Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380419 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Chuyom: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for all the reply. I will read up the MIHS link with the package. Very useful.
Heart2heart: I have tried sending u a message, pls reply when possible. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2014
Chuyom:
My people una well done! This site has been so useful. Thanks to all who have contributed in one way or the other.
Pls is the new MIHS price of $5400 inclusive of everything? Or will I need to pay anything after that? Am a bit confused.
Also, am due in March, anyone heading to MIHS at this time too? Will leave in dec or Jan. We could team up and plan cos I am thinking of renting accomodation as I don't have any family/friend there. Thanks!

It's all inclusive. Hospital, Physican (doctor), epidural, anesthesiologist, pediatrician(one baby visit), pathologist, all antenatal, one emergency visit for you. No hidden charges.

Haven't really spoken much about MIHS, but my arrival here simply made me sold out. I love them. grin. Compared to paying over $13k in Dallas last year, it's just unbelievable but TRUE.

I ain't no marketer am sure u all know that, just an expression of how i feel.

News update. 5 deliveries last week (one VBAC), one this week (so far). 3 departures and 1 arrival. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 10, 2014
i have responded chuyom. thanks!
Chuyom:
Thanks for all the reply. I will read up the MIHS link with the package. Very useful.
Heart2heart: I have tried sending u a message, pls reply when possible. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2014
@OMary83 Thanks really appreciate,would be waiting for name of hospital in new york....but i dont understand the charges which one is mother and child, just womanly delivery why the seperate bills..and is that money all inclusive of doctor and every...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
I paid $550 for d 3 tests I did pap smear, glucose and HIV. Yea d $234 is d discounted pediatrician bill.

Flowers:
@damsel020: Hello kindly tell me how much you paid for lab tests and the tests that were accepted from you by Dr. Fagbohun. Also the $234 you paid for Paed was it discounted or the normal fee charged? Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
dinawe:

I ain't no marketer am sure u all know that, just an expression of how i feel.
Dinawe like some NL boys will say, Pictures or ADONBILIVIT. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tvegas:

U sabi find trouble eh. But I wouldnt mind pictures o. Chief, my visa appointment letter said one of the ds160 nos cannot be confirmed. What does it imply please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tvegas:

Ok, i can't be that jobless and stupid to lie about ppls's babies and testimonies. But if i post ur babies pics online without ur permission will u like it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
dinawe:

Ok, i can't be that jobless and stupid to lie about ppls's babies and testimonies. But if i post ur babies pics online without ur permission will u like it.
You can't take a joke? Just dey use torchlight find your trouble . Anyways PICTURES OR A STILL DON'T BILIV IT. tongue cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
raii:

U sabi find trouble eh. But I wouldnt mind pictures o. Chief, my visa appointment letter said one of the ds160 nos cannot be confirmed. What does it imply please?
grin Don't mind me, some days can be very boring. I don't really understand the question about DS160 but if it's like you updated your record on DS160 you don't need to edit anything on your appointment. Print the new DS160 confirmation and present it at the interview. We await your testimony.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tvegas:
grin Don't mind me, some days can be very boring. I don't really understand the question about DS160 but if it's like you updated your record on DS160 you don't need to edit anything on your appointment. Print the new DS160 confirmation and present it at the interview. We await your testimony.

Yes I updated the form. Thanks Chief.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
I am a tad confused. I tried preparing two spreadsheets for whmc and mihs(based on the old price) each. With whmc, id be staying with family while mihs id be renting.

Can some one please help me with the average flight costs+accommodation for houston and phoenix please? To me, whmc seems a better option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
@dinawe: Thanks. Yes oooo....She is coping at Elapso...na me dey hear am....haa...i just dey wait to hear the good news and off i go....It is well ooo House is so silent. enjoy dear....God is with you always
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pmama: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi people
Thanks for all your info I am due Feb. 2015 anybody want to hook up? Fine I have Elpaso and Arizona in mind but I will really prefer Atlanta, any body headed to Atlanta next year please which hospital are you using and what is the cost? I have tried to contact two mums that are currently in Atlanta but I guess thay are busy with babies. Please let’s hook up if you are due in Feb.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
damsel020:
I paid $550 for d 3 tests I did pap smear, glucose and HIV. Yea d $234 is d discounted pediatrician bill.

