Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1061713 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by coobboy(m): 12:05am On Oct 17, 2013
Sorry to derail this thread huh how can I get or book a cheap flight from Dallas tx to JFK new York please help needed here I can't go through the bus stress again thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:25am On Oct 17, 2013
StrangeMan619: Bros and Sissys, Una well done ooo! Please I would like to make an enquiry about US visa. I have dis white Lady that has been my friend on a social media network for about 2 yrs now. She also calls me on phone and we talk a lot. She has sent so many gifts to me via courier. And I send to her too. I talk with her family members too. So, she talked about inviting me to d US as soon as possible. I have HND and working and earns about 100k monthly. I've only travelled to Malaysia for a UN workshop in 2010. So my question is, What are my chances of getting a US visa tru dis invitation. What are d documents she needs to send 4 visa processing? Advice me on what to do! Thank you!

Before the CO will take you seriously as a potential visitor who wishes to return to his home country at the expiration of his visit, the lady in question must visit you in Nigeria and spend a reasonable time with you.

This will show there has been a physical presence in between your friendship and that you both have an idea of what you each look like.

Either you go to the States for a conference or you proceed on vacation will look the better option at the moment.

I must advise you to leave that lady out of your application, if you hope to succeed in your interview....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by StrangeMan619: 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
tzetzefly:

Before the CO will take you seriously as a potential visitor who wishes to return to his home country at the expiration of his visit, the lady in question must visit you in Nigeria and spend a reasonable time with you.

This will show there has been a physical presence in between your friendship and that you both have an idea of what you each look like.

Either you go to the States for a conference or you proceed on vacation will look the better option at the moment.

I must advise you to leave that lady out of your application, if you hope to succeed in your interview....
thank you for your advice!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dintex: 7:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
My name is obiora.i am a quality control engineer in a servicing company in ph.I earn 398k and will be going for vacation to italy this November.I want to go for a conference either in canada or u.s but might be sponsored by my company.I am happily married with four kids.My wife is equally working here.The company instructed that we should find a conference/workshop to attend,that they will sponsor.My question is that how will i get a paid hotel reservation?

Also,which of the countries will be better for the workshop on Electrical safety.I have seen this workshop in the two countries.In u.s it will take place in Feb 4th to 7th 2014 and in canada it will take place in March 5th to 8th 2014.

Please will my vacation which i will embark around November look as if one is desperate in travelling before the CO?

Also house,what documents will i prepare for the interview?

I will be glad if my questions are answered.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 6:48am On Oct 18, 2013
dintex: My name is obiora.i am a quality control engineer in a servicing company in ph.I earn 398k and will be going for vacation to italy this November.I want to go for a conference either in canada or u.s but might be sponsored by my company.I am happily married with four kids.My wife is equally working here.The company instructed that we should find a conference/workshop to attend,that they will sponsor.My question is that how will i get a paid hotel reservation?

Your company can sponsor your conference trip, it's a bonus to your application. Their financial standing will be cited by the CO to know if they are genuine and able to cater for your trip.

You dont need any paid hotel reservation to apply for a US visa. Do not make any payment until your visa is approved so state the embassy.

dintex: Also,which of the countries will be better for the workshop on Electrical safety.I have seen this workshop in the two countries.In u.s it will take place in Feb 4th to 7th 2014 and in canada it will take place in March 5th to 8th 2014.

Any of the two countries is ok. Actually the US with her interview is more advantageous as you get to prove your case on a face to face basis with a VO.

dintex: Please will my vacation which i will embark around November look as if one is desperate in travelling before the CO?

Not at all. These are two different travel reasons. One is for vacation and the latter is for a conference.

dintex: Also house,what documents will i prepare for the interview?

1. Your conference paid invitation letter

2. Your passport with a stamped entry to Italy

3. Your payslip / bank statement

4. Your company ID card

5. Location of the conference in the States

6. Appear well dressed and answer only what you're asked.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dintex: 8:42am On Oct 18, 2013
tzetzefly:

Your company can sponsor your conference trip, it's a bonus to your application. Their financial standing will be cited by the CO to know if they are genuine and able to cater for your trip.

You dont need any paid hotel reservation to apply for a US visa. Do not make any payment until your visa is approved so state the embassy.

