Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,252 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384566 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 12:53am On Sep 13, 2014
anonymousmum: Hello house,

I am in need of some help,

the Doc that I have received a quote from, and I have decided to go with does not provide e-mail correspondence (Dr. Duc Le of Sugrland Methodist), even the hospital does not provide correspondence, even after trying to psyche/beg them on the phone...naija style no work grin

As I am sure we will all agree this is critical for POE...

Please do you have any Dr and Hospital in Houston/Sugarland area that will provide e-mail correspondence/cost breakdown, I just need something to hold for POE purposes...Also please provide e-mail address if you have it...

Thanks muchos smiley

Try Dr Torres / Gilbert sayegh.....WHMC....281 496 2496....Gilbertsayeghmd@gmail.com...They give breakdown plus appointment letter.....hope this is helpful?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gbemileke14: 12:54am On Sep 13, 2014
@Kaffy055,attached is the bill I got from them. Though, with slight difference. I no dey search again ooo, I don't reach last busstop cheesy. I have checked 5 other hospitals and this is the best. Trinitas hosp is taking 6000, Beth Isreal is taking 7500, Overlook is taking 5500, UMDNJ is taking 7500. All hospital fees alone. And doctors fees averagely is like 2500-4000.

kaffy055: uwc dear,av u bin sent d delivery fees,hope is d same as d fees I gave and hope is ok for u, but incase u get a cheaper one pls kip me inform grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 12:54am On Sep 13, 2014
Phema: ^^^^Go through the Dropbox process. If they need you to come in for an interview, they will reach you. Renewal of your visa goes beyond whether or not you paid your bills. They will want to know if you intentionally lied about your pregnancy the last time you were granted visa. So, be ready to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you were oblivious of your pregnancy. You might be lucky to get your visa renewed via Dropbox without the VO even noticing you birthed in the US.

How far gone were you when you were granted the B1B2 Visa?

Has anyone used dropbox to renew for childbirth Purposes? That's my situation and i'm so nervous about being denied (not sure why honestly). My visa isn't due for renewal till January when i'll be about 30wks gone. I'm contemplating just filling out the regular holiday things like I did for the last renewal. Very scared and confused at the same time sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 12:58am On Sep 13, 2014
kykes:

Please what are his prices like? I'm having twins. I think I might end up in sugarland.

He charges like $1600-$2000 depending on how you can negotiate,... Cool and calm guy...well known in Methodist sugarland....he does circumcision as well ( he calls it nigerian style, cos I had to explain and explain...then he said "I understand the nigerian style"....that helps in saving cost., cos we didn't have to do it in the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:11am On Sep 13, 2014
MadameU: House please can anyone help out with a boy Glynn and hospital in Jacksonville North Carolina. please it's Urgent

Nairalanders please come to the rescue! A friend is almost stranded please help out with suggesstions if you have any. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 2:35am On Sep 13, 2014
MadameU:

Nairalanders please come to the rescue! A friend is almost stranded please help out with suggesstions if you have any. Thanks

Why should you be stranded ..?.....google is your friend!!!!

Use the links below

http://www.healthgrades.com/obstetrics-gynecology-directory/nc-north-carolina/jacksonville

http://www.healthgrades.com/obstetrics-gynecology-directory/nc-north-carolina

Try and search based on your zip code ....give them a call and check reviews!!!

Hope this helps .....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oghobahase: 3:49am On Sep 13, 2014
anonymousmum: Hello house,

I am in need of some help,

the Doc that I have received a quote from, and I have decided to go with does not provide e-mail correspondence (Dr. Duc Le of Sugrland Methodist), even the hospital does not provide correspondence, even after trying to psyche/beg them on the phone...naija style no work grin

As I am sure we will all agree this is critical for POE...

Please do you have any Dr and Hospital in Houston/Sugarland area that will provide e-mail correspondence/cost breakdown, I just need something to hold for POE purposes...Also please provide e-mail address if you have it...

Thanks muchos smiley
Dr Amaro Micheal,Goggle him and his phone number will pop up.just call his office
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oghobahase: 3:55am On Sep 13, 2014
PrinceAdeAde: @Oghobahase:
I and wifey are planning on using DR Jeanie huyuh for WHMC however i am looking for best cost option for accomodation that has a safe and serene environment

Can you advise since you already live in Houston. Also can you advise what the fees of the doctor you recommeded is espcailly for CS

I have also buzed you via mail

@Blogerinna,

Thank you so much for your time. I am truly grateful for the level of information shared
I also did not recieve your email.its cynthiaeguzouwa@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 4:53am On Sep 13, 2014
I'm now changing my mind from MIHS to Sugarland. undecided grin

Oghobahase whats the average cost of a one bedroom apartment for 5 months? And do you provide services to Sugarland?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 13, 2014
Morning everyone. Please MIHS mamas, who has used Phoenix as her POE with BA? How did it go? Are the CBPs nice?

