Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1060924 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
Yeecar: I am a federal
Civill servant .I recently got a
scholarship to come to the US for
a 1 month training which will be coming up by January 2014 . I applied for a
B1 visa. An invitation letter was
sent to me through d email which
I presented to d Consular officer.
But suprisingly I was denied a
visa . I told her dat a leter of
introduction was also given to me
by my employer but she didn't
ask.Please what can be the
reason for my visa denial? I was
properly dressed and I was even
puting on my ofice I'd card. I am
just leaving the embassy shocked
and disapointed. Thanks in
anticipation of Your quick
response as am thinking of
reapplying next week.

Sorry to read of your refusal, but there are several factors involved that may have resulted in such outcome. This factor should be clearer if we know what Federal Civil Servant you are?

But the only pointer i can think of that led to your immediate refusal, maybe unconnected to your visa category which you choose i.e. a B1 visa. The proper category should have been under a J-1 visa. I believe this would have been more tolerable to the Visa Officer.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
My good people of nairaland, just like I said, I will keep you guys posted on my france visa application issue.
Well I arrived so late here in lagos yesterday being thursday, I had no option than to sleep at the ABC terminal, I just managed to brush my teeth and changed to my suit there is no place to bath, the bathroom is for drivers only, it started raining heavily here in lagos very early in the morning, for those of you who stays in lagos can testify to that, after waiting so long for the rain to subside, I had to go under the heavy down pour to avoid the lagos popular traffic jam, even though it later turned out to be what it is. I was so soaked with my suit cos i dressed well thinking it will be an interview issue. I arrived at the france embassy at 8:25AM with wet body, there was a man waiting as well, the security men told me i have to wait till its 10AM. At the said time the back door was opened then i realized that its a Nigerian girl that we have to meet at a counter just like the US embassy counter. By then we already have so many people waiting, I was the second person. The man ahead of me was allowed in , though I don't know the reason, when it was my turn , I explained to the girl why I'm there, she took my passport and the refusal letter with my name and the other names glanced through it, she asked me to wait and she also took the receipt of the woman behind me, she left the counter and went into the consulate . We waited for like an hour or 45 minutes before she showed up and gave the woman her passport , returned my passport to me without any refusal stamp but with another letter this time having my full name with my surname and other names. I was speechless, disappointed , and I felt the pains more than I did initially , what I was actually afraid of really happened, I left my job, time , spend money, the stress and all i passed through both under the heavy rain and so on to come to lagos and collect a corrected sheet of paper. If not that I'm a man really i should have cried. But I remembered the music our driver was playing on our way to lagos. The music said " no matter the struggle, God does his things at the right time". I explained to the people around me who cares to know what happened because i later asked the girl to give me back the initial paper with my name and the other names , she went inside again stayed for 30 minutes came out and told me that the main Oga has taken up the matter that the system showed i was refused, i think she became mean because i told her i want to petition with the paper as i strongly believe there is a mix-up with my application and someone else. But after the argument with the Nigerian girl, a lady and a man called me aside and told me that the truth is that France hardly replies to appeals except in an extreme circumstances, the reply to 2 out of 100 petitions. That I should go an apply for UK visa as that will be easier for me then if I apply again they will give me. I left, I'm
Still here in lagos but will be leaving with the first bus tomorrow.

NOTE: a lot of people who were there actually came to withdraw there applications , I think I didn't even see anyone work out with a France visa on his passport maybe the woman behind me.
A police DPO came shouting that his application has stayed for almost 2 months, same with one other guy who already has a Mexico visa but needed a France transit visa decided to withdraw the passport as he intends to travel with it today the Nigeria girl after consultation with the useless france consulars inside told the guy to get a copy of his ticket so he could be issued a visa, his application already stayed for months.
So many people were complaining that France embassy presently have a very big technical issue. I regretted applying there.

I don't know what to do next. I can only change the things which I can change and to live with those things which I cannot change.

I strongly believe that one day i will write my testimony so long as this.

