Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

That We May Have Sex With Them! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That We May Have Sex With Them! (39437 Views)

Pastor Joseph Ponda Caught Having Sex With Married Woman: Church Reacts / "Ghosts Have Sex With Women Who Sleep Unclad, Making Them Barren" - Witchdoctor / Can Christian Couple Have Sex After Traditional Marriage Ceremony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by africandollar: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
SegFault:

I am talking about his omnitemporality that is his ability to be in the past present and future since he is not held by the constraints of time. Na una Christians talk am o.

Yes, He is Omnipresent, at all places at all times, and all timelines at all times seeing the outcome of all our decisions. Time travel is very possible bro but can only be achieved by God. Go watch ‘Back to the Future 1, 2 & 3’ to understand this concept. I just love it when science and faith agree.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
africandollar:

Yes, He is Omnipresent, at all places at all times, and all timelines at all times seeing the outcome of all our decisions. Time travel is very possible bro but can only be achieved by God. Go watch ‘Back to the Future 1, 2 & 3’ to understand this concept. I just love it when science and faith agree.
Time travel is impossible bro. Scientists who bring out that rubbish really need to sit down and do some critical thinking, this is why I don't advise rational people to digest everything these stupid scientists dish out.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by africandollar: 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2020
SegFault:

Time travel is impossible bro. Scientists who bring out that rubbish really need to sit down and do some critical thinking, this is why I don't advise rational people to digest everything these stupid scientists dish out.

Remember that with God all things are possible, if you check the Bible you would see that Jesus already did that a number of times manifesting himself in different ways e.g. Melchizedek, he came with the angels to speak with Sarah and Abraham that they would give birth to Isaac and the fourth man in the furnace with Shadrach, Meschack and Abednego as confirmed by Nebucadnezzar himself etc. cool
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2020
africandollar:

Remember that with God all things are possible, if you check the Bible you would see that Jesus already did that a number of times manifesting himself in different ways e.g. Melchizedek, he came with the angels to speak with Sarah and Abraham that they would give birth to Isaac and the fourth man in the furnace with Shadrach, Meschack and Abednego as confirmed by Nebucadnezzar himself etc. cool
And I never remembered saying I believe most of the stuff the Bible cooked up. I am not a Christian.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by africandollar: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2020
SegFault:

And I never remembered saying I believe most of the stuff the Bible cooked up. I am not a Christian.

Doesn't matter if you're not a Christian, the Bible is there for all to read in several languages. I said 'remember' cos i thought you should have at least read parts of the Book you're trying to disprove. 'With God all things are possible' is at Matthew 19:26.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
africandollar:

Doesn't matter if you're not a Christian, the Bible is there for all to read in several languages. I said 'remember' cos i thought you should have at least read parts of the Book you're trying to disprove. 'With God all things are possible' is at Matthew 19:26.
And God's existence is disputable. You are trying to base your argument on an absolute truth, besides how the fck would you be arguing your God's existence with your Holy book sounds kind of stupid to me.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by africandollar: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2020
SegFault:

And God's existence is disputable. You are trying to base your argument on an absolute truth, besides how the fck would you be arguing your God's existence with your Holy book sounds kind of stupid to me.

Nice try, well you started it though by attempting to disprove those things you said you heard Christians say which find their source from the Bible. The meaning could always be lost in interpretation hence my reason for trying to expound on how it should be understood. So if you can't be bothered about what is written in the Bible you shouldn't bother arguing about anything sourced from it in the first place.

On what basis would you want to argue God's existence then, on logic? That's like trying to find a common ground of reasoning btw a human and an ant.

Christianity is faith based which transcends any form of logic yet within faith you could still find some logic like stuff I've explained. It would seem foolish to you but bro that's because it's on a whole higher level than your logic.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 22, 2020
africandollar:

Nice try, well you started it though by attempting to disprove those things you said you heard Christians say which find their source from the Bible. The meaning could always be lost in interpretation hence my reason for trying to expound on how it should be understood. So if you can't be bothered about what is written in the Bible you shouldn't bother arguing about anything sourced from it in the first place.

