Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381943 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hi @treasuredkid, just saw your message. With regards to your questions:

1. Gwinnett Medical Centre in Lawrenceville, Atlanta - check out my posts on pages 100 and 150 for all the information I have regarding the Doctor and Hospital costs

2. I got my visa through a drop-box renewal and didn't attend an interview so I personally can't tell you much. But generally on this thread, people are advised to apply for the visa and declare intentions to the embassy, basically do not lie, tell them the truth and go prepared with all relevant docs including doctor / hospital correspondence showing costs etc. You also need to prove to the VO that you can afford the costs and prove that you have strong-ties back here in Nigeria so that they do not think you plan to run away and get 'stuck' in the US.

If you can read through the thread, you will find many posts from people who applied and attended the interview while pregnant and how they went about it. Also look through @Phema's posts for her famous 'burden of proof' that you can take to the embassy

Hope this helps.

treasuredkid:

Hello, I have been trying to send you a pm but it's not working. I'm 22 weeks gone and my EDD is in March 2015 and hubby just informed me that he wants me to deliver in US. Already made arrangement for to stay with a family in Atlanta.
Kindly advice me on
1. Hospital to use/Cost
2. How to apply for a visa because my tommy is already big
expecting your reply ma'am
thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by treasuredkid: 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sure it does but how do I contact the hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
Send an e-mail to pricequote@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org

I would also advise you google the hospital and check out their website for other basic information on their services.

As for Dr. Soyoola, send him an e-mail at olancomprehensive@gmail.com

I don't have the contact details for Dr. Oduro but I know it's somewhere on this thread so you can try doing a search

treasuredkid:
Sure it does but how do I contact the hospital?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 1:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hello ppl,quick one pls. Is it possible for somebody to use a church marriage cert at the US embassy for interview and also at the POE? Pls Note that the person did not do any form of registry wedding,just a small church wedding and was given the church cert.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
treasuredkid:

Hello, I have been trying to send you a pm but it's not working. I'm 22 weeks gone and my EDD is in March 2015 and hubby just informed me that he wants me to deliver in US. Already made arrangement for to stay with a family in Atlanta.

Kindly advice me on
1. Hospital to use/Cost
2. How to apply for a visa because my tommy is already big

expecting your reply ma'am
thank you

I would advice you to read through the thread, if you have the time though, you would get loads of information about applying for visa, hospitals and doctors, you would read POE stories and get prepared, Tips on how to go about dealing with the doctors and nurses, and how to process your babies documents, shopping and getting your babies return ticket. you would be glad you did, Trust me..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by treasuredkid: 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
GenoMI:
Send an e-mail to pricequote@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org

I would also advise you google the hospital and check out their website for other basic information on their services.

As for Dr. Soyoola, send him an e-mail at olancomprehensive@gmail.com

I don't have the contact details for Dr. Oduro but I know it's somewhere on this thread so you can try doing a search

Thanks, I just sent a mail to the hospital and Dr Soyoola, expecting their response.
I am also on the website. thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
@ treasuredKid, Under my notes for Gwinnett medical center, i have this number OB-GYN: 678-312-500( maybe you can get a doctor through it), I dint even know Gwinnett was in Atlanta, lol, Thanks GenoMI, let me Update my notes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by treasuredkid: 3:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thank you @Kizluv, the family am supposed to stay with in Atlanta just sent a message that I shouldn't use Gwinnett but rather use Southern Regional Medical Center
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by treasuredkid: 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
I just received a reply from Southern Regional Hospital, please find it below:

We do not have OB packages including physician care, but the hospital cost is:

There is a package for the delivery of the newborn:
- Normal delivery $6,500
- C Section $10,000

Both packages do not include anesthesia charges or obstetrician charges (OB).

Thanks,
Sue Nemchik

Sue Nemchik, Director
Risk Management

Southern Regional Medical Center
11 Upper Riverdale Road SW
Riverdale, GA 30274
770-991-8394
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wow. This is a bit on the high side, unless of course it's within your budget. You may also want to ask them if they offer discounts to cash paying patients i.e. tell them you will not be using insurance.

treasuredkid:
I just received a reply from Southern Regional Hospital, please find it below:

We do not have OB packages including physician care, but the hospital cost is:

There is a package for the delivery of the newborn:
- Normal delivery $6,500
- C Section $10,000

Both packages do not include anesthesia charges or obstetrician charges (OB).

Thanks,
Sue Nemchik

Sue Nemchik, Director
Risk Management

Southern Regional Medical Center
11 Upper Riverdale Road SW
Riverdale, GA 30274
770-991-8394
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heliano(f): 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
Why don't you try philadelphia, the cost is much cheaper

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by treasuredkid: 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
it's way higher than my budget oh. Am even using Atlanta because I have free accommodation there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
So why don't you want to consider Gwinnett? It's much cheaper...

treasuredkid:
it's way higher than my budget oh. Am even using Atlanta because I have free accommodation there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
bims87:
Hello ppl,quick one pls. Is it possible for somebody to use a church marriage cert at the US embassy for interview and also at the POE? Pls Note that the person did not do any form of registry wedding,just a small church wedding and was given the church cert.