Any of the two countries is ok. Actually the US with her interview is more advantageous as you get to prove your case on a face to face basis with a VO.

Not at all. These are two different travel reasons. One is for vacation and the latter is for a conference.

1. Your conference paid invitation letter

2. Your passport with a stamped entry to Italy

3. Your payslip / bank statement

4. Your company ID card

5. Location of the conference in the States

6. Appear well dressed and answer only what you're asked.....

@ All,i am ever grateful.Pls its still the same intention for canada and u.s.But i have taken the advice to pursue u.s which is more straight forward.
I know God will do it for me and i will come here to testify.I am proud of all of you here.Also,is it my statement account or the company'S own which will sponsor me.When do i start the process.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by oloriesther(f): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2013
Goodmorning house,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
oloriesther: Goodmorning house,

Please my hubby and I wants to apply 4 US visit visa. We intend spending 7day during the xmas period. We have made hotel reservation, my hubby also has travelled to netherland, UK, Turkey, Germany and france. Currently he has a 1yrs france visa which he travelled with in June.We both travelled to UK & Turkey last year oct. The reason we intend to travel now is for vacation, tourism and to celebrate our wedding anniverasry which is in november. We intend going to Orlando Florida. Pls are this reason tangible enough to present to the visa officer. Currently we are both employed and no kids yet, is this enough tie to Nigeria. Your prompt advise will be most appreciated.

Your travel history looks good on paper, but the greater hurdle is your tie to your country i.e your job, families, activities etc.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
dintex:

@ All,i am ever grateful.Pls its still the same intention for canada and u.s.But i have taken the advice to pursue u.s which is more straight forward.
I know God will do it for me and i will come here to testify.I am proud of all of you here.Also,is it my statement account or the company'S own which will sponsor me.When do i start the process.

If your organisation is unpopular in Nigeria, a statement of account from your employers and also your own bank statements are both relevant.

You should apply two months before your conference date to avoid rush time. But if issued, you cant travel with that visa before your conference date....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:46am On Oct 20, 2013
Yeecar:
Ok thanks A lot Bro, am grateful.

You can also try the H-3 visa category. This one is less stressful and can be easier to obtain than the J visa category.

H-3 visa : Trainee or Special Education
visitor. This category is to receive training, other than graduate medical or academic, that is not available in the trainee’s home country.

Check these websites for additional info:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-3_visa

www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1271.html
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithjanetstore: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
@house quick response is needed urgently, a friend of mine going tu USA for a business trip, the pblem is that while filing the ds160 in the US contact information, can he puthis relative adress and information there since he has someone there already

house i need a good idea
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:13am On Oct 24, 2013
smithjanetstore: @house quick response is needed urgently, a friend of mine going tu USA for a business trip, the pblem is that while filing the ds160 in the US contact information, can he puthis relative adress and information there since he has someone there already
house i need a good idea

Only if he knows the status of his relative in the States. Aside this, his best bet is to make use of an hotel accomodation as his contact address....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by smithjanetstore: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
thanks man i really appreciate ur response concerning the hotel reservation is it good idea make the reservation nd payment online whats ur opinion abt this sorry for the disturbance
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
smithjanetstore: thanks man i really appreciate ur response concerning the hotel reservation is it good idea make the reservation nd payment online whats ur opinion abt this sorry for the disturbance

The U.S. Dept of State does not encourage payments of any kind except for conferences.

If you're doing so, it is at your own risk. Just ensure a refund is possible in case a visa is not issued...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by toslax: 4:01am On Oct 30, 2013
if someone got denied on a student visa. . . Can the person re-apply again after a month6 for visiting visa ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2013
Tzetzefly and everyone in the house please I want to know if there will any negative effect on any visa application in future if i withdraw 1million naira from my account which serves as my salary account and is same acct that I have been using for visa applications, I intend to complete the deal on purchase of my land. I already paid 2m for the land and the agreement is to pay the balance payment on or before November, won't the CO see it as huge some withdrawal expecially if is not an interview visa application where I could explain

Secondly I opened this account last year November with 800,000 naira from my previous salary account i didn't want to continue with the initial bank, now the account is about 1.9m naira, will this be seen or sensed as money lodgment even if the initial amount doesn't appear in a 6 months statement of account owing to the fact that it was just opened within one year and with such balance

God bless you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:23am On Oct 30, 2013
toslax: if someone got denied on a student visa. . . Can the person re-apply again after a month for visiting visa ?

