Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,162 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1403558 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
My mum got her visa stating helping her daughter who intends to have her baby as purpose of visit. Though she's a pharmacist, I don't think being uneducated has any impact on her chance of being issued a visa. I've witnessed interviews with interpreters at the embassy who are more often than not granted visas.

The VO did ask for what my mum does and all, but I don't think it really mattered as I wrote as the sponsor.

So just package everything well and let her tell them from the entrance that she doesn't speak English. You can also follow her to the place on her interview date and kind of hand her over to someone who can help and all.

Please remember to include copies of your visa and passport data page. You can also include a cover letter with documents to support your ability to support her.

All the best.

bestie101: thanks to all who have answered my question. my hubby will be too busy to follow me and my mother in law is an illiterate. she can't speak any English other than "come and "go"

meanwhile before the pages got wiped, I read of someone's mother who was also an illiterate but she was granted visa.

she will be of great help... its just the come and go thing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mollydee88: Hello Nairalanders and Expectant mothers and fathers.....
My wife and I had a very wonderful experience at the Lagos American Embassy today..
It was God ordained and favour all through, from how events had evolved about a week ago and now.. All Glory to Baba God.

Let me start by encouraging a few of us;
1. My wife and I haven't travelled outside Nigeria before.
2. My wife isn't currently employed.
3. Most couples i observed were granted Visa.
4. VO just was flipping thru our pages. I guess his mind was made up to grant us...
5. Dress well and be very honest.
Also, we were scheduled for 7:30am, and by 9:30 we were done.
Wow.congrats I tap into your anointing ooooooooooo
Our Interview goes thus with this ''young white'' chap:
Me: Good afternoon
VO: We still in the morning.
Me: Oh, sorry Good morning (Na tension cause am, i tot)
VO: Who is she to you?
Me: She is my wife, and I am her husband (Lol, before nko)
VO: For how long have you been married?
Me: I answered.
VO: Where in the US?
Me: Houston, Texas
VO: For what purpose?
Me: To have our first baby.
VO: You have so many good hospitals in Nigeria, so why US?
Me: We gave a medical reason, and the need we seek best medical care for our first child; and we wouldn't want to take chances.
VO: Why did you choose Texas?
Me: We made some researches and we ended up with Texas because of its First class medical care at reasonable cost that suits our budget.
VO: Have any of you travelled before?
Me: No. We haven't had reason to travel until now.
VO: Do you have a doctor correspondence?
Me: Yes, I hand over my correspondence with Dr. Fagbohun of Oakbend Medical Center.
VO: What is the exact cost of your expenses and how do you intend to cover the cost?
Me: I hand over to him our Budget print out, my bank statements, and other savings; my hotel reservation, letter of introduction from my employer. (He was so pleased. That was my selling point as i arranged them in order and coloured prints)
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as a ABC with XYZ
VO: And you madam?
My wife's 1st statement: Not at the moment, because of ....... (She gave a convincing reason!!)
VO: Where will you be staying?
US: We mentioned.
VO: For how long?
Me: 3 weeks, Wife 3 months.
VO: YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED.. Blah blah blah
US: We were just nodding our heads with smiles on our faces... ( We didn't hear any more of his blah blah)))
VO: He hands over the WHITE Sheet to us..
And off we went..
My wife outside the venue gave me sweet hug......Lol.
All these conversation were in 5mins...

Guys, Pray well.. Believe in God.. If your reasons and documents are genuine and have a good a statement of account. Be bold and maintain eye contact with smiles.. You will have it..

Thank you Uchetobi and a good number of you guys that helped out..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bestie101: 12:50am On Aug 01, 2014
FinanceFitness: My mum got her visa stating helping her daughter who intends to have her baby as purpose of visit. Though she's a pharmacist, I don't think being uneducated has any impact on her chance of being issued a visa. I've witnessed interviews with interpreters at the embassy who are more often than not granted visas.

The VO did ask for what my mum does and all, but I don't think it really mattered as I wrote as the sponsor.

