Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379448 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vendetta2: 8:35am On Nov 02, 2014
@mamatobenna, thanks for the honest reply. the review of the community or government hospital is fantastic, but someone said it might count against me when renewing my visa as the consulate might frown on using a government facillity, i dont know how true this is so i want clarification.. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2014
stay away totally from it. it will obviously count against you...
vendetta2:
@mamatobenna, thanks for the honest reply. the review of the community or government hospital is fantastic, but someone said it might count against me when renewing my visa as the consulate might frown on using a government facillity, i dont know how true this is so i want clarification.. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:11am On Nov 02, 2014
wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2014
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 10:49am On Nov 02, 2014
Please people does anybody know any cargo company in elpaso tgat I can use. See things when my madam don buy for ground say I go carry. Room almost full for baby things
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2014
@lizcom25: congrats oooooo,how is madam and baby....sha call al members of this forum to come for naming ceremony oooo,please are you using Hisgrace lodge or intown suites,which is closser to doctersparati .....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2014
@shagaman: Both are close to the hospital. She spent just one week at His Grace lodge before she moved over to my friends place in elpaso. But I will prefer Hisgrace because of the extra love shown by the management
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
anonymousmum:
Mehn I open up this page early momo to see more horror stories, it is well.

We had a story here of a woman whose bag was searched thoroughly , as in in and out, ever scrap of paper was scrutinized, i cant remeber who it was but it was Nairaland pre-tsunami.

Per the phone search, I don't know the legal right for that, definitely feels like invasion of privacy, but when you want to enter another man country, na wetin your eye go see. At best you can fight the case later (if indeed it is a crime) but still, at that very point in time, you are at their mercy.

Sigh.

Her story is still here somewhere. I started reading after the tsunami and I remember reading it.

All these stories are really scaring me. I will be confident and prepare well well for them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
@weaselo: I arrived elpaso ysday and I picked my bag from the baggage session at houston to check in to elpaso. I did without wahala until when I got home since I did not see my bag after the check in for elpaso. The padlock was broken and my bag was well searched and a paper was dropped that my bag was randomly picked and broken to be searched. While they took responsibility and apologise for that, the statement said they wouldn't be responsible for any item missing. I was annoyed ......Thank God no exhibit though I declared the food stuffs I carried
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
The padlock was broken and my bag was well searched and a paper was dropped that my bag was randomly picked and broken to be searched. While they took responsibility and apologise for that, the statement said they wouldn't be responsible for any item missing. I was annoyed ......

Baba baby, Thank God nothing was stolen. So these people no longer think scanners and sniffer dogs r okay to spot exhibits
Na wa o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Touchbase12: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hi House,

Please I need your advise urgently. Apologies if this has been answered previously.

My cousin is going to Houston in December to give birth to her baby. She is due in mid January

She got her visa before she became pregnant and went to the USA 3 months ago on holidays- no questions asked at POE-. After going through the thread, I am a bit worried with all the horror stories from posters.

1.Does she need to get an official letter from the US Embassy even if she got her visa when she wasn't pregnant?

2.Is it a guarantee that the US Embassy will issue the letter? Are there any risks associated with asking for this letter?

I will appreciate your inputs please

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hello all, thanks to all those who answered my question. My friend has sent her passport no to the abuja embassy and waiting for their response. Meanwhile she also sent the same mail to lagos embassy and they replied with the usual response of no legal obligation to inform them bla bla bla. Thanks everyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nairasohail: 6:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hello everyone , can any one please give me e mail id of Dr. William N. Oduro, MD and also any details of cheap accommodation available

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nairasohail: 6:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Can any one give contact details of any female obstetrician in gwinnett medical center who will be cheap or any other female obstetrician any where else please...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SEDLA: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
To the MIHS gurus in the house.. kindly help with Shipper info in phoenix. I have bought things and now Shipper seems to be turning longtin..pls help embarassed cry cry cry cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
Hello house. @ lizcom, welcome to Elpaso. Trust all is going good with wifey n baby. They did the same tin to my mom's bag and my bag as well. Pls if u happen to figure out how to cargo ur stuff to NAija, pls share as e be say my hubby has warned me that he's not ready to pay for any excess luggage tins when he comes. At the least, I've managed to find out a list of the freight forwarders in Texas and Elpaso in particular but na to start to call them one by one remain, this is the link http://www.forwarders.com/StateDirectory/TX.html. God help me, I'm flying blind here.
@touchbase12, I believe she can write to the embassy about the use of the visa for the new intention and make sure to get the standard reply from them. This is what the general consensus on the forum concerning this issue has been. To the best of my knowledge, there are no known risks associated with writing this letter, i mean how risky can it be to be honest right? As per whether Sheri's guaranteed to receive the official response, I believe evrytin concerning visa application is still at the discretion of the issuing embassy. They reserve the right to proceed however they choose but generally,most pple on this forum have gotten the expected reply from them. All the best with your plans.
Meanwhile, for all mums and dads who are using del sol, I don't know if anyone had attended any of their prenatal classes b4 but I think it is something that might be worth ur while, I attended yesterday's session and it was totally time well spent, very informative and lots of resource materials and freebies as well. I think the next one will hold for nov. 22 so u might want to make plans to attend that one if baby is not here by then.
Cheers all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
@damsel. I hear you. I have sent mails to some and as from tomorrow I will start calling. I will let you know definitely.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
@damsel: where are you staying in elpaso? Or do you attend any church here....na my wife dey ask ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vendetta2: 8:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
Good evening all,
i have read alot about Dr. fagbohun please can anyone help with his contact details.. email and phone number..

