Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27122 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by x2lambo(m): 12:32am On Feb 24, 2011
NIGERIA IS NOT ONE , AND WE CANT AGREE TO EACH OTHER I CANT WAIT TILL THE DAY EVERYONE WILL GO THERE SEPARATE WAYS , THIS IS TOO MUCH , WE ARE NOT ONE
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Sannmmy: 12:38am On Feb 24, 2011
x2lambo:

NIGERIA IS NOT ONE , AND WE CANT AGREE TO EACH OTHER I CANT WAIT TILL THE DAY EVERYONE WILL GO THERE SEPARATE WAYS , THIS IS TOO MUCH , WE ARE NOT ONE

My guy Jombo, so how do you intend nigeria should be divided? because whichever way, you will still have different tribes working together, the south south will split into 2, whether you like it or not, Yoruba and Igbo will have to carry people with them that are other tribes, Jos and Kaduna will not want to go with the north,
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by x2lambo(m): 12:39am On Feb 24, 2011
can someone tell me how many igbo boi can speak good english , abi english na there papa , i wonder wetin people where get the language go do
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Sannmmy: 12:43am On Feb 24, 2011
you going out of context, calm down, you are yoruba and i'm also yoruba, you said you cant wait till the day everybody go there separate ways, so tell me how you want to divide the country in a way that will satisfy everybody, because if you cant satisfy at least 2/3 of nigeria which is the southern part, you cant divide the country,
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by pkv(m): 12:53am On Feb 24, 2011
na wa o!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by x2lambo(m): 12:57am On Feb 24, 2011
tell a chinese man to speak english
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 1:15am On Feb 24, 2011
Sannmmy:

you going out of context, calm down, you are yoruba and i'm also yoruba, you said you cant wait till the day everybody go there separate ways, so tell me how you want to divide the country in a way that will satisfy everybody, because if you cant satisfy at least 2/3 of nigeria which is the southern part, you cant divide the country,
abi oohh, sannmmy i must commend you. you actually speak like a true nigeria. I can bet you have lived in all parts of the country and understand exactly what Nigeria is. You think just like me man. I have lived in the north east and west, i have met people from diverse cultures. Amongst the three tribes in Nigeria, the yorubas are by far the most tribalistic, the ibos the least, though the ones here are just plain stupid. I think we just have to put this tribalism thing away for good. Do you know we have different cultures in the UK, never will you see this kind of verbal war, why are we this way. some people just sit and talk rubbish about dividing Nigeria without even thinking a step further how? will the Kanuris live with the hausas, will a person from tafawa balewa in bauchi join the fulanis, where will the gwaris, beron and kacha( kaduna state) people go, north or south? what about the south, the south south, Warri alone will give problems, Ikewerre says they are not ibos yet they speak ibo, where will the Benin people go, with the yorubas, wouldn't think so, They (benin) being more superior to the yorubas wont want to be minority, so i am still waiting for the sharing formula

As for Uche Jumbo, I think she was just immature to make that statement in public, I wouldn't doubt the fact that the less popular yoruba actress will be jealous, its only normal to be , but what stops her from being a role model to them, why cant she encourage them.

I personally dont watch yoruba movies, trust me if you are outside lagos you wont give a f@@@k about them, but i heard they have good stories, why cant this directors make them in english at least some. i think this will help improve the ratings of nollywood abroad. Most of us say the story line in nollywood dont make sense, my brothers if you go to east african, you will be shocked, In the Caribbeans i heard aki and paw paw are stars, here in the UK, its on SKY. ON CNN, when they talk about Nigerian movies i dont mention yoruba movies, OMOTOLA can not dare cast in a yoruba films, the ay it happens i will laugh my arse out, i am starting to digress, The point is, yoruba films directors should direct in English so we have a stronger nollywood
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 1:22am On Feb 24, 2011
gohome:

