Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380564 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
MamaTobenna:
. I would advise you use BA. And check that the POE is not houston

WHAT ABOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
The BA website is rejecting my child as infant on the inbound flight.. since my child is 1yr & 10months on the outbound, but above 2yrs on the inbound. thats why i want to use agent website..

Virtuousdiva:

Ezemistic....not to sound biased but I don't know about United airlines being better than BA.So far as you are going to El Paso,It will be fine if you use BA.We are many using BA going to EL Paso.Some with Dallas As POE while some Chicago.The best thing also will be to book BA through their website directly if you make up your mind on BA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ezemistic:

WHAT ABOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE?

What do you want to do with travel insurance Madam. Biko don't waste your money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by odtaiwo: 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hello Guys,

Please am filling the DS160 form....dont know if i should put the address of the in-town suites in houston, we intend staying or the
address of the doctor or WHMC? Please help your person oo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by daddy: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
bims87:

Does the letter of responsibility from the doc state the amount he is charging? If yes,then u can use it at the POE n tell them that the Dr said u can only pay when he sees you and the same goes for the hospital. Have the name of the hospital in mind though.

No o. The letter of responsibility does not state anything other than taking responsibility and expecting her in December o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hallo

Its bn a while here cos i once ws stamped a marketer.lolllz. anyways since ds thread hs helped me a lot.let me gve my tiny token though i no ve much stories. Used delta airline and POE ws atlanta.i didnt evn knw we had passed POE sef cs it ws too smooth.d major questn asked ws nature of job of myhubby nd i nd we didnt spend up to 10mins,no documents asked for or checked,evn no secondary inspectn except one officer dt walkd up to hubby nd askd ifwe hd egusi,hubby said he didnt bt hd similar items in powdery forms nd dts all and d officer replied dt its ok and dts hw enter Houston oo. Its well wt everyone yet to go or seekn Visa. It shl b smoother dn my story. Thanks for all contributors to success

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ezemistic:
The BA website is rejecting my child as infant on the inbound flight.. since my child is 1yr & 10months on the outbound, but above 2yrs on the inbound. thats why i want to use agent website..
[quote author=Ezemistic post=28401595]The BA website is rejecting my child as infant on the inbound flight.. since my child is 1yr & 10months on the outbound, but above 2yrs on the inbound. thats why i want to use agent website..

Even an agent ant help you with this. They will tell u to pay child ticket for your toddler. This happened to us. Other airlines too. This is what we did. If you stay in Abuja, just go to transcorp and book directly from them. There's a black woman that sits at the end do the row, she's is the only one that can help you. What she didi for us was to book me and my toddler as infant on outbound flight, and then a separate ticket for him on the inbound flight as a child and we paid like 80k for it. We really tried other airlines and they insisted we must book him as child which is 70% of your ticket. Pls when are you leaving elpaso, I really want company o. Elpaso can be really boring.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ezemistic:

As long as ur baby will b 2 by d time u r returning he'll b regarded as a child
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
My post is coming a week late.. wifey got into NY without a hitch. The only tiny snag was @ MMA when she presented her fit to fly, and they asked who her dr was(the fit to fly was signed by the hospital admin though it stated she had just been reviewed by a certain dr) She flew Turkish airline, had layover @ istanbul for 1.25mins and then continued the 11 hour trip to NY. She met with a male officer @ POE and in less than 5 mins they were stamped in 6 months(she went with MIL and our one year old toddler).

They only asked her what she was here for, she said Christmas and to have a baby. He didn't ask for anything else, they picked up their passport and went to pick up their bag..toward the exit, another officer asked if she had egusi, she said yes and ijebu garri. He laughed and asked her to carry on. All these while I was worried silly back here cos I kept calling her US number but it wasn't on. Different thought kept coming to mind, I didn't know when I let out a scream when she called that she was alright.

JFK is a very friendly POE(dallas too) if u can,it won't be a bad idea to take this route, I think it also helps when u layover in an european country. In all, na God e dey, a word of prayer wouldn't hurt as my oga tvegas mentioned earlier. Sorry for the long post. Just tot to share

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Waowww, congratulations on his safe delivery, God bless you both .
Thank God!

