Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,453 members, 7,861,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:26 AM

Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! (42298 Views)

Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do / After Drinking My Husband Sobolo It Landed Me To Hospital Woman Revealed / Woman Surprises Her Husband By Paying Off His Debt (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
WhisperedNoise:

Nah
He seems like a strong one. I know he'll conquer this and learn from it.
God is with him.
I no dey do pass my self oo my will power for sport betting ever since I started 5 years ago is not more than 1k in a week..
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Millennialaku(m): 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Topmaike007:
I dey tell you na 1.5 odd spoil 66k wey I suppose chop last month ..

The only money I can you in sport betting is not more than 1k and nothing else...

grin I can totally relate....sorry bro. E for sha better if you freestyle betting kpata kpata
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by jaxxy(m): 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:
In Need Of A Serious And Sincere Advice

Hi Nairanlanders,

I would have loved pour out all I'm going through but posting about personal issues can be really boring to some people and also, some might think this is some sort of competition cos of the rate at which people speak about their ordeals lately. I have done something really terrible which I personally go crazy anytime I think of it to my mom. All I feel right now is depression, anxiety, unhappiness and frustration that I'm afraid I may do something crazy. However, I'm in need of a serious advice and counselling from concerned people. I'm willing to let everything out... I NEED HELP, I'M SO GOING NUTS!!!

MODIFIED: Since many are of the opinion that I type it here, I'm going to do it..

December 2018, a boy in my neighborhood who is also like a relative started making some savings with me, unfortunately that was the time I started betting as well. I used to be very trustworthy when it comes to managing people's money that's why he entrusted his money in my care.

Betting later got the best of me, I used part of the money to bet, that was how this ordeal started. In the quest of refunding the money I used on betting, I kept losing the more. I lost up to 90k before coming up with a lie of how the money was stolen in my forex trading account but I promised to refund the money.

While trying to refund the money I kept losing the little I had with me till I got hold of my mom's bank account, this started around October last year. I kept using my mom's money and the loss kept accumulating. I was able to recover the loss on my mom's bank account before 2019 ended. Now to 2020, the boy kept asking for his money, I had to return to using my mom's money again as I had no other hope of getting the money.. how I wish I had told my mom about the whole thing when it was still amendable. Fast forward to today, I have used virtually all my mom's bank savings from betting to forex trading without her knowledge.

When she noticed about the error in her account, I had to lie I helped her fix her account as she doesn't make withdrawals from her account  cos she's a trader who doesn't use her bank savings for her business.. I'm finished now, I lied to her the duration of the fix is 4 months and she's expecting the money with return by August ending.

Together with the money I owe the other boy, I'm in over 600k debt... I seriously don't know how I got here, I wish I can turn back time, I feel drained... I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like I have failed the woman who has always shown me nothing but love and care. I failed her, I failed the woman who has always trusted me to be a good son.  I even had to lie to her! Each time I think of telling her about everything, I get sick. I can't keep on going this way.. I just want this to end. I'm really SAD 

First thing u need to do is STOP! Then use Ure head and THINK. What exactly are u doing? Why are u trying to destroy urself? U see what Ure doing is taking u down the wrong path and ure on a loosing streak, u can see it and feel it yet refused to stop.

U are playing with 2 high risk investments or even games Forex and gambling and u have no self control, restrictions or restraints??

Once u’ve dealt with urself, u need to find safe ways of replacing that money. Beg people if u have to. Bt pls give urself sense and never go down this part again. Don’t repeat same thing and expect a different outcome.

2 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Stocktrader: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

I would have loved pour out all I'm going through but posting about personal issues can be really boring to some people and also, some might think this is some sort of competition cos of the rate at which people speak about their ordeals lately. I have done something really terrible which I personally go crazy anytime I think of it to my mom. All I feel right now is depression, anxiety, unhappiness and frustration that I'm afraid I may do something crazy. However, I'm in need of a serious advice and counselling from concerned people. I'm willing to let everything out... I NEED HELP, I'M SO GOING NUTS!!!

