Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379617 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
drafrican:
Please I need the contact of a cheap hospital or physician in Baltimore maryland.
Thanks
Pls its urgent
Thanks
Biko someone should please answer me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby2015: 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hello everyone. Nice to be on here though i've been a silent reader. Pls I need info on any affordable hospital in North Carolina or closeby. I have a relative there. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
ahaika23:
Is the fact that I'm still in naija not a factor the VO would consider as reason for my wife's return? Unable to reach mamatobee but I think she got a hospital for $3,000 and doc for 1,500 in California. This may not be out of reach for me hopefully. If this is obtainable in California, then would it be said to be very expensive?

It is, but na so some people dai migrate,wife go first then husband , lmao, No mind me, husband here is a good tie to home country. I am not a VO, and I haven't even gone to US to birth before, I just dai try help. 4500 total is very good. It's about what we all got in different states.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=favouredB post=30290556]

You should go ahead with the test. It's also routinely done in Nigeria for all pregnant women in most hospitals. It won't cost you much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
I don come again. Pls some one said earlier that she used an agent to get baby's documents faster. Can't remember the page. Pls could someone assist me.on that? Want to leave this place as soon as possible cos I started my maternity leave weeks before I put to bed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
favouredB:

Please why can't this people tell you all that is involved in childbirth so you will know how to make your budget. From the blues Hackensack just informed me now that they have to carry out Hep B test on me to know if baby has it or not. Meanwhile they gave her the vaccine this afternoon. They are now saying that the vaccine they gave her is for prevention (of course I know) . They need to carry out the test on me to know if i am positive or not in order to determine her own status. Of course there is an extra charge attached and now nobody here can tell me exactly how much am supposed to pay for it. Me I have refused it until I know how much it is. They said baby will not be discharged tomorrow until I carry out the test. I am waiting for them come tomorrow morning. I don't mean to discourage anybody here but I wish I hadn't changed my mind from going to El Passo. Please has anyone had this hep B experience? Is it compulsory?

I had told you earlier that NJ is expensive. My advise to you from experience is to budget like 7500 for the hospital in all... did you take epidural? Budget another 1500 or so. You're lucky you had vaginal in my case it was Cesarean. In all just focus on your baby and let them do the test. All the best and congrats on your baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
favouredB:
I don come again. Pls some one said earlier that she used an agent to get baby's documents faster. Can't remember the page. Pls could someone assist me.on that? Want to leave this place as soon as possible cos I started my maternity leave weeks before I put to bed.

why are u blaming us now for baby's documents? Eh? Why are u blaming us for maternity leave?

I'm kidding oh..hahahaha! Couldn't resist! grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
bbaby84:

I had told you earlier that NJ is expensive. My advise to you from experience is to budget like 7500 for the hospital in all... did you take epidural? Budget another 1500 or so. You're lucky you had vaginal in my case it was Cesarean. In all just focus on your baby and let them do the test. All the best and congrats on your baby.

Thanks dear. Just met with the paed now. He says it's part of the routine tests my doctor was supposed to have carried out on my arrival here. So they r waiting for him to turn in the results of all the tests so they ll be sure. I just wonder why they didn't check all that before now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
Shawbabe:

why are u blaming us now for baby's documents? Eh? Why are u blaming us for maternity leave?

Shawbabe you are a clown. grin grin. Abeg make una answer me joor
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baauh: 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
Is it possible that after getting Baby delivery and getting the Birth certificate, we leave USA on our own country passport.
Then apply for USA passport from the consulate in our home country.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
baauh:
Is it possible that after getting Baby delivery and getting the Birth certificate, we leave USA on our own country passport.

Hmm, you guys can travel but your baby who was born in the US can't travel without a passport/visa since he/she is an american citizen by virtue of being born in d US.

You are advised to process an American passport n Nigerian visa for your baby

Regards

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
bj2012golf:

Hmm, you guys can travel but your baby who was born in the US can't travel without a passport/visa since he/she is an american citizen by virtue of being born in d US.

You are advised to process an American passport n Nigerian visa for your baby

Regards

he/she said baby will leave with HOME country passport.

@baauh, yes u can apply for the US passport in your home country. The baby will have to be brought to the consulate though. I know for a fact that this works in Canada and Nigeria. People apply for their American passports in the American Embassy in Canada and it gets processed. The same applies for the Embassy in Abuja. It is also same thing for UK. So yes u can travel with your baby and apply in your home country as long as u have the BC and other required proof.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
anonymousmum:

Seconded!

