Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,463 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384605 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
^^^^ Not bad at all. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gbemileke14: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yea, the difference is coming from the hospital fees. Mountainside Hosp was charging 3500 for womanly delivery before but now charges 3800 and 5000 for CS now not 4500. I have replied your private mail. You can contact me when u arrive, am staying with my cousin in Newark. Wishing you all the best.

kaffy055: ok den,Will try and hook up wit u wen my Visa as bin granted.but dis is d one dat was sent to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Phema: ^^^^ Not bad at all. smiley
@phema r u in crossland?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
Dammiecouture: @phema r u in crossland?

Nope. Not even in Phoenix yet. Will be coming in November.

My attraction to Crossland seem to be the large Naija community and the affordability. Still undecided though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by trav(m): 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello House,

Please does anybody have any experience or information about processing Nigerian visa in the UK. Our baby's US passport just came out and we have less than a week to spend in the US before leaving so processing a Nigerian visa or passport in the US is not working for me. We plan to spend a few days in the UK before returning to Nigeria so I think I should just process the visa at the Nigerian High Commission in London. The problem is I am not getting much information from the High Commissions website and they are also not picking calls.

I will appreciate any advise or information regarding how to go about processing a Nigerian visa for our daughter at the Nigerian High Commission in the UK.

Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by erico2k2(m): 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
trav: Hello House,

Please does anybody have any experience or information about processing Nigerian visa in the UK. Our baby's US passport just came out and we have less than a week to spend in the US before leaving so processing a Nigerian visa or passport in the US is not working for me. We plan to spend a few days in the UK before returning to Nigeria so I think I should just process the visa at the Nigerian High Commission in London. The problem is I am not getting much information from the High Commissions website and they are also not picking calls.

I will appreciate any advise or information regarding how to go about processing a Nigerian visa for our daughter at the Nigerian High Commission in the UK.

Thanks all
U got to be resident of the UK to do that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
oluloveme:

There are 3 doctors in that office and its better you let them know you specifically want doctor LE, he is the youngest....but when he sees you in person I believe he should give you a discount, because I experienced the same, ....I wish you all the best,

Good stuff...thanks smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
oluloveme:

He charges like $1600-$2000 depending on how you can negotiate,... Cool and calm guy...well known in Methodist sugarland....he does circumcision as well ( he calls it nigerian style, cos I had to explain and explain...then he said "I understand the nigerian style"....that helps in saving cost., cos we didn't have to do it in the hospital.

Thanks oluloveme. Please do you have a contact email where I can get the breakdown of the price and what it covers?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
erico2k2:
I think your best bet will be to do a quick trip to ATL or DC, and then get your baby's nigerian passport the same day. The down side of this arrangement will just be that it'll cost you money; don't have an idea how the UK arrangement works.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
mummybee:

IyawoToBe, I believe you have received your passport with visa in it. Was hoping to read from you.
lol. Yeah. Thanks kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
MadameU: @Dammie,

Please can you advice on other accomodation options aside crosslands the rates for 30days is now over 3000dollars.
Thanks

Come to extended stay America biltmore. It's cheaper and closer to the hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
MrsBee: Hello House, please has anyone here travelled with Lufthansa recently?

I travelled with Lufthansa in July. Port harcourt - phoenix
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
Blesyn83:
Come to extended stay America biltmore. It's cheaper and closer to the hospital

Blesyn83 pls do we have good naija population at the extended stay america biltmore?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Congrats to all the new mums & preggies yet to have their babies...Wishing you guys a safe trip and safe delivery.

Thababe, uchetobi, hardemiju, jyde etc Shout out to you all...Guess your LOs are fine? Kisses to them..

IyawoToBe: lol. Yeah. Thanks kiss

Iyawo, it will be nice to share your visa experience on this thread, you don't necessarily have to divulge the full gist if you don't want to...However, the idea is just for people to learn from your experience.

At least if nothing at all, you were a regular on this thread at some point, asking questions and learning from others. It will be nice to give back to that system, that's what this thread has essentially thrived on. If everyone decides to keep quiet, get their visas & do their runs codedly, then this thread would have died a natural death & all this info won't be available smiley...Pls I hope you don't take offence...It's just an observation....smiley.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 1:10am On Sep 14, 2014
Phema:

Nope. Not even in Phoenix yet. Will be coming in November.

