Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1059640 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

Did you school in Ghana, yes
when did you graduate, June
Is your course of study related to the USAID proposed conference, "am not really going for a conference am just looking for other alternative incase he disappoints me.
and i hope you have a resident permit to stay in Ghana? Yes I have
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eziafakise: 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2013
[quote author=tzetzefly]

Single is good, vacation is the best bet, hotel reservation is ok and much better as your contact details in the States, the likely questions for you are the routine ones : Where are you going in the U.S., where do you work, what is your marital status, how long are you staying in the States; how much do you earn etc....
[/quote

In the case of marital status i filled single, so i shouldnt chip in anything about my wedding, was thinking that will be a stong tie for me for them to reason that i am not an intending immigrant,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
@spongeisback

Well, to be sincere with you, a job to serve as a tie back home would have worked for you. But however, a related conference on your education would have been a bonus without a job since you're still a fresh graduate in pursuit of more knowledge.

As it is now, June to the present month is a long time to remain without a tangible means of income except your parents are willingn to foot the bills in which case a tie will be needed which you dont have.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
@eziafakise,

You can tell the VO that you have a to be spouse. That's all. Dont start with wedding and all....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 3:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
I work. I've been working for 3 years.
tzetzefly: @spongeisback

Well, to be sincere with you, a job to serve as a tie back home would have worked for you. But however, a related conference on your education would have been a bonus without a job since you're still a fresh graduate in pursuit of more knowledge.

As it is now, June to the present month is a long time to remain without a tangible means of income except your parents are willingn to foot the bills in which case a tie will be needed which you dont have.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
spongeisback: I work. I've been working for 3 years.

Oh, ok. That's good to know. That should be in Ghana i presume?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

Yes it is.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
spongeisback: Yes it is.

With work permit or resident permit?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
I just need other options. Pls suggest some to me.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

I don't have a work permit, But i pay tax.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
spongeisback: I just need other options. Pls suggest some to me.

You can go on vacation, conference, training etc. It all depends on your travel history and circumstance. For conference, you need a travel history likewise for vacation...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly:

You can go on vacation, conference, training etc. It all depends on your travel history and circumstance. For conference, you need a travel history likewise for vacation...
Pls does my Ghana travel history give me an advantage?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
spongeisback: Pls does my Ghana travel history give me an advantage?

It does, no travel history is too little or too much. You have resided outside your country of domicile for about four years, that's no piece of cake.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pls can we make contact outside NL?
tzetzefly:

It does, no travel history is too little or too much. You have resided outside your country of domicile for about four years, that's no piece of cake.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
spongeisback: Pls can we make contact outside NL?

Yes, send me a message on my Nairaland Profile, i'll get the e-mail message.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by eziafakise: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
tzetzefly: @eziafakise,

You can tell the VO that you have a to be spouse. That's all. Dont start with wedding and all....

I dont have any travel history will dis be a negative effect on my part ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by spongeisback: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2013
eziafakise:

I dont have any travel history will dis be a negative effect on my part ?

We have known alot of people who got their visas with no travel history, all depends on presentation and a little bit of luck.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bolanleife(f): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ Tzetzefly and all. Please I would like to know if the United states Embassy accepts scanned letter of invitation and tax clearance. The one sent earlier dissapeared in transit and the invitee has sent a clean scanned 1. Is that acceptable?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
bolanleife: @ Tzetzefly and all. Please I would like to know if the United states Embassy accepts scanned letter of invitation and tax clearance. The one sent earlier dissapeared in transit and the invitee has sent a clean scanned 1. Is that acceptable?

As long as the scanned copy is clear enough, it makes alot of sense.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bolanleife(f): 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
Thank you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hi House
I have some questions I wanna ask
1.My Interview is on the 20th of. November. Can I wear a suit there but I don't wanna use a Tie

2.My cousin who is inviting me sent a scanned. data page of his US passport and Drivers License plus invitation letter

3.Am I supposed to answer Ma or Sir to any questions by the VO

4.How Many months Pay slip do I need to go with ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
balotelli: Hi House
I have some questions I wanna ask
1.My Interview is on the 20th of. November. Can I wear a suit there but I don't wanna use a Tie

2.My cousin who is inviting me sent a scanned. data page of his US passport and Drivers License plus invitation letter

3.Am I supposed to answer Ma or Sir to any questions by the VO

4.How Many months Pay slip do I need to go with ?

You can enter for your interview without a tie if thats what gives you confidence. Make sure you're neat all round that's important.

You have to be polite to anyone you are faced with. However you answer sir or ma, is your choice.

The identity of your inviter is already on the U.S. Database. Just make sure you know the person in and out as well as his circumstance in the States. A copy of all his records mentioned by you can be taken along too.

You need a three months payslip or bank statement.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donciccio: 7:30am On Nov 02, 2013
hey NL's, my case: I applied for a Technology conference in April 2013. Though am single then, i had a valid Malaysia visit visa not used to expire in May 2013.

