Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380984 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
LOL.

So VISA no dey guarantee entry again and to make it worse, awon promo tickets don help them direct their traffic to Houston for proper check. This people will not kill somebody with laughter.

Please, again, if you are yet to apply, declare your pregnancy. If you have applied before getting preggos, inform the embassy and get a response.

If we do everything right, God will sort the rest.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Meeracle: 3:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
Someone has gone tru ur phone and she is holding it and asking you...how did u get ur dr...I did a research...through where ?google and where?when she already knows the answer...what do you do at that point...my bad for calling nairaland oh...I just wanted pple here to delete any information in case it gets to that point...make una no vex..sorry sorry sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ahh, promo ticket POE na Atlanta oo grin grin grin

MerryMom:
LOL.

So VISA no dey guarantee entry again and to make it worse, awon promo tickets don help them direct their traffic to Houston for proper check. This people will not kill somebody with laughter.

Please, again, if you are yet to apply, declare your pregnancy. If you have applied before getting preggos, inform the embassy and get a response.

If we do everything right, God will sort the rest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
LOl.

All join.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=PrinceAdeAde post=27578640]@shelly23,

I hear you but I would really be interested if any one with a connecting flight can share their experiences as the ones I have seen so far on this forum are experiences of final stop POE.

well, I have never taken a direct flight to the USA, the 2 times I went this year, I took BA and spent a week in UK before going to US and my point of entry is always in Baltimore cos it is stress-free, ve never spent more than 2 mins in the question and answer point b4 maybe cos of the kids or cos I visit often but am not sure how it would be with big belly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
@Kykes and @ MadameU Tanx. I have gotten a response from Dr Fagbohun and I guess I will just use him for d visa interview. I appreciate u all. Tanx once more @PrinceAdeAde
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=Neoski post=27583622]@virtousDiva hi,are u traveling around January
Yes I am.check your pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
hiya all... pele for all the people with poe issues oo.... quick update for Atlanta people.. to God be the glory, i had my baby about 10 days ago at gwinnett. service was lovely. most of the nurses were extremely helpful. can't say much about Dr. Oduros service because by the time he showed up, i was so far gone, it could have been a circus monkey down there and i wont have known the diff....
bill came about 2 days ago. 4165 for me and 1100 for baby. with 40% discount, i'll end up paying about 3k2 or so.... with doctors fees, everything comes to less than 6k.
note
1. i didnt use any pain meds and didn't have any complications so got the lowest basic price. the extra 165 on top was blood test and vaccination
2. be sure to keep calling to ask for bill. they said mine would be ready in 2 weeks but i called almost everyday and got it in less than 8 days
3. same thing with birth certificate... they said go to courthouse on thursday but i went monday and it was ready (had baby on fri). it doesnt hurt to check
can't think of anything else...

