Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! (64366 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by olaodun: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
it seems the story was cooked as a graduate if truly it is a real issue not cooked you should have told your man to come and see your parents if you have decided to marry him . Pls it is dangerous to leave your parents and go and visit a man outside these days remember last final year student killed and cooked for fake money ritual and the mother of 2 who visited the fake pastor all of them were brutally murdered and wasted pls shine ur eyes

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Do not risk your life all because of a boyfriend who can't understand that you have parents you need to obey. If something happens to you who the hell do you think will be hurt the most. DON'T LET EMOTIONS BLIND YOUR DECISIONS. WORD.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by GraGra247(m): 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
during my service I did that a lot. Was kind of his only friend there

You girls will never learn. Even with brains you girls behave like total mor0ns once an idiot pretends to love you.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Farki: 10:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
Just do and leave the man, in my experience all these long distance relationships don't work. How will I spend most of my relationship talking to my phone instead of my partner?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by bukatyne(f): 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Gabriel99:
The guy is not understanding at all. And it's a dangerous path when you're dealing with people that lack understanding because not only will they perish but you'll perish also. My counsel: any serious man in a long distance relationship with a lady that is still living with her parents and still expects her to come frequently to visit him is not a serious guy. You're lying to go see him, he'll use it against you tomorrow as a basis for disbelieving you when argument comes. Young lady the foundation is clearly wrong quit the relationship and save yourself. In a relationship always hold strongly your integrity, truth is a must and defend it, don't lie for anything, that's how you gain respect and value even when your supposed partner disagrees with you.

This is another angle.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
cooooooks:
Long distance relationships always tow a fine line. I understand your bf but he has to be more understanding of the fact that you live with your parents.

How old is he? How serious are you guys? Do you have a job/destination lined up?

Have you guys talked about moving forward in life? Because he might be throwing away a potentially good relationship for no sensible reason.

We only have your version of events though.
OP, Long distance relationship is not meant for everyone o. Is not by "we love each other".
You need the patience of a Saint, the willingness to stay committed and keep in touch and discipline not to look elsewhere.
Babe, although your bobo has made effort, he has tried, he has to understand your situation. It's not ideal for one to allow his or her children to just travel around nowadays. Especially as a lady. The days are evil.
Try to talk to your man and see if he'll understand and exercise some patience.
If not, let him go. You're too young to get high BP because of love.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Pinopinodaddy: 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please ensure you disclose properly where you wanna go. do not tell your parents you are going to a girl friend's house when it is boyfriend. I dey go somewhere is not address please. to avoid something negative happening. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by AreaFada2: 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
So a guy cannot find time to come see you in Abeokuta, knowing you are still under your parents?

He should be happy that your parents don't let you waka anyhow.

With Covid-19, skull miners, one chance and all sorts everywhere these days.

@ Heartheart Please dear do not lie to your parents when going to another state. Security first.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Pofgrace(m): 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
during my service I did that a lot. Was kind of his only friend there
heartbreak songs are better in english likewise heartbreak text
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Thank God say you no visit him, na your KPEKUS he dey miss no be you oooo
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by osazsky(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
If he is hiding u in hotels he is scamming u.if he is hiding u he is scamming u.u are dating yourselve not him

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
my own girlfriend has already dumped me so it's like we have something in common . DM me let's get to know Biko?

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by MartinsD12(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
cooooooks:
What is the ruining agent here?

OP should stop chasing shadows not because shes just 22, she should stop chasong shadows because they are shadows.

However if the guy has been visiting her in Abeokuta, that shows that he's not a shadow.

I guess you do not understand simple English read it again it, it's just an advice, if she likes she takes it if she no like na her cup of coffee
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by SweetCunt97(f): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
Dump him first. Then get a bf who's in d same city with you. You too young for that long distance bullcrap
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
No parent, will allow frivolous travel.

Travel, spend money just to visit a friend?
It doesnt and cannot nake sense to parents.

Chii59:

OP, Long distance relationship is not meant for everyone o. Is not by "we love each other".
You need the patience of a Saint, the willingness to stay committed and keep in touch and discipline not to look elsewhere.
Babe, although your bobo has made effort, he has tried, he has to understand your situation. [b]It's not ideal for one to allow his or her children to just travel around nowadays. [/b]Especially as a lady. The days are evil.
Try to talk to your man and see if he'll understand and exercise some patience.
If not, let him go. You're too young to get high BP because of love.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Mypeople2(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
Simply tell the guy the situation at home and tell him to see your parents in order for him to be acquitted with them .Since he is lonely ,he should start thinking of taking the relationship to the next level
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
cooooooks:
No parent, will allow frivolous travel.

Travel, spend money just to visit a friend?
It doesnt and cannot nake sense to parents.

Even mine won't let me. Nigeria is so unsafe now.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by SmartPolician: 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
dingbang:
very true, and if because of konji, this young lady should risk her life on these unsafe highways, then I am bold to say the guy is so selfish

Abeg make una no dey make konji look like only guy thing grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by deavicky(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
If he so much want u, let come and marry u or probably do an introduction.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Elobest(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Dump him too shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Sixfeetbelle: 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

He doesn't love you. It's that simple. If he did, he'd understand your situation and instead plan the birthday surprise in Abeoukuta. He is just with you for the sweet sex a young lady brings. And when he's done sleeping with you, he'll dump you. That's how men operate with ladies your age.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by dingbang(m): 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
SmartPolician:

Abeg make una no dey make konji look like only guy thing grin grin cheesy
well, in this case, na the guy wey dey display the konji
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by ntyce(m): 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Let him leave you, I'm in Abeokuta....

No need to travel to Lagos..

cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by lomprico(m): 10:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

why u no tell them say you get job test for lag?
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by joeking2222: 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
This ur story made me remember one of my course mate back then in higher institution who died in a terrible accident traveling to see a man, even after different warnings and signs. Since ur parents no gree, y u dey try force urself? Hope no be say ur yarnsh dey over scratch u?
Heartheart:

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by chinchum(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

If he has threatened break up, he is most likely not a serious guy, @22 after NYSC, you may still feel young, but time flies faster now. Do not make special effort for someone not known in your house, you have not made reference of the guy coming to meet your family, possibly your parents have met him though. I expect your parents to relax a little if they know you are visiting a Guy they have met as long as you are not sleeping over.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by dingbang(m): 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
yettymuse:
22years old me, na how to make money dey my head.

....no be kparove!
Your parents say don’t go... but no!.... you won’t listen.
What if you haff azzdent and die on your way to collect kporan??
No worry, you go soon calm down! undecided
shocked two years ago you were 28, now you are 22.

It is well

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Okinolu21: 10:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Babe wake up! That guy want sex and nothing else, I have dated a girl in PH for 6 good years before while I stayed in Lagos. Listen to your parent. There are better guys in Abeokuta.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Lastmankc(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Your boyfriend is a marlian. Nah dia way be that.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by OBA117(m): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

I believe if the guy truly loves you, he should be able to understand that you are still staying under your parents' roof.....but if you are sure that you are going to "settle down" with him in future then go ahead and introduce him to your parents so that the issue of parents stopping you from traveling/visting him can be settled once and for all.

I'm talking from experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / How Do I Forgive Him? / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.