Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27127 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by PurestBoy(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
[size=16pt]WHY THIS ARGUMENT?? LET ALL THESE Yoruba Yoruba Yoruba LIKE SIKIRATU SIDODO & CO DO A FIL IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LETS SEE IF THEY WILL MATCH UP WITH THE IGBOS IN FLUENCY AND ORIGINALITY, SHIOR[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2011
So long as I am concerned, the reverse is the case. This is because, I for one, do not watch their movies, since I don’t understand the language. The few I recognize, I great them when I see them. But when most of them (Yoruba actors) see us (English Speaking actors) they always put up this attitude that says we must be the first to greet them. And so long as I am concerned, they do not respect us at all.”

This girl is an illiterate

First off Yoruba movies have been subtitled for over 25 years now. Why else is Jenifa popular amongst even non-Yorubas? You dont need to understand Yoruba to watch the movies.

Secondly this twit obviously thinks Igbo culture and Yoruba culture are the same. Your elder dont go over to greet you. You go and greet them. Trying to turn this into a Yoruba actors vs Igbo or English speaking actors thing is bloody idiotic on her part

she's barely a good actress to make matters worse. She was the worst part of Reloaded.

Monkey with no training or commonsense.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by PurestBoy(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
[size=16pt]YOU PEOPLE SHOULD GO AND WATCH THIS FILM " MISSION TO NOWHERE, EXPLOSION & WAR FRONT" AND SEE IF Yoruba ACTORS OR DIRECTORS CAN PRODUCE SUCH A STORY LINE.

THE FAULT WITH Yoruba MOVIE IS THAT ALL THESE AMATEUR ACTORS/ACTRESS WHO ARE NOT EVEN MATURED ENOUGH TO PLAY ARE ROLE ALL WANT TO PRODUCE FILMS AND DIRECT AND THEREFORE PRODUCE ONE MEANINGLESS FILM WITH 20 MINUTES REAL STORY AND THE REST ADVERTS,

[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
You are absolutely right.

What about Diamond Ring? Magun? Saworoide?

We rock!

Exactly.

Saworoide especially showcases a big part of our culture not the BS wannabe American movies they make now. they dont even use Naija names anymore. I recently watched one where the actor/actresses were named Mercedes and Tyrone

abeg is ANYONE on this site named those names

Just a question o.

selfhatred to the extreme
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by PurestBoy(m): 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

This girl is an illiterate

First off Yoruba movies have been subtitled for over 25 years now. Why else is Jenifa popular amongst even non-Yorubas? You dont need to understand Yoruba to watch the movies.

Secondly this twit obviously thinks Igbo culture and Yoruba culture are the same. Your elder dont go over to greet you. You go and greet them. Trying to turn this into a Yoruba actors vs Igbo or English speaking actors thing is bloody idiotic on her part

she's barely a good actress to make matters worse. She was the worst part of Reloaded.

Monkey with no training or commonsense.

[size=16pt]WOMAN PLS GO AND SIT SOMEWHERE because YOU NO NOTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, I BELIEVE I WATCH Yoruba FILMS MORE THAN ANYBODY HERE AND WHAT YOU CALL SUBTITLES ARE FULL OF TYPOGRAPHIC ERRORS IN EACH TRANSLATIONS. YOU CAN'T ENCOURAGE YOUR KIDS TO READ SUCH BESIDES SOME ACTORS ESPECIALLY BABA SUPE AND FUNKE AKINDELE IRRITATE ONE WHEN THEY TRY TO ACT FUNNY BY SPEAKING ENGLISH IN A WRONG WAY. FUCCK IT[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
Someone must think this is 2007/2008 when I used to deal with your type. These days your type dont phase me. Infact why not increase the font, Im sure a fellow titmouse will reply your garbage.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Afam4eva(m): 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
Seun must really be happy. When he saw that this tribalistic thread was not being patronized he had to take it to the home page. Now his prayer has been answered. The Nairaland tribal bigots e.g fstanger, bluetooth etc can now do what they are known for. Good Luck.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
@tyson55

YOUR A BIG WHOA
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by tope2011(f): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2011
i cant believe that u all are stupid.i mean all of u that have contributed so far
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
dancenony:

BLUETHOOT , incase u have memory seizure, let me remind youthat when Pete Edochie was acting, olu jecobs was still coming up as an actor so i dnt see why pete will care abt someone who had come to eat from his leftovers ,
Ae you serious ? Edochie faded out when olu jacobs came on board and he resorted to cheap smear campaign against him. Who pass you don pass you,olu jacobs don pass edochie.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
This "TRIBALISM" is the basis of the problems we face in NIGERIA
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by roymary: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2011
Pot calling Kettle, black. Both sucks!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^ @ FreshestGoat, What the HEll is Yoruba??
I dont think I know what that means, And it only showas how Local and Close headed u are, because If u arent, and were enlightened enough, U would know we are called [B]YORUBA!![/B] And not some thrash name,
When did u leave your fragmented Eastern Rain forest hamlet Just asking.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2011
tyson55:

Why am i on this thread?  I don't watch Naija movie  On the side note; Fstranger3 and Ezeuche  are the most bigoted Nls, even though both of them are my brothers.