abi oohh, sannmmy i must commend you. you actually speak like a true nigeria. I can bet you have lived in all parts of the country and understand exactly what Nigeria is. You think just like me man. I have lived in the north east and west, i have met people from diverse cultures. Amongst the three tribes in Nigeria, the yorubas are by far the most tribalistic, the ibos the least, though the ones here are just plain silly. I think we just have to put this tribalism thing away for good. Do you know we have different cultures in the UK, never will you see this kind of verbal war, why are we this way. some people just sit and talk rubbish about dividing Nigeria without even thinking a step further how? will the Kanuris live with the hausas, will a person from tafawa balewa in bauchi join the fulanis, where will the gwaris, beron and kacha( kaduna state) people go, north or south? what about the south, the south south, Warri alone will give problems, Ikewerre says they are not ibos yet they speak ibo, where will the Benin people go, with the yorubas, wouldn't think so, They (benin) being more superior to the yorubas, that what they think wont want to be minority, so i am still waiting for the sharing formula

As for Uche Jumbo, I think she was just immature to make that statement in public, I wouldn't doubt the fact that the less popular yoruba actress will be jealous, its only normal to be , but what stops her from being a role model to them, why cant she encourage them.

I personally dont watch yoruba movies, trust me if you are outside lagos you wont give a f@@@k about them, but i heard they have good stories, why cant this directors make them in english at least some. i think this will help improve the ratings of nollywood abroad. Most of us say the story line in nollywood dont make sense, my brothers if you go to east african, you will be shocked, In the Caribbeans i heard aki and paw paw are stars, here in the UK, its on SKY. ON CNN, when they talk about Nigerian movies i dont mention yoruba movies, OMOTOLA can not dare cast in a yoruba films, the day it happens i will laugh my arse out, i am starting to digress, The point is, yoruba films directors should direct in English so we have a stronger nollywood

my bad there
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:54am On Feb 24, 2011
Sannmmy:

, SPEAK ENGLISH WHEN YOU ARE AROUND PEOPLE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND YORUBA, MAKE YOUR MOVIES IN ENGLISH, YOU ALL UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, STOP MESSING UP!!!!!

You're as much of a Yoruba dude as Obama

Bloody fraud
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 2:18am On Feb 24, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

You're as much of a Yoruba dude as Obama

Bloody fraud

And who are you?

You must be one of those tribalist from the other sections I hear about.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by okooyinbo(m): 3:19am On Feb 24, 2011
@gohome and Sannmy

How do I start? Well, I will begin like this. Your childish arguements are a show of disgrace. In what ways are the Yoruba more tribalistic than the rest of Nigerians?

It is very idiotic to say the Yoruba actors should be acting in English. It is really very disrespectful. If you dont watch them, no one begs you to. Or has anyone of them complained to you?

And mr. enlightened Sannmy, I am afraid I have to disappoint you. You are not an inch enlightened. Not at all! Those arguements you put forward betray many things about you but enlightenment is not among them.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ragdollz: 3:35am On Feb 24, 2011
From what I'm seeing, Nollywood actors are getting jealous of Yoruba actors bc their Yoruba films are picking up. Bring the best Yoruba flicks against the best of Nollywood, you'll see there's serious competition.

As for me I love Yoruba movies and they have the BEST actors Nigeria has to offer (quote me!). I've seen a lot and the acting, story line and filming are superb!!
Their movies are hot that's why many Nollywood actors are crossing over (some are even non-Yoruba, but speak it well). The day Omotola acts in Yoruba movies, her career will sky-rocket, but she prefers her lame diva title in Nollywood which will soon explode faster than her potruding belly grin.

Check out The Return of Jenifa, I was at the shooting for a few days and you need to see the mega stars of Nigeria's music and showbiz all happy to be a part of it. Nuff respect abeg to the young talented Yoruba film industry jare. Nollywood is mostly jst recycled scripts nways!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 3:58am On Feb 24, 2011
^^^

That will never happen. People will still be saying Igwe all around the world.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

That will never happen. People will still be saying Igwe all around the world.