On what basis would you want to argue God's existence then, on logic? That's like trying to find a common ground of reasoning btw a human and an ant.

Christianity is faith based which transcends any form of logic yet within faith you could still find some logic like stuff I've explained. It would seem foolish to you but bro that's because it's on a whole higher level than your logic.
But faith is based on this so called Limited human mind, and if I may ask how would you understand this god when you say that "he transcends the understanding of humans". You are just confusing me and yourself.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Image123(m): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
bizzibodi:

Why shld evil even exist in heaven in d 1st place.evil is evil whether paste or present.

Because it exists. Heaven is contextual BTW. In the Bible, any sphere outside earth is Heaven, so perhaps you may want to think on which of the Heavens so as not to slip on a banana peel.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by bizzibodi(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2020
Image123:

Because it exists. Heaven is contextual BTW. In the Bible, any sphere outside earth is Heaven, so perhaps you may want to think on which of the Heavens so as not to slip on a banana peel.
Although u are not so knowledgable to understand what I mean.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Image123(m): 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2020
bizzibodi:

Although u are not so knowledgable to understand what I mean.

Lol, see learner doing yanga oo. New things every day.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Feggie3:
BLOODY HOMOPHOBE!!! NOBODY WILL FORCE YOU TO HAVE SAME SEX WHEN YOU SIMPLY DON'T HAVE THE DESIRE NOR URGE TO DO SO. DON'T BE AFRAID.. AND STOP BEING PETTY.

JUST AS YOU ARE AFRAID AND FEEL LIKE THROWING UP, THAT'S HOW HOMOSEXUALS FEEL WHEN FORCED TO ENGAGE IN A HETEROSEXUAL SEX...

JUST PASS IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND PSYCHOSOCIAL SCIENCE AND SCIENCE OF HUMAN MAKE UP/GENOME...

Lol! Hahaha...I laugh in foreign tongue. Afraid of homosexuality? That day will never come. There is a difference between hating something and being afraid of it. The saints are admonished to detest sin and not be afraid of sin. We, the saints, abstain from sin, not because we are afraid of it, but because it is against the will of our Father in heaven. Your attempt at emotional blackmail, by dragging the word "petty" into this, failed woefully. Try again!

The mind-tampering thing again. No normal male, who is up to age and who is not observing abstinence, for religious reasons, will ever be disgusted by heterosexual sex. Any male who experiences such disgust, has had his mind influenced. The same goes for the female folks.

Forget about those psychobabble horse dung! Sexual relationship, as far as humans are concerned, is between a male and a female. For the saints, sexual relationship is between a man and a woman bound in holy matrimony. Whatever else science, psychology, or whatever, says contrary to this, is utter humbug.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
emmy512:

I still don't understand why God put that apple tree there knowing fully well it wasn't for human consumption, he didn't even hide it but placed in the middle of the garden it's almost as if he did it on purpose.

The Scripture didn't specifically say the fruit was apple. I just used apple. It could as well had been orange or mango. I don't think the nature of the fruit is necessary. If it was, the Scripture would have specified. The important thing is the instruction given to them.

A parent doesn't need to hide a pot of soup after instructing and warning his or her kids not to take any meat from it. The instruction and warning should be enough for an obedient child.

The test was obedience and our first parents failed woefully.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
Myer:

But the word of God says darkness cannot comprehend light. How come evil is overcoming good?
Honest question.

Evil is not overcoming good. Evil cannot overcome good. Darkness cannot triumph over light. There are good, upright, righteous people in the world, albeit few. There are evil, crooked, unrighteous people in the world and they are very many.

You must know what light and darkness mean Scripturally.

Everything boils down to the freewill the Creator, our Father in heaven, has given to us, his human creatures.

It is the Father's will to destroy this present world at the appropriate time and everything is going according to his plan. Those who are good and walk in the light, will continue to be good and walk in the light. Darkness does not have the power to make them change direction.