Opinions and advices are welcome. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
Asorock 1: My good people of nairaland, just like I said, I will keep you guys posted on my france visa application issue.
Well I arrived so late here in lagos yesterday being thursday, I had no option than to sleep at the ABC terminal, I just managed to brush my teeth and changed to my suit there is no place to bath, the bathroom is for drivers only, it started raining heavily here in lagos very early in the morning, for those of you who stays in lagos can testify to that, after waiting so long for the rain to subside, I had to go under the heavy down pour to avoid the lagos popular traffic jam, even though it later turned out to be what it is. I was so soaked with my suit cos i dressed well thinking it will be an interview issue. I arrived at the france embassy at 8:25AM with wet body, there was a man waiting as well, then the security men told me i have to wait till its 10AM. At the said time the back door was opened then i realized that its a Nigerian girl that we have to meet at a counter just like the US embassy counter. By then we already have so many people waiting, I was the second person. The man ahead of me was allowed in , though I don't know the reason, when it was my turn , I explained to the girl why I'm there, she took my passport and the refusal letter with my name and the other names glanced through it, then she asked me to wait and she also took the receipt of the woman behind me, she left the counter and went into the consulate . We waited for like an hour or 45 minutes before she showed up then gave the woman her passport and return my passport to me without any refusal stamp but with another letter this time having my full name with my surname and other names. I was speechless, disappointed , and I felt the pains more than I did initially , what I was actually afraid of really happened, I left my job, time , spend money, the stress and all i passed through both under the heavy rain and so on to come to lagos and collect a corrected sheet of paper. If not that I'm a man really i should have cried. But I remembered the music our driver was playing on our way to lagos. The music said " no matter the struggle, God does his things at the right time". I explained to the people around me who cares to know what happened because i later asked the girl to give me back the initial paper with my name and the other names , she went inside again stayed for 30 minutes came out and told me that the main Oga has taken up the matter that the system showed i was refused, i think she became mean because i told her i want to petition with the paper as i strongly believe there is a mix-up with my application and someone else. But after the argument with the Nigerian girl, a lady and a man called me aside and told me that the truth is that France hardly replies to appeals except in an extreme circumstances, the reply to 2 out of 100 petitions. That I should go an apply for UK visa as that will be easier for me then if I apply again they will give me. I left, I'm

NOTE: a lot of people who were there actually came to withdraw there applications , I think I didn't even see anyone work out with a France visa on his passport maybe the woman behind me.
A police DPO came shouting that his application has stayed for almost 4 months, same with one other guy who already has a Mexico visa but needed a France transit visa decided to withdraw the passport as he intends to travel with it today then the Nigeria girl after consultation with the useless france consulars inside told the guy to get a copy of his ticket so he could be issued a visa, his application already stayed for months.
So many people were complaining that France embassy presently have a very big technical issue. I regretted applying there.

I don't know what to do next. I can only change the things which I can change and to live with those things which I cannot change.

What more can i say, this is so pathetic.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
tzetzefly:

What more can i say, this is so pathetic.....

It's well, I believe at God's time and his will be done.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yeecar(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=tzetzefly]

Sorry to read of your refusal, but there are several factors involved that may have resulted in such outcome. This factor should be clearer if we know what Federal Civil Servant you are?

But the only pointer i can think of that led to your immediate refusal, maybe unconnected to your visa category which you choose i.e. a B1 visa. The proper category should have been under a J-1 visa. I believe this would have been more tolerable to the Visa Officer.
[/quote
Thanks alot bro. i work with the federal institute of industrial research oshodi, its a parastatal under the federal ministry of science and tech. I saw the J1 category but i taught it will be difficult considering the long process. Honestly am confused, I will really apreciate it if you can kindly put me through the process of applying for a J1 visa. thank you. Hope its not late considering the fact that the training is by january 2014?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Yeecar,

To take part in one of the J-1 Visa
programs, locate and contact a designated sponsor. It is a long process, but you can get the necessary details here:

www.j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 12:36am On Oct 05, 2013
@ tzetzefly for a 1 mth training most people use a B1/B2 visa, the J visa program is for people intending to stay in the US for about a year @ the least and the process is too long for a 1 mth training (I think).

@ Yeecar what's your monthly income and your job profile? It may be that the CO is unconvinced that you have enough ties to Nigeria. Or maybe the details of the training doesn't match your job description.

@ Asorock1 I am so sad @ this turn of events from the shoddy treatment @ the french consulate to the final outcome. Ndo o? I'm so sorry.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yeecar(m): 5:33am On Oct 05, 2013
blawi1: @ tzetzefly for a 1 mth training most people use a B1/B2 visa, the J visa program is for people intending to stay in the US for about a year @ the least and the process is too long for a 1 mth training (I think).

