Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,458 members, 7,861,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! (42299 Views)

Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do / After Drinking My Husband Sobolo It Landed Me To Hospital Woman Revealed / Woman Surprises Her Husband By Paying Off His Debt (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by InstamediaTv: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
What if i show you what i did to earn $1000 in 2 weeks from Forsage without a single Referral?
Would you grab it?IF YES,
Then, Join below����
https://bit .ly/3ip71qP (remove the space)
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by lekonso: 9:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
Go and tell your mother the truth. She is your mother. She will not deny you. Sure, she will be angry with you, but she will not say she is not the one that gave birth to you. If you don't tell your mother who do you think can feel for you. See, the natural love of mother can still work wonders.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by omoadeleye(m): 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
merieam16:
Go and confess ur sins to ur mum.U cant keep hiding the truth frm her cos its even her money.

Sooner or later she will get to find out and that will b more devastating,so do urself d gud of telling her nd also having peace of mind somehow

And as for the guy u re owning, u kno mothers are compassionate and caring who knows she can help u raise some money to clear ur debt and avoid u been embarrassed later on

Or maybe he should keep playing the bet, he might cash out big time, and he should not tell his mom now, if he doesn't want her mom to shock.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Millennialaku(m): 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hugo55:
I understand you perfectly bro, I have been there too.
Finally realized that what kills people in betting is greed. Wanting to make thousands and millions with so many odds.

Betting actually goes with great self discipline.
This is the secret of betting. Just bet ONLY one game with maybe 1.2 or 1.3 odd, that's it. and watch your money grow.
Refuse to be tempted with so much games, NO.
remember this, takes self discipline.

But for now, I will advise you to stop anything betting and tell your mom the truth.
grin grin grin

damn nigarrr, Its like you are new to betting. A gee will know that even an odd as low as 1 is not safe

some weeks back, a guy here on nairaland placed his 800k on a 2+ODD game (ONLY one game oh grin), to win 2 million......of course it ended in premium tears

BETTING IS FOR THE RICH WHO CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE THE MONEY THEY PLACE ON BETS

ITS PURE-LUCK cool

8 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Yoighaman(m): 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2020
@OP: Please don't beat yourself up and please don't even think of what you have been insinuating indirectly, it's never an option, please.

The deed has been done and there's nothing you can do to reverse it. You lost N600k, I lost millions of naira in time past, the only difference between our cases was that the lost funds were entirely mine.

Don't you ever tell your mother or that guy what really transpired, that would be the greatest mistake you would ever make, far weightier than you losing the money through sports betting. None of them would ever trust you again for the rest of their lives, especially your mother. Trust is a very fragile emotion, once broken, it's gone for life except God intervenes.

That said, please understand that the toughest moments of our lives bring out the best in us. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. You never can imagine what you can do until you get to a point in your life when your back is up against the wall and that's the exact point you are right now.

Take a chill pill, relax, pray, think, think, think, think and think, there's always a way out of every bad and challenging situation. This would not kill you, 5 years from now, you will look back and find how you wriggled out of this situation extremely amazing. Think bro, then act, you will make that N600k, there are a thousand ways to die, there are also a thousand ways to live.

This too shall pass but whatever you decide to do, my number one advice is never tell your mum, don't you ever.

I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Averys(f): 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ojay
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
This one pass me I swear. Make elders come helo abeg
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by SeriouslySense(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Thank you for that advise. its good for him.
Blissquare:
We try to protect ourselves from shame but when we are exposed, trying not to die is the new priority.

betting is addictive. i hope you have learnt your lesson? never do it again. you would still be tempted but you have to learn to stop at all cost.

tell your mother the truth. get yourself a job and you would be able to pay back gradually. she might help you to pay back the boy but it would be fair if you get a job and pay her back with time. if you can help her out in her business to show your remorse, it would be appreciated if you can not find a job. there is a fine educated young guy that takes dried stalk fish around the market and I'm sure he makes more than his mother who is stationed at her stand. nothing is too rudiculous as long as it is legit and you must not be too proud to trade your mother's goods/products for her.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by merieam16(f): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
omoadeleye:

Or maybe he should keep playing the bet, he might cash out big time, and he should not tell his mom now, if he doesn't want her mom to shock.
Gud advice, so wat u will do nw is to ask 4 his acct number and credit him with some money so he can continue with his betting. wat do u tink?

