Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380451 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2014
miri7b5N:
Hi all, sorry for just commenting after the birth of my wonderful baby boy tru CS, but thank God im alright now. I had him on the 3rd of September at Del Sol Medical Center here in El paso. I've collected all my baby's docs, we're just chilling till its time to go back to Nigeria. Delta airline wants me to pay 600USD for a non sitting infant, imagine oo. Pls Jaysmom or any other El paso mom who flew using Delta Airline should pls advise on what to do. I heard I can pay 100USD ish at d Atlanta airport on d day of travel, but I'll pay 25USD for his 20lbs luggage from El paso to Atlanta. I'll be looking forward to a wonderful response ooo.

Hello,congrats on ur baby. Pls i ll like u to share with the house how u went about processing ur baby's docs,most especially the notarization aspect. Did u sign from Nig or ur husband sent it thru courier? Thank u

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adconline(m): 9:38am On Oct 11, 2014
Tomorron someone is going to start a topic saying that Naija is better than US and all Nigerian immigrants are suffering.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 9:40am On Oct 11, 2014
woaini:
Pls is there a place meant for additional comment? Then while filling the form on the page for work info I saw monthly income so I put my salary plus all allowances, then on review the question asked was monthly salary (replacing monthly income as earlier stated on the form) should I leave the figure I put or just jeje put my salary as stated on my pay slip? Biko nu help me out
Phema!!! Tvegas!!! Bloggerina et al ngwa nu, e joor undecided
To answer question 1. The USA leaves little room for additional comment , you have to be precise with your answers . Hit the nail on the head because there is no room for explanation. The Canadian and UK consulate even gives you an extra sheet to do this, america needs improvement in this area.

To answer Question 2 on Income. What the consulate expect is an average of your yearly income and not necessarily your monthly take home which may be small. So do a summary of all income per annum and divide it by 12, input the figure for One of the months. For example if you work in GTBank but have a car wash business by the side,is it wise to enter only the monthly salary from gtb? No. As far as you can explain the income stated on your form , the amount on the payslip isn't top priority. Mind you I didn't use payslip at my interview.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 11, 2014
adconline:
Tomorron someone is going to start a topic saying that Naija is better than US and all Nigerian immigrants are suffering.

How dat one con take consign dis thread na?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2014
@tvegas, where have u been?. Thank you so much I deeply appreciate your response. Now let me complete my application and prepare for my interview. *burden of proof on my mind wink @ iya olode of burden of proof, phema* grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alubosa: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2014
adconline:

Chairmo! Nor vex, park well e be like say u don miss road! undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2014
woaini:
@tvegas, where have u been?. Thank you so much I deeply appreciate your response. Now let me complete my application and prepare for my interview. *burden of proof on my mind wink @ iya olode of burden of proof, phema* grin
Lol , you didn't find me well naa. Hope you know I be iyalode secretary , all appointments goes through me. Wish you the best at your interview.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2014
Hello house, ma visa interview was successful;
VO: gud morning
Me: Gud morning
VO: hv u travelled out of d country
Me: No
VO: where r u goin to in d US?
Me: Elpaso, Texas
VO: U r goin 4 childbirth right?
Me: yes
VO: hv u paid any bills?
Me: yes (gave her ma email correspondence and invoice of payment) also letter of responsibility
VO: where do u wrk and how much do u earn monthly?
ME: xyz and 123
VO: what do u do 4 d company
Me: work as......
VO: what does ur hubby do, hw much he earns, what he does 4 d company?
ME: xyz.....
VO: who will take care of ur son while u birth ur second child?
ME: hubby but I also made provision 4 nanny services
VO: how long r u stayn in d US
ME: 3 months. Ma maternity leave ends after 3 months
VO: ok dats gud. Cos u'll need help.
Thumb prints and says pick up ur visa @ dis location. Hv a nice day.
Me: thank u
Lesson: I tink she loved d idea I came out straight wit d childbirth stuff. Also note: I went with ma toddler. I also tin doctoresparati is a household name there bt she didn't raise any brow or say anytin negative. I tink she even felt more comfortable wit d place