@ Yeecar what's your monthly income and your job profile? It may be that the CO is unconvinced that you have enough ties to Nigeria. Or maybe the details of the training doesn't match your job description.

@ Asorock1 I am so sad @ this turn of events from the shoddy treatment @ the french consulate to the final outcome. Ndo o? I'm so sorry.

Oh thanks alot blawwi1. My monthly income is 99,554 naira. the training is 100% connected with my job as a matter of fact, my employers are willing to sponsor the trip. they even gave me an introductory letter to that effect, i told the CO but she didnt ask for the letter. Or was i suppose to have shown her the letter not withstanding? Am just confused you know.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by zinnie86(f): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2013
Yeecar:

Oh thanks alot blawwi1. My monthly income is 99,554 naira. the training is 100% connected with my job as a matter of fact, my employers are willing to sponsor the trip. they even gave me an introductory letter to that effect, i told the CO but she didnt ask for the letter. Or was i suppose to have shown her the letter not withstanding? Am just confused you know.

I think you should include in your next application, under the sponsorship section, that your office would be sponsoring you and provide the name, number and e-mail address of a top executive in ur office. Also go with a "letter of sponsorship" from your employer for the interview

@Asorock1: So sorry for what u had to go through at the French embassy. It wasn't totally wasted as u got to hear the ugly experiences of others and most importantly ur passport wasn't stamped, just try other embassies. Best of Luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hastron: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2013
Yeecar: Hello sir.I am a federal
visa under section 214 (B). I told her dat a leter of

Sorry to hear that was it at the abuja embassy or lagos,cos i was at the abuja consulate on the 4th too and my visa was granted,I would share it for other people to learn from.
reapplying next week.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2013
Yeecar:

You claim in your interview and on your DS-160 form, that you are a government sponsored worker, that in itself, is a prelude to obtaining a J-1 visa which you are unaware of. Your intended reason for travel is to seek a Training in what is presumed specifically for cultural change / Technological advancement (your related field of work) to your home country. The VOs are aware of this, but you do not.

That was why she/ he felt your case was lacking facts as she / he wondered why your office does not know this procedure hence, she didnt want to waste her / his time interviewing you.

The Exchange Visitor Program promotes mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by educational and cultural exchanges.

The J-1 Visa provides countless opportunities for international candidates looking to travel and gain experience in the United States. The multifaceted programs enable foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to teach, study, conduct research, demonstrate special skills or receive on the job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years.

Through the Government Visitor program, distinguished international visitors develop and strengthen professional and personal relationships with their American counterparts in U.S. federal, state or local government agencies.

Government Visitor (which you claim you are due to your sponsorship), must be:

1.Selected by a U.S. federal, state or local government agency.

2. Engaged in observation tours, discussions, consultations, professional meetings, conferences, workshops and travel.

3. An influential or distinguished person.

Go through this website for additional specific requirements:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1267.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by hastron: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2013
Yeecar: I am a federal
visa . I told her dat a leter of
reapplying next week.

Sorry to hear that was it at the abuja embassy or lagos,cos i was at the abuja consulate on the 4th too and my visa was granted,I would share it for other people to learn from.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yeecar(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2013
hastron:

no it was at the lagos consulate. I was seriously beating by rain. sad
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yeecar(m): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2013
tzetzefly:

You claim in your interview and on your DS-160 form, that you are a government sponsored worker, that in itself, is a prelude to obtaining a J-1 visa which you are unaware of. Your intended reason for travel is to seek a Training in what is presumed specifically for cultural change / Technological advancement (your related field of work) to your home country. The VOs are aware of this, but you do not.

That was why she/ he felt your case was lacking facts as she / he wondered why your office does not know this procedure hence, she didnt want to waste her / his time interviewing you.

The Exchange Visitor Program promotes mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by educational and cultural exchanges.

The J-1 Visa provides countless opportunities for international candidates looking to travel and gain experience in the United States. The multifaceted programs enable foreign nationals to come to the U.S. to teach, study, conduct research, demonstrate special skills or receive on the job training for periods ranging from a few weeks to several years.

Through the Government Visitor program, distinguished international visitors develop and strengthen professional and personal relationships with their American counterparts in U.S. federal, state or local government agencies.

Government Visitor (which you claim you are due to your sponsorship), must be:

1.Selected by a U.S. federal, state or local government agency.

