Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,779 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? (14135 Views)

African Culture Is Dying! / How Prominent Is African History/cultures In Primary(and Up) Schools / Western Culture Vs African Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
What Negative Influences has Western Culture Given to African Culture that did not already exist in African Cultures?

..*Takes Sip of Coffee and Yawns*...

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
Viewing this topic: Royal-VII

Exactly..... wink

You have literally nothing to add or say...Just walk away LoL

This thread is one of the great jokes in forum publication history

*Are Athletes becoming too Athletic?*....<----- lol

*Are Bacteria infested Sewers becoming too Dirty?*.....lol

*Are Bisexxuals Becoming Too Gay?*....lol

cool
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
Royal-VII:

See how you lose debates constantly on this forum and take things out of context....LmL

I slay each silly quote one by one....

Number 1 Royal,

ghet·to
   [get-oh] Show IPA
noun, plural ghet·tos, ghet·toes.
a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships.

a : an isolated group <a geriatric ghetto> b : a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the pink-collar ghetto>

Stop Creating "your own" definition of the word ghetto when i clearly post the definition multiple times as i have above in this thread.. LmL

Here is the Definition of Culture

a : the integrated pattern of human behavior that includes thought, speech, action, and artifacts and depends upon the human capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group

You really think the definition of "ghetto" above allows one to reasonably define a "culture" as ghetto?

You are comparing random american "crimes" to African Traditional Cultural Rituals ....

How are they "random"?

Why did the Milwaukee Cannibal happen in America and many similar crimes happen in America and not in Sri Lanka? Why not in Taiwan? Why not in Malaysia?

Why was a young psychopathic man able to stockpile an armory easily in America but not some other country?

Why do young American mothers keep drowning babies, but this isn't happening in certain other countries so frequently?

It is part of some backwards african cultures to Cut Off Heads

I'm glad you used the word some. It shows there's some hope.

Now not everybody who gets their head chopped off is innocent - I hope you know that. When it happens to an innocent child, people are outraged and it's not seen as normal. There are some cultures where even beheading criminals would probably be seen as barbaric, although there are are some cultures in the Middle east that punish people by whipping them or stoning women to death.

It is part of some backwards african cultures to slaughter kill and maim Albinos

Some cultures practiced that in the past, and some cultures did the exact opposite - albinos were treated normally. For example, in the Yoruba culture (I have read about this, I remember the specific quote), in the past, albinos were treated normally.

It is part of some backwards african cultures to Rappe Virgin when when you have Aids...

That is really from traditional culture to you? Is AIDS even part of traditional African cultures? This is just dumb and uneducated illiterates thinking they can cure diseases using terrible/diabolical means. There are traditional medicines and healing practices in African cultures for curing diseases and I haven't seen healing methods for diseases that involve violating virgins.

It is Part of some backwards african cultures to kill gay people and slaughter them like animals

Well, this is where I would disagree. I had an argument with another poster (Sagamite) a while back about how there was in fact pre-colonial homosexuality in a few cultures in Africa that was seen as normal, but he was never able to show me instances of gays being killed for being gay in Africa in precolonial times:

https://www.nairaland.com/593966/uganda-gay-rights-activist-david/33#7656872

https://www.nairaland.com/593966/uganda-gay-rights-activist-david/36#7675227

Apart from Muslims - which are all over the world, not just in Africa - I would actually attribute the hatred of gays to the point of killing them to the influence of Christianity in Africa. In fact, violence against gays happens all the time in the Western world, which surprise surprise, is mostly Christian.

Killing gays is not exclusive to Africa and I would view the trend of killing them as something more recent (though it could have happened in the past in some cultures).

It is part of some backwards african cultures to Mutilate young women vaginall organs as part of a "traditional" cultural belief

Once again, I'm glad you had the sense to use the word "some". It happens in Eritrea, Ethiopia, and multiple other places in Africa, just as it happens in India, but it is not universal. The belief is that it reduces promiscuity and the act is indeed wrong and the belief is ignorant, but it is not universal or exclusive to Africans.

Key Word..."Culture"....We are discussing "cultures" not random crimes....Your "Culture" is backwards and beyond "Ghetto"....

You understand the difference ?....Good wink

Keyword.."Culture"

I understand "culture" just fine, but I don't think these "random" crimes are really as random as you think they are.

The op blamed rap music....And You blame "westernized" culture for having a negative impact on your already incredibly backwards beliefs.....