Thank u all 4 ur help. Most of all God's grace

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 11:25am On Oct 11, 2014
good one! *places a marketing scanner over her mouth*.....ahh!! Result: Denotative marketing symptoms detected in last sentence. grin
pattyreal:
VO: gud morning
Me: Gud morning
VO: hv u travelled out of d country
Me: No
VO: where r u goin to in d US?
Me: Elpaso, Texas
VO: U r goin 4 childbirth right?
Me: yes
VO: hv u paid any bills?
Me: yes (gave her ma email correspondence and invoice of payment) also letter of responsibility
VO: where do u wrk and how much do u earn monthly?
ME: xyz and 123
VO: what do u do 4 d company
Me: work as......
VO: what does ur hubby do, hw much he earns, what he does 4 d company?
ME: xyz.....
VO: who will take care of ur son while u birth ur second child?
ME: hubby but I also made provision 4 nanny services
VO: how long r u stayn in d US
ME: 3 months. Ma maternity leave ends after 3 months
VO: ok dats gud. Cos u'll need help.
Thumb prints and says pick up ur visa @ dis location. Hv a nice day.
Me: thank u
Lesson: I tink she loved d idea I came out straight wit d childbirth stuff. Also note: I went with ma toddler. I also tin doctoresparati is a household name there bt she didn't raise any brow or say anytin negative. I tink she even felt more comfortable wit d place

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2014
Heart2heart:
good one! *places a marketing scanner over her mouth*.....ahh!! Result: Denotative marketing symptoms detected in last sentence. grin

Well if u say dat no wahala! Bt I was only referring 2 d way peeps said doctoresparati was raisn eye brows @ d embassy. Mayb dey hv researched d place well & seen dat dey r genuine. I may end up not using dem if I get a bettr option cos ma EDD still far. I used dem b4 I started gettn bettr options soooo i'm nt a marketer. If u click on ma name I tink u'll knw dat I hv oda options like MIHS and odas. We'll watch out 4 ma place of delivery soon: den u can judge
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 11:40am On Oct 11, 2014
u suppose know joke nah.....
pattyreal:

Well if u say dat no wahala! Bt I was only referring 2 d way peeps said doctoresparati was raisn eye brows @ d embassy. Mayb dey hv researched d place well & seen dat dey r genuine. I may end up not using dem if I get a bettr option cos ma EDD still far. I used dem b4 I started gettn bettr options soooo i'm nt a marketer. If u click on ma name I tink u'll knw dat I hv oda options like MIHS and odas. We'll watch out 4 ma place of delivery soon: den u can judge

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2014
pattyreal:
Congrats madam, i wish you safe delivery. We applied for our visa using same organisation, its their marketers that wants to give them a bad name here by playing with our head but i guess that issue is sorted.
Heart2heart:
Lol, You are looking for palava and i pray you dont find it. At least She didnt thrash any hospital.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:44am On Oct 11, 2014
Heart2heart:
u suppose know joke nah.....

No probs just tryn 2 prove a point as u did urs wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2014
woaini:

No vex say I no answer you ooo. Tvegas nailed it. No need for repetition.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2014
@Heart2Heart: It is called subliminal marketing! Where the advertising message is passed without you been aware of it except you watch or listen carefully. Congrats all the same.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2014
dinawe:
Ok, i can't be that jobless and stupid to lie about ppls's babies and testimonies. But if i post ur babies pics online without ur permission will u like it.

Chei! Pregnancy hormone bad ooo. Sotey u no fit recognise joke again. Easy babe. Na joke he dey grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Phema:
Chei! Pregnancy hormone bad ooo. Sotey u no fit recognise joke again. Easy babe. Na joke he dey grin
Dont mind her o. Whether i be her neighbor for crossland where she dey collect salt or her cab driver wey dey carry her go Maricopa,she no sabi? . grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
Tvegas:
Dont mind her o. Whether i be her neighbor for crossland where she dey collect salt or her cab driver wey dey carry her go Maricopa,she no sabi? . grin grin grin

No take am to heart jare. Pregnancy fit cause plenty things. grin grin

The kain lower back ache I had yesterday eeeehhhh, hubby saw a different side of me. lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
raii:
I am a tad confused. I tried preparing two spreadsheets for whmc and mihs(based on the old WHMC) each. With whmc, id be staying with family while mihs id be renting.