It is an explicit ground for refusal. The VO will quickly smell a potential immigrant.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2013
Asorock 1: Tzetzefly and everyone in the house please I want to know if there will any negative effect on any visa application in future if i withdraw 1million naira from my account which serves as my salary account and is same acct that I have been using for visa applications, I intend to complete the deal on purchase of my land. I already paid 2m for the land and the agreement is to pay the balance payment on or before November, won't the CO see it as huge some withdrawal expecially if is not an interview visa application where I could explain

No eyebrows will be raised as long as your receipt is intact to show where the huge money was transfered to or used for (especially for visas to UK, and the Schengen )

Asorock 1: Secondly I opened this account last year November with 800,000 naira from my previous salary account i didn't want to continue with the initial bank, now the account is about 1.9m naira, will this be seen or sensed as money lodgment even if the initial amount doesn't appear in a 6 months statement of account owing to the fact that it was just opened within one year and with such balance

God bless you.

A standard account statement is such that can show all verifiable income and expenditures over a period of time. All monies going in and coming out, must be accounted for. No bogus transactions....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 10:50am On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

No eyebrows will be raised as long as your receipt is intact to show where the huge money was transfered to or used for (especially for visas to UK, and the Schengen )

A standard account statement is such that can show all verifiable income and expenditures over a period of time. All monies going in and coming out, must be accounted for. No bogus transactions....

Thanks so much tzetzefly for the prompt respond, please , I didn't understand that bolded part clearly, does it mean the account is standard or not A 6 months statement from from this account will of course show income and outflow from my employer paying my salary into the account, but my fear is if by mathematically i shouldn't have up to that balance without money lodgment because the account is just about a year old, and i have monthly expenses too, but you know when opening account you could use higher amount especially if maybe you want to close up an initial account. So in visa application like UK, what do you advice i do Would withdrawing the 1m for the land and a little note to explain that initial lodgment was done when opening the account for this future plan

How best can i put this in writing. Please help Tzetzefly and beloved brothers in the house.

God bless.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eziafakise: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2013
Tzetzefly and the house please i want to be sure i am on the right track, i am applying for usa visit visa my interview is in 2 weeks time, please d basic reason for my travelling is to shop for my wedding which is jan next year and i intend to travel dec , just for 7 days , i want to stay in a hotel , reservations has been made though unpaid for, i have my leave letter, and every other supporting documents, my salary is 180k per month, please whats d best ans dat i should give dem ? should i just say to shop for my wedding and vacation, or what, house pls i need a guide . thanks for your support .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 1:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
Asorock 1: [/b]

Thanks so much tzetzefly for the prompt respond, please , I didn't understand that bolded part clearly, does it mean the account is standard or not A 6 months statement from from this account will of course show income and outflow from my employer paying my salary into the account, but my fear is if by mathematically i shouldn't have up to that balance without money lodgment because the account is just about a year old, and i have monthly expenses too, but you know when opening account you could use higher amount especially if maybe you want to close up an initial account. So in visa application like UK, what do you advice i do Would withdrawing the 1m for the land and a little note to explain that initial lodgment was done when opening the account for this future plan

How best can i put this in writing. Please help Tzetzefly and beloved brothers in the house.

God bless.

The account statement you're presenting shouldnt have a problem with bal b/f of #900,000, the problem will only surface if a deposit along the line, then show that an amount to the above figure was deposited with no clear source of origin.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Asorock1: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

The account statement you're presenting shouldnt have a problem with bal b/f of #900,000, the problem will only surface if a deposit along the line, then show that an amount to the above figure was deposited with no clear source of origin.....

