Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380499 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
My Phema phemalicious don land Amelika. Congratulobiaa and safe delivery my dear kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
tenic09:
Seemorejoy I avnt and can't abandone u at all,just that my fone has been acting up lately and this pregnancy has been sooo.....hmmm.....sometimes ringtone irritate me to d bone...am sorryyyy..pardon me for now..I shld be fine soon by his grace....using this medium to say a big thank u to 9jabiggurl..U've been a very good and kind friend..I bless God for meeting u here and I wish ur son a hbd as he clocks 2yrs tmr...he will grow to be a channel of blessings...love u dear sis

Thank u my dear sis and "spirit" frd @tenic09...it has indeed been a great one talking to you daily....and Yes God will see you and all expecting mum through IJN....as for my number 1's hit bday tomorrow....we gonna parry hard as he clocks 2....muah....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
Saved2Serve:
but a frnd has an interview date of 15th Dec...embassy still works then.

PrinceAdeAde::

Hello gurus,

please assist o. the next available appointment day is 7th of january which is quite close to intended travel date of 15th jan
i visited the emergency date and it showed next available date as 2nd dec however ther is a clause that I must met one of the stated conditions such as emergency medical aid required

Also when I try to visit the reschedule appointment page to see which dates may become open again,it told me that I have reached my limit to rescheculed the first time and th enext it told me that I am approaching the limit of visiting the rescheduling page

Pls any advice from our gurus as wld prefer sometime in dec say 2nd week as i understand the embassy closes for the XMAS period

Currently,am stuck with 7th january and i have already booked it though but wants suggestions on possibility of getting a better time with the restrictions i highlighted

Did your friend book in advance.all appointments days am seeing is from 7th January upwards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
jennykadry:
My Phema phemalicious don land Amelika. Congratulobiaa and safe delivery my dear kiss

Thank you Aunty Jenny. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by KayLayChi: 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
MamaTobenna:
. I think it worked. Thank you
I don't think it worked oh cause I am yet to get an email from you.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2014
KayLayChi:

I don't think it worked oh cause I am yet to get an email from you.....
. Are u sure. I saw your email address sef and I sent it. Ok let me resend
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by blessediva: 5:45am On Nov 30, 2014
I am also looking at florida too since dats where i have family and i also plan going around that time too.I am still looking at Hialeah hospital and jackson memorial as they seem to be on the affordable side.Getting a dr hasnt been easy and am still on it.

Do you have your visa?cos i havent been able to apply for mine yet till the dr thing is settled.

House I hail oo,
Been following this link for a while now, officially joined today.
Thank you all for the overly useful info posted here.
Currently doing my research for hospitals in Florida, due in April.
Will come back to the house with my own little input once I get responses from the hospitals...
Happy to plan with any April mummy heading to Florida.

No questions for now...smiley

Once again Thanks you all and congrats to all the new mummies and all those who gracefully made it through POE.God is forever with us.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 7:22am On Nov 30, 2014
yes he booked in october...
PrinceAdeAde:

Did your friend book in advance.all appointments days am seeing is from 7th January upwards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 30, 2014
PrinceAdeAde:

as at monday there were still appointments for 11th December when I checked and as at last sunday I got appointment for 5th December, just keep checking you might get a slot for December we never can tell
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 30, 2014
Phema:

Thank you Aunty Jenny. smiley

Wish you a safe delivery dearie!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2014
wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yefa: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2014
good morning everyone !!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yefa: 11:39am On Nov 30, 2014
pleaseeee!!!! can someone help with details of a good doc and accommodation in orlando, florida? ASAP.

THIS IS URGENT AND AM IN SERIOUS NEED!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
sayoberry:
pls is there any mama here using dr fagbohun next year? btw jan antd February

@Sayo, plan on using Fagbohun in february
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
bossladyMo:
Wish you a safe delivery dearie!!!

Thanks sis. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
Depending on your budget, Orlando is pretty expensive.

There's Winnie Palmer, Health Central Ocoee and Florida Hospital. Those are the 3 I checked and I got a quote of about 7600 for CS, 1050 for epidural and 3400 for doctor's fees.

Unfortunately I don't have the book where I wrote the normal delivery rates here with me, I think it's about 4500 and epidural is 950. But these are good estimates for CS, they all charge about the same amount, the difference for each hospital is about 200.

