Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381604 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 5:06am On Jul 30, 2014
vcole: Good day all. I've been an avid reader of this post and it has been really insightful. I'm due in October and planning on using el paso. I've got all my documents ready, however, because I didn't make up my mind on time, by the time I submitted my visa app, earliest available date is sept 2nd, my travel date is just a week after that. Any info anyone has on how I can get an earlier date would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

You can expedite your appointment: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp on medical reasons but you must have the following handy.
1. A letter from a naija doctor saying your case is critical and you should be giving immediate attention.
2. A letter from a US doctor saying they have looked at your case and are ready to receive you
3. Proof that you can pay the bill of have already paid the bills

But if you ask my candid advise, just wait for your normal date, it's not too late since your flight is the next week. Just go ahead with plans, do your bookings for accommodation and pay your hospital registration and deposit, and you'll be just fine.

Move in there with a positive mentality, be 100% honest and believe me, you'll walk out that door with your visa.

Congrats in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 5:10am On Jul 30, 2014
Why not fill out another DAS160 form and use studio 6 or Ramada? Studio 6 will even book it without card details.

All the best.

Ehido:

The situation with the intown suites booking is still same, I've not been able to get a confirmation. I'm still wondering how to go abt it before my embassy appointment date arrives.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2014
dinawe:

You can expedite your appointment: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-expeditedappointment.asp on medical reasons but you must have the following handy.
1. A letter from a naija doctor saying your case is critical and you should be giving immediate attention.
2. A letter from a US doctor saying they have looked at your case and are ready to receive you
3. Proof that you can pay the bill of have already paid the bills

But if you ask my candid advise, just wait for your normal date, it's not too late since your flight is the next week. Just go ahead with plans, do your bookings for accommodation and pay your hospital registration and deposit, and you'll be just fine.

Move in there with a positive mentality, be 100% honest and believe me, you'll walk out that door with your visa.

Congrats in advance.

Thanks. Yes, I've paid my hospital registration and booked accommodation and all. Basically just waiting for the interview. I am on the same page with you as regards the expedited appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 9:43am On Jul 30, 2014
Hello house,has anyone used New Jersey as point of entry?if yes how was d experience,will be going thru New Jersey so I would luv to know Ur opinion...tanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ehido(m): 10:18am On Jul 30, 2014
FinanceFitness: Why not fill out another DAS160 form and use studio 6 or Ramada? Studio 6 will even book it without card details.
All the best.

Thanks for ur suggestion, but I was wondering if filling another DS160 will make my appointment date invalid, cos I don't want to loose that date, can I still fill another form and keep the appointment date? (date is Aug 26th).

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:42am On Jul 30, 2014
rul77:
Hello house,has anyone used New Jersey as point of entry?if yes how was d experience,will be going thru New Jersey so I would luv to know Ur opinion...tanks
Hello rul77, I have used it as my POe for my last trip and though I was asked questions by two CBP officers while on the long queue, I didn't have any issue getting in. But that was when I wasn't pregnant. Why not use NY? NY and NJ are 15mins apart by the bridge and NY is a safe POE for preggies. Just my two cents.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2014
vcole: Good day all. I've been an avid reader of this post and it has been really insightful. I'm due in October and planning on using el paso. I've got all my documents ready, however, because I didn't make up my mind on time, by the time I submitted my visa app, earliest available date is sept 2nd, my travel date is just a week after that. Any info anyone has on how I can get an earlier date would be highly appreciated. Thanks. P.S. the intown suites site does have a problem. It makes your booking but doesnt show a confirmation page and doesnt send hou an email. Its been like this for about 3 weeks. I had to call to make a reservation which they say is fine .however, I booked somewhere else and filled that in for the purpose of my visa interview.
. Hv u booked the next available appointment yet? As for me when I needed a closer date for appointment, I went ahead to call d embassy but was told since it wasn't an emergency dat I should keep refreshing the appointment page dat most times they release closer dates, that same day I kept going bk to d appointment page to check and i was just lucky wen I checked around 5pm and i saw Abt 10new dates dt were released, I quickly took 2 slots And in less Dan 10 mins, d whole tin disappeared, that is to say dat there were other pple, refreshing the page just d way I was. And am sure dats d way all des pple sat collect moni to book earlier dates do der own. So if u hv strength and time u can try and be hopeful dt u will see. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogbenyalu: 12:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
@ imo007 Thank u for d info on extender stay e. oak street .i have been prayin for someone in this thread to use the place and give a review i booked for a double bed room there and will be coming 2nd wk of sept pls will u still be around then? lets hook up pls