So just package everything well and let her tell them from the entrance that she doesn't speak English. You can also follow her to the place on her interview date and kind of hand her over to someone who can help and all.

Please remember to include copies of your visa and passport data page. You can also include a cover letter with documents to support your ability to support her.

All the best.

may the good lord bless you. thank yoy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 7:14am On Aug 01, 2014
Hi all, its been a while since I posted here, actually its been since the attack. Well, now im back.

Well I arrived in Dallas Texas on Thursday, and I thank God cuz it was a smooth journey. The only issue I had was that cuz ive got a cough now and it really disturbed me during the 12 hour (delta airline) flight. I kept going to the bathroom to get tissue and also to pee. Couldn't sleep much, even though I spent d day going up and down and felt I would get knocked out and sleep throughout the journey, but no, cough had its own plan for me sad. I was lucky sha cuz I found 3 empty seats on the plane and used them as my bed wink.

On getting to Atlanta it was very lovely, an officer that checked people's passport while on tge queue asked me what my mission is in the US and I told him "to have my baby" and I think he said "fine". The immigration officer that I went to asked for my mission, I told him same, and he thanked me for being honest. He later said he didn't understand y people lie about it when its not illegal to come have a child in the US. I told him I know this but that I also think that people are getting more enlightened and now know its absolutely legal to come to the Us for this purpose. Told him I'ld be staying with my aunt in dallas before heading to el paso later in August.

He asked for the name of the hospital which I told him and asked how I intend to pay the bills. I told him I had $7105 with me and he was satisfied. Didn't ask to see any docs or d money...just stamped me in for 6 months. We were laughing as we conversed, and I even scoped him that I could give my baby his name, Pitts (was def pulling his legs), then he told me his first name is James smiley. He asked me to enjoy my stay and I told him thanks as I left.

No secondary checks, no further questioning, I just strolled in like a frequent visitor. Lol.

I was highly favoured and it could have only been God, cuz I was over prepared, but luckily I didn't need to show any docs.

Ladies, pls avoid carrying heavy hand luggage as it could weigh you down cuz the airports are very big and it could be tiring carrying heavy stuff up and down.

Delta airline was really nice, good service, I was over fed, and I'll recommend them to anyone.

And hold some change, e,g $20, 10 or 5 and even coins if you can, cuz you might need to pay for ur trolley.

Its past 1am now and I need to go sleep. If I remember any other thing, I'll post it later.

Cheers,

Dolapo.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2014
Thank God for journey mercies and sorry about your cold.. Try and get something to use for it and rest well.. It will def go away...
miri7b5N: Hi all, its been a while since I posted here, actually its been since the attack. Well, now im back.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:02am On Aug 01, 2014
Thank GOD for journey mercies and safe POE @miri7b5N. nice one on Atlanta and the delta experience. I just might have to take them since I am going to Georgia (most direct route so far).

For all, I just heard again about a pregnant lady who travelled from Nigeria at 36weeks and went into labour with BA enroute US. She was dropped at Dublin airport where she delivered her baby. Please lets ensure we understand our body system and if possible, travel early to avoid such stories. I too often think of how long i would have to wait if I go before 34weeks but now, I am kinda of sticking to my 32week plan (lol). It is well with all of us. Our plans will succeed and we will come with testimonies.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 10:18am On Aug 01, 2014
mamacajah:
For all, I just heard again about a pregnant lady who travelled from Nigeria at 36weeks and went into labour with BA enroute US. She was dropped at Dublin airport where she delivered her baby. Please lets ensure we understand our body system and if possible, travel early to avoid such stories. I too often think of how long i would have to wait if I go before 34weeks but now, I am kinda of sticking to my 32week plan (lol). It is well with all of us. Our plans will succeed and we will come with testimonies.

