, when GEJ only adressed SW leaders, Ribadu is clothing himself with a strong yourba coloured cloth. If GEJ exercerbates this and forces Ribadu and his sponsors to keep responding, He may not get votes from the SW which he aready expects, but Ribadu will not get votes outside the SW, even from the North (the main reason why AC selected him).

This is NIGERIA, you either believe it or you don’t.

This is not the Sharia Banana Republic of the Slave Coast. Enough is enough!

Mediocrity has no place in what we are trying to build or accomplish, this is a new generation, it’s our time!
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by erastus75: 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2011
ShangoThor:

The bottom line is this, Fashola has every right to throw down the debate Gauntlet, especially as he was reacting to one of the President’s disrespectful and personal comments/gaffes.

GEJ would get slaughtered by Fashola if he ever took up the challenge, and he will be exposed as being an unsophisticated and lacking real leadership qualities.

Fashola was partially educated at Igbobi College, and back in the day they had a fantastic debating tradition and he was trained well and he knows it. I’m telling you Fashola is the real deal, proper pedigree and I have so much confidence in his abilities that I would be willing to stake my life in a bet that he would be able to turn the Nation around in no less than 2 years if he was president of Nigeria. Actually, you don’t need to take my word for it; he would debate with anybody at anytime, providing intelligent counter arguments. I mean with ordinary folk or citizenry as well as top politicians.

He has vision, this is NIGERIA, not the Sharia Banana Republic of the Slave Coast.

I am sick and tired of all this mediocrity, damnnnnn

You then think you have a dumb as a President huh? He will not be able to defend his policies,actions and inactions abi? Come off this crap and let us remember that, it is all about politics(permanent interest and no permanent friend)
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by ShangoThor(m): 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
erastus75:

You then think you have a dumb as a President huh? He will not be able to defend his policies,actions and inactions abi? Come off this crap and let us remember that, it is all about politics(permanent interest and no permanent friend)

It's simple, prove it. Where are the debates in general. Prove it !. Mr President please show everybody your skills.

Or is this not deemed a privilege because a citizen is demanding a basic, very basic demand. This is nothing personal.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by playboy19(m): 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2011
erastus75:

Please tell us what we don't know already. Plus what does that has to do with the debate . Does that in any way assure us of his ability to  be able to defend himself in the debate. Let him call the bluff first and see how it'll go.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2011
ShangoThor:

It's simple, prove it. Where are the debates in general. Prove it !. Mr President please show everybody your skills.

Or is this not deemed a privilege because a citizen is demanding a basic, very basic demand. This is nothing personal.

You have made a big mistake here. The President NEVER pretended to have skills of any kind. As a matter of fact, Fashola happened to have been one of those, who about this time last year protested to have a man, with NO RECORDS OF ACHIEVEMENTS AS STATE GOVERNOR, installed as Acting President, and then President.

What skills do we now want him to show us?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by ShangoThor(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You have made a big mistake here. The President NEVER pretended to have skills of any kind. As a matter of fact, Fashola happened to have been one of those, who about this time last year protested to have a man, with NO RECORDS OF ACHIEVEMENTS AS STATE GOVERNOR, installed as Acting President, and then President.

What skills do we now want him to show us?

I don't completely understand you, are you saying he doesn't have to? Nigerian citizens deserve to be informed about a Leaders vision! Simple!

It's time to build, I'm done with crawling!
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by NIGboi(m): 11:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
most of the folks here are actually missing the point. for a serving president to call other "leaders" in his country rascals because they are not members of his party, then he must have a huge problem.
GEJ should focus on developing Nigeria. Fashola has a right to protect his party as long as it is by legal means. I guess the debate is legal.

for those throwing akpabio's name around ,they had better shut their mouths because they probably don't know what they are saying. he most definitely is not in the league of fashola, chime or amaechi.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by lastpage: 12:31am On Feb 13, 2011
This "REMINDS" me of the M.K.O ABIOLA Vs. BASHIRU TOFA debate on NTA under the "unending" Transition Programme of Ibrahim Babangida (Then Head of State of the "Step-aside" fame   tongue ) in the early 1990's

It was that debate that "exposed and finished" BASHIRU TOFA grin grin

If you think GEJ is not soo-smart, then watch-out!