Shut up. Did I start this tribal mudslinging? The answer is NO. I had to defend my people that were under assault. That is something you wouldn't know, because of your mixed blood. You will have to choose soon though.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by bkbabe97y(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
jennykandry:

You talked about the ego thing or the lack of respect that exists between Yoruba speaking and English speaking acts. So long as I am concerned, the reverse is the case. This is because, I for one, do not watch their movies, since I don’t understand the language. The few I recognize, I great them when I see them. But when most of them (Yoruba actors) see us (English Speaking actors) they always put up this attitude that says we must be the first to greet them. And so long as I am concerned, they do not respect us at all.”

Inferiority complex! Usually synonymous amongst Ibos worldwide and new Nigerian immigrants to the United States.

Did she think for once that maybe the Yourba artists wasnt tryn to talk to her cus they couldnt communicate in english?

Dumb fuxcck!!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
Nollywood movies this, Nollywood movies that!!!
Hmmmn
I think the real question you Ibo peeps should be asking yourselves is: Do these so called ''Nollywood'' movies promote the Ibo culture and language, even though they might be Dominated by Ibo people?/,
Answer: [B]BIG NO[/B]

U complain that Yoruba movies are this and that, well at least they are a culturally proud people, who produce their movies in their Native language, with English subtitles ,for Non-Yoruba who want to Enjoy our Culture,
Someone up there was complaoining that Obasanjo spoke Yoruba at the UN meetings, So what is so bad about that, Isnt Yoruba a Language? Why are u Ibos sooo ashamed of your mother tongue, sad ?
No wonder The Igbo language was classified as [B]ENDANGERED[/B] By UNESCO, Pity pity
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
The TRIBALIST are coming out in force today.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^ Yeah yeah, we are cool cool
See who is talking!!! , Say something reasonable, If not, Gerrout!!!!!! undecided
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by TewMuch: 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Uche the jombo jombo. Which kain Igbo name be Jombo sef. Nibo lon Jombo lo.
Why would you expect other actor's to greet you? Of what significance are you? And who are you? Abi na the Jombo Jumbo full of mumbo Jumbo name dey deceive am. The girl is full of thrash. Yoruba movies are way better than English movies. i cannot stand the fake English accents from people that sound like they should be selling something. English Nigerian movies = Igbo Movies and that is a fact. That is why Pete Edochie had the nerve to complain about Olu Jacobs. Yoruba movies have thier audience and are doing very very well, they dont need to even acknowledge these 5kobo weekly movie jombo actresses, that do part time ashawo.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 9:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
[size=20pt]@EZEUCHE[/size]

[size=20pt]DO NOT MIND THOSE PEOPLE WE ALL KNOW YORUBA PEOPLE AND THEIR WAY OF LIFE. THEY ARE SNITCH, COWARD, GIRLS DIRTY AND SMELLY, GOSSIP TOO MUCH AND ALWAYS FEELING STUPID THINKING ITS SMARTNESS[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by 4somm: 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
oh did Obasanjo speak Yoruba at Int'l gathering? Did not hear that, but if there was no interpreter, then that was a wrong thing to do regardless of how much you promote your culture.  
Talking about Nollywoods and cultural patriotism, you can agree that the movies are view worldwide. If made in tavie language, the current viewers will be less than 1/10 than what is is now. Culture is more than language. there is belief system, food, dressing, and general life style. How do you show or 'promote' those other cutural values speaking your own language.

yoruba movies are for yorubas, ibo movies are for ibos, but when made in english, it becomes general, period.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 23, 2011
I am ibo married to a half yoruba,half Liberian man and i live in Monrovia

lady, which kind mixture be this?

e only remain make your pikin or family member marry congolese ooooooo

lol

just kidding o.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ikeyman00(m): 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2011
@@@@@@@

if ikeyman has to speak and u can say whatever u want and emm yea

this is my experince in dealings with the oduduwanians

uchennaq

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us.
« #30 on: Today at 02:29:59 PM »  

what she said is true, if its not ok by you, then get lost. I have worked with the yorubas in an Organization before, mayflower school [size=28pt]to be precise, always feeling smart and always being the first to Gossip and condemn you. I hate how some of them behave, always snitching[/size] and trying to go on top just because we are being paid 30000 naira, what will happen if your paid 50k. I really thank God for my life the time I left that school. Those Idiots are snitching for 30k while am saying 110k is not enough for me in Granplast. BULLSHIT