@ mamacajah, goodness gracious!! I just can't imagine the tension on that flight! The thing is that for working mothers, making that kind of decision will definitely affect the time you get to spend with your baby before you have to resume work...(Except you work with Lagos State Govt sha) Most women who wait it out always consider that (myself included). Will be in the US by my 30th week cos I have a family function and might have to stay back to have my baby.(cost of flying back is too much) but planned going to Arizona by the 38th week o( it's just about 4 hrs flight) to reduce cost of accommodation but I might just move it forward.. Like you prayed, Our plans will succeed and we will come with testimonies in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 10:28am On Aug 01, 2014
Hi Blesyn83, can u help in booking an appointment? I just need it for POE as I have my visa already. I can always re-schedule when I get in to the US. Expecting a response in the affirmative before I PM you my details! Thanks a bunch (in advance..lol grin)
Blesyn83:
Hi all,

All u need to go with is ur cash, nothing more. I'm in phoenix right now, I have my 4th appointment scheduled for tomorrow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 10:30am On Aug 01, 2014
Congrats @ Mollydee88.

To all the MIHS Mama's. Booking an appointment with MIHS is not as difficult as we all made it sound. Just make sure you call at the right time, guess most people call when they are asleep. We are 8 hours ahead so apparently, they resume by 4:00pm and close by 11:00pm (naija time).
It's a simple and straight forward process, just give your details, (make sure you confirm that they understood the spelling of your email address), u'll get ur appointment date immediately and later receive an email from them.

Secondly, Air France is so affordable right now, N212,000 (return ticket to New York from Lagos).

Happy New Month to every one and May God Bless and Favor us all. Amen!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:34am On Aug 01, 2014
@twizzie, yes oh. infact my sister keeps hammering in my ear that its best I go before 32weeks sef, but like you said, work issues dey oh. so i am still debating and looking at travel options of going at 32weeks or 34weeks. the waiting period doing nothing is too long. But I am also advised to go early so that I can shop as I plan to do all my baby shopping there and ship those things down before my return. So I think I probably will plan to go with the popular option, go early, relax, shop and then wait for baby to come. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2014
Yea.. It's not so hard but they just don't pick their calls! The only time they have answered me was to tell me it's still 7 am and they resume by 8..Ok, I waited for more than an hour and called back, they didn't answer. They haven't answered till now hence the reason I am looking for other alternatives...Will keep trying though.
dinawe: Congrats @ Mollydee88.

To all the MIHS Mama's. Booking an appointment with MIHS is not as difficult as we all made it sound. Just make sure you call at the right time, guess most people call when they are asleep. We are 8 hours ahead so apparently, they resume by 4:00pm and close by 11:00pm (naija time).
It's a simple and straight forward process, just give your details, (make sure you confirm that they understood the spelling of your email address), u'll get ur appointment date immediately and later receive an email from them.

Secondly, Air France is so affordable right now, N212,000 (return ticket to New York from Lagos).

Happy New Month to every one and May God Bless and Favor us all. Amen!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MiddyO(f): 11:57am On Aug 01, 2014
@ Dinawe I just checked now and its approximately 285,000 including tax.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jugzy: 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
Congrats Mollydee 88. I honestly know how u feel, especially ur wife. i didnt believe it too when we were granted our US visas. Its funny how we dont seem to hear anything again after the VO says "ur visa has been approved". Congrats again.

@ Dolapo, Congrats Congrats! We shall all have good POE experiences by His Grace. Amen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jugzy: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2014
I Have attached a compilation of all interview manuscripts for interested Nairalanders. I compiled it before the cyber attack. I feel one or two people might find it useful whilst preparing for their interviews. Admin, i hope this is ok?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mamatukwas: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
foreverblessed: @Mamatukwas and other interested in ATL, here's what I received from Northside & Piedmont.

Hope it helps you come to a decision. For me, I am still pretty much undecided. I didn't bother contacting from Southern Regional again, as I read not-too-good reviews online.