Hi dear, that's a lot for 3 tests 92,950 naira. That means you did the Rubella titer in Nig. I'll try and do as many as I can and leave just the ones for 37 weeks which will be done there. How long did it take u to process your documents and any other tips to make staying in Houston comfortable? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
damsel020:
@jaysmom how is ur LO? Please just a quick one, i had my baby on Tuesday at Oakbend. But my concern now is paying for the pathology and the epidural, who did you contact to make this payment or did they contact you?

Hello,congrats on ur baby. Pls i ll like u to share with the house how u are going about processing baby's docs,most especially the notarization aspect. Did u sign from Nig or ur husband sent it thru courier? Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hello Raii, the email is records@saintnicholashospital.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 6:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
dinawe:

News update. 5 deliveries last week (one VBAC), one this week (so far). 3 departures and 1 arrival. grin
Will be joining soon, can't wait...excited much about the VBAC. God will sure make all things beautiful for all of us...
Pls are u staying at cross land? Can u say anything about this Ocotillo village? I am looking at staying there..Pls kindly respond..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi.. Will like to know if you are presently there or not? Also, the quoted price, is it inclusive of all utility bills? I reckon that wifi is not available, any other we should know of? Thanks..
Dammiecouture:
yes it's true u need someone with SSN to book for u. My uncle signed for me but i'll ask ask dem @ their office in d morning if u can book thru me since am a staying there nd they av my uncles SSN.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
Help!!! SOS
Pls I am filling my DS-160 form, I thought there is a place where you can enter additional comment? I have finished answering the security questions den the next thing was review followed by sign and submit, I just saved it to ask this question. Pls is there a place meant for additional comment? Then while filling the form on the page for work info I saw monthly income so I put my salary plus all allowances, then on review the question asked was monthly salary (replacing monthly income as earlier stated on the form) should I leave the figure I put or just jeje put my salary as stated on my pay slip? Biko nu help me out
Phema!!! Tvegas!!! Bloggerina et al ngwa nu, e joor undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
bloggerina:
Hello Raii, the email is records@saintnicholashospital.com

thank you Blogerina. I got copied of the records already.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 6:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi @Pmama I'll be heading to Atlanta 1st week in December by God's Grace, due in Jan. You can find the summary of the hospital I intend to use along with costs on thread page 150 cheesy

Pmama:
Hi people
Thanks for all your info I am due Feb. 2015 anybody want to hook up? Fine I have Elpaso and Arizona in mind but I will really prefer Atlanta, any body headed to Atlanta next year please which hospital are you using and what is the cost? I have tried to contact two mums that are currently in Atlanta but I guess thay are busy with babies. Please let’s hook up if you are due in Feb.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Pls can someone help me out with my questions. Pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 8:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
Just got into Phoenix today via Houston as POE using United Airlines. Thank God d POE was over smooth. D guy stamped me in for 11months ooo 9/9/2015 after abt 2minutes o!

CBP: hi, how are u?
Me: i'm fine, thank u. (big smile)
CBP: what brings u here?
Me: i'm taking a break to have my baby
CBP: huh? (didn't hear me)
Me: i'm pregnant, I want to have my baby here.
CBP: chuckles. Ok place ur right 4 fingers here. What do u do?
Me: i'm a xyz
CBP: how long will u be staying for?
Me: 10weeks.
CBP: stamps me in for dat 11mths. U av anything to declare?
Me: I have more than 10,000dollars on d form.
CBP: ok, stamps my customs form n says best of luck. Bye.

Picked my baggage. At exit, showed dem d declaration form, they took me in for secondary inspection to see d cash. D second guy called someone on d fone n I Hrd dem talking about my previous US trip n some background checks I guess. Came back after 5min, asked to see d money. I showed him. He didn't count. Asked what I do for a living, I answered. He gave me back my passport n said have a safe trip. They didn't even bother abt food stuff sef. Nobody looked at even 1 single document wey I pack full bag o! I'm indeed grateful to God ooo!