My honest submission.

If you have a contrary view, do share.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
ume1000:
If a programmer is not to blame for a program gone rogue then who else

We speak of God and the devil as though they are equals

Ever heard of freewill? Some people have given you good answers here.

Did I paint such picture? I mean the picture of the Creator and the devil being equal? It is the humans that the devil fights against and not the Creator. Satan is not the Creator's equal.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2020
ume1000:
Tempered with by whom

Forces of darkness.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2020
Coder2Client:

You see I've handled your question even before you ask it.

I saw it. Had to ask because of how you were seriously trying to justify homosexuality.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2020
Image123:

cheesy cheesy cheesy be calming down brother.

Hehehehe!
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by ume1000: 10:14pm On Sep 22, 2020
elated177:

Forces of darkness.
In Isaiah God said he created light and darkness , in pharaoh's case God hardened his heart

So how free is the freewill if the one giving it already knows the outcome
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by ume1000: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
elated177:

Forces of darkness.
Who created these forces of darkness
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Coder2Client(m): 4:45am On Sep 23, 2020
elated177:

I saw it. Had to ask because of how you were seriously trying to justify homosexuality.
I believe God being the Supreme being of all. God created everything in us. The same feelings that we have for opposite sex, could be the same deposit in the people we call homosexual. It did not just happen, it was created. That's my stance.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Myer(m): 11:38am On Sep 23, 2020
elated177:

Evil is not overcoming good. Evil cannot overcome good. Darkness cannot triumph over light. There are good, upright, righteous people in the world, albeit few. There are evil, crooked, unrighteous people in the world and they are very many.

Everything boils down to the freewill the Creator, our Father in heaven, has given to us, his human creatures.

It is the Father's will to destroy this present world at the appropriate time and everything is going according to his plan. Those who are good and walk in the light, will continue to be good and walk in the light. Darkness does not have the power to make them change direction.

My honest submission.

As much as I wish to concur with you, it is obvious from both biblical history and contemporary happenings that evil easily spreads more than good.

Take for example, the reason sin is still at large was simply because of a singular act of disobedience of Adam and Eve. Even the death and resurrection of Christ has not stopped men from committing sin.

Let's bring it to our present time, it is easy to be so fired up in church after a powerful sermon and holyghost power and promise to live righteously. But the moment you step outside the church premises you can't even be righteous for the a day. Some Christians even start fighting at the car park or even with the pastor. Apparently the light received in the church is unable to comprehend the darkness in the world out there. You are aware that pastors' children are usually the most immoral right?

Also there's an unwritten battle between islam and christianity in Nigeria which clearly islam is winning cos they have been ruling Nigeria since ever since. Even as much as Christians have been praying since God knows when.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Myer(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2020
elated177:

My honest submission.

As much as I wish to concur with you, it is obvious from both biblical history and contemporary happenings that evil easily spreads more than good.

Take for example, the reason sin is still at large was simply because of a singular act of disobedience of Adam and Eve. Even the death and resurrection of Christ has not stopped men from committing sin.

Let's bring it to our present time, it is easy to be so fired up in church after a powerful sermon and holyghost power and promise to live righteously. But the moment you step outside the church premises you can't even be righteous for the a day. Some Christians even start fighting at the car park or even with the pastor. Apparently the light received in the church is unable to comprehend the darkness in the world out there. You are aware that pastors' children are usually the most immoral right?

Also there's an unwritten battle between islam and christianity in Nigeria which clearly islam is winning cos they have been ruling Nigeria since ever since. Even as much as Christians have been praying since God knows when.

I'm sure you have your own personal experiences where darkness has been overcoming light. Need I say more?
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
Myer:

Did I say something different?

Evil spreads faster than good because of the fallen nature of the unregenerated hearts of men. The unregenerated hearts are very many in the world. This is why the forces of darkness of this world do not have to search for too long before they get a willing tool.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
Myer:

Until the Father, Yahveh Almighty, takes away freewill from humans, they will continue to commit sin.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
Myer:

I can't relate to your assertions since I have not been in that position.

