Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control (74671 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by SunTzu123(m): 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
I recently read a story on social media about how an alcoholic was "delivered" from the addiction; arrange with a mortuary attendant near you. Next time he drinks, carry him to the mortuary. Thank me later.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by rapheal5(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
[color=#000099][/color] Go to the nearest cemetery pay them some money to come pick him at night next time he get drunk and tell the cemetery workers to lay him down with the dead bodies and instruct them not to let him come home till the next morning even if he claim to be a living person they should scare him more that he's dead that they don't mind killing him for the second time.....He dare not drink to stupor again..
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

He drinks too much and sometimes messes the bed up with urine.

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by BestNaija(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2020
Washing your dirty linen outside in public abi?
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by andyanders: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

Well said and on point.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Omoolami100: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.
There's a drug. I can't remember the name, but if you get him to take it, he'll react badly to alcohol whenever he takes it. No fatal reaction, just throwing up and stuff like that. So after some days/weeks of this treatment, the urge to take alcohol would have reduced drastically. Talk to pharmacist about it as I do not advocate for self medication.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by AfroKnight: 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:
Start cheating, coming home late, stop cooking

Just lose yourself and see your husband start focusing again

Your husband lacks self control because you tolerate it

My opinion

Bro you should put “Just Kidding” after this your advice.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Xbee007(m): 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ishilove:

'Senseless' is a gross understatement.
Dude needs serious help. I seriously don't get why the mods continue to allow him spam threads.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by nosike3(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
He needs psychological help.. If he is in Lagos,I can help.. Synapse service mangolia at Lagos help substance abusers
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by BoboNogoDie: 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

First reasonable copied post... on Nairaland grin
Keep it up grin
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by ehix89(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2020
Did he just cultivate the habit of drinking or he has always been a drunk?
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by useurkidney3121: 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

Read carefully. This will work for u

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by mimimiles93: 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

Was this how you met him?
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by BoboNogoDie: 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s]Launch yourself Fully into God ...
Stand in Gap for your Home and Husband In Prayers.
At midnight call call on the GOD of Heaven
Prayers Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic..[/s]
Shut up!

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ishilove:

Yes, putting God first in everything is the way to go, BUT He will not come down from His throne to solve our problems for us. That is why he gave us brains to carry out his will. The OP needs PRACTICAL solutions in addition to prayers.
What did I just read?
Mbanu, Ishilove account haff been hacked. No, this can't be her.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Xbee007(m): 10:25pm On Oct 04, 2020
cococandy:

Alcohol dependence is a disease much like hypertension. You can’t discuss it away by heart to heart conversations and changing your attitude. Prayers won’t cure it. Family meeting won’t cure it.
It’s in the brain.

He needs professional therapy and a detox program managed in a competent facility.
When he comes out clean, no guarantees he won’t go back to it but that’s when all that heart to heart interventions etc might be helpful. To remind him why he doesn’t want to go back to it.

While he’s still in his addicted state, the brain wants what it wants and it can’t be talked away.
How does alcoholism and hypertension correlate? I don't get it?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by kbright2(m): 10:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

This might work for you too, a story I read that stopped a long time alcoholic addict of a lady hubby. It goes thus:
She just planned it with a mortuary attendant, took her hubby there after he had passed out after excessive intake of alcohol as usual. He slept there over night n after he woke up amidst the dead, he was beaten up by the attendant stating is a dead that woke up that he must return to his death world.
The next day, his wife was called to come pretending they never met that he was mistakenly brought there as a dead person. He stopped alcohol ever since then.
Prayer is the best to end this sister
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
UDUJ:
Did he just start drinking alcohol or this has been happening for a longtime now? Majority of times when a man is depressed he turns to alcohol.

Do you know the source of his depression? Is it lack of finance, being out of a job or are you also contributing through constant nagging and belittling the man? Give us honest answers if you need our help.
Contribute to the point that he pees on the bed? Haba! Il boit comme un trou!

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Ishilove: 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
J111333:
What did I just read?
Mbanu, Ishilove account haff been hacked. No, this can't be her.
Christianity is not synonymous with 'senselessness'.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Chris2863(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Launch yourself Fully into God ...
Prayers Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic..
She needs a practical solution Oga, she didn't tell you that she doesn't pray.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by nedekid: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

The state of the economy has turned many to alcoholics.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Pipefitter: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
that practical solution is what I really need cos even if am angry and keep malice with him anything he does so he will never ask fr forgiveness and we look fr a better way forward what he will say is " getting drunk is the sweetness of drink

[b]I'm sorry you find yourself in such situation, when he is sober ask him for a time you two could talk, let him chose a comfortable time, start the meeting with prayer and your kids, then afterwards ask the kids to leave, then speak to his soul not just his ears, ask him if that is the legacy he wants to leave for the kids, discuss with him the health implications of being a drink which includes liver damage and the rest, plead with him not to bring disgrace to your family or be a source of mockery to you amongst your friends or his friends. Try to make him see reasons, people break free from addiction when they make an effort, he needs to genuinely see reasons why he should change for the better, also make it a habit to pray together as a family in the morning before he leaves and at night, above all pray for him in secret too, there is nothing impossible before God, if you do all these and he doesn't change consider a divorce because you deserve to be happy too, maybe that will make him come to his senses (this should be your last option though [/b]
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Launch yourself Fully into God ...
Prayers Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic..

Oboy, be practical for once, stop all these nonsense.

I put it to you that your type are the major p. We have as a nation.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by maasoap(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:

You missed one thing: what op can do about her situation.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Longman180(m): 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ishilove:

Oh please. Stop being a Pharisee. When someone points out the obvious to you, you begin to foam at the mouth. Abegi. I will quote you OVER and OVER again as I deem fit, within the ambit of Nairaland laws so get used to it.

You are not the only Christian on this forum so shut it abeg. 'Devil begin to make use of me' indeed. Fanatic.

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by omoharry(f): 10:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
I believe it has been in him cos when I complained to his brother he told me that that is one habit that everybody in the family keep complainibg about him that the thought he would change after getting married to someone he loves so it has nothing to do with me which he knows is just that he hid that side of him when we were dating
I think you must have seen the sign but you decided to over look it, thinking it's a one off stuff .If you dated for nine months and in close proximity to each other ,there is no way this side of his habit would have slipped past your fingers without you knowing it. Does that means you didn't socialize with him & by any chance ever close to his friends and their girlfriends? This is becos, there is no way you will date a guy and hang around his friends & not notice them talk about one or two of his habit.
There was definately no background checks on the man you married . I missed our parents per-marital method of always investigating thier children would be spouse before giving their consent in marriage .It helps a lot.

You & your your husband should go to a professional for counseling, if you can afford it .There is something eating at him for him to always show up drunk . I hope this is not an habit that he is addicted to?

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by professore(m): 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:

well said. You made very reasonable contribution. Zzor says cool things like this...
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by tellwisdom: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2020
Wear him pampers to save your bed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) / Will I Ever Get Married?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.