Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381980 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Good Day Everyone, I'm New in this forum, i need someone to help me with the cost of giving birth in Florida, precisely Tampa. I will appreciate with the reply i got from each members here. And is it possible for i and my wife to travel?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2014
seemorejoy: Good Day Everyone, I'm New in this forum, i need someone to help me with the cost of giving birth in Florida, precisely Tampa. I will appreciate with the reply i got from each members here. And is it possible for i and my wife to travel?

I'm planning to go to Orlando, not Tampa. It's pretty expensive (7k for CS and 3.5k for doctor excluding all other charges - and that's the cheapest i've found so far), but that's where I have family and i'll be going by myself, so I can't consider el paso or Phoenix.
I'll suggest you do a Google search, just type hospitals in Tampa, and start calling to ask for costs. That's what I did.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
That's pretty expensive truly but i will continue with the research and if anyone know the cheapest in Florida should let me know and in the meantime it seems El paso and phoenix is the cheapest
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
MadameU: @ phema and toitoi, let's actually wait to see what reviews may have been applied,and the conditions attached. In the mean time, I suggest we begin searching out alternatives.

As in this theit review get as e be. M lookn at houston but cannot even match mihs cost.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=nenababe] In. Atlanta, u can try Piedmont Henry Hospital that charge $3,500 womanly and DR RAMANI LAXWAN of Eagles Landing OB/GYN who charge $1,760 womanly too.

Pls can you send me the hospital contact or the doctor email address
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by titibaby: 12:16am On Sep 15, 2014
Freshface, phema & toitoi. That clause had been on that link since Feb. 2014 ad someone said earlier. I can confirm because I saw it there before I went to Phoenix in May. The clause quoted by oawele is in the maternity agreement you will sign when you meet the financial counsellor. That is no cause for alarm. However, you might still need to monitor their website for the changes proposed in October.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 12:19am On Sep 15, 2014
This might be useful to folks who are seeking other options in Phoenix.

www.gnazhealth.com/arizona-hospitals-offering-maternity-packages/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omodaddy7: 8:34am On Sep 15, 2014
Goodmorning

Somebody pls help urgently! I am Elpaso bound in December and I want to conclude on my flight bookings this week.
Please I need info on where I can enrol my daughter ( daycare / Cretche ) around intown suites as I might need to travel with her.... Has any1 been in this situation before? (Where you had to travel to Elpaso with your daughter all by urself... She's 2 years+).... I will appreciate your response asap.
Thanks and do all have a great week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 15, 2014
Oawele, please remember to help us confirm that stuff from MIHS today.

Regards to wifey and kisses to the twinnies!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2014
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2014
sayoberry: pls el paso clans... I was thinking of something.if the VOs are claiming doctoresparati is doing business and bla bla, why can't one just contact Del Sol medical center directly. since it is an hospital on it own.

No problems. But you should be ready to be given a quote of atleast 15k and above.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2014
trav: Hello House,

Please does anybody have any experience or information about processing Nigerian visa in the UK. Our baby's US passport just came out and we have less than a week to spend in the US before leaving so processing a Nigerian visa or passport in the US is not working for me. We plan to spend a few days in the UK before returning to Nigeria so I think I should just process the visa at the Nigerian High Commission in London. The problem is I am not getting much information from the High Commissions website and they are also not picking calls.

I will appreciate any advise or information regarding how to go about processing a Nigerian visa for our daughter at the Nigerian High Commission in the UK.

Thanks all

Its not a visa you would be requiring. Try and get what is called an emergency travel permit (or called something along those lines). You should get that from the UK. Allows your baby to enter Nigeria. After he/she returns u can then do a Niaja passport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2014
hallos... wanted to give a quick update. in Atlanta now, arrived yesterday. POE was smooth thank God. I got some yuppie guy who was just gisting with me. main things he asked

Immigration Officer: why u coming to US
Me: to have my baby
IO: oh? why US
Me: it makes sense for me financially, medically and family wise.
IO:how far along are u?
Me:35 weeks.
IO: oh so baby is coming next week
Me: noooo... guy. pregnancy is 40weeks
IO : (laughs) i have no idea, i'm a man... so why not where u live? (i dont live in naija)
Me: cos its more expensive... (he gave me a disbelieving look). i said yup. even more than US. plus i'd have to fly my mum over
VO: so why didnt u go back to nigeria
Me: cos the healthcare is not so fantastic
VO: what do u do in bla bla
Me: i work in bla bla.
VO: husband there?
Me: yea
VO: how much u have?
Me: about 8000 plus credit card
VO: any food
me: no

then we gisted about other things while he was typing. and then he stamped me in. i didnt even bring out any document (i had left all in my bag waiting to be asked first before volunteering) but he didnt ask to see any.