HE WILL NEVER ATTEND A DEBATE LIKE THAT! shocked shocked
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by playboy19(m): 12:38am On Feb 13, 2011
I'm sure he won't pick up the debate ticket because he understands that "Luck" can't him in that regard
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by ekubear1: 6:20am On Feb 13, 2011
lastpage:

This "REMINDS" me of the M.K.O ABIOLA Vs. BASHIRU TOFA debate on NTA under the "unending" Transition Programme of Ibrahim Babangida (Then Head of State of the "Step-aside" fame   tongue ) in the early 1990's

It was that debate that "exposed and finished" BASHIRU TOFA grin grin

If you think GEJ is not soo-smart, then watch-out!

HE WILL NEVER ATTEND A DEBATE LIKE THAT! shocked shocked
grin grin grin

Fashola would cook GEJ in any debate. T.K.O.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by erastus75: 7:20am On Feb 13, 2011
Most people are just being silly.what has Fashola done to improve ur quality of life but instead taxing us double. My basic salary and other stuffs to make up my whole salary is taxed n then I will go to the market to buy food stuffs. I can only see beautification of Lagos other than that is the relaying of roads which is his primary assignment.

Fashola should not in any way insult the President before he became a Governor,GEJ beng there n done it. How could a State Governor challenge a President for a debate? It has not been done before n never will it happen, it's an insult in the highest order n it shows the spirit of rascals(agberos).

I use to enjoy my salary but no more because of silly taxing, revenue coming to Lagos is double 9 states in Nigeria combined together and if I may ask,has ur life improved since the coming of Fashola to Power? Definitely the answer is N and the O gbam.

Let us put aside sentiments and face facts here, he has been paying lots of billions to his godfather n because the Godfather knows if he should abandon Fashola for another aspirant, thats the end of ACN in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2011
ShangoThor:

This is NIGERIA, you either believe it or you don’t.

This is not the Sharia Banana Republic of the Slave Coast. Enough is enough!

Mediocrity has no place in what we are trying to build or accomplish, this is a new generation, it’s our time!

This is a new generation,I totally agree with you,but we must not turn it to a lawless geneartion.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2011
People make me laugh on nairaland with unguarded and ignorant comments about political structures.We all know if there is one thing the ACN is good at,it is Talking,Talking and more Talking.We also know Lawyers are also good at Talking,Talking and more talking.But does that make them good leaders? BIG NO!!! Fashola is an ACN man,a Lawyer and we all know his tribe.And these 3 combine shows he will be very good at talking.So I am not surprise some people want GEJ to lower himself to Fashola level to engage him in a debate as if the Man who talks more is the most credible person to lead.Fashola had the opportunity to contest the presidency under ACN where he stand a better chance to engage GEJ in a debate,but he failed to run as a president but waited for his puppet master(Tinubu) to pull the string in him(Puppet) to run as a Governor.He should concentrate at his level and engage Governors like Akpabio,Chime who are Governors and Lawyers like himself in a debate.He should also engage his puppet Master(Tinubu) in a debate on how to stop the billions going into Tinubu company.Alternatively,he should just apply to become Ribadu spoke person so that we can be convinced he is talking for the ACN presidential candidates.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by rasputinn(m): 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2011
Ozin:

.He should concentrate at his level and engage Governors like Akpabio,Chime who are Governors and Lawyers like himself in a debate.He should also engage his puppet Master(Tinubu) in a debate on how to stop the billions going into Tinubu company[b].Alternatively,he should just apply to become Ribadu spoke person so that we can be convinced he is talking for the ACN presidential candidates.[/b]

cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by ShangoThor(m): 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
Ozin:

This is a new generation,I totally agree with you,but we must not turn it to a lawless geneartion.

What lawlessness, how is having a public debate between public officials at different levels synonymous to 'Lawlessness', huh

What laws will be broken?