Can some one please help me with the average flight costs+accommodation for houston and phoenix please? To me, whmc seems a better option.

Is the spread sheet for interview purposes? If yes, please go with WHMC. Truth is, MIHS does not have good correspondence and Dr's appointment. These two are very important for interview. Some people may have been granted visas with the MIHS documentation, but the chances are not fantastic.

As for where you really want to go; it's totally up to you. If you have close family in Houston, you may as well stick with WHMC. Cos the accommodation cost, feeding, transportation and flight to Phoenix will make up the difference for the higher hospital bill at WHMC. And you have the advantage of having family around which is invaluable.

The flight fares to both destinations depend on your itinerary. Houston is usually about #40-50k cheaper though.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
dinawe:
Can u imagine this ppl. With the price you got, i might move there as well, my stay here expires on the 16th, might move, but will go there later and check the state of their rooms cos what i see online is not so fantastic. Currently am paying 1,330 per month so it's obviously a better deal.

How come you're paying that much? Is it one bedroom?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrincessMum: 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
damsel020:
Please can anyone help with the link for the nigeria embassy, i dont understand what am seeing, need to cross check what am working with. plsssssssssssss its urgent need to apply for babys visa tomorrow morning unfailing. And pls if you know how long will it take to get the visa.

@Damsel020:
I got this info here during my research sometime ago and copied it, mayb you can check it out

"Applying for naija vis is pretty easy, you really dont need to use an agent. It would cost you about $250 each if you apply yourself. I wonder how much your agent is demanding for.
Once the birth cert is ready, make a copy and go to SW Global LLC website if you have internet access. Follow the instructions carefully and you should be fine. I believe you will need the following for your babies' visa application -
2 passport photos each,
birth cert,
parents naija passport photocpy of bio data page,
money order of the required amount (you can buy this from your nearest post office),
self-addressed overnight postage envelope (you can also buy this from your nearest post office),
payment slip
confirmations slip
a simple letter stating that you want to apply for your babies' naija visa

Thats what I can remember for now sha. please note that since you have twins, you will need to arrange all these per child so your cost should be about $500 to $550. remember to pay for expedited processing o. The whole thing should take you just one week or thereabout. You can check SW Global website and Nigeria Immigration Services website sha. If you read and follow the instructions you'll be fine. Most poeple sse agents only when they dont have internet access or they just dont want to bother applying themselves. Its pretty easy sha."

Hope it helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yabilalz: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Anyone is booked at doctoresparti during Decembet end and January. I am also planning with my wife but looking for some company.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
yabilalz:
Anyone is booked at doctoresparti during Decembet end and January. I am also planning with my wife but looking for some company.

I'm going there in January.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
Phema:

Is the spread sheet for interview purposes? If yes, please go with WHMC. Truth is, MIHS does not have good correspondence and Dr's appointment. These two are very important for interview. Some people may have been granted visas with the MIHS documentation, but the chances are not fantastic.

As for where you really want to go; it's totally up to you. If you have close family in Houston, you may as well stick with WHMC. Cos the accommodation cost, feeding, transportation and flight to Phoenix will make up the difference for the higher hospital bill at WHMC. And you have the advantage of having family around which is invaluable.

The flight fares to both destinations depend on your itinerary. Houston is usually about #40-50k cheaper though.