MODIFIED: Since many are of the opinion that I type it here, I'm going to do it..

December 2018, a boy in my neighborhood who is also like a relative started making some savings with me, unfortunately that was the time I started betting as well. I used to be very trustworthy when it comes to managing people's money that's why he entrusted his money in my care.

Betting later got the best of me, I used part of the money to bet, that was how this ordeal started. In the quest of refunding the money I used on betting, I kept losing the more. I lost up to 90k before coming up with a lie of how the money was stolen in my forex trading account but I promised to refund the money.

While trying to refund the money I kept losing the little I had with me till I got hold of my mom's bank account, this started around October last year. I kept using my mom's money and the loss kept accumulating. I was able to recover the loss on my mom's bank account before 2019 ended. Now to 2020, the boy kept asking for his money, I had to return to using my mom's money again as I had no other hope of getting the money.. how I wish I had told my mom about the whole thing when it was still amendable. Fast forward to today, I have used virtually all my mom's bank savings from betting to forex trading without her knowledge.

When she noticed about the error in her account, I had to lie I helped her fix her account as she doesn't make withdrawals from her account  cos she's a trader who doesn't use her bank savings for her business.. I'm finished now, I lied to her the duration of the fix is 4 months and she's expecting the money with return by August ending.

Together with the money I owe the other boy, I'm in over 600k debt... I seriously don't know how I got here, I wish I can turn back time, I feel drained... I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like I have failed the woman who has always shown me nothing but love and care. I failed her, I failed the woman who has always trusted me to be a good son.  I even had to lie to her! Each time I think of telling her about everything, I get sick. I can't keep on going this way.. I just want this to end. I'm really SAD 
I think it's high time Nigeria Government Ban betting, betting is not for Poor people, I have lost over 20 million in bets, And the highest amount i have won is 270k,but it's all good though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by God1stson(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
frozen70:
Why not spill it out here, we learn from here too
That's why I love the HOLY SCRIPTURES VERY WELL. ANYTHING GOD CONDEMNS HE HAS SEEN THE BEGINNING AND THE END. FOR ALL THOSE STILL ADDICTED TO GAMBLING, IF U DON'T ASK GOD TO FREE U AND WORK TOWARDS STOPING IT, U WILL BE THE NEXT IN LINE. U CAN QUOTE ME NA 100% SURE BET NO ODD.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by God1stson(m): 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
merieam16:
Go and confess ur sins to ur mum.U cant keep hiding the truth frm her cos its even her money.

Sooner or later she will get to find out and that will b more devastating,so do urself d gud of telling her nd also having peace of mind somehow

And as for the guy u re owing, u kno mothers are compassionate and caring who knows she can help u raise some money to clear ur debt and avoid u been embarrassed later on
Ur are very correct. Find a subtle way to tell her, That way the embarrassment that will emanate from it will disuade u from betting and order elicit.

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by skyfather09(m): 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

mama's boy... gambling no good, them dey tell una everytime una no wan hear now see... you sef no try for your mother oh.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by officialfestus(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

you see your life... W@yward life...you ought to have di€d long ago.... People fabricating stories to make fp
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by omoadeleye(m): 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
merieam16:
Gud advice, so wat u will do nw is to ask 4 his acct number and credit him with some money so he can continue with his betting. wat do u tink?

Ah, I don't have money
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
Sport betting (virtual),FOREX and MMM are the three major things that have thought me life lesson. Whenever I see anybody indurgng in any of them, I will rather but wish them good luck.The debt I incurred from FOREX, I'm still paying till now. Thank God for His grace.

3 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
Millennialaku:

grin I can totally relate....sorry bro. E for sha better if you freestyle betting kpata kpata
lolz
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Prince4rm92(m): 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
Wait till premier league start cheesy
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by annayawchee: 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
Topmaike007:
this your comment is too harsh oo i hope he won't get depressed and do something evil to himself
harsh??

What if he withdrew 90k from his mother's account and settle the guy? Do you think the 600k would have been lost?

