Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379233 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 12:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
Are you trying to blame people here ? Like seriously I don't understand. shocked. No one forced you to go to any hospital of your choice. You should be happy and pray for good health not complaining about bills.

Remember each case re different. What Mrs A spent at the hospital will be different from Mrs B and even on the doctors letter or billing, it states that amount can increase if complication arises, so why come here and blame people for watever complications you have ?

Lstly regardless of how much the test is, do it. Good health is better.

Na wa o, it seems some people are just after the blue passport and not the good health care you claim at the embassy , It sucks undecided. It is well

Please don't misquote me as I am not blaming anyone here. What I meant was that the hospitals here don't give you a comprehensive list of what and what you are expected to do, only to come after the whole thing and start adding extra hidden charges. I specifically asked them for a comprehensive list of all the medical services they would offer and how much each would cost. They told me the doctor would give me that. I asked d doctor and he said all my tests are included in his bill apart from the blood work. I paid extra for the blood tests which were carried out by a lab that is different from doctor's office. Nobody told me about Hep B test whether it should be included or not. Only for the hospital to tell me now that they checked all my lab tests and found out that the Hep B test was not among the tests carried out. So if they were meant to include it and they did not is that my fault? Why should I pay extra for it now? If it wasn't part of the routine tests why didn't they inform me on time so I will know what am up against and plan better. Those are the issues. They don't usually give u enough info until when baby comes then hidden charges start popping up. That was the meaning of my statement. I am not blaming anyone here for not giving me correct info. I, on my own decided to come here. Most mums here don't use Hackensack. So don't misquote me. Besides there was no complication at all. I delivered normally. I am ok and baby is ok. I was meant to be discharged after 2 days only for me to hear now that baby will not be allowed to go unless I carry out the test even though she is in perfect state of health. My friend that gave birth here refered me to Hackensack. I have asked her and she said she never did the test. The Paed she used never mentioned it. Please if you don't have answers to my question pls allow others to answer me instead of twisting my post. I am not seeking better medical services here cos there is nothing wrong with me and I never told them at the embassy or anywhere that i was coming here to seek better medical services. They just want to run the test to know if i am positive or not so they can determine baby's status. Like i told them I can have that test done in Nigeria. It must not be here. Even if you are Dangote we still have to be prudent in spending and avoid unnecessary costs.

31 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
Please I need the contact of a cheap hospital or physician in Detroit, Michigan or Baltimore maryland.
Thanks
Pls its urgent
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mosi01: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
Are you trying to blame people here ? Like seriously I don't understand. shocked. No one forced you to go to any hospital of your choice. You should be happy and pray for good health not complaining about bills.

Remember each case re different. What Mrs A spent at the hospital will be different from Mrs B and even on the doctors letter or billing, it states that amount can increase if complication arises, so why come here and blame people for watever complications you have ?

Lstly regardless of how much the test is, do it. Good health is better.

Na wa o, it seems some people are just after the blue passport and not the good health care you claim at the embassy , It sucks undecided. It is well

@zeezahbee, you wasn't blaming anyone in the forum. By "people", she meant the hospital.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
drafrican:
Please I need the contact of a cheap hospital or physician in Detroit, Michigan or Baltimore maryland.
Thanks
Pls its urgent
Thanks

Pls can someone help been waiting for a reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Mosi01:

@zeezahbee, you wasn't blaming anyone in the forum. By "people", she meant the hospital.
I for fear. Regardless , She should not reject any treatment from the hospital, all that matters is the good health
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
lollydee:
I have replied you.

Pls check email

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
favouredB:

Please don't misquote me as I am not blaming anyone here. What I meant was that the hospitals here don't give you a comprehensive list of what and what you are expected to do. They just want to run the test to know if i am positive or not so they can determine baby's status. Like i told them I can have that test done in Nigeria. It must not be here. Even if you are Dangote we still have to be prudent in spending and avoid unnecessary costs.
I can't quote all your post so I won't take all the space, I am still saying the same thing. Regardless of what test they want to do, let them do it. The doctor knows what he/she doing. thank God you and your baby are in good health, some people's baby are in ICU and they don't even care about watever bill it will cost to get out.

Finally, you dnt have to be rude,it's an insult to my personality cheesy, if you don't want advice, you have shouldn't have posted it.

I am not dangote but I believe health is wealth. Good luck grin . I love you and your baby grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by greenkamsy: 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
Some pple be behaving like they know it all. Was going to pass Buh any reasonable human being ll know favouredB wasn't referring to any1 on this thread. Na so Zeezahbee put the thing for head like gala seller. Abeg Abeg Abeg, there's no baby here n we dnt need any1 acting like she knows it all. Baby is fine, mother is fine, which 1 cm be ur 'pragidem' again. Aunty Abeg take several seats, in short, take a long vac.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
I can't quote all your post so I won't take all the space, I am still saying the same thing. Regardless of what test they want to do, let them do it. The doctor knows what he/she doing. thank God you and your baby are in good health, some people's baby are in ICU and they don't even care about watever bill it will cost to get out.