I'm thinking of going with BA and using Phoenix as my POE. I just want to have an idea of what to expect.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2014
Varvara: Hi, me dears! I'm here in Phoenix, in Crossland Mc.Dowell Road. It's true that rooms smoking smell. I tied to change room, but in the next one the same situation. Right now I'm just trying to blow up it with air-cond and some freshners.

My POE was San-Fransicso. They ask about purpose, I answered medical treatment. For how long? Three months.
He asked why I choose Phoenix? I answered that they have very good maternity package. He didn't get that I come to have my baby here ))))
In general, nothing special. No any second inspection.

Crossland rooms smell of smoke?? Wow! I hate odour of any kind ooo. I thought there was a "non smoking policy" in the hotel? angry Anyways, how much did they charge per night? How long will you be staying there? Were you given a discount and for how much?

Did the POE Officers at San Francisco ask for your Dr's appointment letter from MIHS? I'm just a little concerned since MIHS no longer gives Dr's appointment and also refuse to provide an email correspondence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 10:14am On Sep 13, 2014
oluloveme:

Try Dr Torres / Gilbert sayegh.....WHMC....281 496 2496....Gilbertsayeghmd@gmail.com...They give breakdown plus appointment letter.....hope this is helpful?

thanks so much, will reach out to them.

Does their correspondence cover hospital too?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2014
oluloveme:

He charges like $1600-$2000 depending on how you can negotiate,... Cool and calm guy...well known in Methodist sugarland....he does circumcision as well ( he calls it nigerian style, cos I had to explain and explain...then he said "I understand the nigerian style"....that helps in saving cost., cos we didn't have to do it in the hospital.

Just a comment on the price, when I called Dr. Le's office on the phone they told me 2k5, i tried to negotiate to no avail.

But i think he can come lower when they see you in person, so I am optimistic.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 10:17am On Sep 13, 2014
Oghobahase:
Dr Amaro Micheal,Goggle him and his phone number will pop up.just call his office

thank you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 11:33am On Sep 13, 2014
I would appreciate if someone who has applied and gotten the NIgerian visa by himself, advice on how to go about it by my self. The cost i got from an agent looks ridiculous.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2014
gbemileke14: @Kaffy055,attached is the bill I got from them. Though, with slight difference. I no dey search again ooo, I don't reach last busstop cheesy. I have checked 5 other hospitals and this is the best. Trinitas hosp is taking 6000, Beth Isreal is taking 7500, Overlook is taking 5500, UMDNJ is taking 7500. All hospital fees alone. And doctors fees averagely is like 2500-4000.

ok den,Will try and hook up wit u wen my Visa as bin granted.but dis is d one dat was sent to me.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummybee: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
IyawoToBe: God is a faithful God!

IyawoToBe, I believe you have received your passport with visa in it. Was hoping to read from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Papa Ejima! How is madam and how are the twins doing? Warm regards to them

Applying for naija vis is pretty easy, you really dont need to use an agent. It would cost you about $250 each if you apply yourself. I wonder how much your agent is demanding for.
Once the birth cert is ready, make a copy and go to SW Global LLC website if you have internet access. Follow the instructions carefully and you should be fine. I believe you will need the following for your babies' visa application -

2 passport photos each,
birth cert,
parents naija passport photocpy of bio data page,
money order of the required amount (you can buy this from your nearest post office),
self-addressed overnight postage envelope (you can also buy this from your nearest post office),
payment slip
confirmations slip
a simple letter stating that you want to apply for your babies' naija visa

Thats what I can remember for now sha. please note that since you have twins, you will need to arrange all these per child so your cost should be about $500 to $550. remember to pay for expedited processing o. The whole thing should take you just one week or thereabout. You can check SW Global website and Nigeria Immigration Services website sha. If you read and follow the instructions you'll be fine. Most poeple sse agents only when they dont have internet access or they just dont want to bother applying themselves. Its pretty easy sha.

Cheers

oawele: I would appreciate if someone who has applied and gotten the NIgerian visa by himself, advice on how to go about it by my self. The cost i got from an agent looks ridiculous.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
anonymousmum:

Just a comment on the price, when I called Dr. Le's office on the phone they told me 2k5, i tried to negotiate to no avail.