2 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by adanny01(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
When a friend of mine introduced me to betting, I quickly realised its not a profit making venture (the way we do it). I have friends that will bet their entire salary on a game.

Just like a Ponzi, you don't put your savings. You put what you can afford to lose with a smile and not lose sleep.

I decided that N100/day and N400/week is my personal limit and I stuck to that. I did add personal rules and kept to it. This helped me curtail the spending and serial loosing.

I have seen how professional bettors do it and may invest in it sometime but for now, betting isn't even interesting.

Betting is not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by lekonso: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
cedricksly:
You are evil and a thief to even consider using your mum's account playing fast on her maybe because she trusted you or she is ignorant how bank work... U should be arrested.... Just go to hell you deserve to be a loner.....

Though don't kill yourself, hustle legit without forex or betting coz it's obvious u not even an intermediate in forex, broker will always use u to shine... After u pay ur mum and the boy their money u can do whatsoever you want with ur fraudulent life

You are a very wicked person. Are you perfect? Have you not committed any sin since you were born? Everyone one has made a mistake before at one time or the other. The most important thing in life is to learn from your mistakes. You are talking as if you have never committed any sin in your life.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by seancombs617: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
Gambling is a cankerworm grin
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by SenecaTheYonger: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
I’m glad I traded forex very early on in life before online betting was a thing. I lost $100 in 6 months of trying. I’m learnt the hard way that prediction is no way to make money.

Immediately online betting became popular, I realized that it looked exactly like forex trading and I never opened an account till today. I didn't shy away because of the money I lost, but because of how extremly difficult it really is. And no one will ever tell you that they are both the most difficult adn unpredictable ways to make money in this life.

4 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by efemena5050(m): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
ikechukwu150:
if you cant advice the guy,why not shut up pls.. Only God knows if you are not worse than him.. Mr Saint!!!
noted now run along pls
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Champneys: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:
In Need Of A Serious And Sincere Advice

Hi Nairanlanders,

I would have loved pour out all I'm going through but posting about personal issues can be really boring to some people and also, some might think this is some sort of competition cos of the rate at which people speak about their ordeals lately. I have done something really terrible which I personally go crazy anytime I think of it to my mom. All I feel right now is depression, anxiety, unhappiness and frustration that I'm afraid I may do something crazy. However, I'm in need of a serious advice and counselling from concerned people. I'm willing to let everything out... I NEED HELP, I'M SO GOING NUTS!!!

MODIFIED: Since many are of the opinion that I type it here, I'm going to do it..

December 2018, a boy in my neighborhood who is also like a relative started making some savings with me, unfortunately that was the time I started betting as well. I used to be very trustworthy when it comes to managing people's money that's why he entrusted his money in my care.

Betting later got the best of me, I used part of the money to bet, that was how this ordeal started. In the quest of refunding the money I used on betting, I kept losing the more. I lost up to 90k before coming up with a lie of how the money was stolen in my forex trading account but I promised to refund the money.

While trying to refund the money I kept losing the little I had with me till I got hold of my mom's bank account, this started around October last year. I kept using my mom's money and the loss kept accumulating. I was able to recover the loss on my mom's bank account before 2019 ended. Now to 2020, the boy kept asking for his money, I had to return to using my mom's money again as I had no other hope of getting the money.. how I wish I had told my mom about the whole thing when it was still amendable. Fast forward to today, I have used virtually all my mom's bank savings from betting to forex trading without her knowledge.

When she noticed about the error in her account, I had to lie I helped her fix her account as she doesn't make withdrawals from her account  cos she's a trader who doesn't use her bank savings for her business.. I'm finished now, I lied to her the duration of the fix is 4 months and she's expecting the money with return by August ending.

Together with the money I owe the other boy, I'm in over 600k debt... I seriously don't know how I got here, I wish I can turn back time, I feel drained... I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like I have failed the woman who has always shown me nothing but love and care. I failed her, I failed the woman who has always trusted me to be a good son.  I even had to lie to her! Each time I think of telling her about everything, I get sick. I can't keep on going this way.. I just want this to end. I'm really SAD 

Eeeyah..... sad
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
WhisperedNoise:

Yeahhh

(S)he should type the story here, and edit out the personal details.

A yoruba adage says, one doesn't hide himself from the person who will wash his corpse. grin
òkú kín fara pamọ fún ẹni tí awẹ
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
annayawchee:
You are too greedy...