INTERVIEW:
VO: hello
Me: hello, good day n hw was ur nite
vo: fine (with a straight face no smile @all)
vo: y do u want to go to the US?
me: i need to attend blah blah Technology Conference in Texas
vo: where do u work?
ME: blah blah blah ltd
vo: what do u do?
me: i'm a Project coordinator for blah blah project (vo typing/ i was lookn straight to his face bt my heart beats faster dan imaginable)
vo: how mch do u earn?
me: 250k (the vo joined me to say the amount)
vo: so u re going to the US for 3days
me: actually the conference is frm 4-6 but (the vo cuts me off with another qstn immediately)
vo: but u said ure going to malaysia?
me: yes, ive a malaysia visa but the visa is just a social trip visa yle that of the US is a biz trip and this conference is going to add a positive value to my career upliftment
VO: y dnt u want to go to malaysia
me: am nt in a rush for the malaysia trip cos is just a pleasure vac bt for nw the conference is paramount to that cos its geared towards my career progress
vo: but u said ure going to malaysia
me: yes, like i said b4 its just a pleasure trip bt the conference is mor important nw cos it ll help my career
vo: so ll u still go to malaysia after the US trip?
me: cant say nw until i return from the conference
vo: sorry we cant grant u visa to the US nw (prints out a letter and gave to me)

*mind u i almost fainted answering those qstns but i tried as mch as Possible to comport myself cos my heart beats almost bursted. lol*
Note|: I later visited malaysia in May 2013 and spent 4days

Now am reapplying for an exhibition in process engineering in Dec 2013. Though ive been moved from my former position to a process engr position, still at the same rate and am engaged nw.
PLs NL's advice on way forward and whats my chances @tzetze and co.?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donciccio: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
can som1 pls respond.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by favoredgal: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2013
don_ciccio: can som1 pls respond.
Well good for you that you have now used your malaysian visa? Have you visited other country?

Why did you fill 3 days in your form when the conference is for 4-6 days

Well....be patient this time and fill your forms properly

Good luck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
don_ciccio: hey NL's, my case: I applied for a Technology conference in April 2013. Though am single then, i had a valid Malaysia visit visa not used to expire in May 2013.

INTERVIEW:

vo: so u re going to the US for 3days
me: actually the conference is frm 4-6 but (the vo cuts me off with another qstn immediately)
vo: but u said ure going to malaysia?
me: yes, ive a malaysia visa but the visa is just a social trip visa yle that of the US is a biz trip and this conference is going to add a positive value to my career upliftment
VO: y dnt u want to go to malaysia
me: am nt in a rush for the malaysia trip cos is just a pleasure vac bt for nw the conference is paramount to that cos its geared towards my career progress
vo: but u said ure going to malaysia
me: yes, like i said b4 its just a pleasure trip bt the conference is mor important nw cos it ll help my career
vo: so ll u still go to malaysia after the US trip?
me: cant say nw until i return from the conference
vo: sorry we cant grant u visa to the US nw (prints out a letter and gave to me)
*mind u i almost fainted answering those qstns but i tried as mch as Possible to comport myself cos my heart beats almost bursted. lol*
Note|: I later visited malaysia in May 2013 and spent 4days

Your reply to the VO on your travel plan was not consistent with your intended purpose. Your body language also gave the VO a doubt about your application.

You said at the time, you'd want to visit Malaysia and later stated you were not sure if you'd want to. And the fact that you had a Malaysian visa on your passport and you not being positive as to why you applied for it in the first place, is another problem on its own.

What i dont get is did you fill in your DS-160 form that you will be travelling to Malaysia from the U.S., or were you asked this question by the VO?

However when next you are applying for a visa to any country, you need to have a clear and unambiguous reason as to why you're travelling and what your purpose for travelling entails......
Re: Usa Visit Visa by sowu: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2013
hi gurus, pls I need ur urgent advice,made a mistake wit my date of birth while filing my ds 160 fom instead of April 12, I mistakenly typed April 17 and I ve submitted it.pls how can I make d correction or fill another form without affecting my appointment date. urgent pls pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by donciccio: 12:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
favored gal:
Well good for you that you have now used your malaysian visa? Have you visited other country?

Why did you fill 3 days in your form when the conference is for 4-6 days

Well....be patient this time and fill your forms properly

Good luck

I didnt fill 3days on the form i stated 6days and made hotel reservations for 6days also. No, I've not visited any other country. Then i filled the form properly.

tzetzefly:

Your reply to the VO on your travel plan was not consistent with your intended purpose. Your body language also gave the VO a doubt about your application.

You said at the time, you'd want to visit Malaysia and later stated you were not sure if you'd want to. And the fact that you had a Malaysian visa on your passport and you not being positive as to why you applied for it in the first place, is another problem on its own.

What i dont get is did you fill in your DS-160 form that you will be travelling to Malaysia from the U.S., or were you asked this question by the VO?

However when next you are applying for a visa to any country, you need to have a clear and unambiguous reason as to why you're travelling and what your purpose for travelling entails......

@tzetze,
I didnt fill that i"ll be travelling to malaysia from the US, I was asked the question.

Thanks @favor gal and tzetze for your response.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by toseyifunmi97: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2013
ok guys in the house please i need serious advice, i wish to make to apply for U.S tourist visa sometimes next year April , am married for 3yrs but no kids yet, i work with a bank and earn up to about 300k, my wife is a health worker with state govt and earns up to 110k, we have been to Ghana and recently south Africa together. am thinking do i apply for a visa without her alone or together. secondly do i mention Maryland as a tourist center or new york, guys please bail me out.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
toseyifunmi97: ok guys in the house please i need serious advice, i wish to make to apply for U.S tourist visa sometimes next year April , am married for 3yrs but no kids yet, i work with a bank and earn up to about 300k, my wife is a health worker with state govt and earns up to 110k, we have been to Ghana and recently south Africa together. am thinking do i apply for a visa without her alone or together. secondly do i mention Maryland as a tourist center or new york, guys please bail me out.

Apply together as couples, that way the CO gets to observe you both and this allows the two of you to have a better presentation in order to get the visa.

There are lots of reasons why people go on vacation, the U.S. offers different options across the country. You only need to know your reason for vacating.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BnBarbie(f): 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hello all,
Please I need your advice on behalf of a friend. Her question goes thus;

I got my visa last month to give birth in the US and will be travelling by Gods grace this month. My husband intends 2go 4his interview later dis mnth or in december. Pls what is best 4him 2say he's going 4? Vacation or 2witness the birth of his baby? Any oda tips 4him dat mait help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.