My attraction to Crossland seem to be the large Naija community and the affordability. Still undecided though.
okay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2014
So I visited d MIHS website and could not find the Maternity Package Agreement again! What cud this mean?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 14, 2014
Freshface: So I visited d MIHS website and could not find the Maternity Package Agreement again! What cud this mean?

Wow! So, its true. Someone told me she wanted to book appointment with MIHS and was told the maternity package was undergoing some reviews and the new package will be made known on 1st of October.

I really do hope they don't review it upwards, cos of the influx of patients. E no go funny ooo. Fingers crossed. angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Phema and freshface check this link you will find it. http://mihs.org/patient-information/price-and-financial-policy.

Phema:

Wow! So, its true. Someone told me she wanted to book appointment with MIHS and was told the maternity package was undergoing some reviews and the new package will be made known on 1st of October.

I really do hope they don't review it upwards, cos of the influx of patients. E no go funny ooo. Fingers crossed. angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Dammiecouture: okay

Crossland doesn't even have d 60 day extended stay that most mamas use. I have to start searching for alternatives cos im coming in jan 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2014
toitoi: Phema and freshface check this link you will find it. http://mihs.org/patient-information/price-and-financial-policy.

No wonder they have been stalling on sending my financials
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2014
nikkygal: Congrats to all the new mums & preggies yet to have their babies...Wishing you guys a safe trip and safe delivery.

Thababe, uchetobi, hardemiju, jyde etc Shout out to you all...Guess your LOs are fine? Kisses to them..

Iyawo, it will be nice to share your visa experience on this thread, you don't necessarily have to divulge the full gist if you don't want to...However, the idea is just for people to learn from your experience.

At least if nothing at all, you were a regular on this thread at some point, asking questions and learning from others. It will be nice to give back to that system, that's what this thread has essentially thrived on. If everyone decides to keep quiet, get their visas & do their runs codedly, then this thread would have died a natural death & all this info won't be available smiley...Pls I hope you don't take offence...It's just an observation....smiley.

I sure understand what you are driving at nikkygal. Be it far from me to be an ingrate cheesy cheesy. We got an invaluable help from this thread and it will be bad of us not to share our visa experience. It is the least we can do.

The reason I said my case was peculiar is cos most people on this thread are preggy already before getting their visas, but we are still ttc. We are going for vacation next month, then will use the visa for child birth by God's grace on our second trip.

Here is our visa Transcript.
We got to the embassy at 6:20am for a 7:00 interview. Our first challenge was getting a parking space. When we entered Walter Carrington crescent,  we saw some boys directing us to park but hubby thought of the distance we would have to cover before getting to the consulate, so whe drove deep inside the crescent and got a very convenient place to park.
Note: For those who intend to use Lagos, parking is 1000naira if you want to park close to the consulate. But there is a general parking space which is for 500naira but the distance is very far, so you would have to trek back.

After parking we headed to the consulate for security checks. This was smooth and easy. We were among the first set of people to go in. We got to the interview hall and did the necessary documentation and then we proceeded to fingerprinting. After this, we were told to wait for our number to show up for the interview.

While sitting for our number to be called, we were observing other people's interview. They were not really giving visas that morning. Infact out of about 60 people that were interviewed before us that morning, only about 8 were given, 4 out of which were people in the force. There was this particular young black American lady in window 1 that wasn't even giving her interviewee chance to prove their case, she was kinda mean. She interviewed about 10 people and didn't give any. Myself and hubby were praying our number don't appear at her window. We stayed longer than usual in the interview hall cos our number was called late. Our number was eventually called and then came the moment  wink

Our interviewer was a calm and motherly white woman in her early 40s. She was so nice to us that I thought of giving her a huge hug if I will be permitted. Funny thing is, her window was at the extreme so we weren't really following her interviews. We weren't sure if she was giving or not. Our interview goes thus:

Vo: Good morning (with a huge smile)
Us: Good morning (we returned the gesture)
Vo: Is this xyz family?
Us: Yes ma'am
Vo: (Faces hubby) Who is she to you?
Hubby: She is my wife(I still have my maiden name on my passport, that's probably what prompted the 'who is she' question)
Vo: How long have you been married?
Hubby: Told her
Vo: Why are you going to the US?
Hubby: We are going on vacation.
Vo: Why florida?
Hubby: We are actually going to Orlando. We chose Orlando because my wife is a fan of Disney, and she has always longed to visit the park.
Vo: What do you do?
Hubby: I am a bleep by profession.
Vo: Where do you work?
Hubby: He answered
Vo: How long
Hubby: He answered
Vo: You were on an exchange program as a government visitor in your last visa. What did you do in the US?
Hubby: Told her
Vo: ( turns to me) What do you do?
Me: Answered
Vo: (Turns back to hubby) Do you live together?
Hubby: Yes
Vo: Have you travelled together as a couple?
Hubby: No
Vo: Do you have a home?
Hubby: Yes
Vo: I mean, is it yours?
Hubby: oh! No, it is a rented apartment. ( We weren't expecting this question at all )
Vo: Ok. ( Then she started typing )
At this point, I knew our visas had already been approved even before she said the magical words. So I raised my hand, and said "pls can I ask a question" she responded "why not, pls go ahead" I then asked if we can use the visa for child birth and she responded by saying our visa class allows us to do that too but we must be able to afford the bills and not resort to public funds.

She then said "your visas have been approved, pick it up on wednesday ". She circled Wednesday on the proxy letter and gave it to me. No single document was asked. Not even one! Glory be to God

Our interview was on the 4th of September, my hubby received a mail that his passport is ready for pick up on the 8th.  I didn't receive any mail. So hubby went to Dhl on the 11th but on getting there, he was told my passport was not there. We became worried. When we tried tracking my passport online, it said "administrative processing". And we are aware this could take months. But as God would have it, my visa was issued on thursday and I got a mail to pick it up.

We are sorry this is coming late. I didn't want to feel out of place cos we are not pregnant yet. Pls I want you all to put us in your prayers. TTC no matter how early in marriage can be depressing. To those whose interview is coming soon, don't fret. God who made it easy for us will do yours too. Just prepare and be confident. Smile and don't let other people's denial in the hall get to you. And most importantly, pray! "Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..."

Our efforts to secure the future of our kids will not be in vain by God's grace. Thanks all!!! Love you kiss kiss kiss

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2014
toitoi: Phema and freshface check this link you will find it. http://mihs.org/patient-information/price-and-financial-policy.

It's no longer there my dear. I'm confused right now! I think I may just burst phoenix n go to where I know what to expect. kiss undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2014

It's showing "page not found" sad

I just really hope this doesn't affect the people that already have appointments with them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 11:11am On Sep 14, 2014
Freshface:

It's no longer there my dear. I'm confused right now! I think I may just burst phoenix n go to where I know what to expect. kiss undecided

freshface I can see the link doesn't open , just go to patient information and click price and financial assistance it opens .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 11:12am On Sep 14, 2014
@IyawoToBe, God will favour you. You will share your baby testimony IJN. Beginning of this year, me and hubby were putting plans together for fertility program, but God changed our testimony midway. It is well with you. Amen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 11:44am On Sep 14, 2014
erico2k2:
Nope...thats not too my brother inlaw and his wife did same thin and dey are visitors.lady jst go to d high commission with all necessary documents u'll get ur baby's visa.cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 11:46am On Sep 14, 2014
trav: Hello House,

Lady jst go to the high commission with all necessary documents u'll get ur baby's visa.my brother inlaw and wife did something it was quite easy for them.

Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=toitoi]

freshface I can see the link doesn't open , just go to patient information and click price and financial assistance it opens

I see it now. The price is still the same. Na accommodation and visa remain for me now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Oh, I see it now, but on a different page. Not under the usual "Maternity package plan" drop down. Also not as comprehensive as it used to be.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Phema: Oh, I see it now, but on a different page. Not under the usual "Maternity package plan" drop down. Also not as comprehensive as it used to be.
Pls under where can I also find it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.