How can you do this to your mother?

You lost a whooping 90k and your sense didn't tell you to stop!? You had to turn your attention to your mom's account? You even lied to cover the irregularities in her account.. You practically exploited her ignorance..

You are a big dissapointment and a greedy fellow...

Greedy thing... 600k u never hustled for, you blew it on frivolity.. Shey your eyes Don clear!!

Go and confess, then hustle to pay back their money cos tears won't solve it, u don't know how hard it is to make 600k this days....

this your comment is too harsh oo i hope he won't get depressed and do something evil to himself
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Oblongata: 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
I had access to my mum’s account many years ago and I took a lot of it...

I spent her millions on failed businesses and she didn’t know it...

I would always fake her alert and I was hoping I would recover the money in due time, but things got worse and I went deeper into the account

Lucky enough for me, I confided in an elder and she advised me to confess to her

I eventually did and she forgave me later...

I eventually found peace, and I developed my businesses

My mum died and I felt consoled that I made amendments with her before she left...

We make mistakes in life, but we shouldn’t die from it...

Life is too good

2 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
merieam16:
Gud advice, so wat u will do nw is to ask 4 his acct number and credit him with some money so he can continue with his betting. wat do u tink?
salvage response
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WhisperedNoise: 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Topmaike007:
òkú kín fara pamọ fún ẹni tí awẹ

cheesy
I stan!
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by frozen70(f): 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
ikechukwu150:
Is this what you're going to tell the poor Dude. You are not a good person at alllll.

Just tell me what's wrong with this
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Millennialaku:

grin grin grin

My guy, Its like you are new to betting. A gee will know that even an odd as low as 1 is not safe

some weeks back, a guy here on nairaland placed his 800k on a 2+ODD game (ONLY one game oh grin), to win 2 million......of course it ended in premium tears

BETTING IS FOR THE RICH WHO CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE THE MONEY THEY PLACE ON BETS

ITS PURE-LUCK cool
why you remember the one wey don go na...
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
WhisperedNoise:

cheesy
I stan!
I pity the guy I hope he won't do what he is thinking now to himself
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Ishilove: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
xynerise:

This one pass elders power o. You better drop your one coin for this matter. Make me I go piss first
Even 1 Kobo I no fit drop for this palava. I weak
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
InstamediaTv:
What if i show you what i did to earn $1000 in 2 weeks from Forsage without a single Referral?
Would you grab it?IF YES,
Then, Join below����
https://bit .ly/3ip71qP (remove the space)
this is another devil that look like the one that introduced sport betting to op
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Millennialaku(m): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Topmaike007:
why you remember the one wey don go na...
i was simply trying to point out to the guy that there is nothing like "SURE GAME" (only real ones can relate tho grin)
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ishilove:

wetin do you na
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tiredoflife(m): 9:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
Why do I find this stupid
U are a forex trader
Yet u went into betting
If u are a forex trader as u claimed ur mother's money would have been able to get u out of this mess
I have been a forex trader since 2007
600k common
That's ok to trade u to profit of at least 100k a week
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WhisperedNoise: 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Topmaike007:
I pity the guy I hope he won't do what he is thinking now to himself
Nah
He seems like a strong one. I know he'll conquer this and learn from it.
God is with him.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Millennialaku:

i was simply trying to point out to the guy that there is nothing like "SURE GAME" (only real ones can relate tho grin)
I dey tell you na 1.5 odd spoil 66k wey I suppose chop last month..

The only money I can you in sport betting is not more than 1k and nothing else...
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by xynerise: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ishilove:

E be like say na every week this kind thread dey show face. Next week one person go soon open thread say e sell the only land for his kindred use take play Bet. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WhisperedNoise: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
Oblongata:
I had access to my mum’s account many years ago and I took a lot of it...

I spent her millions on failed businesses and she didn’t know it...

I would always fake her alert and I was hoping I would recover the money in due time, but things got worse and I went deeper into the account

Lucky enough for me, I confided in an elder and she advised me to confess to her

I eventually did and she forgave me later...

I eventually found peace, and I developed my businesses

My mum died and I felt consoled that I made amendments with her before she left...

We make mistakes in life, but we shouldn’t die from it...

Life is too good
Woow
This is bittersweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday With A Billboard In Lagos (photos) / There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja / Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.