damsell:
Hello all.many congrats to all who have had Poe successes and child birth successes since the last time I was here. Please join me and my family in thanking the good Lord as I birthed my son on Wednesday the19th. We both doing great and my delivery experience was great as well. Wishing all who are yet to deliver the very best as they do so and all who are yet to get their visas success as they proceed.dear raii, pls don't give up in your quest, pls do summon the courage to give it one more try, u never know...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 12:45am On Nov 28, 2014
@phema, congratulations on ur smooth POE. Happy to hear from u. Wishing u all the best in the remaing chapters. Weldone babes!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 5:47am On Nov 28, 2014
Congrats santa2, I am loving all these smooth Poe stories o. It will continue in Jesus name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 5:55am On Nov 28, 2014
Phema d mama, I have been waiting to hear from u, thank God for your success. If u left monday night from lagos den e be ike say I see u and anoda preggy mama.
I am curious, did u not fill the customs abi na immigration form? That purple card where you write your details and also the food items you carried? If you did, is it that you did not declare you had palm oil? Biko waiting for ur reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 6:48am On Nov 28, 2014
chiduks:
@ heliano: thanks dear
@jyde2014:I'm using evangelical community hospital. It's 23 mins away from where I'll be staying. Would have used delaware,but it's an hour drive away from me. I think my hospital is a bit on the high side,consider the what others are paying so far.
Hospital fee is $5000 for vaginal delivery
Doctors fee is $2645.
Lab and ultrasound is$500
Pediatrician's fee is $1500 for 4visits.
A 30% discount is applied if u pay cash.

If u get a 30% discount,it's still a good deal.
@Heliano,hope u settled now? How much discount can one get from Delaware ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 28, 2014
woaini:
Phema d mama, I have been waiting to hear from u, thank God for your success. If u left monday night from lagos den e be ike say I see u and anoda preggy mama.
I am curious, did u not fill the customs abi na immigration form? That purple card where you write your details and also the food items you carried? If you did, is it that you did not declare you had palm oil? Biko waiting for ur reply.

Chei! My cover has been blown. No be me you see. I'm invisible. grin

I filled the landing card. They listed some agricultural products on the first page. So all I did was underline the one I had and ticked "Yes". Palm oil wasn't listed and I didn't bother spelling it out on the second page.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chatterly: 7:58am On Nov 28, 2014
Hello all,
As many women who are going in to the US to give birth should consider using JFK.
My wife got into New York on Monday via Virgin Atlantic,flight landed @ 11 p.m .it was a breeze and no documents were asked from her,she declared the funds that she had(over $10k)but it was not counted because the guy @ secondary inspection said there was no point counting since she had already declared the funds.She was only asked why she was having her babies in the US(our first child was born there 4 years ago and her POE was LA) and she replied that she wanted better facilities than what was available in Nigeria.Her boxes were not opened,she was asked if she had any food and she replied in the negative.In all this we should not discount God's favour.MMIA was a breeze since she had already scanned her fit to fly certificate to Virgin Atlantic special assistance department some days prior .This thread has been extremely beneficial because for our first child she travelled @ 4 months and was not showing,had no doctors appointment or major cash but this time around @ 7.5 months we had to be prepared.All the information about getting a doctor,informing the embassy about change in plans,amount of cash to carry,friendly POE's were gotten from this thread.
May we all have good stories to share,
Cheers

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ugoguchy(f): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2014
Hello,please I need advice...am 15weeks gone and we plan spending the xmas vacation in the US,then by next year I would return to the US for child birth,we filled our application for vacation,but then we intend to mention to them too during the interview that I would also want to go back for childbirth later,i also read where the asked if u have been in contact with any doctor,but for now we are only in contact with doctoresparati (I also read where the told someone that doctoresparati are not doctors and won't approve the give money to fixers),since am not far gone yet don't know if is compulsory to be in contact with a doctor in US,my interview is coming in december,am we are still searching for doctors
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SisiOlu: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2014
Jomikish:

So I thought to come back n share my experience with the house.... I still went ahead with the letter from doctoresparati. However, the interview went well, tho I was asked to get another doctor. The consular said she was not comfy with approving only for me to give my money to 'fixers' .. Se meant that they were middle men, and not doctors. I was given the white form which would allow me back into the embassy without a new appointment. I eventually used my correspondence with Dr Fagbohun and his bills and we were granted our visas. I'm sure this will encourage someone and also direct them. I'm not discrediting anyone pls, just Thot to share how it went.

Hello Jomikish,

Was your interview in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 10:56am On Nov 28, 2014
Phema:
Hello everyone!! This is Phema reporting live from Phoenix, AZ!! grin. How are y'all doing? I don miss una wella kiss.

Hey Phema, congrats to you,you've brought an entirely different view to this yankee baby thing;the remaining part of the process will be a success.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Nochid:

Hey Phema, congrats to you,you've brought an entirely different view to this yankee baby thing; the remaining part of the process will be a success.

Amen! It will end in praise. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chochom(f): 11:01am On Nov 28, 2014
any july mama in the house? pls kindly indicate so we could hook up and plan our trip together. two good heads are better than one. grin[i][/i]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by KayLayChi: 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
Just found out I will be a late July mom so excited because we have been trying since May this year, I was just praying that it shouldnt be secondary infertility (I have a son and he was 2years in September).

@Chochom, we can plan together but I am looking at California because that is where i have very close relatives.

@MamaTobenna & dkbb, will be looking out for your posts as you guys are also looking at California.

