Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:14 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1056118 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jamiu4real(m): 1:38am On Jul 26, 2011
@House , please i want someone that has experience in visiting visa for training in the USA to tell me , if i can get my visiting visa for 3 days seminar program in the USA , as a mechanical engineer i am 23 years old of age work in my dad company as one of the major engineer , so someone told me that my chance of getting this visa is very low because am too young to attend the seminar.

Please i need someone to explain to me if this is true ?

Thanks in advance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jamsmither: 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
What is ur level of qualification.b4 proceeding.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jamiu4real(m): 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
I have diploma in Computer Science which is for 2 years and HND from Polytechnic of Lagos here for Mechanical Engineering what is my chance of getting the VISA ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by rave2u: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hey Everyone,
I got a question. A friend of mine applied for the US visiting visa last year from another country of residence where she's studying and got rejected because of proof of social ties, My question now is she wants to apply for a visiting visa again this December with stronger evidence of social ties but also wants to participate in the US visa lottery program in October, does this affect her chances of getting the visa in December?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
rave2u:

Hey Everyone,
I got a question. A friend of mine applied for the US visiting visa last year from another country of residence where she's studying and got rejected because of proof of social ties, My question now is she wants to apply for a visiting visa again this December with stronger evidence of social ties but also wants to participate in the US visa lottery program in October, does this affect her chances of getting the visa in December?
I think the  embassy usually have the results before they are officially released.If at the time of her B2 interview ,the embassy discovers she has been selected for a Dv visa,they might ask her not to bother about the B2 visa and wait for the release of the lottery results .Apparently,your sister intends to immigrate to the US.And,the consular wouldnt want to grant a NIV visa to someone who intends to immigrate to the US .If she emerges as a selectee in the lottery,there would be no need for a tourist visa again.

In fact,one of the criteria for granting Tourist visa is that the applicant has to prove his non-immigrant intent.

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jamsmither: 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2011
@jamiu4real,1st going for a visiting visa and also wnt to paticipate 4 a conference in ur field of study @ embassy the v.o wil ask u 4 any qualification transcpt of ur result,nw whch one do u prefer to show dem and they might ask questn on it or nt.secondly u wil find a conference dat relate to ur study and register for it online,there u wil get ur i.v letter.other docs follows.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by batuta: 4:21am On Jul 29, 2011
pls does applying with a virgin passport for us embassy have any disadvantages?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2011
batuta:

it doesnt really have any disadvantages per say.I ve seen people who have travelled to several european countries get denied at the US EMBASSY.Confidence at the interview is crucial.

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by yvy1(f): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2011
batuta:

No, it doesn't. I applied with a virgin passport and with very little money in my account balance ( but there had been some serious movement of cash in the account) and still got 2 years multiple.

Just pray for God's favour at the interview and be ready to defend logically what you you have filled in the form cos sometimes no matter how well packaged you are, if you are not able to answer the questions properly and if the ECO that attends to you is not in a good mood that day or doesn't just like your face, it would most likely mean waiting for another 60 days to get another shot at he visa.

5 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jomiliny(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2011
yvy1:

No, it doesn't. I applied with a virgin passport and  with very little money in my account balance ( but there had been some serious movement of cash in the account) and still got 2 years multiple.

Just pray for God's favour at the interview and be ready to defend logically what you you have filled in the form cos sometimes no matter how well packaged you are, if you are not able to answer the questions properly and if the ECO that attends to you is not in a good mood that day or doesn't just like your face, it would most likely mean waiting for another 60 days to get another shot at he visa.

Right on point!

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
yvy1:

No, it doesn't. I applied with a virgin passport and with very little money in my account balance ( but there had been some serious movement of cash in the account) and still got 2 years multiple.

A very nice and sincere answer!
Your composure matters alot and not about your docu most time!

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by demminic: 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2011
With much experience,your documents do not guarantee your visa like uk.thts cool.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2011
demminic:

With much experience,your documents do not guarantee your visa like uk.thts cool.

Yup but you must go with the right documents as well.
You might be asked to present em.