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsDan: 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
nairasohail:
Hello everyone , can any one please give me e mail id of Dr. William N. Oduro, MD and also any details of cheap accommodation available
Sent you a PM when you respond will send the details you need.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
the MIHS gurus in the house.. kindly help with Shipper info in phoenix. I have bought things and now Shipper seems to be turning longtin..pls help embarassed cry cry cry :'

+16022581525 A2global shipping saw them online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
@damsel. I hear you. I have sent mails to some and as from tomorrow I will start calling. I will let you know definitely.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
@MadameU: thank you sister and hope you are good. This shippers number is it for phoenix or for elpaso or for both?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Touchbase12: 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
damsell:

@touchbase12, I believe she can write to the embassy about the use of the visa for the new intention and make sure to get the standard reply from them. This is what the general consensus on the forum concerning this issue has been. To the best of my knowledge, there are no known risks associated with writing this letter, i mean how risky can it be to be honest right? As per whether Sheri's guaranteed to receive the official response, I believe evrytin concerning visa application is still at the discretion of the issuing embassy. They reserve the right to proceed however they choose but generally,most pple on this forum have gotten the expected reply from them. All the best with your plans.
Meanwhile, for all mums and dads who are using del sol, I don't know if anyone had attended any of their prenatal classes b4 but I think it is something that might be worth ur while, I attended yesterday's session and it was totally time well spent, very informative and lots of resource materials and freebies as well. I think the next one will hold for nov. 22 so u might want to make plans to attend that one if baby is not here by then.
Cheers all

Hi Damsell, thanks so much for your reply. You are an angel! kiss kiss kiss

I have some questions for you darling.

What do you mean by standard reply?

What do they say when they reply?

Do they give the applicant the authorization to go to the USA for child birth purposes?

Sorry for bothering you with so many questions.

Thanks babe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
nairasohail:

North_metro290@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
vendetta2:
Good evening all,
i have read alot about Dr. fagbohun please can anyone help with his contact details.. email and phone number..

Thanks

Fagbohunmd@yahoo.com
Tel: 2813426962
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 12:20am On Nov 03, 2014
lizcom25:
@weaselo: I arrived elpaso ysday and I picked my bag from the baggage session at houston to check in to elpaso. I did without wahala until when I got home since I did not see my bag after the check in for elpaso. The padlock was broken and my bag was well searched and a paper was dropped that my bag was randomly picked and broken to be searched. While they took responsibility and apologise for that, the statement said they wouldn't be responsible for any item missing. I was annoyed ......Thank God no exhibit though I declared the food stuffs I carried

This usually happens especially with local flights. If you have a TSA padlock, they won't break it cause they have keys to them. So you would just see the paper saying your bag was searched. Has happened to me twice before. They claim its random check. Not sure whether to believe them yet.

Glad you landed safely. Safe delivery!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 03, 2014
@lizcom, no problem at all. I'm at Intown suites o, I think I've met ur wife. Tell her (I'm assuming it's her I met) I'm the lady she met at eastside clinic one Monday morning like that with her mom, that was b4 she put to bed. I remember her inviting me To come to the Redeemed service but I told her I was catholic, very pleasant lady you have there by the way. Congrats to u both again on baby's arrival. Hopefully, this shipping thing will come through.
@touchdown, thing is if you at least went through the thread, you'd av noticed that most folks who wrote the embassy concerning change of /additional intention got an email response from them that basically stated that their requested been received and that ab initio, they were under no obligation to have written them as the visa had already been issued...bla bla bla... as well as the piece of advice to pay up all incurred medical bills b4 exiting the us. So without expressly stating so, they inherently give permission that you are free to use the visa for that purpose. Pls go through the thread, you would even find the embassy email addy to send the mail to. Apparently, the folks at the Poe have started considering this letter and the response from the embassy alongside other supporting documents to facilitate pple's entry or not at the Poe so it is better that you have that letter to avoid long thing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:50am On Nov 03, 2014
@madame U thank you sister and hope you are good. This shippers number is it for phoenix or for elpaso or for both?

The number is for Phoenix
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 9:00am On Nov 03, 2014
lizcom25:

As " Weaseloo" rightly said, use a padlock that can be opened by TSA, buy from any store, that way, they wont break your padlock. It has happened to me before, i carried large bottles of shampoo, cleanser and woman kain things. ( guess they searched mine cos of that much quantity of liquid)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 9:06am On Nov 03, 2014
Hmmmn this searching of bag thing was done to me when I was in the US in June. They actually stole a pair of white shoes we bought for my brother in law. I was so upset cos the shoe cost well well. We tried to make a report but if you see the long process they gave us to follow, we had to just abandon the whole thing. Me I don tell hubby o, that next time we travel, na to separate all our shoes o. 1 leg in different bags. i cant shout. Any other important thing na hand luggage o. So please be careful when you pack o. Oyinbo get thieves too

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by treasuredkid: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2014
GenoMI:
Ahh, promo ticket POE na Atlanta oo grin grin grin

Hello, I have been trying to send you a pm but it's not working. I'm 22 weeks gone and my EDD is in March 2015 and hubby just informed me that he wants me to deliver in US. Already made arrangement for to stay with a family in Atlanta.

Kindly advice me on
1. Hospital to use/Cost
2. How to apply for a visa because my tommy is already big

expecting your reply ma'am
thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.