Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control (74684 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by yak(m): 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Launch yourself Fully into God ...
Stand in Gap for your Home and Husband In Prayers.
At midnight call call on the GOD of Heaven
Prayers Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic..

before u go spiritual, look at the intelligent response just above ur submission!
we need to clear every human angle b4 going spiritual

3 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by mannasseh(m): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
if he buys drink fr himself he goes fr his gauge 3 bottles but when he goes to an event where there is excess drink, my God he will be feeling like getting all the drinks into his mouth that's where the lack of self control comes in

Is your Husband from Rivers State, esp The ikwerre or riverine area
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Originalsly: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Your husband dosen't have a problem.... he has an addiction.... he is an alcoholic. Dated for 9 months.... and didn't know. The family knew.... and I guess it was public knowledge. You made no effort to find out about him.... guess getting married period was priority one. To be pissing drunk is like up to the point of no return. Talking and explaining to such a person is a waste of time.... most likely there will have to be some mind shaking matter for him to get out of the bottle..... like becoming a born again..... or fear of death because of stroke. One of my friends ehmmm.... slid right into the bottle... both he and his brother.....his elder brother suffered a heart attack.... survived.. had related surgery after.... went right back into the bottle.... said if that's how he is to die..unavoidable. Got heart attack.... died... brother remained in the bottle.... he got a stroke... now partially paralysed on one side.... his eyes cleared... and is out of the bottle. Maybe you drive fear in him.... that one day his drinking is likely to bring on a stroke.... and nobody can say.if he will be paralysed on the left or right side... or from the waist down.Hopefully he pictures himself paralysed and will quit out of fear.

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by davidpokopikin(m): 10:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

He drinks too much and sometimes messes the bed up with urine.

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by EXOUSIAng: 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
LadySarah:
A good woman said she cured her husband s own by taking him to the mortuary on one of those days. After the mortuary attendants and the fear of dead ppl around him dealt with him, he never looked back.

You have to do something drastic. Stop cleaning those beds! Stop doing anything at all. Let him wake up and clean after himself. Stop telling ppl.

Tell him that if he wants this marriage to continue! You are giving him a time frame to work on himself else you walk out.By this I hop you have something doing.

Someone his parents couldn't change is who you are beating yourself over.

Tell him to get a lawyer and write his will already so you can't be caught awares incase he dies since you and his kids aren't enough motivation for him to stop drinking.

The men that will tell you to endure will not want such as a father n inlaw.
This will only work if he is not an Alpha male
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by EllemGiggy: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:
Pls how do I handle this problem of hubby that does not have self control when it comes to alcohol?

I have talked to him still no change pls I need practice solutions that will make him stop because he is the type that doesn't take things serious unless it gets to him and this his behavior is making me regret my marriage to him.

If u truly loves him and wants the marriage to work
just talk to him with respect and love each time he does it. Make him realise how disappointed and embarrassed you always feels each time he does it.
Let him sincerely promise to stop it,beg him to do it for you and ur children, ( you must emotionally connect to him by shielding real tears before him on ur kneels) too heard abi. Lastly If truly u want changes from him,u must first change some things about urself to him. What are the things he complains about u that u have refused to change.u don't need to tell us just work on urself and pray to God to recreate him because He (God) is able
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by VanDerWaalforces: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:
Start cheating, coming home late, stop cooking

Just lose yourself and see your husband start focusing again

Your husband lacks self control because you tolerate it

My opinion
What God has joined together, Let no man put asunder.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Adakintroy: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:

My opinion

You be fool.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

Go and see a therapist with ur husband it's a good step. Not sure if you can get help here
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by goshen26: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:

My opinion

Indomie generation sighted.....

Someone who does not know what marriage means has just commented

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Oseniade(m): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by pek(m): 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:
Launch yourself Fully into God ...
Stand in Gap for your Home and Husband In Prayers.
At midnight call call on the GOD of Heaven
Prayers Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic..
Practical solutions PLEASE.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by NewLogicalMind: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

Is there any underlying reason why he started drinking heavily? For instance did he just loose his job or is he managing stressful situation.

If it's not a new thing then it means you probably saw it during courtship but thought he would change after marriage...if that's the case then I have bad news for you.

He is not likely to change!
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by samnaija: 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ishilove:

Oh please. Stop being a Pharisee. When someone points out the obvious to you, you begin to foam at the mouth. Abegi. I will quote you OVER and OVER again as I deem fit, within the ambit of Nairaland laws so get used to it.

You are not the only Christian on this forum so shut it abeg. 'Devil begin to make use of me' indeed. Fanatic.

No you keep quiet, he has a right like everyone else to post a practical solution. If you want to belittle people because you have all the solution you are definitely not a Christian. Give your opinion on the matter and waka pass.
Righteous gave is honest solution from his heart, and all you can be is be a child of hate .. if tolerance is not your game stay away from the site. Besides wetin dey pepper you for the post prayer... Na wa...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by sylarada(f): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
No risk involvement!
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by mokkalu1(m): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2020
Really sad.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by kumulus(m): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Launch yourself Fully into God (what do you mean by this, do speak in clear terms so you don't confuse the op) ...
Stand in Gap for your Home and Husband In Prayers. (Does this stop him from excessive drinking or bed wetting, if it does, how?)
At midnight call call on the GOD of Heaven (why midnight?.....good reason for asking)
Prayers help reveal wisdom to actionable steps that Changes things..
When He sees a New you, that Could Just be the Tonic.. (I thought it was the husband that needed to turn a new leaf, not her but him who needs 'a changing', I may be wrong)