I swear people just seem to make things up as they go along! Let us stick to the issues, Fashola's ethnicity is irrelevant.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by DisGuy: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2011
Ozin:

People make me laugh on nairaland with unguarded and ignorant comments about political structures.We all know if there is one thing the ACN is good at,it is Talking,Talking and more Talking.We also know Lawyers are also good at Talking,Talking and more talking.But does that make them good leaders? BIG NO!!! Fashola is an ACN man,a Lawyer and we all know his tribe.And these 3 combine shows he will be very good at talking.So I am not surprise some people want GEJ to lower himself to Fashola level to engage him in a debate as if the Man who talks more is the most credible person to lead.Fashola had the opportunity to contest the presidency under ACN where he stand a better chance to engage GEJ in a debate,but he failed to run as a president but waited for his puppet master(Tinubu) to pull the string in him(Puppet) to run as a Governor.He should concentrate at his level and engage Governors like Akpabio,Chime who are Governors and Lawyers like himself in a debate.He should also engage his puppet Master(Tinubu) in a debate on how to stop the billions going into Tinubu company.Alternatively,he should just apply to become Ribadu spoke person so that we can be convinced he is talking for the ACN presidential candidates.

How inane, so because Fashola is an ACN governor, a yoruba and a respected lawyer he shouldn't defend or say anything back to the fish seller, pdp lightweight and a Bayelsa man, Atleast Fashola has never been criticised for being incompetent and lacking leadership unlike this bolo there causing death everywhere. I don't understand how people think opposition party members cant challenge the ruling parties policies. didn't realise all opposition to teh presidency should be laid through the spokesperson, Ed Balls should take note, all criticism should go through Ed milliband and their party spokesperson

hasnt GEJ lowered himself calling elected governor rascals?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by AFOOooo(m): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
I dare GEJ to pick the belt or he should simply come out to say he can decend so low to engage a bloody state governor in debate.
If pdp think their presidential candidate can not engage a governor, they should produce their best four governors to face the ACN rascals in Osun, Ekiti, Edo and Lagos in a public debate.
Jonathan Vs Ribadu ancord by Gbenga Aruleba of ""Focus Nigeria" will be a delight.
Let Obasanjo slog it out with Tinubu
Let Rufai Akali tackle Lai Muhammed
Let Patricia Ete face Abike Dabiri
Let David mark challenge Olurumbe Mamora.

Well, we shall see what they can offer when Fashola and Dosumu meet on CHANNELS TELIVISION on 2nd of March by 7pm to 9pm.
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by jason123: 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2011
AFOOooo, :

I dare GEJ to pick the belt or he should simply come out to say he can decend so low to engage a bloody state governor in debate.
If pdp think their presidential candidate can not engage a governor, they should produce their best four governors to face the ACN rascals in Osun, Ekiti, Edo and Lagos in a public debate
Jonathan Vs Ribadu ancord by Gbenga Aruleba of ""Focus Nigeria" will be a delight.
Let Obasanjo slog it out with Tinubu
Let Rufai Akali tackle Lai Muhammed
Let Patricia Ete face Abike Dabiri
Let David mark challenge Olurumbe Mamora.

Well, we shall see what they can offer when Fashola and Dosumu meet on CHANNELS TELIVISION on 2nd of March by 7pm to 9pm.

I have been waiting for them to do this.
My brother, Nigerians vote on sentiments and not concrete evidence or change. I mean, take a look at this :

Ozin:

Now, can you see that some Nigerians are scarily stupid undecided sad .
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 5:13am On Feb 14, 2011
Dis Guy:

How inane, so because Fashola is an ACN governor, a yoruba and a respected lawyer he shouldn't defend or say anything back to the fish seller, pdp lightweight and a Bayelsa man, Atleast Fashola has never been criticised for being incompetent and lacking leadership unlike this bolo there causing death everywhere. I don't understand how people think opposition party members cant challenge the ruling parties policies. didn't realise all opposition to teh presidency should be laid through the spokesperson, Ed Balls should take note, all criticism should go through Ed milliband and their party spokesperson

hasnt GEJ lowered himself calling elected governor rascals?