Note: 1. preggy mamas, the walk from the plane to the border place na die. abeg no carry plenty hand luggage if you dont really have to. u go tire.
2. i know it has been said before, but it is good to repeat. Try not to lie. in fact, dont try, do not lie!!.
One other officer had seen me on the line and checked my passport. He didnt say anything to me o, just looked at it and gave me back.
then when i was with the IO, the guy made a comment to him and the IO said " yea i know, she already told me"
So apparently, he had seen my big belle and was waiting to see if i'd tell the IO.
sha thank God all went well...

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2014
@ ogonna pls which hospital did you use and what's the doctor contact how much is the cost.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
Phema: Oawele, please remember to help us confirm that stuff from MIHS today.

Regards to wifey and kisses to the twinnies!

sure.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Phema: Oawele, please remember to help us confirm that stuff from MIHS today.

I thought Oawele is female,weldone sir my greetings to your wife and the LO's. Kindly help confirm the rate in MIHS. For us nothing is cast in stone and wife is loving the phoenix weather at her EDD. Her departure date is last week in Nov or 1st week in December.

NB: I hope MIHS has the resources to cope with the flood of people coming for them. This thread has gone viral. I met a heavily pregnant friend yesterday, i asked her where she is headed in October and she said Phoenix grin. She is not even registered on NL, she is a guest who reads our comment. Special shout out to everyone who has made this thread what it is today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
@Tvegas Ah I'm not sure if Phoenix going viral is a good thing, remember what some people said about VO's reactions to El Paso bound peeps last week. The same might happen to Phoenix bound peeps and might also be one of the reasons MIHS is reviewing costs. What I'm saying is I really think we should start exploring other cost effective options o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
Na wa o. VOs reacting to Phoenix again and not only El Paso ? sad

Anywayz, people with new options should refer abeg. This isn't the time to keep quiet o. Incase you are reading, got Visa e.t.c and you aren't talking, God is watching you grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
@ Merrymom sorry jare I was thinking El Paso, and was trying to say the same thing may happen to Phoenix people. We should sha try to diversify before anyone starts raising eyebrows grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
GenoMI: @Tvegas Ah I'm not sure if Phoenix going viral is a good thing, remember what some people said about VO's reactions to Phoenix bound peeps last week. It might also be one of the reasons MIHS is reviewing costs. What I'm saying is I really think we should start exploring other cost effective options o.

Who no like affordable healthcare?. My friend was billed $25k when she had her first child in New York, so she jumped at the Phoenix offer as soon as she read it here. grin. I agree with you that the task of searching for good alternatives is a must for us all on this thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tvegas:

Who no like affordable healthcare?. My friend was billed $25k when she had her first child in New York, so she jumped at the Phoenix offer as soon as she read it here. grin. I agree with you that the task of searching for good alternatives is a must for us all on this thread.

LOOOLL..Infact ehn, the whole Phoenix thing sounded too good to be true when I first read about it on this thread, it is a real heaven sent package grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
@funkiepop, pls fire away with your questions, I'll try to help as much as I can. @Iyawotobe, congrats on your visas and may God grant you and your hubby the desires of your heart. Infact @Tvegas, that was her ooo, the same VO me and my hubby encountered. I did the same prayer that our number doesnt come up on her window but alas, it did. In the end sha, I thank God she saw our honesty and gave us. By the way, many thanks for the info u suggested telling me on what to give my mum(to show proof of our visa approvals) to use for her own interview two days after ours, she was successful.
Thanks to all who keep volunteering all the useful info on this thread, may all our plans continue to fall in pleasant lines before us.
So unto travel plans right now, plan to leave by the second week of October.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamajeff: 2:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
Your post brought tears to my eyes Hardeymijuh and I am happy MIHS family is growing on a daily basis.

This is vivianobas reporting live. I had to open another account since the former one refused to sign me in. Wishing you all God's blessings.

hardeymijuh: Good morning All,

Happy to see the testimonies flowing in...El Paso, Houston and Phoenix.

@ oawele, Congrats and thanks for sharing your testimony...These stories brings gladness and joy to my heart.

