Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! (64350 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by UDUJ(m): 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
All this nonsense infatuation they call love. And this made frontpage?

Seriously I think it's time I go back to hibernation mode angry

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Sambaby7640: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
Passed out ke....so who type this?
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by isaiahethan: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Please control your kpekus. Option B, Tell him to make things official. Tschüss
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
VanTee20:

Haaaaa
just telling the babe truth
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
So because you decided to wait until 30, everyone should decide like you?

People sjould stop making sex a do or die affair. Just dont use it to measure your self, build your esteem or make decisions based on it alone.

greggng:
I was age 30 when I tested sex but amazes me how endomie chikdren of today now play with sex and lies up and down . I only hope that boy won't use u for juju ..unfortunately u 've even lied to your parents ....as a result they won't know where to find u

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by VanTee20(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Everyone is talking as if they weren't dating at 22.
Nairalanders and hypocrisy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by adecz: 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Konjilitis wan kill am!! grin grin grin

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Upon all the girls that on this platform u can't give an advise to ur fellow girl.. u guys are too reserved abeg
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by brightovio007(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
LOL. Break up, uploading but it can still crash depending on the value your both place on it. Never mistaken togetherness for compatibility, u are both adults in this game I see no reason why playing like an amateur. U both know what to do.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by joyandfaith: 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

if the boy is serious, let him come to see your parents.you are risking your life by lying to your parents. if something happens to you, your girlfriend will be implicated.
you are still young, try to focus on your career/job, serious guy will come for you.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by GamalNasser: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Forget him , he doesn't care about U ..he just wan knack again ...
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by BabaIbo: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
b0rn2fuck:
boyfriend wey no sabbi go see person mama and papa for house,no ready to marry, we wey go even go their and still drink two Goldberg then nko.

grin cheesy
Abi, he don suppose get morale to visit him babe parents, even if it is casually as a friend or nke two of them understand eachother and see if the relationship can work between them...

Chop hour life.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by tweakdude1: 10:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
dingbang:
Please leave that man, he isnt understanding. A responsible man who knows that a lady is still living under her parents roof will not think of telling you to leave your parents house passing the night in another state.

God bless you
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by kolade560: 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Sister, you will Save not only your Relationship..

You will also be Saving your Head by Listening to your Parents..

If the Young Man is Serious! Let Him come to see your Parents..

Don't Let the Lure of Infatuation and Sex Destroy your Glorious Life...

There is Nothing there..

Absolutely nothing!!! but young girls will not believe until several abortions
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by victorazyvictor(m): 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Love is all about understanding, putting your legs in other's shoe to know how it fits. Sorry to say this, he only cares about ur butt.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by isaiahethan: 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
tripplephi:

It sounds like a SEXSATIONSHIP to me.

He is on a hormonal rollercoaster and you are just there to quench his thirst... DO YOU REALLY THINK HE IS NOT ALREADY CHEATING? smh

See, face your life. If he really wants you so bad, let him see your parents and marry sharply. Stop deceiving yourselves.

You have no job, you are only able to support his emotional/sexual needs... ASK YOURSELF... IS THAT LIFE? In every other area you are a liability apart from emotions, sex and maybe cooking food.. SEE EHN, YOU ARE BOTH NOT MATURE FOR A RELATIONSHIP

After NYSC, you are still worried about a guy who has no plans for you, sister deliver yourself very fast. The money he has been spending in hotels, he could have used to set up and investment or business for you. PLS HAVE SENSE NA.

Clean up your life once and for all. If he could come to stay in hotel, he is capable to visit your family and make his intentions knows. Stop managing a TIME WASTER.

God bless you. Nice one
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by surveyProf(m): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
[s]
Jamjoon:
Have sense & grow up!
My 2 cents ✌.
[/s]

Childish
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by InvertedHammer: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
/
No big deal.

Once he meets your parents and pay the bride price, both of you can stay with each other as long as you want. Unless he doesn't love you that much.

