Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,325 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:50 AM

Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! (42299 Views)

Sports Betting Has Ruined My Life - Pls Advice Me On What To Do / After Drinking My Husband Sobolo It Landed Me To Hospital Woman Revealed / Woman Surprises Her Husband By Paying Off His Debt (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
so why you telling us? are you not mad like this? you burn 600k for betting....idiot if na me born you na to donate you for organ transplant

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by CelebRepublic: 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Same thing happened to me last year bro
Believe me, mine was 750k
I swear I thought I wouldn't make it through, it was hell...but the thing is that time healeth everything.
Just tell your mum everything man, it won't be easy.
But just know that in 2yrs time all this will be a thing of the past.
Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tot(f): 12:01am On Aug 11, 2020
Topmaike007:
this your comment is food for thought

you can get a piggy box and just throw in the money you would have betted. End of the year, open the box and get something nice.

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tot(f): 12:02am On Aug 11, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:
so why you telling us?
are you not mad like this?
you burn 600k for betting....idiot
if na me born you na to donate you for organ transplant

You are neither cool, calm nor collected oh cheesy
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Topmaike007(m): 12:08am On Aug 11, 2020
tot:

you can get a piggy box and just throw in the money you would have betted. End of the year, open the box and get something nice.
you just challenged me right now and I will do as you say

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by cedricksly: 12:09am On Aug 11, 2020
lekonso:

You are a very wicked person. Are you perfect? Have you not committed any sin since you were born? Everyone one has made a mistake before at one time or the other. The most important thing in life is to learn from your mistakes. You are talking as if you have never committed any sin in your life.
tell him the bitter truth and stop sugar coating and what is bad all In The name of we all make mistakes, how would his mum feel knowing the son stole from her and betrayed her trust and tried playing her for a fool? It's painful and disheartened, I pray he doesn't give his mum BP. Isn't this boy and his siblings the reason why the mum is saving In the first place...?? If the bank should know about it trust me they will file fraud case against him with or without the consent of the mum..

He isn't an addict but a gross thief.... Ask urself one question if he didn't have access to money given to him for safe keeping or his mums money what would he gamble with?? Why has he not sold his fone or clothes to gamble
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by April4th(m): 12:13am On Aug 11, 2020
@op I get sure 3odds you can bet your life on. Pm me grin grin grin
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by InvertedHammer: 12:14am On Aug 11, 2020
yocreo:
In Need Of A Serious And Sincere Advice

Hi Nairanlanders,

I would have loved pour out all I'm going through but posting about personal issues can be really boring to some people and also, some might think this is some sort of competition cos of the rate at which people speak about their ordeals lately. I have done something really terrible which I personally go crazy anytime I think of it to my mom. All I feel right now is depression, anxiety, unhappiness and frustration that I'm afraid I may do something crazy. However, I'm in need of a serious advice and counselling from concerned people. I'm willing to let everything out... I NEED HELP, I'M SO GOING NUTS!!!

MODIFIED: Since many are of the opinion that I type it here, I'm going to do it..

December 2018, a boy in my neighborhood who is also like a relative started making some savings with me, unfortunately that was the time I started betting as well. I used to be very trustworthy when it comes to managing people's money that's why he entrusted his money in my care.

Betting later got the best of me, I used part of the money to bet, that was how this ordeal started. In the quest of refunding the money I used on betting, I kept losing the more. I lost up to 90k before coming up with a lie of how the money was stolen in my forex trading account but I promised to refund the money.

While trying to refund the money I kept losing the little I had with me till I got hold of my mom's bank account, this started around October last year. I kept using my mom's money and the loss kept accumulating. I was able to recover the loss on my mom's bank account before 2019 ended. Now to 2020, the boy kept asking for his money, I had to return to using my mom's money again as I had no other hope of getting the money.. how I wish I had told my mom about the whole thing when it was still amendable. Fast forward to today, I have used virtually all my mom's bank savings from betting to forex trading without her knowledge.

When she noticed about the error in her account, I had to lie I helped her fix her account as she doesn't make withdrawals from her account  cos she's a trader who doesn't use her bank savings for her business.. I'm finished now, I lied to her the duration of the fix is 4 months and she's expecting the money with return by August ending.