-Lloyd
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by VanDerWaalforces: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Hello ma'am! It's a pity this is happening in your home. Drunkenness is an addiction just like gambling, masturbation and so on. It takes deliberate effort to deal with it. He has to change/drop some of his friends as soon as possible, draw close to Jesus and make new friends who fear God. Then show him love and pray for him. Only Jesus can help you.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Ishilove: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
samnaija:

No you keep quiet, he has a right like everyone else to post a practical solution. If you want to belittle people because you have all the solution you are definitely not a Christian. Give your opinion on the matter and waka pass.
Righteous gave is honest solution from his heart, and all you can be is be a child of hate .. if tolerance is not your game stay away from the site.
How did I belittle him, and pray tell what practical solution has he posted?

Abeg shut the fvck up and waka pass. You two are likely birds of a plumage. I'm ignoring you henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Fedupman: 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
lilmax:

My opinion

This is not an advice boss,God hates adultery.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Unrated900(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

She is a good girl to have raced the alarm,a wicked wife would just park out of the house.

What are all this you mentioned contributed to the lady’s solution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by samnaija: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ishilove:

How did I belittle him, and pray tell what practical solution has he posted?

Abeg shut the fvck up and waka pass. You two are likely birds of a plumage. I'm ignoring you henceforth.
You definitely a physcopath in the waiting. Na prayer they pepper you. Oya pray for this my sister. The thing the pepper you for body when you hear prayer. Waka pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by elisho: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
MA is very simple just get his brother involved when he drunk just take him to the mortuary arrang with them just keep him there for a night outside when he wake up in the morning and ask what was he doing there they will tell him that he died last night my sister he will never drink again trust me.
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by elisho: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
elisho:
MA is very simple just get his brother involved when he drunk just take him to the mortuary arrang with them just keep him there for a night outside when he wake up in the morning and ask what was he doing there they will tell him that he died last night my sister he will never drink again trust me.

1 Like

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Ikennamurphy: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
virtuouswoman77:

No vex oo but didn't u notice this before marriage
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by lilmax(m): 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
goshen26:

Indomie generation sighted.....

Someone who does not know what marriage means has just commented
look at this fool

So the meaning of marriage is a woman suffering

Is that what she signed up for?

If she starts drinking will the man also take care of her

Why are you a BASTARD this evening?
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by enemyofprogress: 10:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
Was their no courtship between the two of you? Did you not see it during that period, I’m sure you did but his good looks, money and love making made you to overlook this. Abeg carry your criss jo

Ajepako, fatymore, vickyrotex, seunmohmoh, funkebabee and mynd44 you better learn from this story becourse I won’t like to hear any story tomorrow o. It is not only e sweet me e sweet me person dey take marry husband o
Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Geolalisa(f): 10:58pm On Oct 04, 2020
@poster
Go on your knees and pray for him. Believe and God will do it for you. Shalom!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by EXOUSIAng: 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2020
Truth is only you have the power to change him, your husbands limit is 3 bottles, he is not even drinking, tho we all have pur capacity, i used to be a heavy drunk, difference is i could still be conscious enough to even drive home after drinking, drinking for me then was cartons, my friends and I don't buy bottles we go for cartons. on a good day i could drink a carton of beer alone, finish two bottles of vodka...
I just want you to understand that am talking from the angle of a drunk.

1. Does he mix his drinks, one of the reasons people loss control is mixing drinks.

2. who are his drink buddies, get to know their wives and y'all sit and discuss, am sure they have similar issues at home.
3. When I used to drink, too much my woman helped me out of it. She started buying my favorite brand of beer and vodka, she made me start drinking at home, she stays with me while drinking and it all became a romantic thing for me, i stopped going out to drink and once the drinks she buys finished i was done for the day.
You just cant take away the drink from him, you either replace it with something, another addiction, like in my case my woman got me addicted to herself so much that going out to drink became boring, find out what he likes, does he like pepper soup? make him some, keep his brand of beer in the fridge, stay with him while he drinks, don't just sit there be romantic, play with him crack jokes, make jest of him,joke about the days before your marriage madam...
I was a crazy drunk one of those who can drink all night and still go to work in the morning. I still drink but I now drink responsibly not like a fish, now 5 bottles and am good or 2 glasses of vodka and am done...
Note if he continues drinking outside he would soon start sleeping with prostitutes, men who cant control themselves like that end up doing stupid things when they are drunk....
Less I forget, upgrade the way you f*ck him and try texting those evenings you suspect he will go drink, text him to tell him how you wanna f**k his brains out. he will start coming home...

5 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by Ikennamurphy: 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
IamD18:
If only people will leave sex, cheating and money to focus on important things during courting, we won't have people in miserable marriages or high rate of divorce.

Anger management, personalities, addictions, abuse, level of mutual understanding, friendship, goals, genotype, differences, family background and histories are very very underrated in relationships these day.

Sex, money, birthday, hanging out, cruise, sexchat, cooking and gifts are the only things existing in 99.742% of relationships in Nigeria.

Sadly that is the truth

2 Likes

Re: Help My Husband Lacks Self Control by MilkANDpepper: 11:00pm On Oct 04, 2020
Please seek medical attention for him. That's a clear case of alcohol dependence. He can be helped. Earlier the better. Good luck
virtuouswoman77:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) / Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Will I Ever Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.