After seconded is what? Thinking seriously

strongly seconded. And believe we all went tailoring school here. Madam prof

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=Shawbabe post=30307209]

Ok, must have missed that "home country passport" part
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
mabels:
After seconded is what? Thinking seriously
I strongly seconded too.

Na you dey talk like dis? No tell me say you no know book ooo. Something this simple and straightforward. . .

It's thirded jor. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
Shawbabe:

LMAO! I wonder why she keeps blaming us for everything. cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 7:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
I don't think is possible like that, since he was born in US you have to do it there. The one they process in Nigeria are for those who are born by an American parent but not in US and other US citizen that need to renew their passport. I think I stand to be corrected.

baauh:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
Phema:

Na you dey talk like dis? No tell me say you no know book ooo. Something this simple and straightforward. . .

It's thirded jor. cheesy cheesy

Laughing in Arabic. Baby sef de laugh in french for tommy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hormones!!! All of una dan do well abi, chase madam america away...

which one na thirded again grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babysykes: 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
Please I am abit confuse, when having twins are we expected to pay double the price or just a little extra added?thanks alot smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
PM me for details. I have info on Precious Cedars. I am going to be using her. Prefer her to the Soul care tho.
segbas:
Good morning Family:

Please anybody that has used Richmond for their child birth should please guide me on how to search accommodation, I have search through www.intownsuite.com but the area given is over 30 miles to Richmond.
Please I need your guidance on this.
Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
anonymousmum:
Hormones!!! All of una dan do well abi, chase madam america away...

which one na thirded again grin grin grin

Na past tense things. Jelili's sister go fit answer well cos na English teacher she be.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
babysykes:
Please I am abit confuse, when having twins are we expected to pay double the price or just a little extra added?thanks alot smiley
i

Jt few extra dollars
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
babysykes:

Most hospitals charge extra fee for twins. The Hospital I used (MIHS) charges $200 extra for an additional baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
baauh:

Hmmn. . . I never really thought about this. But I think it should be possible. You might want to email US consulate in your home country to get first hand info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
cool
greenkamsy:
Some pple be behaving like they know it all. Was going to pass Buh any reasonable human being ll know favouredB wasn't referring to any1 on this thread. Na so Zeezahbee put the thing for head like gala seller. Abeg Abeg Abeg, there's no baby here n we dnt need any1 acting like she knows it all. Baby is fine, mother is fine, which 1 cm be ur 'pragidem' again. Aunty Abeg take several seats, in short, take a long vac.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
Pls does anyone have information on a reasonably priced hospital in Baltimore Maryland or Delaware Una no just answer me at all not nice o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
@Newmum0615:

I have sent you a PM.

Newmum0615:
PM me for details. I have info on Precious Cedars. I am going to be using her. Prefer her to the Soul care tho.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 8:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
drafrican:
Pls does anyone have information on a reasonably priced hospital in Baltimore Maryland or Delaware Una no just answer me at all not nice o!

No sure if anyone has o, Dats y no one has answered. Bt u can Google sinai hospital (2401 west belvedere avenue, baltimore MD 21215-5271 or university of Maryland in towson. If u ve pple there let them ask for delivery quote on ur behalf. And what do u mean by reasonably priced?5k, 10k or 20k dols could be reasonable bt it depends on ur budget. Ve read so many talks abt daleware, and I think it is abt 7k plus ( which varies too) u can type Delaware into d search box in d travel department then read up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
I for fear. Regardless , She should not reject any treatment from the hospital, all that matters is the good health

Her baby can do the test in Nigeria, it must not be in the US.( or better still, let the hospital tell her the amount before carrying out the test) lets be sensitive when we reply peoples post. haba... she has a right to decline, people decline hearing test, decline vaccines in the US, decline many things. Its her baby, her health,and her money...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
greenkamsy:
Some pple be behaving like they know it all. Was going to pass Buh any reasonable human being ll know favouredB wasn't referring to any1 on this thread. Na so Zeezahbee put the thing for head like gala seller. Abeg Abeg Abeg, there's no baby here n we dnt need any1 acting like she knows it all. Baby is fine, mother is fine, which 1 cm be ur 'pragidem' again. Aunty Abeg take several seats, in short, take a long vac.
buhahahahahaha,jeezzz, you done crack my ribs this night. i would have apologized immediately, like immediately, instead of adding kerosine to fire, SMH..

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.