Can someone pls answer my question? Gurus in the house, Abeg o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
bims87:

Can someone pls answer my question? Gurus in the house, Abeg o

You can use a church wedding certificate as long as your church is registered with the federal marriage registry under ministry of interior,it's the same certificate you get.most orthodox churches are registered(if not all) while just a few Pentecostal churches are. I did both church and registry(federal) both certificates are the same. So if your church marriage certificate has the federal republic of Nigeria on one side and the ministry of interior on the other with marriage act + coat of arms in the middle, you can use it, if other wise am not sure, except if it's a local government marriage registry certificate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by treasuredkid: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2014
GenoMI:
So why don't you want to consider Gwinnett? It's much cheaper...

Gwinnett would have been the best option but the family in Atlanta said its 50mins drive with no traffic from their house. That's a whole journey for a big belle woman
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2014
Heliano:
The cost of delivery in Delware is 7500 which includes the gyn fees too, hmmm, pls what is it about Philly not being a good POE abegii any experience to share abeg I will be leaving in 2 weeks time

Please dear, i need more info, I contacted Delaware, they said 10k and 20k for naturals and CS respectively , also said there have a program for 1k VD and 2k CS, but that i would have to be in the program to access those cheap rates. they didnt give info on how i can be part of the prog. If i cant get hospitals in Springfields, MA ( getting quotes of 5k for OBGYN and 10k for hospitals, as if na seed i dai take grow money). Please help a fellow preggo here, thank you so much...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 10:59am On Nov 04, 2014
Hi treasure!you could consider other affordable hospitals like Emory midtown,and it may be closer to your folks and they also have a maternity package of less than 5500usd and it's a reputable hospital. Try and go through jaejae's posts somewhere on this thread where she gave a list of hospitals and doctors in atlanta area with their price quotes. All the best!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 11:00am On Nov 04, 2014
Info I have gathered so far on Chicago...

If you are here early enough in your preg, you prenatal care will be managed by the nearest health center to you, since it is a lot cheaper. When you are almost due, or you have issues, you will be referred to a hospital in your county.
So far, Cook County Hosp is a government hospital and is quite affordable, I haven't gone there yet to get the prices.
But St. Joseph is a Catholic Charity Hosp that is also quite cheap. Natural birth is about $4000, and CS is about $5500 if you are paying cash.
There is also an opportunity for a payment plan, bt I think the price becomes higher like that.
I will be using the community health center for my postpartum check up (how time flies, it's already 7 weeks!), it will cost me $75.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2014
Please does anyone have info on hospitals in pittsburg area, around grove city to be precise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2014

treasured

That Dr does not want their details published here, the last time someone did that I recieved a complain email.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
Where has everybody gone? The forum is really quiet....just trickles of posts.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
Where are all mothers here, the forum is so quiet, Where is Raii? What's the latest update about your interview or you don't want to apply again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
I am not surprised that the thread is quiet.Its really tiring seeing so much repetition and the moment someone decides to inform people to start from page 1 and not from page 200 and something,some people think its rude and advice that it's best to keep them quiet. Groundnut eaters,please pass me some abeg cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
Everybody is doing research and no one want to ask question anymore, scared of the groundnut eaters lol...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
*Now sharing bottles of groundnut and cans of coke. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Basheerah1: 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hello nefertitiram. Thanks so much for this information. I sent a mail to presence saint joseph hospital as well. I got a quote of $4500/$6000 for vaginal and cs respectively which covers hospital stay, drugs used related to pregnancy, all lab works, circumcision and epidural but it does not include obstetrician, paediatrician or aneasthesiologist fee.

Got another from saint mary and Elizabeth medical centre for $3500/$5500 for vaginal and cs respectively. Covers only delivery hospital stay but not obsterician, paediatrician nor aneasthesiologist fees

nefertitiram:
Info I have gathered so far on Chicago...

If you are here early enough in your preg, you prenatal care will be managed by the nearest health center to you, since it is a lot cheaper. When you are almost due, or you have issues, you will be referred to a hospital in your county.
So far, Cook County Hosp is a government hospital and is quite affordable, I haven't gone there yet to get the prices.
But St. Joseph is a Catholic Charity Hosp that is also quite cheap. Natural birth is about $4000, and CS is about $5500 if you are paying cash.
There is also an opportunity for a payment plan, bt I think the price becomes higher like that.
I will be using the community health center for my postpartum check up (how time flies, it's already 7 weeks!), it will cost me $75.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MiddyO(f): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
My people please help! How do I cancel my reservation at Ramada Hotel? Since baby project has been postponed till further notice? I have searched my reservation mail thoroughly and there's no email address o it. I have called them twice now and the lady just keeps quiet when I say i want to cancel.Please help before they deduct from my card. Many thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 1:10am On Nov 05, 2014
MiddyO:
My people please help! How do I cancel my reservation at Ramada Hotel? Since baby project has been postponed till further notice? I have searched my reservation mail thoroughly and there's no email address o it. I have called them twice now and the lady just keeps quiet when I say i want to cancel.Please help before they deduct from my card. Many thanks!

Which site did you book it on or did you call in to make the reservation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.