But infact ppl are saying "o se" all around. Was watching a Congo music video that had Yoruba in it, Ghanaian video that had Yoruba in it and multiple more of that. Now why is that? grin
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 24, 2011
ragdollz:

From what I'm seeing, Nollywood actors are getting jealous of Yoruba actors bc their Yoruba films are picking up. Bring the best Yoruba flicks against the best of Nollywood, you'll see there's serious competition.

As for me I love Yoruba movies and they have the BEST actors Nigeria has to offer (quote me!). I've seen a lot and the acting, story line and filming are superb!! 
Their movies are hot that's why many Nollywood actors are crossing over (some are even non-Yoruba, but speak it well). The day Omotola acts in Yoruba movies, her career will sky-rocket, but she prefers her lame diva title in Nollywood which will soon explode faster than her potruding belly grin.

Check out The Return of Jenifa, I was at the shooting for a few days and you need to see the mega stars of Nigeria's music and showbiz all happy to be a part of it. Nuff respect abeg to the young talented Yoruba film industry jare. Nollywood is mostly jst recycled scripts nways!!

o se, ma dear.

If Yoruba producers are plenty and add more seriousness in their films. . . na who go care about English nollywood? Same boring azz "He loves me, he cheated on me" scenes sad

Now peeps know that they world loves magic and voodoo. Ask a Haitian and  a Jamaican about Yoruba voodoo grin
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Olaisrich(m): 4:31am On Feb 24, 2011
this forum suppose to unite us not to divide us. i begin to believe somebody's post in the politics section that the plot is to make this forum active than ever,since tribal issue generate a lot of response,if not, i don't see the reason why this post should be in the front page.Tribalism is real! but why not build on our strenght instead of our weaknesses.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by igboboy1(m): 4:57am On Feb 24, 2011
ragdollz:

Now I am going to remove my tribal cape (ask Ileke she knows I am a tribalist but let me be objective on this one). The bolded Never will happen, sorry, Only people who reside in Lagos or are from the SW will watch yoruba movies hence less money and chance of fame for the actors/actresses, It is common sense, English speaking movies will still be popular in Lagos due to the large non yoruba understanding residents plus in the SS, SE, and outside of Nigeria.

International acceptability is key to fame and fortune nowadays, Look at p-sqr, they are not ranked high in demand in nigeria but go to Africa dey make more money on african tours than they can make in Nigeria, Lets keep it real OMOTOLA is a bigger star due to her english role than she will be in an exlcusive yoruba speaking role, its just common sense no tribalism here
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by seye4nii(f): 5:05am On Feb 24, 2011
HOW DO U EXPECT SOMEBODY FROM KISI, OGBOMOSHO, ILORIN, IGBORA, ETC TO SPEEK ENGLISH OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.
MY FRIEND FROM OGBOMOSHO CANNOT STOP AMUSING ME WITH HER SEXY ENGLISH
HEAR HER
"MATHS LECTURER TOLD ME TO TOLD U THAT, "
"I HAVE CAME TO SEE , "
"HE TOLDED ME THAT, "
IF SHE WANTS TO PRONOUNCE SQUARE ROOT, SHE WOULD SAY, "SKIA ROOT".

THOSE IN YORUBA MOVIE INDUSTRY ARE NOT THERE JUST BECAUSE THEY ENJOY IT.
THE FACT REMAIN THAT MAJORITY OF THEM CANNOT SPEEK CORRECT ENGLISH, HENCE THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THEM ENGLISH VERSION OF NOLLYWOOD @ nmaigbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_E3gIJXbeA&NR=1
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 5:08am On Feb 24, 2011
CHAI![/b] Nigeria cannot get better if we continue like this. Tribalism has eaten into the core of our society. We all hate one another.