Complex problem. Simple solution.

/
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by ensamy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Let him leave you for he doesn't deserve you.
I deserve you to make you a better Queen. wink wink smiley smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
People saying konji na bastard are being unfair here.

If he cheats now what will yoy say?

It is good that the guy is open about his feelings.

That is a different matter from where this relationship is going. OP and the guy have to make that decision from themselves.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
It's not the end of the world, you will find another boyfriend. Long distance relationship is never advisable in the first place

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Gabriel99: 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
The guy is not understanding at all. And it's a dangerous path when you're dealing with people that lack understanding because not only will they perish but you'll perish also. My counsel: any serious man in a long distance relationship with a lady that is still living with her parents and still expects her to come frequently to visit him is not a serious guy. You're lying to go see him, he'll use it against you tomorrow as a basis for disbelieving you when argument comes. Young lady the foundation is clearly wrong quit the relationship and save yourself. In a relationship always hold strongly your integrity, truth is a must and defend it, don't lie for anything, that's how you gain respect and value even when your supposed partner disagrees with you.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by nelskals(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
If he doesn't like it and he loves U then he should put a ring on you or kukuma come marry you . He is not yet ready just there for the fun dear

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Mypeople2(m): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
If he really loves you as he claims, he will marry you and take you away from your strict parents but its obvious that he wants free kpekus in his house.
Babe you think to marry easy ? It is not all about the sex.The guy is just trying to be considerate with his finance .You can't compare how much he will spend on hotel bills ,food and going out for the period he will stay in the hotel compared to the amount he will spend when she visits him in his house .If na sex, they can still have sex countless times in the hotel, so sex is not the problem

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stop. Belittling. Adults.

OP, consider yourself an adult. Apply for jobs. Start businesses. Dont wait until you "grow up". You grown!!!

Galactico4ever:
You're still an under aged girl.Grow up first.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Do. not. marry. For. Sex.

nelskals:
If he doesn't like it and he loves U then he should put a ring on you or kukuma come marry you . He is not yet ready just there for the fun dear
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
You better focus on how to build your career
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by danjumaikoh(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
when u guyz meet was June last.. urs is recent compared to mine.. mine was since last year Oct. is almost a yet now.. if that guy love u. he will continued to be coming never mind lodging in a hotel as u say. He is not going any where mark my word.

he is busting to press u. to see what u will do against those odds

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Once in 3 months is not frequently.

He and her should be planning their lives.

They should be drawing up job, education, business pathways. And acting on those plans.

Gabriel99:
The guy is not understanding at all. And it's a dangerous path when you're dealing with people that lack understanding because not only will they perish but you'll perish also. My counsel: any serious man in a long distance relationship with a lady that is still living with her parents and still expects her to come frequently to visit him is not a serious guy. You're lying to go see him, he'll use it against you tomorrow as a basis for disbelieving you when argument comes. Young lady the foundation is clearly wrong quit the relationship and save yourself. In a relationship always hold strongly your integrity, truth is a must and defend it, don't lie for anything, that's how you gain respect and value even when your supposed partner disagrees with you.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by meetme01: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Op, be frank and sincere, you sef want to have a nice time with your bf. It's awesome especially during your birthday but listen to the elders.

At 22, you are still young to be jumping up and down because of a man. Don't let inferiority complex and friends manoeuvre you. Be a lady that can vouch for herself and make her parents proud. Relaz. That stuff (di. K), you will enjoy it to the fullest if you keep yourself for both of you.

He would survive the period. You did your best but it didn't work out. Probably for your good, you never can tell. If he cannot wait till you see each other again, let him understand why your parents are still in charge. If he can't, don't push. He knows what he wants. If it's you, he would wait and do the needful and if not, you become best of friends.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by sedeh: 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Konji sha

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Webmannigeria: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nahhhhhhhhhhhh This is pure Konji things disturbing this GUY.......let him GET BUSY......let him leave if he wants to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Do I Forgive Him? / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? / Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.