You can Google the hospitals and call them for the rates.

I eventually settled for Dr Fagbohun in houston cos the orlando cost is too high.

yefa:
pleaseeee!!!! can someone help with details of a good doc and accommodation in orlando, florida? ASAP.

THIS IS URGENT AND AM IN SERIOUS NEED!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
Congratulations to all the new Mums and Dad in da house as well as a big shout out to those who had a successful POE tales.
As many that are yet to recieve their visa, it will all end in praise.

A heartfelt gratitude to @ NENABABE and @ OGONNAN for Ya selfless guides and suggestions in these My treasure quest grin.

In addition to Tvegas' recommendation abt the opening an account in an America Bank, I would also suggest that all Preggy Mamas should also open a private box at any Post Office and fill out the post office address and box number in The Hospital registration form as Your residence addresse so all correspondence as regards Ur newborn SSN ,Passport etc will be forwarded to Ur private box.

N:B: this suggestion is open TO THOSE who have greedy relatives and friends they intend to pitch tent with for the duration of their stay in Yankee as most of them are out for survival and see Our innocent babies as their cash cow.. Cuz a lot of atrocity are schemed with a Child's SSN ...Preggy Mama's and Dad suld secure their Child's future .

A word is enough for the wise.

Happy Sunday to All.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2014
[color=#006600]We can hook up and travel together if eventually you decide on California. Waiting for ticket to drop too though I can't even buy now as I am yet to collect my new passport from immigration

Sure we can, incase u find cheap ticket b4 me jst let me know.I'll kip in touch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yefa: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=shelly23 post=28470714]Depending on your budget, Orlando is pretty expensive.
There's Winnie Palmer, Health Central Ocoee and Florida Hospital. Those are the 3 I checked and I got a quote of about 7600 for CS, 1050 for epidural and 3400 for doctor's fees.
Unfortunately I don't have the book where I wrote the normal delivery rates here with me, I think it's about 4500 and epidural is 950. But these are good estimates for CS, they all charge about the same amount, the difference for each hospital is about 200.
You can Google the hospitals and call them for the rates.
I eventually settled for Dr Fagbohun in houston cos the orlando cost is too high.
[/q

thanks a million!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yefa: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
people!!!! i need another advise from the house!!

kindly advise which POE is better: Houston, or Orlando or Atlanta.
Am already 34weeks thus need get out ASAP. Just got permission from de office. (i will resign when i return!!! wicked people!!! lol)

This request is urgent. Am about booking my tickets for 3rd December.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Destiny4G: 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=blessediva post=28460874]I am also looking at florida too since dats where i have family and i also plan going around that time too.I am still looking at Hialeah hospital and jackson memorial as they seem to be on the affordable side.Getting a dr hasnt been easy and am still on it.

Do you have your visa?cos i havent been able to apply for mine yet till the dr thing is settled.

Hi Blessediva

Yes I checked out Hialeah too p; normal $2300 and CS $3200, waiting to hear from them on doctor referral and possibly any hidden charges.
I got my visa before preggyy things.
Will check out Jackson memorial and also info when I get Doc details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by donbusky(m): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
KayLayChi:
For those travelling in July, how we go do am. I just checked the price of a return ticket from Lagos to Los Angeles, travelling in July and returning in Septetmber. Omo na over N400,000 I dey see for Delta, BA and Emirate. Na only Ethihad and Ethiopian cheap small like 260k and 280k resp.
Please who has any ideas on how to get cheap tickets for July (I'm ready to book and pay for my ticket between now and January).
Has anyone used BA at say 36weeks5days?

If you are travelling in July 2015, it is too early to book then, in my opinion. The sweet spot for best travel prices from personal experience and some limited online research is typically (a) 5 - 8 weeks before travel, and (b) choosing travel days of Tuesday - Thursday.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Francutok: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
fairyprincess:
Congratulations to all the new Mums and Dad in da house as well as a big shout out to those who had a successful POE tales.
As many that are yet to recieve their visa, it will all end in praise.

A heartfelt gratitude to @ NENABABE and @ OGONNAN for Ya selfless guides and suggestions in these My treasure quest grin.