Na for interview o. I plan to use WHMC for the interview. Thanks for the breakdown.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adconline(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
Phema:

How dat one con take consign dis thread na?
Hypocrisy of Nigerian elite to mislead average folks or uninformed mentality of average NLer who has not crossed Seme border.
This page has generated over 180 pages.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello Raii,
Phema has answered your questions precisely. Those are the things I wanted to tell you too. However, when it all comes down to making your decision, pls be sure that the "family" you have in houston will really be available to assist you when you deliver. Also, you will most likely have to give them some money while you are there for groceries, utility etc. Some "family members" have been known to bcom crancky and uncomfortable when you stay with them for long because your presence in their house will cost them money one way or the other. US pple are not as accomodating as we are in Naija, especially for long stays like childbirth (10-12weeks).
In then end, like Phema said, use WHMC for your visa interview (because you'll have doctor's correspondence to present) but maybe you should just go to MIHS when you are ready, rent your own accomodation and live comfortably without inconveniencing anyone and be in control of your spending& bills. Hope you get my drift?

For flight ticket costs, it varies per airline, you'll have to check online and do that homework yourself. It all depends on the airline, period of travel, sale/promo times etc.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
adconline:

Hypocrisy of Nigerian elite to mislead average folks or uninformed mentality of average NLer who has not crossed Seme border.
This page has generated over 180 pages.

Huh?

I will pass biko. . . grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
bloggerina:
Hello Raii,
Phema has answered your questions precisely. Those are the things I wanted to tell you too. However, when it all comes down to making your decision, pls be sure that the "family" you have in houston will really be available to assist you when you deliver. Also, you will most likely have to give them some money while you are there for groceries, utility etc. Some "family members" have been known to bcom crancky and uncomfortable when you stay with them for long because your presence in their house will cost them money one way or the other. US pple are not as accomodating as we are in Naija, especially for long stays like childbirth (10-12weeks).
In then end, like Phema said, use WHMC for your visa interview (because you'll have doctor's correspondence to present) but maybe you should just go to MIHS when you are ready, rent your own accomodation and live comfortably without inconveniencing anyone and be in control of your spending& bills. Hope you get my drift?

For flight ticket costs, it varies per airline, you'll have to check online and do that homework yourself. It all depends on the airline, period of travel, sale/promo times etc.
Cheers

Thanks Blogerina. You have opened my eyes. Id be going with my mom n Plan to stay with her brother. The thought of being in the same US and her not seeing him na war o that is why i was looking at WHMC. So if I decide on MIHS. Id prob stop over at Houston then onward Phoenix.

I know the whole family brouhaha very well. Thank you ma.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
Bloggerina nailed it. I'm not a fan of staying with family for a long time, except very immediate family (parents and siblings). But with extended family; its always all lovey dovey in the beginning, but midway till the end? Na another story. You practically become a "burden" to them. And anything you do will be misread. There are exceptions anyways.

I prefer to play safe though. I will rather stay in a studio apartment all by myself than stay in a mansion with extended family. I love my peace and tranquility. I like doing my thing, when and how I want it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
adconline:
Hypocrisy of Nigerian elite to mislead average folks or uninformed mentality of average NLer who has not crossed Seme border.This page has generated over 180 pages.
Are you writing a thesis or something similar?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2014
Tvegas:
Are you writing a thesis or something similar?

Love your response the tvegas. I think he needs re direction. This blog title is open to interested parties. If he can't get along with the theme he should do a u turn.

But before we get drawn into his secret agenda and derail the thread please our just wise be on the lookout we have a detractor here and need your help to erase all negative replies or response I forsee coming from him.

That said I am bored. How can one cope with boredom ? I am tired of eating sleeping and watching TV. Urrgh!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
Sweet mummy Tvegas and Phema: Please can you solve this puzzle for MIHS-bound parents. Two people have asked me and i too need to know, but fear of asking here and getting scolds made some not to ask. But here i boldly ask. Make una no kill me abeg oh!!. Kindly give us simple steps on how to get the baby's nigeria passport and visa after delivery at MIHS. Just the steps to follow. God bless you with quadruplets. Amen!! This question has been clearly dissected for elpaso people. Abeg, i plead in my most humble voice. Help us here, we are lost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.