2. Engaged in observation tours, discussions, consultations, professional meetings, conferences, workshops and travel.

3. An influential or distinguished person.

Go through this website for additional specific requirements:

www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1267.html

thanks alot bro youve been great. The company that gave me the scolarship is a private company in the USA and not a USA government organization. The scholarship covers everything excluding TFare and that is where my employers are coming in (they are paying for my return ticket) cos they dont want me to loose this oppurtunity. Do you still feel i should go for the j1 considering the long process involved just for a month visit and dont u think it will be late considering the fact that the training is by january ,2014?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:34am On Oct 05, 2013
Yeecar:

thanks alot bro youve been great. The company that gave me the scolarship is a private company in the USA and not a USA government organization. The scholarship covers everything excluding TFare and that is where my employers are coming in (they are paying for my return ticket) cos they dont want me to loose this oppurtunity. Do you still feel i should go for the j1 considering the long process involved just for a month visit and dont u think it will be late considering the fact that the training is by january ,2014?

Private company you said. Ok. But what sort of activities are they into and are they firmly recognised in the States?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yeecar(m): 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
tzetzefly:

Private company you said. Ok. But what sort of activities are they into and are they firmly recognised in the States?

they are into production of drugs (pharmaceutical company), they also sell raw materials for drug production. i dont think they really regocnised in the US cos they are not popular.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Yeecar:

they are into production of drugs (pharmaceutical company), they also sell raw materials for drug production. i dont think they really regocnised in the US cos they are not popular.

Google this pdf file:
www.state.gov/../87206.pdf

vital info as to the instructions a
CO follows in arriving at a visa approval decision is contained there.

Endeavour to observe Pages 17, 18 and 22 N12 paragraph a & b.

You will see from this page, why there was a conflict of decision in the minds of the VO who did not know how to place your visa application.

She was lost as to the reason for such sponsorship and training by the organisation in the States. And this situation in her mind, was a clear case of either an attempt to engage you in a temporary employment / training in the US which ordinarily should have been classified under an ''H'' visa category, or you as an applicant tried to be smart in your visa approach by coming with a ''B'' visa category.

If you had started the whole process with a ''J'' category visa, then you probably would not have gone through all this i guess.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Yeecar(m): 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
tzetzefly:

Google this pdf file:
www.state.gov/../87206.pdf

vital info as to the instructions a
CO follows in arriving at a visa approval decision is contained there.
Ok thanks A lot Bro, am grateful.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
at Asorock..pele

try Uk it is more straightforward
Re: Usa Visit Visa by TonyObii(m): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hello guys, gudevening. I ll be on my annual leave in December n my wife also in December too. we intend spending d holiday in d US. My wife works wth d nigerian immigration service as an assistant superintendent wth mnthly income of above 100k n I work as a registered nurse in a hospital wth mnthly income of above 50k . A friend who is a practising lawer in d US is inviting us n we intend to stay at most 2weeks so we can come bk prepare n go bk to wrk. While we re thr we intend to go shopping 4 things we need n also for cars cos I also do car business. Give some1 money n he buys n ship for me.Wat do we need, hw do we go about it n wat re our chances of getting visa. Tanx n God blss u richly. Tony.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tony Obii: Hello guys, gudevening. I ll be on my annual leave in December n my wife also in December too. we intend spending d holiday in d US. My wife works wth d nigerian immigration service as an assistant superintendent wth mnthly income of above 100k n I work as a registered nurse in a hospital wth mnthly income of above 50k . A friend who is a practising lawer in d US is inviting us n we intend to stay at most 2weeks so we can come bk prepare n go bk to wrk. While we re thr we intend to go shopping 4 things we need n also for cars cos I also do car business. Give some1 money n he buys n ship for me.Wat do we need, hw do we go about it n wat re our chances of getting visa. Tanx n God blss u richly. Tony.
visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ng to learn about the process
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2013
@Asorock_1 i am so sorry about that. but i think it's better you faced it and settled it once and for all. you know your fate and you can prep yourself for another application.

like i advised you sometime ago, since you have been to dubai, apply for SA visa, then turkey and afterwards, try the UK. leave US for now. keep your head up bro. you shall sing soon.