So phoenix mamas I dey extended stay america ooo! Really nice place. Who else is here ooo! I'm hungry for starters! Lol

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hi all, sorry for just commenting after the birth of my wonderful baby boy tru CS, but thank God im alright now. I had him on the 3rd of September at Del Sol Medical Center here in El paso. I've collected all my baby's docs, we're just chilling till its time to go back to Nigeria. Delta airline wants me to pay 600USD for a non sitting infant, imagine oo. Pls Jaysmom or any other El paso mom who flew using Delta Airline should pls advise on what to do. I heard I can pay 100USD ish at d Atlanta airport on d day of travel, but I'll pay 25USD for his 20lbs luggage from El paso to Atlanta. I'll be looking forward to a wonderful response ooo.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2014
twizzie:

Will be joining soon, can't wait...excited much about the VBAC. God will sure make all things beautiful for all of us...
Pls are u staying at cross land? Can u say anything about this Ocotillo village? I am looking at staying there..Pls kindly respond..

Hi. I am at crosslands. Had never heard of Ocotillo village until you mentioned it. So i checked them out online and gave them a call as well. Their studio furnished rooms is $420 for week one (arrival week), then $189 every other week. So it's like $987 for a month (approx N167,790). Which is not bad seeing that they have a pool (that's if you love swimming), and can quicken labour as well. grin.

So it's up to you to decide. When are you coming in?

Wish you the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
oh thanks...appreciate your effort...I already called as well. Funny though, the quote I got about 2 hours ago 312.19 for the first week and 189.74 for subsequent weeks.I just hope they aren't reviewing their prices too o.. checking google map, its quite close to the hospital..
Next week Sunday hopefully, just chilling in NJ with family...
dinawe:

Hi. I am at crosslands. Had never heard of Ocotillo village until you mentioned it. So i checked them out online and gave them a call as well. Their studio furnished rooms is $420 for week one (arrival week), then $189 every other week. So it's like $987 for a month (approx N167,790). Which is not bad seeing that they have a pool (that's if you love swimming), and can quicken labour as well. grin.

So it's up to you to decide. When are you coming in?

Wish you the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 10:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
twizzie:
oh thanks...appreciate your effort...I already called as well. Funny though, the quote I got about 2 hours ago 312.19 for the first week and 189.74 for subsequent weeks.I just hope they aren't reviewing their prices too o.. checking google map, its quite close to the hospital..
Next week Sunday hopefully, just chilling in NJ with family...

Can u imagine this ppl. With the price you got, i might move there as well, my stay here expires on the 16th, might move, but will go there later and check the state of their rooms cos what i see online is not so fantastic. Currently am paying 1,330 per month so it's obviously a better deal.

See ya when you come.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 10:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
From crosslands to ocotillo is just 4 mins on the bus. Quite close. 48th and 41st street respectively.
From ocotillo to the hospital is like 50 mins (on bus).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 1:44am On Oct 11, 2014
Please can anyone help with the link for the nigeria embassy, i dont understand what am seeing, need to cross check what am working with. plsssssssssssss its urgent need to apply for babys visa tomorrow morning unfailing. And pls if you know how long will it take to get the visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 6:20am On Oct 11, 2014
woaini:
Help!!! SOS
Pls I am filling my DS-160 form, I thought there is a place where you can enter additional comment? I have finished answering the security questions den the next thing was review followed by sign and submit, I just saved it to ask this question. Pls is there a place meant for additional comment? Then while filling the form on the page for work info I saw monthly income so I put my salary plus all allowances, then on review the question asked was monthly salary (replacing monthly income as earlier stated on the form) should I leave the figure I put or just jeje put my salary as stated on my pay slip? Biko nu help me out
Phema!!! Tvegas!!! Bloggerina et al ngwa nu, e joor undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:27am On Oct 11, 2014
Good morning is there any APRIL- MAY 2015 mummy in the house

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.