Well I'm not sure the OP "blamed" rap music itself.

And I didn't blame anyone, I said where certain behaviors/phenomena were more likely to arise. I could equally argue that certain other behaviors (bad or good) would be more likely to arise in non-westernized areas. It wouldn't amount to "blaming" those non-westernized areas if I were to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
Royal-VII:
Viewing this topic: Royal-VII

Exactly..... wink

You have literally nothing to add or say...Just walk away LoL

cool

I was viewing another topic. When you open more than one page or refresh the page more than once in another topic, your username moves to the viewing list of that topic instead of the one you were previously on, even if you don't close out or actually leave the topic you were previously on.

2 Likes

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
PhysicsQED: Now not everybody who gets their head chopped off is innocent - I hope you know that. When it happens to an innocent child, people are outraged and it's not seen as normal. There are some cultures where even beheading criminals would probably be seen as barbaric, although there are are some cultures in the Middle east that punish people by whipping them or stoning women to death.

...lol^ So you Quoted my post just to agree with me?.....LoL @Not everybody who gets their head chopped off is innocent...

What crimes commited deserves Head chopping?!?!? grin grin Lmfaoooo

PhysicsQED: Some cultures practiced that in the past, and some cultures did the exact opposite - albinos were treated normally. For example, in the Yoruba culture (I have read about this, I remember the specific quote), in the past, albinos were treated normally.

"Some cultures practiced that in the past"....~~~So you quoted my post just to agree with me?..lol

PhysicsQED: That is really from traditional culture to you? Is AIDS even part of traditional African cultures? This is just dumb and uneducated illiterates thinking they can cure diseases using terrible means.

It falls under the definition of Culture with the way it is being done in places like the congo,uganda,kenya,SA

Once again..you quoted my quote just to agree with me LoL...i Agree it is very "dumb and uneducated" on the part of those people doing it wink

PhysicsQED: Well, this is where I would disagree. I had an argument with another poster (Sagamite) a while back about how there was in fact pre-colonial homosexuality in a few cultures in Africa that was seen as normal, but he was never able to show me instances of gays being killed for being gay in Africa in precolonial times:

https://www.nairaland.com/593966/uganda-gay-rights-activist-david/33#7656872

https://www.nairaland.com/593966/uganda-gay-rights-activist-david/36#7675227

Apart from Muslims - which are all over the world, not just in Africa - I would actually attribute the hatred of gays to the point of killing them to the influence of Christianity in Africa. In fact, violence against gays happens all the time in the Western world, which surprise surprise, is mostly Christian.

Killing gays is not exclusive to Africa and I would view the trend of killing them as something more recent.

Lmfao@blaming islam, christianity.........

"I would View The Trend of killing Them as Something More Recent"~~~Physics....~~..*Dies*...Lmfaoooo

PhysicsQED: Once again, I'm glad you had the sense to use the word "some". It happens in Eritrea, Ethiopia, and multiple other places in Africa, just as it happens in India, but it is not universal. The belief is that it reduces promiscuity and the act is indeed wrong and the belief is ignorant, but it is not universal or exclusive to Africans.

So you quoted me just to agree again..."the act is indeed wrong and the belief is ignorant"...i Agree...LmL

PhysicsQED: Well I'm not sure the OP "blamed" rap music itself.

And I didn't blame anyone, I said where certain behaviors/phenomena were more likely to arise. I could equally argue that certain other behaviors (bad or good) would be more likely to arise in non-westernized areas. It wouldn't amount to "blaming" those non-westernized areas if I were to do so.

If there is no blaming of western influence involved in this thread....then the arguments that have taken place in this thread would not have happened.

I think this is conceding defeat TO my point which is... "there is no negative influence by the west that was not already present in africa"

..Exactly...I believe class is over Sir..and Professor Royal has schooled you?....

If you agree...with the Teacher, then the Teacher has nothing Left to Teach.

~ cool ~
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
Lmfao@nobody in the thread besides you and Myself and Pleep can't help but alt account like comments

Lol this short Ugly guy hates my soul.... grin

I have yet to even see another name enter the thread...LoL

Pleep it's ova fam ya boy wrote his concession speech...let it go...

Africa taking a L on this one....Lmfao

Now go alt account Like all of his comments that constantly agree with me grin grin grin grin

{{{{~Royal~}}}}
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Well, we don't really agree where it actually matters, hence our totally different views.