Thanks it helped. I'm pretty much stuck on Gwinnett though. When will you be in Atl, i should be in late sept.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi jugzy, please I'm interested in the interview manuscripts. I actually added bookmarks of successful interviews but lost them after the wipe out. It will come in handy, thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
@Jugzy just saw you had already posted the attachment. Thanks once again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Imo007: 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
For ur appt with d finiancial c., u need ur money, passport, and proof of pregnancy (1st scan result). Thats all.
[quote author=hollabeesy2014]good morning all
please dis is for mommas in phoenix. wot do i nid to bring along for my appointment wit fin concillor apart from money?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Imo007: For ur appt with d finiancial c., u need ur money, passport, and proof of pregnancy (1st scan result). Thats all.

Hehehehe grin Na real proof of pregnancy! Your big belle nko?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
@foreverblessed
please can you repost the information on atlanta? i cant see the comparison between northside and piedmont. did u post as an attachment?

thanks....

seen... never mindsmiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Which proof can be more authentic than the physical proof. That one is even more than the scan
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tyty24(f): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hi people, I have followed the message threads and I would like to thank everyone who has contributed positively to this forum.
But I have sone few concerns and I need some urgent suggestions.

I applied while single for a B1/B2 non immigrant visa un 2012 and I was issued a 2 year visa which will be expiring in december this year.

I got married last year and I'm 5 months pregnant will be due in nov.
I travelled in may this year and returned in june with no hassles.

Let me go straight to the point.I intend to have my first baby in the US. but is it advisable I still use my valid visa and make my intentions known when I get to the POEand I present my marriage certificate to them or should I renew my visa?

I will be residing in arlington Dallas. does anyone have any idea of an affordable hospital and a doctor one can contact for gynae.

Please I need suggestions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 11:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
anonymousmum:

hello Ijaymama,

Methodist Sugarland is looking very attractive to me as I have family in the area...

Please can you provide more information re:

1. I went to the website and saw a loooong list of doctors to choose from. How did you get to meet Dr. Le? I wont mind you sharing what informed your decision to use Dr. Le...
2. When did you reach out to them? I am just a few weeks into the second trimester, i'm thinking maybe its too early?
3. Did they provide you e-mail correspondence before you traveled?

4. Did you have to pre-pay in any way?

Sorry many questions but I'm thinking you seem to have a lot of info since you are on ground.

Thanks, very grateful smiley

Hi anonymousmum,
1)Honestly, I arrived at exactly 36wks and after selecting Methodist Sugarland as my hospital of choice, i went to their site and had to just keep calling several Dr's on the list but some we're booked till next yr or didn't want to take my case cos I'm far gone. So I called d hospital and a nurse recommended Dr Le, dat she could fix me Into his schedule and dats hw I got him. But after selecting him, I heard he is a great Dr esp if you have a high risk pregnancy. Turned out lots of Naija women know and always select him as their ob-gyn.
2) I reached out to them on my arrival here oh. So just make sure u don't come in later than 36wks.
3) I had no correspondence with them nor any hospital prior to my arrival
4) I paid only on my first prenatal visit.
They will need to see you in person before accepting any payments. At the POE, they are aware some hospitals don't accept any correspondence nor cash before the arrival of the patient, so don't be worried if you don't have mails to show.

P.S
Please for mamas who hve had their babies in Texas and hve started processin or already processed their baby's US passport and Naija passport or visa, could u kindly give us info on how to get these docs within the shortest time possible? And wld appreciate any info on how to also fast track baby's birth cert.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenababe: 2:50am On Aug 02, 2014
Hi, U can try Dr Dako Mamudu, he took out 6 fibroids from my womb and 2 of which blocked the tubes in 2006 and today I have 4 kids after d operation, I also have 2 close friends he opearated on and both have conceived..
kpofkpof: Please can anyone in the house give me a reliable hospital in the US where i can go for Fibroid treatment. I have been having difficulty in conceiving and upon investigations, they realised that i have multiple Fibroids which may have blocked my fallopian tubes as their HSG report says Bilateral Tubal Blockage

I want to use the US considering the pecularity of this case.