Asorock 1: My good people of nairaland, just like I said, I will keep you guys posted on my france visa application issue.
Well I arrived so late here in lagos yesterday being thursday, I had no option than to sleep at the ABC terminal, I just managed to brush my teeth and changed to my suit there is no place to bath, the bathroom is for drivers only, it started raining heavily here in lagos very early in the morning, for those of you who stays in lagos can testify to that, after waiting so long for the rain to subside, I had to go under the heavy down pour to avoid the lagos popular traffic jam, even though it later turned out to be what it is. I was so soaked with my suit cos i dressed well thinking it will be an interview issue. I arrived at the france embassy at 8:25AM with wet body, there was a man waiting as well, the security men told me i have to wait till its 10AM. At the said time the back door was opened then i realized that its a Nigerian girl that we have to meet at a counter just like the US embassy counter. By then we already have so many people waiting, I was the second person. The man ahead of me was allowed in , though I don't know the reason, when it was my turn , I explained to the girl why I'm there, she took my passport and the refusal letter with my name and the other names glanced through it, she asked me to wait and she also took the receipt of the woman behind me, she left the counter and went into the consulate . We waited for like an hour or 45 minutes before she showed up and gave the woman her passport , returned my passport to me without any refusal stamp but with another letter this time having my full name with my surname and other names. I was speechless, disappointed , and I felt the pains more than I did initially , what I was actually afraid of really happened, I left my job, time , spend money, the stress and all i passed through both under the heavy rain and so on to come to lagos and collect a corrected sheet of paper. If not that I'm a man really i should have cried. But I remembered the music our driver was playing on our way to lagos. The music said " no matter the struggle, God does his things at the right time". I explained to the people around me who cares to know what happened because i later asked the girl to give me back the initial paper with my name and the other names , she went inside again stayed for 30 minutes came out and told me that the main Oga has taken up the matter that the system showed i was refused, i think she became mean because i told her i want to petition with the paper as i strongly believe there is a mix-up with my application and someone else. But after the argument with the Nigerian girl, a lady and a man called me aside and told me that the truth is that France hardly replies to appeals except in an extreme circumstances, the reply to 2 out of 100 petitions. That I should go an apply for UK visa as that will be easier for me then if I apply again they will give me. I left, I'm

A police DPO came shouting that his application has stayed for almost 2 months, same with one other guy who already has a Mexico visa but needed a France transit visa decided to withdraw the passport as he intends to travel with it today the Nigeria girl after consultation with the useless france consulars inside told the guy to get a copy of his ticket so he could be issued a visa, his application already stayed for months.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2013
Hello tzetzefly and everyone
in the house, please I would like some clarifications on this issues, please advice and immediate replies are needed.
1.) I read from a post from someone here about putting NO at the place on US ds160 form when ask if previously employed for the past 5 years, since he is still working with his present employer for more than 5 years now. I think this is my case as well , when I filled my application last few months , at that place i filled NO, and then filled my present employment details because i wasn't previously employed , I have been working with my present employer for more than 6 years now, and during the interview the CO asked me how long I have been working i said 6 years and 4 months as at June. Please is this a mistake, does it pose a treat to my future application, and how do I correct this when applying again , because the form will ask from date of attendance to end date

2.) I intend applying for UK visit visa by the end of October to travel for Christmas holiday but alone without my family because my wife will stay to look after my sick mother in-law as she wants them to come during this Christmas and stay with her. Is it ok for me to apply As to also boost my travel history.

3.) I have decide to go with a conference as a reason for applying for a US visa next year. But my questions are; won't the CO see it as inconsistency in reason to visit US are what are the likely questions and best answer to give during interview for conference.

4.) Please tzetzefly, you said something about a conference on Global Marketing Strategy or Business Consultation/ Development, I have been able to see some conference that required payment on business and economics relating to my field on some sites like allconference.com, conference alerts etc for next year but i don't know how to go about this, like submitting abstracts etc, I have never been to a conference before. These are the conferences;
a.) International Business Research, Economics , Finance and Management, location is Honolulu , Hawaii, US. From jan 6th to jan 9th 2014 again another one from feb 14, 2014 to feb 16, .14.
b.) Orlando winter conference- Research/teaching excellence in Business and Economics conference , Orlando, Florida, US. From 16th to 18th of march, 14.
I want to know if these conferences would be recognized by the US embassy as important and is there any other conference i might go to be seen relevant , which one do I choose how do I go about it, what is the best time to apply

5.) last, a friend of mine wants to apply to UK for the Christmas holiday and he ends 95k monthly after tax, he put married as a marital status when he went for his international passport early this year, and now he just wish to put single as his marital status in his UK application since he doesn't have documents and pictures to support it and owing to the fact that he thinks his income is low for a family person since UK normal ask a lot in their form like how much you spend a month from bills and a lot, so now is it ok for him to just state single in his application
Does the embassy verify the informations on the passport like marital status apart from the one on the passport data page

Is it ok for him to just state single, note he hasn't applied for UK visa before, but has been to some African countries.

God bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smut: 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
hello great people, am a nigerian student studying in north cyprus.i got here last month and i already have my student resident permit here and all the necessary students documents here since am a registered student.now i'm planning to visit my blood sister in december who is a citizen of america for about 9yrs after the mid-term exam in november.i plan to spend like 6days there and be back for my exams in january asap.pls friends,what are my chances of getting this us visa?thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 12:45am On Oct 13, 2013
My brother you don't need to be in rush applying for a US visa in Northern Cyprus, believe me, they wont issue u d visa, your chances are very slim, and they will tell you that you dont have strong ties in Northern Cyprus. if you like take this piece of advice or leave it! you will come back to tell me story. i will like to educate you on this, if you really want to get a US visa from Northern Cyprus.

1. Apply when you are in your second or third year of your studies,
2. Try apply for a schengen visa from Nothern Cyprus, go and come back, try visit other countries and come back to Cyprus.
3.if their is this program in Northern Cyprus (USA summer work and Travel), try apply through the agency in N-Cyprus.
4. dont use visit visa from Northern Cyprus, as a student, use conference! there are a lots of student conference,
5. Try and have good grade on your student handbook.
6. Be ready to strong ties in Northern Cyprus, thats why is always good to apply from third, because they know you are almost in your final and there is noway u can abandon to remain US illegal.

tAKE my advice or leave it, doont waste time & money to apply for a US visa in Northern Cyprus
smut: hello great people, am a nigerian student studying in north cyprus.i got here last month and i already have my student resident permit here and all the necessary students documents here since am a registered student.now i'm planning to visit my blood sister in december who is a citizen of america for about 9yrs after the mid-term exam in november.i plan to spend like 6days there and be back for my exams in january asap.pls friends,what are my chances of getting this us visa?thanks

2 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:15am On Oct 13, 2013
Asorock 1:

Hello tzetzefly and everyone
in the house, please I would like some clarifications on this issues, please advice and immediate replies are needed.

1.) I read from a post from someone here about putting NO at the place on US ds160 form when ask if previously employed for the past 5 years, since he is still working with his present employer for more than 5 years now. I think this is my case as well , when I filled my application last few months , at that place i filled NO, and then filled my present employment details because i wasn't previously employed , I have been working with my present employer for more than 6 years now, and during the interview the CO asked me how long I have been working i said 6 years and 4 months as at June. Please is this a mistake, does it pose a treat to my future application, and how do I correct this when applying again , because the form will ask from date of attendance to end date?

The job you're currently into is what is required of you.

Asorock 1:

2.) I intend applying for UK visit visa by the end of October to travel for Christmas holiday but alone without my family because my wife will stay to look after my sick mother in-law as she wants them to come during this Christmas and stay with her. Is it ok for me to apply As to also boost my travel history.

It will be difficult for you to secure a UK visa, if not impossible. Reasons being that the question part on the UK application form asking if you had been refused visas to any country and your reply will be yes: US and France. Now tell me in a situation like this, with the UK always looking for avenues to deny intending travellers from Nigeria, wont they just say, ''you're not qualified without going through your documents?''

Asorock 1:

3.) I have decide to go with a conference as a reason for applying for a US visa next year. But my questions are; won't the CO see it as inconsistency in reason to visit US are what are the likely questions and best answer to give during interview for conference.

The CO will not see your application as inconsistent as long as your travel situation changes and also a change in your circumstance.

Asorock 1:

4.) Please tzetzefly, you said something about a conference on Global Marketing Strategy or Business Consultation/ Development, I have been able to see some conference that required payment on business and economics relating to my field on some sites like allconference.com, conference alerts etc for next year but i don't know how to go about this, like submitting abstracts etc, I have never been to a conference before. These are the conferences;
a.) International Business Research, Economics , Finance and Management, location is Honolulu , Hawaii, US. From jan 6th to jan 9th 2014 again another one from feb 14, 2014 to feb 16, .14.
b.) Orlando winter conference- Research/teaching excellence in Business and Economics conference , Orlando, Florida, US. From 16th to 18th of march, 14. I want to know if these conferences would be recognized by the US embassy as important and is there any other conference i might go to be seen relevant , which one do I choose how do I go about it, what is the best time to apply

Choose the conference in Orlando, Florida. That location is closer, budget friendly and more travel sensible in the eyes of a CO.