Together with the money I owe the other boy, I'm in over 600k debt... I seriously don't know how I got here, I wish I can turn back time, I feel drained... I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like I have failed the woman who has always shown me nothing but love and care. I failed her, I failed the woman who has always trusted me to be a good son.  I even had to lie to her! Each time I think of telling her about everything, I get sick. I can't keep on going this way.. I just want this to end. I'm really SAD 
/
Friend's account? Depleted.
Mom's account? Depleted.

Then move on to your dad's account. I bet you there is some money there.
/

4 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Kenneth10110(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2020
Bet responsibly and stake what you can afford to loose
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 11, 2020
cheesy

Don't worry

Ẹ̀mí t'ó jẹ gbèsè ló máa sań.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tonididdy(m): 1:03am On Aug 11, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

I would have loved pour out all I'm going through but posting about personal issues can be really boring to some people and also, some might think this is some sort of competition cos of the rate at which people speak about their ordeals lately. I have done something really terrible which I personally go crazy anytime I think of it to my mom. All I feel right now is depression, anxiety, unhappiness and frustration that I'm afraid I may do something crazy. However, I'm in need of a serious advice and counselling from concerned people. I'm willing to let everything out... I NEED HELP, I'M SO GOING NUTS!!!

MODIFIED: Since many are of the opinion that I type it here, I'm going to do it..

December 2018, a boy in my neighborhood who is also like a relative started making some savings with me, unfortunately that was the time I started betting as well. I used to be very trustworthy when it comes to managing people's money that's why he entrusted his money in my care.

Betting later got the best of me, I used part of the money to bet, that was how this ordeal started. In the quest of refunding the money I used on betting, I kept losing the more. I lost up to 90k before coming up with a lie of how the money was stolen in my forex trading account but I promised to refund the money.

While trying to refund the money I kept losing the little I had with me till I got hold of my mom's bank account, this started around October last year. I kept using my mom's money and the loss kept accumulating. I was able to recover the loss on my mom's bank account before 2019 ended. Now to 2020, the boy kept asking for his money, I had to return to using my mom's money again as I had no other hope of getting the money.. how I wish I had told my mom about the whole thing when it was still amendable. Fast forward to today, I have used virtually all my mom's bank savings from betting to forex trading without her knowledge.

When she noticed about the error in her account, I had to lie I helped her fix her account as she doesn't make withdrawals from her account  cos she's a trader who doesn't use her bank savings for her business.. I'm finished now, I lied to her the duration of the fix is 4 months and she's expecting the money with return by August ending.

Together with the money I owe the other boy, I'm in over 600k debt... I seriously don't know how I got here, I wish I can turn back time, I feel drained... I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like I have failed the woman who has always shown me nothing but love and care. I failed her, I failed the woman who has always trusted me to be a good son.  I even had to lie to her! Each time I think of telling her about everything, I get sick. I can't keep on going this way.. I just want this to end. I'm really SAD 
...it's always advice to gamble responsibly.
Pls open up to your parents.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WriterX(m): 1:06am On Aug 11, 2020
Just like daddy uses to say before flogging the hell out of me "the truth doesn't set you free it sets others" we tell lies hoping we can free ourselves thereby putting people in the dark , hurting and betraying them , they become prisoners and blind people to our own lies.

Bruh calm down here is my suggestion.

Get a family member or preferably a pastor or religious head who is considerate or close to her such that she respects ,you are not above mistakes so you made a bad one.

Tell them they can be more than one tell them the truth and beg them let them come see your mother,and tell her.