Looking forward to urgent and genuine responses.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 6:59am On Aug 02, 2014
twizzie: Hi Blesyn83, can u help in booking an appointment? I just need it for POE as I have my visa already. I can always re-schedule when I get in to the US. Expecting a response in the affirmative before I PM you my details! Thanks a bunch (in advance..lol grin)

Ok. No problem, email me ur details. Just seeing ur msg now, would have even done it cos I was at d hospital earlier today. But no prob. Will call dem and try to get their reply ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:20am On Aug 02, 2014
tyty24: Hi people, I have followed the message threads and I would like to thank everyone who has contributed positively to this forum. But I have sone few concerns and I need some urgent suggestions. I applied while single for a B1/B2 non immigrant visa un 2012 and I was issued a 2 year visa which will be expiring in december this year. I got married last year and I'm 5 months pregnant will be due in nov. I travelled in may this year and returned in june with no hassles. Let me go straight to the point.I intend to have my first baby in the US. but is it advisable I still use my valid visa and make my intentions known when I get to the POE and I present my marriage certificate to them or should I renew my visa? I will be residing in arlington Dallas. does anyone have any idea of an affordable hospital and a doctor one can contact for gynae. Please I need suggestions.

Hello tyty24, yes inform the embassy of your intention to give birth in the US. Even though from what I read in earlier pages of this thread, you can go with your visa and if given 6 months at entry, leave after delivery. However, there is also the option of doing a drop box visa renewal which i believe you qualify for. on dallas, i know someone has written on places earlier on but I can't remember right now. Hopefully someone with better information will come along soon. Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Imo007: 8:46am On Aug 02, 2014
Na so dem ask me oh....
Actually d get u EDD from it.
And d need a copy of it.
nefertitiram:

Hehehehe grin Na real proof of pregnancy! Your big belle nko?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2014
miri7b5N: Hi all, its been a while since I posted here, actually its been since the attack. Well, now im back.

Well I arrived in Dallas Texas on Thursday,
Its past 1am now and I need to go sleep. If I remember any other thing, I'll post it later.

Cheers,

Dolapo.

Congrats @ miri7b5n
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
@mollydee88. Congrats and you welcome.

@ijaymama you don't need to expedite anything. Dint they tell you at the hospital how soon it will come out? Go to the relevant county, I assume it's fortbend county since my hospital was also at sugarland. Mine came out 4 days post birth

When you get it call Houston passport office downtown for an appointment (check google for the address), drive down there, submit the relevant document and pick up your baby's passport the same day or the next day.

Then get the Naija visa, using an agent or however you choose. all these can be done in two weeks

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
IjayMama:
Hi anonymousmum,
1)Honestly, I arrived at exactly 36wks and after selecting Methodist Sugarland as my hospital of choice, i went to their site and had to just keep calling several Dr's on the list but some we're booked till next yr or didn't want to take my case cos I'm far gone. So I called d hospital and a nurse recommended Dr Le, dat she could fix me Into his schedule and dats hw I got him. But after selecting him, I heard he is a great Dr esp if you have a high risk pregnancy. Turned out lots of Naija women know and always select him as their ob-gyn.
2) I reached out to them on my arrival here oh. So just make sure u don't come in later than 36wks.
3) I had no correspondence with them nor any hospital prior to my arrival
4) I paid only on my first prenatal visit.
They will need to see you in person before accepting any payments. At the POE, they are aware some hospitals don't accept any correspondence nor cash before the arrival of the patient, so don't be worried if you don't have mails to show.

P.S
Please for mamas who hve had their babies in Texas and hve started processin or already processed their baby's US passport and Naija passport or visa, could u kindly give us info on how to get these docs within the shortest time possible? And wld appreciate any info on how to also fast track baby's birth cert.
Thanks.

Thanks for your response! I had been refreshing and refreshing the page hoping it would turn up...I really appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tyty24(f): 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
P0rtHarc0urtB0y:

Congrats @ miri7b5n

congrats. Please where exactly are you residing in dallas and please can you recommend a good hospital that will be affordable.

I'm planning to arrive ib Sept but I'm still in search of a good hospital and a doctor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.