In addition to Tvegas' recommendation abt the opening an account in an America Bank, I would also suggest that all Preggy Mamas should also open a private box at any Post Office and fill out the post office address and box number in The Hospital registration form as Your residence addresse so all correspondence as regards Ur newborn SSN ,Passport etc will be forwarded to Ur private box.

N:B: this suggestion is open TO THOSE who have greedy relatives and friends they intend to pitch tent with for the duration of their stay in Yankee as most of them are out for survival and see Our innocent babies as their cash cow.. Cuz a lot of atrocity are schemed with a Child's SSN ...Preggy Mama's and Dad suld secure their Child's future .

A word is enough for the wise.

Happy Sunday to All.

........haba. Greedy relatives and friends and they still,accommodated you. C'mon, that's pretty harsh no matter what. It takes alot to accommodate you,I hope u knw that. Just the bills from your stay is enough help. From,your statement, its no wonder why some people never allow a second visit from preggy relatives. Be thankful atleast

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
She was trying to say that some relatives might use the baby's SSN to file taxes. They claim the child as a dependant to get higher tax returns.

I guess it came across as ungrateful cos she called them ungrateful. It's still a warning regardless.

Francutok:

........haba. Greedy relatives and friends and they still,accommodated you. C'mon, that's pretty harsh no matter what. It takes alot to accommodate you,I hope u knw that. Just the bills from your stay is enough help. From,your statement, its no wonder why some people never allow a second visit from preggy relatives. Be thankful atleast

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
@Phema, you are one funny lady.
Learning lots from you! I wish you a safe delivery!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
Francutok:

There is nothing in her statement that shows she's not thankful or hash, she's stating d obvious...just because u accommodate someone does not mean u shud take advantage of them that's greed! Period...my friend threw it at me to use my daughter's SSN! Pls tell me isn't that greed? If it's not convenient for u dnt accommodate any1!!! better than to accommodate them and try to steal from them.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moj1moji2: 9:19pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hello everyone, please is anyone going to Mihs? This December precisely on the 9th and going with B.A? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Naniakay: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
sayoberry:
pls is there any mama here using dr fagbohun next year? btw jan and February

Hi Sayoberry, I'm using Dr. Fagbohun in January. Travelling in 2 weeks! Do you need any help with the hospital or something?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
weaseloo:
@Phema, you are one funny lady.
Learning lots from you! I wish you a safe delivery!!!

Thanks sis grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
Francutok:
From,your statement, its no wonder why some people never allow a second visit from preggy relatives. Be thankful atleast
cfcchick:
There is nothing in her statement that shows she's not thankful or hash, she's stating d obvious...

She made a valid point one needs to guard the SSN properly . Besides whoever uses another child's SSN got their reward already so no favors was done,that's pure greed,nothing to be thankful for. Personally,I dont believe in staying with family and friends for childbirth ,people should only go that route if they are very close and trustworthy relatives. I dont like unnecessary drama.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
Francutok:

@ Francetok :
Lemme break it down a little for Ya.. My advice is open to THOSE WHO HAVE GREEDY RELATIVES n FRIENDS IN USA and to PREGGY MAMA WITH WISDOM THAT REALLY WANT TO SECURE THEIR UNBORN CHILDREN'S FUTURE (IN CAPITAL LETTERS).

To those with trusted relatives n friends please Ignore the advice....
haba! Advice is either ignored or pondered over.

Mr Francetok on no account did I mention That I have greedy relatives n family here in US in My post so I wuld advice U don't put words into My mouth with Ur imaginary assumptions.

Secondly I felt it was necessary to Share an opinion dat has never been mentioned on any of d pages on these trend. I know I will step on some people's toes with My advice but It doesn't cost Me a sweat to keep mute over the Post office stuff but I felt it will be selfish not to share as I have gained insight from dis trend.

Finally I don't tink U know what being harsh is if most Mamas n Papas knew dat their innocent babies SSN had been compromised I know most of them wuld have paid bills in an expensive accommodation.
My Dear If I had greedy relatives, I won't mind paying for an expensive accommodation now than coming back in 20 years to face Million of bills acquired tru depts with My innocent child's SSN witout My knowledge and Pls don't feign ignorance becos U know wat I am talking about.

Anyone that feels My suggestion is unreasonable suld Jump n Pass n permit the sensible ones decide for themselves.

Enuf said am outta here.

One Love.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.