Sorry for the long post, i am just super excited. My first post after the Tsunami.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
Congrats Phema nd Santa on ur smooth poe experience!Damsel nd all new momas that jst delivered,congrats to yu all.
I need d gurus opnions on dis issue bothering me,am so confused nd need ur urgent response.
I got b1b2 visa few weeks ago and I told d VO I was going to av my baby in the usa.My hubby's office health insurance covers my maternity in d usa.Hubby wrote to the insurance company whose office in usa to ask for the procedure and they replied that his insurance covers all my maternity bill in the usa but they asked we send them the name of the hospital we intend to use so they can pay directly to them and then give us a settlement note.My fear is will it affect my subsequent renewals? Is a non citizen/perm resident allowed to use her health insurance for medicals in the state? Kindly advice as am so scared and wouldn't want to have problem in my subsequent renewals.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
Am also due in may...leaving April as well...though am still counting on God's favour for my visa approval
isysleek:
Congrats Phema!

Please April 2015 bound Houston mamas, holla o. Due in May but leaving April and using WHMC by God's grace.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tenic09(f): 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
Congrat tvegas on ur wife's poe story...I wish madam the sweetest and fastest delivery....good job done...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hello gurus,

please assist o. the next available appointment day is 7th of january which is quite close to intended travel date of 15th jan
i visited the emergency date and it showed next available date as 2nd dec however ther is a clause that I must met one of the stated conditions such as emergency medical aid required

Also when I try to visit the reschedule appointment page to see which dates may become open again,it told me that I have reached my limit to rescheculed the first time and th enext it told me that I am approaching the limit of visiting the rescheduling page

Pls any advice from our gurus as wld prefer sometime in dec say 2nd week as i understand the embassy closes for the XMAS period

Currently,am stuck with 7th january and i have already booked it though but wants suggestions on possibility of getting a better time with the restrictions i highlighted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
@isysleek my wife is also due in May and will be going April that's if she is approved visa. I'm sure we can rub mind together if that's OK with you.

@tenic I hope you have not abadone me. Because I have not heard from you in a while.

@raii. Really sorry for your denied pls try one more time and pls try and go alone don't attach anyone to go with you. I'm sure they will consider this time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
eazydune:
Congrats Phema nd Santa on ur smooth poe experience!Damsel nd all new momas that jst delivered,congrats to yu all.
I need d gurus opnions on dis issue bothering me,am so confused nd need ur urgent response.
I got b1b2 visa few weeks ago and I told d VO I was going to av my baby in the usa .My hubby's office health insurance covers my maternity in d usa.Hubby wrote to the insurance company whose office in usa to ask for the procedure and they replied that his insurance covers all my maternity bill in the usa but they asked we send them the name of the hospital we intend to use so they can pay directly to them and then give us a settlement note.My fear is will it affect my subsequent renewals? Is a non citizen/perm resident allowed to use her health insurance for medicals in the state? Kindly advice as am so scared and wouldn't want to have problem in my subsequent renewals.Thanks

You got nothing to worry about. Send them the hospital name so as to get the bill paid. You will need the receipt and other paper work for POE.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Okeksmama: 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=fruitfull1 post=28388428]@PHEMA meeehnnn! I thruway yanch give you. loool. congratulations are in order. I hope I will be able to plan that well in February . I have not made up my mind about hospital sha

@ flowers I got this mail from dr Ziworitin's office;

ESTIMATED COST FOR OB CARE AND DELIVERY AT OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER RICHMOND, TX
Doctors Fee:
Initial Visit……………….…$190.00
Lab Tests…………….……...$270.00
Vaginal Delivery……….$2,200 High risk-$2,400
cesarean section……….$2,600 High risk- $2,800

Hospital Fees:
Hospital Charge for vaginal delivery……..$2,300
Hospital charge for c-section-$3,500
Pediatrician ………..…….$320

Other Fees:
Anesthesia for Epidural in labor……….$850
Anesthesia for c-section…………$950

Estimated Total cost for Vaginal delivery:…………………..$6,130
Estimated cost for cesarean delivery……………………….$6,630

Yours truly

DamaZiworitin, MD FACOG

OB PACKAGE PRICES

MEMORIAL HERMANN SUGAR LAND
Normal Vaginal Delivery $3,969.00
C-Section $5,895.00
METHODIST SUGAR LAND
Normal Vaginal Delivery $2,538.00
C-Section $3,780.00

WEST HOUSTON
Normal Vaginal Delivery $2,500.00
C-Section $4,000.00

OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER
Normal Vaginal $2,300
C-section $3,500

I hope this answers you Houston questions

Hi pls can u give me dr ziwortin's email add? I would like to contact him. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
@tenic09 and @seemorejoy, visa will be granted in Jesus name. I look forward to hearing your success stories and planning with you. Keep me posted.

tenic09:
Am also due in may...leaving April as well...though am still counting on God's favour for my visa approval

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
All the Atlanta mothers for next year are hiding abi? No wahala, God dey. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.