Also go look for the boy and explain to him things, go look for a daily job or a monthly job that can help you start paying or remitting something bruh someone close to me has lost 2mill to this foolishness called gambling he paid off the huge debt that threatened his life and his family for years last year so to trust me you can do it.
My fear is gambling is one stubborn addiction , will you. Be able to let go after you have learnt your lesson?
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tonididdy(m): 1:06am On Aug 11, 2020
Stocktrader:

I think it's high time Nigeria Government Ban betting, betting is not for Poor people, I have lost over 20 million in bets, And the highest amount i have won is 270k,but it's all good though.
shocked
You are doomed
20mil what!
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WriterX(m): 1:10am On Aug 11, 2020
tonididdy:

This is a bad experience but even worse is us I ng your mother's savings to gamble.
You are wicked and selfish.
I have no pity for you, it's always advice to gamble responsibly.
I am still yet to meet a successful gambler who has won more than he has lost.
I feel so sorry for your mother, I hope she can forgive you

Shut the hell up Man for God sake give him a break, you will be the first to type rip if anything happens to him so shut the hell up if you can't advice an already depressed soul and keep your so called self righteousness to yourself.
God what would it take you to be sympathetic to someone's misery or problem , would you feel happy if the mother loses her child?
Because believe me no amount of money is worth his life tomorrow he can be the next governor, experience makes the most of a man ,we are humans bruh he made a big huge mistake but if you gonna sit behind your phone and condemn him for that then you have a problem you need to sort personally.

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WriterX(m): 1:14am On Aug 11, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

Bruh you need to come straight check my post above.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tonididdy(m): 1:15am On Aug 11, 2020
yocreo:

trust me, I wish you could say more. I know how stupid and wasteful I have been but I didn't do it out of GREED. I know no one will believe that but that's the truth.. the reason why it got this bad was because I didn't want to offend my mom but I was wrong and stupid all through.
Offend your mom or not, what about the trusted relationship your cousin had for you.
Didn't you ruin that too?
You already lost 60 or is it 90k of your cousins sweat.
All in all, your first attempt to play was outta greed to make quick cash.
Accept it.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Stocktrader: 1:16am On Aug 11, 2020
tonididdy:
shocked You are doomed 20mil what!
Please I'm not doomed! I'm still standing and it's my money.

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tonididdy(m): 1:18am On Aug 11, 2020
WriterX:

Shut the hell up Man for God sake give him a break, you will be the first to type rip if anything happens to him so shut the hell up if you can't advice an already depressed soul and keep your so called self righteousness to yourself.
God what would it take you to be sympathetic to someone's misery or problem , would you feel happy if the mother loses her child?
Because believe me no amount of money is worth his life tomorrow he can be the next governor, experience makes the most of a man ,we are humans bruh he made a big huge mistake but if you gonna sit behind your phone and condemn him for that then you have a problem you need to sort personally.
I will take back my words to him but am really sad he dragged his poor mother into this.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WriterX(m): 1:23am On Aug 11, 2020
tonididdy:

I will take back my words to him but am really sad he dragged his poor mother into this.

My relative a man you would never believe would do such did spent millions on gambling and became a high target for those he gambled with their money,am taking about bad money lenders, his family became target dude used to hide enter house just to hide sometimes he would even be chased on Cars and his family, sometimes he would come home with bruises and cuts.
His life became a mess , lost his job in the process he eve sold half completed building of his lol.

Bruh trust me for real ,when he came clean a full grown ass man was crying his life in front of us as he was narrating.
We got angry but he was our family everyone did his best,he picked himself up and started life .

Last year and a half he paid those debts next year he will be off to United Kingdom to continue his medical practice.

Trust me bruh,no body is beyond redemption.i have seen it.

3 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by tonididdy(m): 1:30am On Aug 11, 2020
WriterX:

My relative a man you would never believe would do such did spent millions on gambling and became a high target for those he gambled with their money,am taking about bad money lenders, his family became target dude used to hide enter house just to hide sometimes he would even be chased on Cars and his family, sometimes he would come home with bruises and cuts.
His life became a mess , lost his job in the process he eve sold half completed building of his lol.

Bruh trust me for real ,when he came clean a full grown ass man was crying his life in front of us as he was narrating.
We got angry but he was our family everyone did his best,he picked himself up and started life .

Last year and a half he paid those debts next year he will be off to United Kingdom to continue his medical practice.