Hawaii, Honolulu is an expensive location and quite far from Nigeria. Hawaii, does not border any other U.S. state.

The CO will take your economic circumstance, previous conference travel experience and your present situation in Nigeria in arriving at his/her decision. Quite a difficult prospect that one, Hawaii.

Asorock 1:

5.) last, a friend of mine wants to apply to UK for the Christmas holiday and he ends 95k monthly after tax, he put married as a marital status when he went for his international passport early this year, and now he just wish to put single as his marital status in his UK application since he doesn't have documents and pictures to support it and owing to the fact that he thinks his income is low for a family person since UK normal ask a lot in their form like how much you spend a month from bills and a lot, so now is it ok for him to just state single in his application
Does the embassy verify the informations on the passport like marital status apart from the one on the passport data page

Is it ok for him to just state single, note he hasn't applied for UK visa before, but has been to some African countries.

He can enter single on the UK application form as long as he can show consistency in his future application process.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 9:54am On Oct 13, 2013
Tzetzefly thanks for the reply, I'm really grateful, please how do I go about the conference, I went to their website but didn't understand the process , I know it does requirement payment but other things like submitting abstract, call for paper, I don't really understand that part, please can look into it and help me.
-When is the best time to go for the interview since the conference in Orlando Florida is march
-please what are the likely questions and best answers to give during the interview for conference purpose.
-When filling the application, on the part of we're you previously employed for the past 5 years, i should still fill NO and then fill the details for the present employer, note once more i have been on my present job for more than 6 years now.
Sorry I'm asking a lot . I think others will also learn from my case.
God bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 11:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Asorock 1: Tzetzefly thanks for the reply, I'm really grateful, please how do I go about the conference, I went to their website but didn't understand the process , I know it does requirement payment but other things like submitting abstract, call for paper, I don't really understand that part, please can look into it and help me.

You are to e-mail the organisers of the conference you prefer to attend, and let them know of your intention to partake in the event. Further instructions will be mailed to you from their centre. It also allows you to have a personal contact with the conference organisers.

Asorock 1: -When is the best time to go for the interview since the conference in Orlando Florida is march

You can attend your interview by February 2014.

Asorock 1: -please what are the likely questions and best answers to give during the interview for conference purpose.

You will be asked why you're going for the conference, where the conference is being held and how many days you will be away.

Asorock 1: -When filling the application, on the part of we're you previously employed for the past 5 years, i should still fill NO and then fill the details for the present employer, note once more i have been on my present job for more than 6 years now.
Sorry I'm asking a lot . I think others will also learn from my case.
God bless you.

Fill ''yes'' since you have been employed at the same organisation for that long . And also be ready to answer questions relating to your job.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Fill ''yes'' since you have been employed at the same organisation for that long . And also be ready to answer questions relating to your job. [/quote]

I will do all you said Tzetztfly , please what about at the previous application where I mistakenly put NO, because I didn't understand that part well? Won't it be seen as inconsistency in application

How do I make the VO understand. By writing or Oral during the interview. Because some may not ask you but will think you lying.

God bless you
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Asorock 1: Fill ''yes'' since you have been employed at the same organisation for that long . And also be ready to answer questions relating to your job.

I will do all you said Tzetztfly , please what about at the previous application where I mistakenly put NO, because I didn't understand that part well? Won't it be seen as inconsistency in application

How do I make the VO understand. By writing or Oral during the interview. Because some may not ask you but will think you lying.

God bless you

It is not a material misrepresentation and this can be overlooked by the CO. He / she may now in this regard, ask you for your payslips and or bank statements to prove your claim.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by StrangeMan619: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bros and Sissys, Una well done ooo! Please I would like to make an enquiry about US visa. I have dis white Lady that has been my friend on a social media network for about 2 yrs now. She also calls me on phone and we talk a lot. She has sent so many gifts to me via courier. And I send to her too. I talk with her family members too. So, she talked about inviting me to d US as soon as possible. I have HND and working and earns about 100k monthly. I've only travelled to Malaysia for a UN workshop in 2010. So my question is, What are my chances of getting a US visa tru dis invitation. What are d documents she needs to send 4 visa processing? Advice me on what to do! Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.