Thanks tzetzefly for the information. I'm grateful.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
Please the conference thingy stated in the earlier pages can I still use that way to secure a visa? Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eziafakise: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
[quote author=eziafakise]
Tzetzefly and the house please i want to be sure i am on the right track, i am applying for usa visit visa my interview is in 2 weeks time, please d basic reason for my travelling is to shop for my wedding which is jan next year and i intend to travel dec , just for 7 days , i want to stay in a hotel , reservations has been made though unpaid for, i have my leave letter, and every other supporting documents, my salary is 180k per month, please whats d best ans dat i should give dem ? should i just say to shop for my wedding and vacation, or what, house pls i need a guide . thanks for your support .

[Tzetzefly and the house please i want to be sure i am on the right track, i am applying for usa visit visa my interview is in 2 weeks time, please d basic reason for my travelling is to shop for my wedding which is jan next year and i intend to travel dec , just for 7 days , i want to stay in a hotel , reservations has been made though unpaid for, i have my leave letter, and every other supporting documents, my salary is 180k per month, please whats d best ans dat i should give dem ? should i just say to shop for my wedding and vacation, or what, house pls i need a guide . thanks for your support .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
eziafakise:

Leave out the shopping for your wedding part, this will not sway any VO since you want to go alone without your spouse. They all know you can as well do your shopping online and order back home through a courier.

Your case can be a little bit complicated. I dont know what you filled for your marital status. This question can be asked during your interview.

You want to get married January, and you're travelling by December. If i were you, i will just state vacation and list places i intend visiting. Mention wedding shopping, and there's a total spin to the whole interview application process.

You're on going to be on annual leave however, so what's the VO's fuse about nothing. Stick to what you're sure of and do not complicate your case.

Congrats in advance on your proposed marriage....

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pls I need your help.
spongeisback: Please the conference thingy stated in the earlier pages can I still use that way to secure a visa? Thanks.
spongeisback: Please the conference thingy stated in the earlier pages can I still use that way to secure a visa? Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eziafakise: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

Leave out the shopping for your wedding part, this will not sway any VO since you want to go alone without your spouse. They all know you can as well do your shopping online and order back home through a courier.

Your case can be a little bit complicated. I dont know what you filled for your marital status. This question can be asked during your interview.

You want to get married January, and you're travelling by December. If i were you, i will just state vacation and list places i intend visiting. Mention wedding shopping, and there's a total spin to the whole interview application process.

You're on going to be on annual leave however, so what's the VO's fuse about nothing. Stick to what you're sure of and do not complicate your case.

Congrats in advance on your proposed marriage....

I filled single , so what u re saying its that it is best i say vacation? also i used my hotel address as my us point of contact hope that is okay as well, pls what re the questions likely asked and answers to suit them , thanks for your response so far.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
spongeisback: Pls I need your help.

I dont get your question, but if you mean getting a U.S. visa through conference, then i'd say it is quite possible. Only depends on your immediate and long term economic circumstance...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eziafakise: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

I dont get your question, but if you mean getting a U.S. visa through conference, then i'd say it is quite possible. Only depends on your immediate and long term economic circumstance...
I am not going thru conference going for vacation as a tourist .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
Thanks for replying,
Please I just graduated recently I want to visit America, I have no immediate family over there but there is an American citizen who works with USAID and he is willing to help with the invite and all but I will be sponsoring the trip myself. I currently reside In Ghana but I am a Nigerian and he is a Ghanaian do you think I would be eligible for a visa because I want to apply. Please I will be grateful if you give me other options.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
eziafakise:

I filled single , so what u re saying its that it is best i say vacation? also i used my hotel address as my us point of contact hope that is okay as well, pls what re the questions likely asked and answers to suit them , thanks for your response so far.

Single is good, vacation is the best bet, hotel reservation is ok and much better as your contact details in the States, the likely questions for you are the routine ones : Where are you going in the U.S., where do you work, what is your marital status, how long are you staying in the States; how much do you earn etc....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
spongeisback: Thanks for replying,
Please I just graduated recently I want to visit America, I have no immediate family over there but there is an American citizen who works with USAID and he is willing to help with the invite and all but I will be sponsoring the trip myself. I currently reside In Ghana but I am a Nigerian and he is a Ghanaian do you think I would be eligible for a visa because I want to apply. Please I will be grateful if you give me other options.

Did you school in Ghana, when did you graduate, Is your course of study related to the USAID proposed conference, and i hope you have a resident permit to stay in Ghana?

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.