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
Congrats ogonnan, its good to hear this in the midst of all these POE tinz. May God bless and keep your little one and the entire family.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
Congrats ogonnan. So happy for you. GOD bless the baby with favour , joy, prosperity, divine health, long life and lots of love.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ispecial: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello Peoplezz,
Tot to share my POE experience.(Atlanta POE, Houston final destination)
Flew Delta..was with my son and he was quite a handful (met a nairalander with her hubby, av forgotten her name, but shes using Dr Fagbohun and Oakbend as well..please holla if you read this)
First officer: A chinko looking guy
Me: Hellooooo (with a smile)
Officer: Hello Madam, how are you? (exchanged pleasantries)
Me: hey baby, say hello to the officer..lol (and he smiles at my son)
the usual what are you here for and response was baby delivery/vacation. where is your husband?, he'll join us next week..how much cash do you have on you? I said 10k
officer: no problem at all once you have your money, asked that I thumbprint and I was free to go (everything was like 5mins)
I was thanking my stars, went to pick my bag and was on my way out.
At the final stop just 10 steps away from exit ooo, the lady who took the customs slip from me dint look friendly at all despite pasted smile..
Lady: how much do you have on you? I said 10k...please go to the bla bla room and request for a sth sth form.. sh**t..(in my mind am like oooooo...which kain delay be this)..she hands me a blue folder
So I got to the secondary inspection room and saw drama..a guy and his mum were about to be sent back and he was frantically explaining himself... anyway, I think they were unsuccessful..kai, they looked helpless (back to my story)
Officer: hello madam, how much do you have on you? I said 10k. where is your money? can I have your bag? searches my bag and purse thoooooroughly and we go into the counting room.. SO, I actually had 10k and some change.. cheesy
then, he looks at me squarely and goes into a lecture of how its against the law if you do not declare when you have above 10k, your money will be ceased and you will be sent back.. you broke the law by saying you have 10k..do you understand the implication?...I was just staring at him.. then the other officer says, your son is so cute..so I mutter a word of prayer and next I heard is please, next time, be sure of the money you have on you and answer correctly/accurately....so I said.. thank you! I din't know I should have declared the one dollar and 20dollar denominations..i went back with him to fill the form, asked for his name, told him he got a nice long name.. he smiled and wished me a nice stay.
phew...lesson, please tell em you have 10, 352 cents if that's what you have..

So, we are chilling and awaiting baby's arrival...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
@ ogonnan
Congrats on ur delivery.....good to hear your experience with gwinnett nurses.....am also using them......pls just want to confirm if that bill includes epidural or u didn't use....not a bad bill......

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shakom12(f): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello pple, if anybody is interested in accommodation around west Houston Alabama abt 10mites drive to Dr Fagbohun office, shld send me a mail @ shakom12@gmail.com. Note is a one room shared Appartment .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Francutok: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
Its not only the dollars you should declare oh. Even the naira change. I had 300 naira and didn't declare it. Infact I forgot cos I didn't have any naira but at the airport I just took 500 from my husband to buy gum. Completely forgot I had 300. The officer at Atlanta asked me to convert it to dollars. Told him its about 2 dollars. Gave me a the look of u lied.

meanwhile someone asked ant connecting flights. They don't care about that. Infact if you mention it u'll get them infuriated. So you should ensure that you have at least 3hrs to your connecting flight.

came in a few weeks ago thru Atlanta.was the only pregnant woman in the plane. Used air France. Just before the flight landed, I asked for water, brushed my teeth, used my small towel with a liquid soap(type u get at the hotels) washed my face...generally just freshened up. So when the flight landed, I walked as fast as I could and was abt the first. Was asked the address of my destination and reason for my trip. Got stamped 6months. Got to the last exit point and was sent to secondary inspection. Met people there but I knw my connecting flight was about 2 hrs away so I calmed down. A guy was all frantic cos he had like a few mins to his connecting flight but the white there didn't even bulge intact he even chastised him and told him that he has a job to do. He was eventually left to go. Prayed another guy wld attend to me...a Chines looking guy but that mean elderly guy did. Asked a few questions including nija addy,hubby work place etc...then ransacked my luggage like he kept something there himself,I even wanted to get something that fell, the look he gave me while telling me not to touch anything in my bag was scary enough. Eventually gave me a form to fill again and left me to go.infact they ask u if u packed ur luggage including all hand luggages oh before they start searching.

all in all.....id say being turned back is very painful. I was ready to shout if they had attempted to cos I declared my intention very clearly at the embassy.