Finally, you dnt have to be rude,it's an insult to my personality cheesy, if you don't want advice, you have shouldn't have posted it.

I am not dangote but I believe health is wealth. Good luck grin . I love you and your baby grin

You know you should apologise for misconstruing her post. No need to be defensive. You seem to always be in the attack mode. You should really take a chill pill. People here are not kids that should be schooled, albeit harshly.

And yes! She has EVERY right to be annoyed with the Dr! Her complaints are not unfounded. She asked for the total cost prior to her delivery and that test never came up. Why turn around and include the test much later and still not even tell her how much that will cost?

And yes! I (and many others) are after the blue pali. The good healthcare is a plus. No shame in that. No need to get all sentimental. If we wanted just good healthcare, we have options.

Again, until you walk in her shoes, refrain from being all judgemental.

31 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
Phema:

You know you should apologise for misconstruing her post. No need to be defensive.

And yes! She has EVERY right to be annoyed with the Dr! Her complaints are not unfounded. She asked for the total cost prior to her delivery and that test never came up. Why turn around and include the test much later and still not even tell her how much that will cost?

And yes! I (and many others) are after the blue pali. The good healthcare is a plus. No shame in that. No need to get all sentimental. If we wanted just good healthcare, we have options.

Seconded!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:

Talk about being rude? Pls let's not go there.
I think you still miss the point. It's not as if I am sick or baby is sick and am rejecting medical care becos of cost. I can never do that. If I have Hep B I will know. I know I don't have it. I don't experience any of its symptoms. They just want to be double sure baby doesnt have it by running the test on me but to me it's not necessary cos I know I don't have it.
The only thing the doctor is doing is being extra careful with baby's health which I understand. Para venture anything happens to baby and they find out she has Hep B he will be blamed and here it could cost him his job. He is trying to avoid that situation. But the best he could do is give me the refusal form to sign..that's why provision has been made for refusal form. You can never force anybody to carry out anything he or she doesn't want, even on medical grounds. Give me refusal form and i will sign that i voluntarily refused the test and take responsibility for anything that happens.
Finally too grin the advise am seeking is on if any of the mums who has already given birth here has ever been told to run the test and if yes, is it compulsory? No one has answered me. It is well. I love you too. Hugs.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
Phema:

You know you should apologise for misconstruing her post. No need to be defensive. You seem to always be in the attack mode. You should really take a chill pill. People here are not kids that should be schooled, albeit harshly.

My thoughts exactly!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
@ greenkamsy, @Phema, @ anonymousmum thanks sisters. Laff wan kill me here grin grin grin. Let's blame the hormones as usual. It's okay. One Luv to all

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babysykes: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Phema:

Guys,please there are some things we should use wisdom for when we go abroad to have our babies because the citizens there are covered by insurance but we pay every dime.when I had my son last year,I was told I had to pay $350 for hearing aid test for my son.I was shocked,simply refused even when they were trying to say the paed would stop checking on us. I told them we don't do that in nig,besides,no deaf relatives. They saw how adamant I was and left my room.I was shocked to see the paed with us that evening and he attended to my baby thru out our stay in the us. My point is,as long as your baby is healthy avoid unneccessary test which I feel they use to exploit people. My son is perfectly ok and am glad I saved my $350. Money surplus but person get to dey wise while spending at least better to give the less priviledged than waste it.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
greenkamsy:
Some pple be behaving like they know it all. Was going to pass Buh any reasonable human being ll know favouredB wasn't referring to any1 on this thread. Na so Zeezahbee put the thing for head like gala seller. Abeg Abeg Abeg, there's no baby here n we dnt need any1 acting like she knows it all. Baby is fine, mother is fine, which 1 cm be ur 'pragidem' again. Aunty Abeg take several seats, in short, take a long vac.

You cracked me up big time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
@ favouredB. You don't need to talk again because it's so glaring you are not rude at all. I don't know you but truth must be told. You ve even shared an information which others looking to that hospital might come across. its painful when people talk to others rudely without cause.hope someone will answer your question.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
greenkamsy:
You have succeeded in getting attention? undecided cry
I will let this slide cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
babysykes:

Guys,please there are some things we should use wisdom for when we go abroad to have our babies because the citizens there are covered by insurance but we pay every dime.when I had my son last year,I was told I had to pay $350 for hearing aid test for my son.I was shocked,simply refused even when they were trying to say the paed would stop checking on us. I told them we don't do that in nig,besides,no deaf relatives. They saw how adamant I was and left my room.I was shocked to see the paed with us that evening and he attended to my baby thru out our stay in the us. My point is,as long as your baby is healthy avoid unneccessary test which I feel they use to exploit people. My son is perfectly ok and am glad I saved my $350. Money surplus but person get to dey wise while spending at least better to give the less priviledged than waste it.