The righteous walk is an individual walk. Our Master, Yahushua the Messiah, said "if you love me, keep my Commandments." Anyone who follows Yahushua the Messiah will follow his instruction.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Myer:

What are you on about? How is this related to the discourse?
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
Myer:

I'm sure you have your own personal experiences where darkness has been overcoming light. Need I say more?

The saints of the Father in heaven, YHVH Almighty, are drawn from all races, tribes, ethnicities, etc. They constitute the Body of his Son, his Word, Yahushua the Messiah. Among them you will find: blacks, whites, brown, etc. Also, among the saints of Yahushua the Messiah you will see the Igbos, Fulanis, Hausas, Yorubas, Jews, Japanese, English, Arabians, Egyptians, Indians, Chinese, Spanish, Germans, Mexicans, Italians, etc. Wherever you find any saint of Yahushua the Messiah, whether in Africa, America, Australia, Europe, Antarctica, you will find the Spirit of Truth operating in him or her.

This Spirit of Truth manifests the fruits as love, purity, honesty, sincerity, truthfulness, righteousness, etc. All these constitute what is described as light.

Wherever a saint of Yahushua the Messiah is, he or she will show others how things are done right. For example: if there is lack of honesty, such saint will be a beacon of honesty in such an environment. Again, if there is lack of purity, diligence or sincerity, such saint will be pillar of purity, diligence or sincerity in such an environment. This is what it means to be "the Light."

There are those who belong to the darkness and will refuse to change from their hatred, wickedness, dishonesty, impurity, etc. Among such people you find the: Igbos, Fulanis, Hausas, Yorubas, Jews, Japanese, English, Egyptians, Arabians, Indians, Spanish, Mexicans, Germans, Chinese, Italians, etc. They will see the light, the saint, in that environment as their enemy and will, therefore, fight against such saint. In this case, they will always fail woefully. Such spiritual battle has been going on since time immemorial and will continue unabated till the Messiah returns. Light will always triumph over darkness. Physical weapons such as knives, guns, wood or stones are not necessary.

Now you know, at least partially, the Scriptural context of light and darkness in terms of human activities.

Good, uprightness, righteousness, does not know race, colour, tribe, or ethnicity.

Evil, crookedness, unrighteousness, does not know race, colour, tribe or ethnicity.

Praise YHVH.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
Coder2Client:

I believe God being the Supreme being of all. God created everything in us. The same feelings that we have for opposite sex, could be the same deposit in the people we call homosexual. It did not just happen, it was created. That's my stance.

I refer you to these threads:

https://www.nairaland.com/5946582/same-sex-relationship-vile-even-nature

https://www.nairaland.com/5046278/no-iota-doubt-homosexuality-satans

https://www.nairaland.com/5170607/homosexuality-greatest-joy-satan-demons

https://www.nairaland.com/5668497/before-support-abominable-act-homosexuality.

If you have the time and the patience, you can go through them.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by elated177: 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
ume1000:
Who created these forces of darkness

Ajuju!
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Myer(m): 11:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
elated177:

What are you on about? How is this related to the discourse?

Since you're still in the dark, then no need pressing further.
Re: That We May Have Sex With Them! by Myer(m): 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
elated177:

I can't relate to your assertions since I have not been in that position.

The righteous walk is an individual walk. Our Master, Yahushua the Messiah, said "if you love me, keep my Commandments." Anyone who follows Yahushua the Messiah will follow his instruction.

Individual walk?
Well the bible also said you are a part of the body of Christ right?
Also not to forsake the gathering of saints?
Also to build love in one another?

I didnt see where individual walk was mentioned. Maybe you can correct me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COZA: Pastor Fatoyinbo Is Not Our Member- PFN / Turkish Police Smoke In Church In Istanbul During Arrest - Angry Nigerian Man / Margaret Amure Died And Came Back To Life With A Message From Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.