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jamsmither: 4:53am On Aug 03, 2011
Suxes2005,how are u doing?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:23am On Aug 03, 2011
Jamsmither:

Suxes2005,how are u doing?

I'm pretty fine oooo and you?

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bobotimi: 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2011
Hi All,

Anyone applied at the London US Embassy recently? I've got an interview for a US holiday visa in the next few days.
Have been rejected twice in the past: first in Lagos and three years ago in London. I was a student on both occasions. Now I've been working in a graduate job for two years, I've decided to give it another shot.

Got letter from employer, payslips, bank statements and employment contract.

Any more tips? Anyone?

Cheers
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Jamsmither: 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2011
@suexs2005,need ur help,my first B1/B2 visa was denied last two month @abuja,tried to reschedule bt could nt find a date until my document date came,purpose of my visting then is conference related to my course of study.it was by help of some1 that help me with the process,what i need 4rm u nw is dat i wnt u to join me in processing the trip again 4rm nw.am in HND1 study civil engineering @ osun state college of technology,esa-oke.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2011
Jamsmither:

@suexs2005,need your help,my first B1/B2 visa was denied last two month @abuja,tried to reschedule bt could nt find a date until my document date came,purpose of my visting then is conference related to my course of study.it was by help of some1 that help me with the process,what i need 4rm u nw is dat i wnt u to join me in processing the trip again 4rm nw.am in HND1 study civil engineering @ osun state college of technology,esa-oke.

Boss, the best thing to do is to secure your appointment first
you know dates fill fast and it might not be an easy task to secure appointment

Any question ask here and others will be able to proffer solution
If you have other personal Q you can e-mail me privately.

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2011
pls, anyone in the house that can give a well package, guide line for me to obtain usa visiting visa, although i dont have anyone in the state, am an undergraduate, microbiology 300l, but the major problem i think i will be facing is due to the date of birth on my pp, its a student age 1991, pls anyone in the house who can give me a genuine procedure in other for me to aplly for a us visiting visa, pls i beg i need straight and welcoming answers, thanks to you all waiting for ur reply,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2011
frakie:

pls, anyone in the house that can give a well package, guide line for me to obtain usa visiting visa, although i dont have anyone in the state, am an undergraduate, microbiology 300l, but the major problem i think i will be facing is due to the date of birth on my pp, its a student age 1991, pls anyone in the house who can give me a genuine procedure in other for me to aplly for a us visiting visa, pls i beg i need straight and welcoming answers, thanks to you all waiting for your reply,
First,what is the purpose of your trip to the Us?Since you do not have an acquintance in the states,where do you intend to stay on arrival in the states?Answer these questions and we'll take it from there.
frakie:

pls, anyone in the house that can give a well package, guide line for me to obtain usa visiting visa, although i dont have anyone in the state, am an undergraduate, microbiology 300l, but the major problem i think i will be facing is due to the date of birth on my pp, its a student age 1991, pls anyone in the house who can give me a genuine procedure in other for me to aplly for a us visiting visa, pls i beg i need straight and welcoming answers, thanks to you all waiting for your reply,
First,what is the purpose of your trip to the Us?Since you do not have an acquintance in the states,where do you intend to stay on arrival in the states?Answer these questions and we'll take it from there.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2011
frakie:

Answer Gbenge and you will get good direct answers
Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2011
thanks for the reply, i willl like to visit the US for a holiday, although i have a friend living i CALIFORNIA, but u know we nija probs, he is not willing to help, i am making this move in other for me to get a entry clearance to the state and then apply for schooling over there, i will like to make a new move, a new environments, new challenges, i think am making sense, and if any1 want to know abt wht happened to my schooling here, pls, it is confidential
Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2011
once again Gbenga, i was thinking i shld use conference eco, i will try my possible best to convince my frnd in the state to help me for the accomodation stuff since he is not willing to help me with the documentations
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 8:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
frakie:

once again Gbenga, i was thinking i shld use conference eco, i will try my possible best to convince my frnd in the state to help me for the accomodation stuff since he is not willing to help me with the documentations

Will you like to make any reference to your school here?