Exactly my point. That's why we share all this experience here so people would also read and learn to stand on their rights. No need to allow them intimidate u becos they are white and they feel they know it all

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
favouredB:

Exactly my point. That's why we share all this experience here so people would also read and learn to stand on their rights. No need to allow them intimidate u becos they are white and they feel they know it all
Well maybe because I live in USA and believe in thorough medical check. All I also meant is that the doctor is not trying to take your money, he's just trying to be sure. You can decline the test if you think you are alright. I was a pharm in Nigeria before I moved to Texas so I know better.

No one should quote me onto this matter. I was only using my America mentality. I know dollar-naira rate haff increased. Sorry mamas trying to be prudent grin cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by greenkamsy: 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
You have succeeded in getting attention? undecided cry
I will let this slide cheesy
. OYO is ur case o. I made my point.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
Well maybe because I live in USA and believe in thorough medical check. All I also meant is that the doctor is not trying to take your money, he's just trying to be sure. You can decline the test if you think you are alright. I was a pharm in Nigeria before I moved to Texas so I know better.

No one should quote me onto this matter. I was only using my America mentality. I know dollar-naira rate haff increased. Sorry mamas trying to be prudent grin cheesy

Sister chill. Because we don't live in America doesn't mean we don't believe in thorough medical check. Understand other people's point of view and don't complicate matters by sounding arrogant. This is a forum full of people with diverse educational backgrounds and so when we talk it's because we are educated and informed. We should all be our sisters' keepers here. One luv

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:

MADAM I think u owe her an apology. There was totally nothing in her post that suggested she was blaming anyone here. She didn't deserve d attack she go from u. N I read her post n immediately understood her concern though I felt she should just take d text n be done with. U don't know her financial state or do u .

That's why I smile when I see people asking for bonding partner .pls all be careful choose ur bonding partner carefully u don't need people with attitude n all pregnancy is stressful enough

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:

No one really cares if u live in the moon. Not all of us here live in naija. U were DEAD WRONG for twisting her post. Apologise and move on...quit tryna sound all smart and wiggle ur way out of it! Simple! In fact when I read ur post accusing her of blaming people here, I had to go back to what she posted to see if I missed a thing.
How do u know they're not trying to take her money Or because u think Americans can't be thieves? My dear please, since u are just here to show off ur location and not help folks, step away from the thread. All u have done is "school" people here like they never entered plane b4. U are even lucky she responded to u in a civil manner and didn't come for ur jugular, like some of us grin.
So just accept u were wrong and let it go. Hiss!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 2:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
@ FavourB .

That test should ve been one of the test u did during ur antenatal days.if u did it show them the result if not I understand their concerns HepB is a serious issue pls do the test if u ve not done it Be4 better safe Dan sorry.

Also some1 mentioned the hearing text. I Think that test is a USA requirement for new born. Pls if u can do the test I think the amount u mentioned is high n there should be a discount when I did for my NB It was only $200 n I didn't think twice about it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
Why don't we stop stressing this issue and move ahead.
Both parties had made there intention known and please let's stop flogging it.
One love.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
You have every right to reject treatment/ procedure on your baby. Hep B test costs 1k in Naija. Even if they find out you or baby has Hep B( God forbid!), it's a chronic ailment and won't be treated in days.
It's negligence on the part of your doctor cos it's part of routine prenatal test anywhere in the world & I guess they just found out and want to correct it immediately.
Take it easy with them... Thank heavens you both are well.

favouredB:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 2:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
Airpure:
@ FavourB .

That test should ve been one of the test u did during ur antenatal days.if u did it show them the result if not I understand their concerns HepB is a serious issue pls do the test if u ve not done it Be4 better safe Dan sorry.

Also some1 mentioned the hearing text. I Think that test is a USA requirement for new born. Pls if u can do the test I think the amount u mentioned is high n there should be a discount when I did for my NB It was only $200 n I didn't think twice about it.

I Brought all my antenatal records. I have told them to check with my doctor cos I gave him all my antenatal medical record. My point still remains that I can do it back home, assuming it wasn't among the tests I did during antenatal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
On a lighter mode grin... ladies interested in Renown hospital in Reno Nevada, the OB package rates remain same. Pls check my previous post to avoid repetition. Just got a mail from their financial counselor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 3:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
Please I need the contact of a cheap hospital or physician in Baltimore maryland.
Thanks
Pls its urgent
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
babysykes:

I tire for the matter ooo. Say I want good healthcare no mean say you go use my head fry akara na.

That was how they wanted to take my son to NICU under the guise that he was pre term. I quickly asked if he had any problems, they said no. I told them I didn't want him in NICU. So they just observed him.

Na so them for bill me thousands of dollars for doing absolutely nothing.

One should not be intimidated by these people. Its your money. You should have a say on what it should be spent on.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mosi01: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
babysykes:
I told them we don't do that in nig,[b]besides,no deaf relatives. [/b]They saw how adamant I was and left my room.I was shocked to see the paed with us that evening and he attended to my baby thru out our stay in the us. My point is,as long as your baby is healthy avoid unneccessary test which I feel they use to exploit people. My son is perfectly ok and am glad I saved my $350. Money surplus but person get to dey wise while spending at least better to give the less priviledged than waste it.

Lol @ no deaf relatives.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.