Trust me bruh,no body is beyond redemption.i have seen it.
Honestly I spoke from a point of personal anger.
Because I have been in that shoe b4 but I never gambled with people's money, neither did I gamble 600thousand.
Anyway I pray he gets over it and live a gamble free life henceforth
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by WriterX(m): 1:37am On Aug 11, 2020
tonididdy:

Honestly I spoke from a point of personal anger.
Because I have been in that shoe b4 but I never gambled with people's money, neither did I gamble 600thousand.
Anyway I pray he gets over it and live a gamble free life henceforth

I understand your anger even I am awed by his lack of restraint,poor woman probably saving up for them hmmh it will be well but his life matters most.

That is my concern because people say I am sorry for two things either because they got caught or because they regret doing what they did.
I remember using my school fees during my primary to buy handheld game oh boy the koboko isee that day from Papa and Mama till date I am afraid of using what is not mine or taking what does not belong to me.

Gambling is a strong addiction I pray if e gets through it e doesn't return.

3 Likes

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by KingEd: 2:31am On Aug 11, 2020
Pls don't even think of sniper oooo. When there is life, there is hope.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by ShawnT(m): 2:40am On Aug 11, 2020
See bro,i was in your shoes last year, mine was virtual betting...i almost became useless.Thank God its a thing of the past now. To overcome betting addiction, all u need is just self restraint.restrain yourself from betting,and pls tell your mom d whole story.quote author=yocreo post=92593257]In Need Of A Serious And Sincere Advice

Hi Nairanlanders,

Together with the money I owe the other boy, I'm in over 600k debt... I seriously don't know how I got here, I wish I can turn back time, I feel drained... I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like I have failed the woman who has always shown me nothing but love and care. I failed her, I failed the woman who has always trusted me to be a good son.  I even had to lie to her! Each time I think of telling her about everything, I get sick. I can't keep on going this way.. I just want this to end. I'm really SAD [/quote]
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Hugo55(m): 3:30am On Aug 11, 2020
Millennialaku:

grin grin grin

damn nigarrr, Its like you are new to betting. A gee will know that even an odd as low as 1 is not safe

some weeks back, a guy here on nairaland placed his 800k on a 2+ODD game (ONLY one game oh grin), to win 2 million......of course it ended in premium tears

BETTING IS FOR THE RICH WHO CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE THE MONEY THEY PLACE ON BETS

ITS PURE-LUCK cool

Trust me, I have been cashing out consistently with little odd as stated above. And the best part is, the money is growing slowly and steadily.

Any thing betting have to do with applying wisdom!.

Why would I stake 800k?. That is still greed.

One of the betting rules states that, do not stake what you cannot afford to loose. So, you see betting is for everyone not just for the RICH.

1 Like

Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by 2B1ASK1(m): 4:00am On Aug 11, 2020
Bros, betting is not for everybody.
If you don’t understand the psychology you cannot win.
Forget the hype the Bookmakers ONLY want to make money at our detriment so you have to figure out a way to outsmart them. but the truth is all the odds are against us including the players and referees.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by 2B1ASK1(m): 4:45am On Aug 11, 2020
See Man U !
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:33am On Aug 11, 2020
All I just see here is gready
You need prayer
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Coolmagy: 5:51am On Aug 11, 2020
Most people that claims to be professional forex traders I guess they should be billionaires by now. But more losers have been identified than winners abeg joor leave matter for Mattias gamble na gamble forex ooo,bettiing ooo, virtual ooo, even na etherum Bitcoin dey town now. You better shine your eyes before your hard earned money go enter zoo.
Guy just go beg ur mum and find some casual job to be doing to repay back your loan at least this is a big lesson for you.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by FunctionX(m): 6:50am On Aug 11, 2020
tot:

He is in a deep hole already, this your advice is equivalent to him digging even deeper - unto total destruction.

That's Sarcasm �
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Tonytonex(m): 7:01am On Aug 11, 2020
only fools borrow money to play bet.
Re: Betting Has Landed Me Into N600k Debt! by Revolva(m): 7:02am On Aug 11, 2020
yocreo:

Hi Nairanlanders,

Oga don t give up i wont 24 k naira last week

your own small ...keep playing keep playing there r plenty betting sites now in naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Wife's Birthday With A Billboard In Lagos (photos) / There Are About 4000 Divorce Applications In Abuja / Nigerian Lady Who Declared Mum Missing 4 Days Ago Finds Out She Died In Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.