He is greedy ..
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by OvaSabi1(f): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Best option is if you're lucky to get a job here. Even if na labourer or factory work it is better. Somebody should help the OP. You will now look for an elderly person or religious leader around you and confess to them. Let them follow you to your mum and confess to her and calm her down. Then you will introduce your boss to your mother and make them pay part of your salary to your mother over a period of time until you finish paying. She will need to change access to that bank account and give the ATM card to the elderly person who is helping you settle the case. She will need to disable mobile money transfer and any other applications that have made it easy for you to access the money.

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by ellizy(m): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hugo55:
I understand you perfectly bro, I have been there too.
Finally realized that what kills people in betting is greed. Wanting to make thousands and millions with so many odds.

Betting actually goes with great self discipline.
This is the secret of betting. Just bet ONLY one game with maybe 1.2 or 1.3 odd, that's it. and watch your money grow.
Refuse to be tempted with so much games, NO.
remember this, takes self discipline. United was given less than 1.30 odds today and they couldn’t win

But for now, I will advise you to stop anything betting and tell your mom the truth.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by ellizy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

The only thing I wish I could stop in my life is sport bet gambling... have swear on several occasions I wouldn’t do again until I find myself doing it...
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tot(f): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Topmaike007:
I no dey do pass my self oo my will power for sport betting ever since I started 5 years ago is not more than 1k in a week..

1k a week, 4-5k a month = ~ 50k a year. In 5 years, that's 250k already.

Considering inflation and opportunity cost, if you've not made at least 400k to recover that 250k and additional returns, that's money down the drain...

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tot(f): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
omoadeleye:

Or maybe he should keep playing the bet, he might cash out big time, and he should not tell his mom now, if he doesn't want her mom to shock.

He is in a deep hole already, this your advice is equivalent to him digging even deeper - unto total destruction.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by niceguy555: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hugo55:
I understand you perfectly bro, I have been there too.
Finally realized that what kills people in betting is greed. Wanting to make thousands and millions with so many odds.

Betting actually goes with great self discipline.
This is the secret of betting. Just bet ONLY one game with maybe 1.2 or 1.3 odd, that's it. and watch your money grow.
Refuse to be tempted with so much games, NO.
remember this, takes self discipline.

But for now, I will advise you to stop anything betting and tell your mom the truth.

You are very correct. It is good to bet with little odds and watch your money grow
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Ayobamix(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
Brother I don't have much to say but put yourself together you will soon get their sniper won't solve it please
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by martinlooter(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

If u be you, I go commit suicide straight.

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 11:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
annayawchee:
harsh??

What if he withdrew 90k from his mother's account and settle the guy? Do you think the 600k would have been lost?

He is greedy ..
yeah you're right
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
tot:

1k a week, 4-5k a month = ~ 50k a year. In 5 years, that's 250k already.

Considering inflation and opportunity cost, if you've not made at least 400k to recover that 250k and additional returns, that's money down the drain...
this your comment is food for thought
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by IamPlato(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
May The Gods Never Give Me A Child Like You
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by SweetJoystick(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
Jh0wsef:

Howwww?
Send mail to nauuty64@yahoo.com
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by pyro62(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

I'm so sorry about what you are going through. I have a first hand idea of what you are talking about.. Sadly gambling has made me loss so much as well in this life. I started picking up the broken pieces of my life after I made a conscious effort to see the value of every #200 instead of wishing I can increase this money to #1500, because that's where the problem usually starts from. When you see how valuable the money you earned is, you don't wanna loss it easily

2 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Wentworthorg: 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
Bet with sense
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Wentworthorg: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Unbelievable
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by TooGod247(m): 11:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
if u cannot say it out forget it, are u excepting us to ask for ur acct number, u no serious, country hard, if dey say u make am u for know remember NL oo
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
so why you telling us? are you not mad like this? you burn 600k for betting....idiot if na me born you na to donate you for organ transplant
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
so why you telling us? are you not mad like this? you burn 600k for betting....idiot if na me born you na to donate you for organ transplant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday With A Billboard In Lagos (photos) / There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja / Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.