Can you show us an evidence here where GEJ called him(Fashola) a rascal? And who told you Fashola is competent?because of road repairs?for christ sake that guy is not doing anybody a favour,he is just doing 1 out of a million things he should be doing as an elected Governor.aside the road repairs,tell us other things Fashola has done that makes him competent.By trying to go above his level for a debate? or by paying his Puppet master(Tinubu Company) Billions from Lagos state money?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by erastus75: 8:47am On Feb 14, 2011
Ozin:

Can you show us an evidence here where GEJ called him(Fashola) a rascal? And who told you Fashola is competent?because of road repairs?for christ sake that guy is not doing anybody a favour,he is just doing 1 out of a million things he should be doing as an elected Governor.aside the road repairs,tell us other things Fashola has done that makes him competent.By trying to go above his level for a debate? or by paying his Puppet master(Tinubu Company) Billions from Lagos state money?

Please tell them
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Avalani(m): 9:18am On Feb 14, 2011
Fashola, Ribadu, ACN, and all the brainless people who are empty-headed enough to be manouvered and swayed by cheap political shots by inexperienced nigerians should shut up.

If Fashola is so qualified, he should have vied for the presidential candidacy (It is so mediocre of him to gun for his own position, which he knows he will win via Lagos agberos). He is like a lightweight boxer sitting among the spectators yet throwing challenges to a heavyweight contender who is inside the ring and preparing for a fight. If he is so intelligent and strong politically, then he ought to have bought a form to contest for the presidency. What indeed has Fashola done besides going into BRT business, planting MTN and GLO flowers, while displaying blueprints of a fairytale plan. In case he has forgotten, he is a youruba man who values respecting elders and superiors and should stop insulting his president like a child. During OBJ's reign, God knows he made indeed very shameful statements especially during Y'ardua's campaign (coincidentally). I honestly dont blame him. If not for Tinubu in conjunction with his agberos that handed Lagos state to him,

And Ribadu is not even worth talking about. It is envious so many people are envious of GEJ's quick rise in nigerian politics,, not to mention his popularity. GEJ is not perfect but past leaders have been worse.

So please shut up and vote as you will!
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by DisGuy: 2:57pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ozin:

Oh please you dont have to called somebody out by name, you're man goofed and he has been appropriately shown his place- till today nobody denies he is incompetent, Governor are not there to do us a favour, he is doing his job- providing conducive environment for residents and businesses- investing in security; apart from announcing contracts every Wednesday and criticising the curriculum where are the roads built/repaid by this dufus of a president, people are so quick to point to the time frame but then again where are the end products of the contracts announced in the previous years, he has obviously allowed cabals to walk free pocketing billions; importing ordinary waste bins is not exactly a competent thing to do in a country with thriving plastic company, importing toothpicks isn't smart is it?
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 15, 2011
Dis Guy:

Oh please you dont have to called somebody out by name, you're man goofed and he has been appropriately shown his place- till today nobody denies he is incompetent, Governor are not there to do us a favour, he is doing his job- providing conducive environment for residents and businesses- investing in security; apart from announcing contracts every Wednesday and criticising the curriculum where are the roads built/repaid by this dufus of a president, people are so quick to point to the time frame but then again where are the end products of the contracts announced in the previous years, he has obviously allowed cabals to walk free pocketing billions; importing ordinary waste bins is not exactly a competent thing to do in a country with thriving plastic company, importing toothpicks isn't smart is it?

Then we can as well just call GEJ the great Magician if you are expecting all these within less than one year he attained leadership after the 50years destruction by other leaders
Re: Fashola Challenges Fg To Public Debate Ahead Of April Polls by honeric01(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2011
Ozin:

Then we can as well just call GEJ the great Magician if you are expecting all these within less than one year he attained leadership after the 50years destruction by other leaders

So you mean it takes more than 1 year to know that you don't import what you produce, we have series of companies that produce wastebin and toothpick, yet you are asking that we give GEJ more than 1 year to figure that out? tell me you're joking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Stops GEJ From Attending His Brother's Wedding / The Politics Of Oil And The Yorubas / Ambode Constitutes Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Board.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.