On getting one's head chopped off, if someone murders a child, I have no problem with that person being beheaded.

1 Like

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Royal-VII:
Lmfao@nobody in the thread besides you and Myself and Pleep can't help but alt account like comments

Lol this short Ugly guy hates my soul.... grin

I have yet to even see another name enter the thread...LoL

Pleep it's ova fam ya boy wrote his concession speech...let it go...

Africa taking a L on this one....Lmfao

Now go alt account Like all of his comments that constantly agree with me grin grin grin grin

{{{{~Royal~}}}}

Well I've seen one other name on the thread today (Rgp92) and multiple other names yesterday. I'm not sure pleep is even on nairaland or on this section right now.

2 Likes

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
PhysicsQED: Well, we don't really agree where it actually matters, hence our totally different views.

On getting one's head chopped off, if someone murders a child, I have no problem with that person being beheaded.

Aye man, I don't believe anyone can commit a crime evil enough to deserve a beheading...

I guess it's our "cultural" differences and upbringing which leads us to differ on such a horrific act of irrational Lunacy...LmL
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
I don't even support the death penalty...but if i did, i believe there are allot more "civilized" ways to end a murder's life...

Yanno?....

....cuttin off heads....Is Uhhh Pretty Savage.
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
Royal-VII:

Aye man, I don't believe anyone can commit a crime evil enough to deserve a beheading...

I guess it's our "cultural" differences and upbringing which leads us to differ on such a horrific act of irrational Lunacy...LmL

Yeah, well with a strong guillotine, beheading can be almost as swift as death by injection. I don't see what difference it makes. In both cases there is still an executioner.

Or are you against capital punishment all together?

2 Likes

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Yeah, well with a strong guillotine, beheading can be almost as swift as death by injection. I don't see what difference it makes. In both cases there is still an executioner.

Or are you against capital punishment all together?

Royal-VII:
I don't even support the death penalty....

Im against capital punishment.
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
Royal-VII:
I don't even support the death penalty...but if i did, i believe there are allot more "civilized" ways to end a murder's life...

Yanno?....

....cuttin off heads....Is Uhhh Pretty Savage.

If a murderer kills innocent people in the most gruesome and savage way imaginable, I wouldn't care if the murderer was beheaded.

Of course, there are other ways to execute that person which may be preferable.

2 Likes

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
PhysicsQED:

If a murderer kills innocent people in the most gruesome and savage way imaginable, I wouldn't care if the murderer was beheaded.

Of course, there are other ways to execute that person which may be preferable.

But then your mentality would be no different than the ruthless murderer's
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
It would seem lethal injection is more ...Uhhh.."Humane"...seeing as how one drug shuts off the mind, while the other stops the heart...

Maybe if you are beheaded your mind continues to go untill your brain bleeds out...who knows lol

imagine being a rolling skull head with an active mind that has yet to be finally shut off ?

...Regardless....Capital Punishment is Wicked...Too many crimes are corrupt and have no visual evidence or witnesses

"Dna" which can have so many storylines behind it should not lead to capital punishment.
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
Royal-VII:

But then your mentality would be no different than the ruthless murderer's

I don't think so. Vengeance can be ugly, but it's not exactly crazy or unjust.

2 Likes

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Blyss: 1:07am On Jul 29, 2012
Royal killed this ish. Physics, take a seat.
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:16am On Jul 29, 2012
Blyss: Royal killed this ish. Physics, take a seat.

Why are you making this about me vs. him? If you think he "killed it", fine. I don't have any issues with him. But claiming that killings of gays is inherent to African cultures with no evidence (and even with evidence of some original toleration of gays provided) and something that makes all African cultures "more ghetto" than all the rest of the world even while gays are killed all the time in the West for no reason or claiming that civil wars are inherent to African cultures, or ignoring the role of America's "gun culture" in certain crimes and instead designating those crimes as "random" is ridiculous and an extremely skewed viewpoint. There wasn't much reason to try to drag this discussion out after that. I don't care who you guys think "won" or who decides to give my or Royal's comments 8 or 9 "likes" through alternate accounts. The debate was pointless because I can't re-explain my perspective more than I already have and our perspectives will never align, period.