dnt think anybody can argue against that cool
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2011
[QUOTE] Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Uche the jombo jombo. Which kain Igbo name be Jombo sef. Nobo lon Jombo lo.
Why would you expect other actor's to greet you? Of what significance are you? And who are you? Abi na the Jombo Jumbo full of mumbo Jumbo name dey deceive am. The girl is full of thrash. Yoruba movies are way better than English movies. i cannot stand the fake English accents from people that sound like they should be selling something. English Nigerian movies = Igbo Movies and that is a fact. That is why Pete Edochie had the nerve to complain about Olu Jacobs. Yoruba movies have thier audience and are doing very very well, they dont need to even acknowledge these 5kobo weekly movie jombo actresses, that do part time ashawo.
[/QUOTE]
YUP MAN!!!
IGBOTIC JOMBO NGBEKE!!!!,
Thrashy poo!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
[QUOTE]oh did Obasanjo speak Yoruba at Int'l gathering? Did not hear that, but if there was no interpreter, then that was a wrong thing to do regardless of how much you promote your culture. 
Talking about Nollywoods and cultural patriotism, you can agree that the movies are view worldwide. If made in tavie language, the current viewers will be less than 1/10 than what is is now. Culture is more than language. there is belief system, food, dressing, and general life style. How do you show or 'promote' those other cutural values speaking your own language.
yoruba movies are for yorubas, ibo movies are for ibos, but when made in english, it becomes general, period.[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah, I Knew replies like this would await me,
Your answer would be:
No need to conceal up anything to make yourself happy,   LMAO, It is very evident that Ibo people are ashamed of their Language and CULTURE!!    If not, why would a languuage with over 18 Million speakers, be classified as endangered, And No, there are No Ibo movies in Ibo Language, I would like to know what that sounds like, {Mind you, The Igbo language sounds like ,   sad}
Anyway, I have no time for Nasty aguement ,
Yes Yoruba movies are very cultural, while being sub-titled at the same time.  Some of these movies have promoted our culture to a great Extent.
Saworo Ide , Agogo Eewo, The Figurine Araromire, Magun, Sango, Arugba, I cant even stop listing,
Now there are African Magic channels dedicated to Yoruba and Hausa movies,, Where is the Ibo one    Do people outside Nigeria View Nollywood as an Ibo Industry, Or as a Nigerian one.? [B]NO[/B].
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by dancenony: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2011
BLUETHOOTH, if not for fun of it, there is no need for this argument. anyone that compares sleeping and death is a fool, u cant compare pete and Olu Jecob when it comes to Nigerian film industry, and come to think of it, when you talk of Nollywood, u talk of igbo cultures and heritage , and its through these films that the rest of the world see NIGERIA. am sorry u guys cannot help it, stop comparing two unequal things ok??
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 9:26pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^ Ok,  We've heard u o!!
So are u trying to Imply that If those Ibo Producers made most of their movies in Ibo, The movies would loose would loose their ''Nigerianness'' , or they wouldnt be viewed as Nigerian anymore because thay are in a Native language??, Man, U really crack me up!!!
And No, those Ibo producers arent promoting Nigeria anything [How can they promote Nigeria as a Single entity, when there are Different Nigerian cultures}, they are only Busy trying to get as ,much money as they can, Irregardless of quality,
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
Can I still join the parry?

What did I miss?

Why should Yoruba actors respect them? Are they insane? mtchewwww. What will this ppl not complain about? Always complaining.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^ Of course, u can still join the party.
Mind u , I am also an Ekiti Dude.
Ekiti a gbe a ooooo!!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
scholes0:

^^ Of course, u can still join the party.
Mind u , I am also an Ekiti Dude.
Ekiti a gbe a ooooo!!!

Really?

Awesome!! Amin ashe!

*And you better not be lying!*
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
PurestBoy:

[size=16pt]WOMAN PLS GO AND SIT SOMEWHERE because YOU NO NOTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, I BELIEVE I WATCH Yoruba FILMS MORE THAN ANYBODY HERE AND WHAT YOU CALL SUBTITLES ARE FULL OF TYPOGRAPHIC ERRORS IN EACH TRANSLATIONS. YOU CAN'T ENCOURAGE YOUR KIDS TO READ SUCH BESIDES SOME ACTORS ESPECIALLY BABA SUPE AND FUNKE AKINDELE IRRITATE ONE WHEN THEY TRY TO ACT FUNNY BY SPEAKING ENGLISH IN A WRONG WAY. FUCCK IT[/size]

re- tard, you could make the font a little bigger, and pink font to match your sexuality. Gayazz bytch menstruating on a woman's post.

Anywaz, if you watch Yoruba movies more than anybody here, then that should tell you that you that there must be something worth watching if you keep watching it. Ask any Yoruba here and most Nlers, they think that your movies are crap. Give it a few more weeks b4 ppl start complaining about the trash being passed off as English movies nowadays.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Ileke, whu should  be lying about such matters,
Kilode ti maa fi maa p'aro nipa iru Nnkan beyen??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From Dr. Sid And Simi Osomo's White Wedding / You All Have To Read Bovi's Amazing Testimony About #WIZKID / Kate Henshaw With David Cameron (UK Prime Minister)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.