But i think he can come lower when they see you in person, so I am optimistic.

There are 3 doctors in that office and its better you let them know you specifically want doctor LE, he is the youngest....but when he sees you in person I believe he should give you a discount, because I experienced the same, ....I wish you all the best,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
anonymousmum:

thanks so much, will reach out to them.

Does their correspondence cover hospital too?

They should give you an approximate hospital quote, but they usually advice you to contact the hospital directly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
bloggerina: Papa Ejima! How is madam and how are the twins doing? Warm regards to them

Thats what I can remember for now sha. please note that since you have twins, you will need to arrange all these per child so your cost should be about $500 to $550. remember to pay for expedited processing o. The whole thing should take you just one week or thereabout. You can check SW Global website and Nigeria Immigration Services website sha. If you read and follow the instructions you'll be fine. Most poeple sse agents only when they dont have internet access or they just dont want to bother applying themselves. Its pretty easy sha.

Cheers

Thanks Bloggerina

Do i need to send my application and required documents by post after applying online? meanwhile i have sent you a PM kindly accept.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
Phema:

Crossland rooms smell of smoke?? Wow! I hate odour of any kind ooo. I thought there was a "non smoking policy" in the hotel? angry Anyways, how much did they charge per night? How long will you be staying there? Were you given a discount and for how much?

Did the POE Officers at San Francisco ask for your Dr's appointment letter from MIHS? I'm just a little concerned since MIHS no longer gives Dr's appointment and also refuse to provide an email correspondence.

Mihs doesnt give appointment letter again? Wahala dey o. No wonder dey have been posting me saying dey will mail my appt and dey avnt.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello all,

Please you all should not mix things up. MIHS do not give Ob/Gyn Appointment letter anymore. They stopped it a while ago.

But pls note that they still give appointment letter as regards financial counsellor. If u book appointment with d financial counsellor and they don't send u email confirmation on time, call them back say after 2 days and tell d person politely that u r yet to receive ur email confirmation of ur appointment. Also pls make sure they get ur email spellin right as they may av made mistake in d spelling (this happened to me). Tell d person politely to kindly help confirm ur email address she is seeing just to be sure they got it well. With that done u will definitely receive d email if not give time and call again.

As regards crossland, they have smoking and non-smoking rooms. If u r bookin make sure u specify that u want a non - smoking room. If u get here and they give u a smokin room, u insist on them changing it and ur room will be changed.

Also this has been said b4, u can get discount if u book crossland tru extended stay and when booking u tell them u want d extended stay program but note that with this program ur booking must be for a minimum of 60days. Though since everything would go up from October, I don't kno if d extended stay program will be available from October. U can find that out when u call them.

Pls do not book Crossland online as it's more expensive to do that cos of d rates online. U av to call extended stay on +18003987829.

Cheers.

raii:

Mihs doesnt give appointment letter again? Wahala dey o. No wonder dey have been posting me saying dey will mail my appt and dey avnt.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by angel55: 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello everyone. Want to say congratulations to all who have had a successful delivery esp oawele portharcourtboy etc and I wish all of us who are yet to hold our bundle of joy in our hands safe delivery and a smooth POE. Hmmmmmmm..... want to say a big THANK YOU to all narialanders as I just received my visa this week after along A&P wait. I learnt a lot and God answered my Prayers &i must testify. @TK2014 you post was really helpful as I sent emails to the embassy and I was replied. Thanks for helping a sister.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
MadameU: @Dammie,

Please can you advice on other accomodation options aside crosslands the rates for 30days is now over 3000dollars.
Thanks
. @madameU, U can try Ocotillo Village, 4221 E. McDowell Road 85008.very close to d hospital nd Weekly fee is $189.74 plus tax utilities included, u can also do month to month. That's where I am I paid total of $1640.37 for 8weeks + deposit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello Dammie, pls is Ocotillo Village fully furnished or u ll av to buy somethings urself?

Dammiecouture: . @madameU, U can try Ocotillo Village, 4221 E. McDowell Road 85008.very close to d hospital nd Weekly fee is $189.74 plus tax utilities included, u can also do month to month. That's where I am I paid total of $1640.37 for 8weeks + deposit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBee: Please note that accommodation options across Phoenix will generally be more expensive from around October. This is because the weather in Phoenix around that time of the year is usually one of the best. All the best in your search.
@Mrs u r so right cos people frm other states move to phoenix frm Oct till like April May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
raii:

They give financial appointment and not Dr's.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
Bloggerina and Nita2013; thank you guys so much for the info. Will surely come in handy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.