1 Like

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Blyss: 1:32am On Jul 29, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Why are you making this about me vs. him? If you think he "killed it", fine. I don't have any issues with him. But claiming that killings of gays is inherent to African cultures with no evidence (and even with evidence of some original toleration of gays provided) and something that makes all African cultures "more ghetto" than all the rest of the world even while gays are killed all the time in the West for no reason or claiming that civil wars are inherent to African cultures, or ignoring the role of America's "gun culture" in certain crimes and instead designating those crimes as "random" is ridiculous and an extremely skewed viewpoint. There wasn't much reason to try to drag this discussion out after that. I don't care who you guys think "won" or who decides to give my or Royal's comments 8 or 9 "likes" through alternate accounts. The debate was pointless because I can't re-explain my perspective more than I already have and our perspectives will never align, period.

The fact of the matter is this, many African cultures are not only ghetto or Shanty if you prefer, cheesy but they are are also corrupt, and it is for this reason that the nation in which were produced and are run by these cultures/people DON'T WORK. That's simple fact.
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:39am On Jul 29, 2012
Blyss:

The fact of the matter is this, many African cultures are not only ghetto or Shanty if you prefer, cheesy but they are are also corrupt, and it is for this reason that the nation in which were produced and are run by these cultures/people DON'T WORK. That's simple fact.

Dude, Italy is corrupt as hell and has been for a long time (since the Borgias and the de Medicis up to the present), but they're "ballin" and their recent troubles are some of the only really great troubles they've had since becoming a nation. Chinese corruption is also very significant and widespread and yet they're working and soon to be "ballin" and really rich(er) as a nation. I'm not going to debate on the so called "ghettoness" of killing gays and deliberately drowning babies that (non-African) Westerners can't seem to stop doing vs. the so called "ghettoness" of certain African cultures. It's pointless because we're both biased.

1 Like

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by pleep(m): 6:52am On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 10, 2012
ahahahah so if i understand all the comments royal is trying to tell us how our culture......please ....

1 Like

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 10, 2012
PhysicsQED:

pysics u r one intelligent person ...keep the good job...those guys are lost....Africans killing each other .......lmao at least we kill for noble cause ....can someone tell me why the crips and the bloods are killing each other ...ohhh hummm isn't it for crack?

2 Likes

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by TerryCarr(m): 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
grin

1 Like

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Ybutterfly: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^[size=40pt]PHYSICS WON[/size]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2012
THIS IS NOT IN AFRICA OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: THIS IS NOT IN AFRICA OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

This is not in Africa Word?,Ayo Cameroon I just made a thread for you fool, you about to get slayed properly...

https://www.nairaland.com/1015972/african-culture-just-ghetto-nasty

I can't believe you even went there, too many Uncle Tom Americans on this Site Lettin too much garbage slide...time to put you primitives in ya place

Meet me in the thread....

You can post all the pics of "ghetto" you want...I promise you Africa has "more"... wink

Lmfaooooo mwuaahahahahahahah
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by pleep(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2012
Basically spending pages trying to argue against this topic.. then posting one video that proves it right.

I dey tire for nairaland.
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by TerryCarr(m): 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: THIS IS NOT IN AFRICA OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
grin
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
pleep: Basically spending pages trying to argue against this topic.. then posting one video that proves it right.

I dey tire for nairaland.

So Hip Hop is the Cause of Those Nasty Senegalese Muslim Women dancing Like strippers right? Lmfaooo grin grin

Flashin ha Vajaja During a Traditional Sabar Dance...lol

I guess that's Tupac Fault we got nasty Africa chicks showing their private parts during a Senegalese traditional dance. LmL

Get real, Africans need to stop lying to yourselves

Africa has the most Ghetto Disgusting Cultures in the World...

Come to my thread and get slayed if you want..

I see you entered but ain't say shid.

You know what time it is cool
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
How about the ghetto Nasty Lagos Prosituutes i posted in this thread?..

Wait i know..."Hip Hop"..right?

Get real....Lmfao
Re: Is African Culture Becoming Ghetto Culture? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
Now the coward wants to send me private messages instead of coming to the thread to get Maimed.

Yeah i figured as much, stick to associating with these Americans who allow you to refer to them as "Akata" without writing a diss back

Cameroon is Coward, You shook son?...

Them Jersey Boys must be puttin them Hands on Him, Now he hate America LmL...

https://www.nairaland.com/1003036/meet-up-hudson-county
^^^
Just last month he was looking for friends grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Countries Of The World Ranked By Linguistic Diversity (nigeria @ #5) / Nigerian Men Vs Black-American Men! / Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.