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by estweet267: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2011
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2011
estweet267:

@Suxes
@yvy1
Please, do I need to request for other documents in support of an IV letter, or just a single invitation letter from US friend wil do.
2ndly, what supporting documents do I need from Nigeria as I intend to only spend 3weeks out of my annual work leave.
I really appreciate other serious contributors
If you are the sponsor,you will need: Current proof of income tax payment,Original bank statements,Property ownership documents.If you are married,you may take the pictures of your children along,Proof that your leave has been approved and an invitation letter.These documents may help you to prove your family/economic ties.

Note,the Vo may ask to seek these documents or not.The vo will base his decision to grant you a visa on the authenticity of your answers.

Does this help?
estweet267:

@Suxes
@yvy1
Please, do I need to request for other documents in support of an IV letter, or just a single invitation letter from US friend wil do.
2ndly, what supporting documents do I need from Nigeria as I intend to only spend 3weeks out of my annual work leave.
I really appreciate other serious contributors
If you are the sponsor,you will need: Current proof of income tax payment,Original bank statements,Property ownership documents.If you are married,you may take the pictures of your children along,Proof that your leave has been approved and an invitation letter.These documents may help you to prove your family/economic ties.

Note,the Vo may ask to seek these documents or not.The vo will base his decision to grant you a visa on the authenticity of your answers.

Does this help?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2011
yeap, aming refference to my school here in not a problem, i will get a letter from the registrar stating all necessary stufff in there, wht i need is that , how to go about it and how to make a genuine package for the visa, the most important thing i think u guys should help me with is that, how to get the visa nd what documents did the stuff really needs, thanks i will be waiting for ur reply, pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
frakie:

yeap,  aming refference to my school here in not a problem,  i will get a letter from the registrar stating all necessary stufff in there,  wht i need is that ,  how to go about it and how to make a genuine package for the visa,  the most important thing i think u guys should help me with is that,  how to get the visa nd what documents did the stuff really needs,  thanks i will be waiting for your reply, pls
refer to my reply to estweet above for a list of supporting documents.In addittion,you will have to pay an Mrv fee of $140 at GTB,fill the Ds 160 form and schedule an appointment at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2011
refer to my reply to estweet above for a list of supporting documents.In addittion,you will have to pay an Mrv fee of $140 at GTB,fill the Ds 160 form and schedule an appointment at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/

THANKS GBENGA, I WILL LIKE YOU TO GIVE ME TIPS ON HOW TO GET THE US VISA NAD THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO TENDER AT THE EMBASSY, AS I HAVE TOLD U BEFORE I DONT HAVE ANY1 IN THE STATE AD I WILL LIKE TO LIVE THERE, WORK, STUDY, ETC, PLEASE I NEED ALL THIS STUFF IN OTHER FOR ME TO GET THE VISA, THAKS ALOT ONCE AGAIN,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
frakie:

THANKS GBENGA, I WILL LIKE YOU TO GIVE ME TIPS ON HOW TO GET THE US VISA NAD THE LIST OF DOCUMENTS TO TENDER AT THE EMBASSY, AS I HAVE TOLD U BEFORE I DONT HAVE ANY1 IN THE STATE AD I WILL LIKE TO LIVE THERE, WORK, STUDY, ETC, PLEASE I NEED ALL THIS STUFF IN OTHER FOR ME TO GET THE VISA, THAKS ALOT ONCE AGAIN,
As a visitor to the USA,you are not allowed to work or study except for some exemptions.To work in the Us,an employer has to petition for an H-1b visa for you.The max period of stay for this is six years.You may also apply for the Dv lottery if you are intent on migratin.A visitors visa is a non-immigrant visa and strictly remains so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
frakie:

Guess Gbenga has answered you already,

Visit is strictly for visit (but i am not sure if you can convert though)

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by 9japrof(m): 6:44am On Aug 11, 2011
please am a computer science student in one of our tertiary institutions and has an exhibition billed for november.
Would it be possible getting an at least one week visa from now
please getting a rough estimate of how much it would cost would be appreciated.
Please any travel agent in the house would be required
my contacts are:
doggedbb@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.