TRIBALISM IS WORSE THAN CANCER. LET US FIGHT IT TOGETHER![b]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by pleep(m): 5:12am On Feb 24, 2011
the racist/ sectartian/ triabalist forum should be deleted!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by seye4nii(f): 5:12am On Feb 24, 2011
@ NMAIGBOPosted by: seye4nii  
Insert Quote
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      HOW DO U EXPECT SOMEBODY FROM KISI, OGBOMOSHO, ILORIN, IGBORA, ETC TO SPEEK ENGLISH OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.
MY FRIEND FROM OGBOMOSHO CANNOT STOP AMUSING ME WITH HER SEXY ENGLISH
HEAR HER
"MATHS LECTURER TOLD ME TO TOLD U THAT, "
"I HAVE CAME TO SEE , "
"HE TOLDED ME THAT, "
IF SHE WANTS TO PRONOUNCE SQUARE ROOT, SHE WOULD SAY, "SKIA ROOT".

THOSE IN YORUBA MOVIE INDUSTRY ARE NOT THERE JUST BECAUSE THEY  ENJOY IT.
THE FACT REMAIN THAT MAJORITY OF THEM CANNOT SPEEK CORRECT ENGLISH, HENCE THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THEM ENGLISH VERSION OF NOLLYWOOD    @  nmaigbo  IS SHE YORUBA OR IGBO,,,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_E3gIJXbeA&NR=1
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 5:14am On Feb 24, 2011
I love Tribalism more than Se-x!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by igboboy1(m): 5:18am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

I love Tribalism more than Se-x!

if your "John thomas" dey work u for talk so? Obele Amu  grin
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by bgees(m): 5:22am On Feb 24, 2011
Nairaland tribal wars = comedy.
grin grin
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 5:44am On Feb 24, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

But infact ppl are saying "o se" all around. Was watching a Congo music video that had Yoruba in it, Ghanaian video that had Yoruba in it and multiple more of that. Now why is that? grin

Wrong. People singing Igwe or Chineke me from Senegal all the way down to Namibia. And let us not discuss Ghanaian music, because they loves Igbo. Look at the song with Flavour and V.I.P. And Duncan Mighty spent a lot of time in Ghana. They love the Igbo boys and we love them too.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 5:58am On Feb 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

Wrong. People singing Igwe or Chineke me from Senegal all the way down to Namibia. And let us not discuss Ghanaian music, because they loves Igbo. Look at the song with Flavour and V.I.P. And Duncan Mighty spent a lot of time in Ghana. They love the Igbo boys and we love them too.

Shut up ur mouth.

You are not better than anybody else. Yorunba are not better, Igbos are not better, neither are Hausas better.

Grow up. You are part of the future of tomoro.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 5:59am On Feb 24, 2011
Felibaby:

Shut up your mouth.

You are not better than anybody else. Yorunba are not better, Igbos are not better, neither are Hausas better.

Grow up. You are part of the future of tomoro.

Tribalsim is the future of Nigeria. Dont get it twisted
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 6:04am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

Tribalsim is the future of Nigeria. Dont get it twisted

You are deranged. shocked

Naughty boy.

Do not join the crowd to do evil.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by daytona500(m): 6:14am On Feb 24, 2011
Why can't we all get along??
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 6:16am On Feb 24, 2011
Felibaby:

You are deranged. shocked

Naughty boy.

Do not join the crowd to do evil.

So you want me to eccentric and vulnerable?

Good people dont last, only vicious Tribalists do.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 6:26am On Feb 24, 2011
fstranger3:

So you want me to eccentric and vulnerable?

Good people dont last, only vicious Tribalists do.

I try not to be tribalistic and i am not eccentric and vulnerable.

So my dear friend, u can do it too. Love is the word. wink
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 6:32am On Feb 24, 2011
Felibaby:

I try not to be tribalistic and i am not eccentric and vulnerable.

So my dear friend, u can do it too. Love is the word. wink

The word is a very hateful place, as you yourself could see form the actions and mannerisms of hateful people like Ezeuche and Igboboy. I believe in meeting fire with fire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson: Ladies Lie About Their Age, I Don’t Understand Why / Davido Gifts His Cousin Tunji Adeleke Over N5m Cash On His Birthday (video) / Fathia Williams Celebrates Her 49th Birthday With New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.