Am so happy I visited MIHS and provided the info. Special thanks to Vivianobas

I wish everyone the best. Have a blissful day.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
mamajeff: Your post brought tears to my eyes Hardeymijuh and I am happy MIHS family is growing on a daily basis.

This is vivianobas reporting live. I had to open another account since the former one refused to sign me in. Wishing you all God's blessings.

Yeeee! Vivianobas! Its good to have you back. Your info has been very beneficial to a lot of people. Thanks again.

How have you been? Family? Regards kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
Double Twala to you @vivianobas.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
The information on this thread has gone a long way to help alot of us. There are as many people who have heard about MIHS and El paso as silent readers and many more by words of mouth without having checked into nairaland at any time.
As for MIHS, they had a massive influx of preggies during the Summer, in the month of July alone, they were delivering as many as 20 babies per day(not exaggerating); such that normal delivery moms were discharged before its 48hrs post delivery and CS patients delivered at about the 3rd day, to make room for those just giving birth.
Sometime towards the end of last month, one naija preggy went to register for the package, and the financial Counsellor told her they had a meeting about women coming to deliver all the way from Nigeria, and they were wondering if it's some kind of 'Refugees Program'. She however did well to educate them that it's individuals that are sponsoring themselves. The question of the possibility of a package review didn't come up, but it's obvious they have noted the naija influx. I wasn't really surprised when it was said that the package is being reviewed.
Arizona is also very close to the Mexican border, hence, we have alot of Mexicans too without insurance using the package, and those ones too can like to born!
Let's hope whatever it is the review will turn out to be, it'll still be affordable for those that intend to use them, and I'm sure they also will not want to lose the clientele from this end.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamajeff: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
We are blessed Phema and hope you are doing great too?

I am humbled by the outpour of love and brotherliness on this forum and I am happy God used me as a tool to contribute my quota. As for the proposed review of MIHS rates, I am certain the rates would be reasonable and if for any reason they become outrageous, if one road close, another one go open. I still have affordable rates from some hospitals in Phoenix too, we can begin to explore other options.

We are together on this by God's grace.

Phema:

Yeeee! Vivianobas! Its good to have you back. Your info has been very beneficial to a lot of people. Thanks again.

How have you been? Family? Regards kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamajeff: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Bros I hail ooooooo.

I tried severally to send a congratulatory message to you after madam's delivery but my account didn't allow me do that. How are my lil cuties, hope they are doing great? Greetings to madam on my behalf too.

oawele: Double Twala to you @vivianobas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
mamajeff: We are blessed Phema and hope you are doing great too?

I'm very well, thank you.

Please, can we have the hospitals with affordable rates in Phoenix? It will be nice to have alternatives on time so one can make proper arrangement, just in case MIHS fees become outrageous.

I for one will like to go to Phoenix cos of the not so harsh weather at that time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
mamajeff: Bros I hail ooooooo.
I tried severally to send a congratulatory message to you after madam's delivery but my account didn't allow me do that. How are my lil cuties, hope they are doing great? Greetings to madam on my behalf too.

Thanks a lot for your congratulatory message, really appreciate.

Your cuties are doing very well, giving us `joyful` sleepless nights and sucking down on the milk big time!!! we thank God in all.

you are indeed a selfless shining star. Big thanks to you and other members who have contributed to the invaluable information on this thread.

My madam says i should send her regards.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
mamajeff: Your post brought tears to my eyes Hardeymijuh and I am happy MIHS family is growing on a daily basis.

You are welcome, God has used you and many other MIHS and EL Paso veterans to open doors for many. All of You will never be stranded. AMEN.

Nochid: The information on this thread has gone a long way to help alot of us. There are as many people who have heard about MIHS and El paso as silent readers and many more by words of mouth without having checked into nairaland at any time.
As for MIHS, they had a massive influx of preggies during the Summer, in the month of July alone, they were delivering as many as 20 babies per day(not exaggerating); such that normal delivery moms were discharged before its 48hrs post delivery and CS patients delivered at about the 3rd day, to make room for those just giving birth.
Sometime towards the end of last month, one naija preggy went to register for the package, and the financial Counsellor told her they had a meeting about women coming to deliver all the way from Nigeria, and they were wondering if it's some kind of 'Refugees Program'. .

Thanks for this info, 20 babies per day is serious ish shocked. I envisaged something like this but never thought it could be this much. I hope the reviews will be favorable to those who want to use them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.