Drink loads of water in the plane...even days before. Ensure u are hydrated. Don't sit for long hours, Keep walking, squatting, stretching all thru the flight. Not sure I sat for more than 2hrs stretch in my almost 18hra trip. Didn't care if I disturbed the air hostess or other passengers. Kept walking from my seat to the back. Did it so many times all thru the flight from Lagos to Paris and then to Atlanta.

sorry for my plenty grammar but wanted to give back too.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
PrinceAdeAde:
I think another way to circumvent all these horrible POE experience would be to board a connecting international flight and have your POE at the connecting point. I believe they may be unable to delay you beyond a reasonable time due to your connecting flights on the airline
Airlines usually come looking for their passengers to avoid delay and refunds as the delay is not your fault

Just thinking this may help except someone had an experience faulting the above assumptions

I don't think airlines have the time to look for passaengers, the best they can do is to keep calling your name at the gate and I doubt if you can hear while youre at the inspection area and they dont have to refund you, all they do is book you for the next available flight.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Francutok: 12:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Your POE is the first airport u step ur foot on. So for all those who booked Delta Houston Atlanta......its Houston. Otherwise, Delta flights are Atlanta bound.

So there is no circumventing here!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by teemteem(f): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2014
Please does anyone have an idea of what email to send your change of intent for travel mail if travelling from the UK,thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by teemteem(f): 12:19am On Oct 31, 2014
Lorlahbee:
Morning teemteem, I'm also due in Feb heading to El paso in January pls let's keep in touch.

I most definitely will...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Suzyt: 2:37am On Oct 31, 2014
May God grant us all our heart's desires. Guys, let us not be overcome with fear. I did a quick survey after reading all these gory tales and I confirmed from about 5 ppl who have recently travelled that a letter for change of intention was neither asked for nor used.

I'm not saying you should not procure one if you feel led to but remember that those officials are humans and have different personalities. Let's pray and trust God and not be too fearful changing plans at every new advice.

Glad to be here! (Just joined). God bless us and our brewing little ones.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2014
Where is @Tvegas? Abi he don dey POE ni?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Neoski: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2014
@lizcom25,congrats on the birth of you daughter.pls I am planning on using doctores para ti(del so medical ) but a lot of people are complaining about them,please can you brief me on the processes you went through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Neoski: 10:45am On Oct 31, 2014
@lorlahbee,how was your visa appointment,did you mention doctores para ti or you used someone else and what was the vo's reaction
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2014
Meeracle:
@ lisamarris a friend here went online and sent me a list of apartment close to the hospital...so I called them and showed my intres...when I got here I paid.,,it's 800dollars per month..i have my own washer and dryer..5dollar cab to the hospital..you can walk to shops like target,tjmax ...walk to Rccg and 5dollar cab to walmat...

Hello meeracle.pls help a sister here. i sent you an email.I am still awaiting your response.Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ujuani: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
lizcom25:
With joy and glory to God we announce the safe delivery of our baby girl on Saturday 25th October at about 9pm at Del so Medical Elpaso. Mother and baby doing great.......God bless us all. It wasn't easy to be in Nigeria and wife is in labour in USA but God made all things beautiful.

Hello lizcom,
Congrats on the birth of your baby.
Pls am new and am not sure how to use this. I'd like to get detailed info on del so medical my interview is scheduled for next week. Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lorlahbee: 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Neoski:
@lorlahbee,how was your visa appointment,did you mention doctores para ti or you used someone else and what was the vo's reaction
hi Neoski, I got my visa before pregnancy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2014
@lizcom congrats oooo,we would all soon share testimony oooo....heheheheheheheh

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
It's official, dem don detain @Tvegas for POE at Houston grin

Hehehehehehehehe. As we no hear from him again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 4:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2014
Francutok:
Your POE is the first airport u step ur foot on. So for all those who booked Delta Houston Atlanta......its Houston. Otherwise, Delta flights are Atlanta bound.

So there is no circumventing here!

Huh?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2014
MerryMom:
It's official, dem don detain @Tvegas for POE at Houston grin

Hehehehehehehehe. As we no hear from him again.
shocked
Hard joke
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
MerryMom:
It's official, dem don detain @Tvegas for POE at Houston ;Ds we no hear from him again.
Lol, that's an expensiv joke. 7 POE can't hold thaat guy down.can't see his insightful and funny posts on this thread though. Where is Tvegas?

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.