@dinawe hi seems like we have d same calender will also be using BA. can we hook up too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
desertmoonxr:

...thats odd, my sister just had a baby through VBAC(much more expensive) in El Paso with Doctoresparati in June and they list the price on the website

I was just approved my visa and will be going to el paso. Officer was a bit rude during the interview too. He asked a lot of questions and then asked for proof that I had doctor and financial solvency. I showed him the letter of medical responsibility from Doctoresparati. He called them in front of me and even mentioned their name and greeted her. I heard him ask that he was confirming I was a patient (I guess they said yes), he immediatelt changed attitude and stamped me for 6 months.

Im bound for El Paso and will be there in August and September, please is there anybody going? I would love to meet up.... And what places are people using and how far is it from the hospital

Is it me or this doesnt sound right? Does US embassy stamp for 6 months?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TK2014: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
nikkygal:

I know someone that used Del sol(El paso) hospital was put on AP about 2wks ago when he & his wife went for their visa interview...But as God will have it, they were mailed just a few days ago to come & pick up their visas...Their interview was in Abuja. So I'll suggest you mail them or call them repeatedly to find out the status of your AP.

**P.S - For the number to call the embassy, you can ask on the USA student visa thread! It's quite popular there**

Thanks I will mail them and hope to receive a feedback from them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
From thababe

Total cost for Methodist Katy
Hospital -3,100 if paid before the end of the 8th month of pregnancy. Apparently this covered pediatrician while at the hospital

Dr Zimmerman - $1,400 (we hear it's now $1,600)

Total test done - $70

Ultrasound - $150

Pathology- $204, however received a 40 percent discount

Total amount spent was under $5k

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
nefertitiram:

Is it me or this doesnt sound right? Does US embassy stamp for 6 months?

Check his profile / posts. He has only that post, Just registered to post that comment, As typical with all elpaso agents. like I said the last time they are getting more and more careless (obvious)!

If we talk now they will say we are picking on elpaso.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
lol @uchetobi. I beg you oh.. i don laugh tire!
But seriously, I was uncomfortable with the storyline, things don't seem to add up.
Please desertmoonxr, read your post again and edit it properly. We are here to learn and not give out wrong information. So I will stay on the side of mistyped entry and hope you correct it ASAP.
@all, hope we rested during the break. Happy week all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Imo007: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Oh No i wont be.
But its a very convinient, easily accessible location.

[quote author=ogbenyalu]@ imo007 Thank u for d info on extender stay e. oak street .i have been prayin for someone in this thread to use the place and give a
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Phoenix Mamas, will anybody else be travelling alone? I am open to sharing a 2bdrm suite or apartment to save up on costs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
@nefertitiram pls send me a private message am planning on traveling alone won't mind d company cos d boredom won't b easy,wen do u plan on traveling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
@nefertitiram i would be travelling end sept, wont mind to share a suite as far as the place is spacious and comfy cool
holla @ me.

Ds question may have been answered in the past, but please how does one register at MIHS. I would like to register early to avoid stories.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
ozycy: . Hv u booked the next available appointment yet? As for me when I needed a closer date for appointment, I went ahead to call d embassy but was told since it wasn't an emergency dat I should keep refreshing the appointment page dat most times they release closer dates, that same day I kept going bk to d appointment page to check and i was just lucky wen I checked around 5pm and i saw Abt 10new dates dt were released, I quickly took 2 slots And in less Dan 10 mins, d whole tin disappeared, that is to say dat there were other pple, refreshing the page just d way I was. And am sure dats d way all des pple sat collect moni to book earlier dates do der own. So if u hv strength and time u can try and be hopeful dt u will see. Cheers
Thanks. Well, I didn't have the energy to keep refreshing the page. Lol. So I got someone to do it, and I've got a date for second week of august.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
dserious: @nefertitiram i would be travelling end sept, wont mind to share a suite as far as the place is spacious and comfy cool
holla @ me.

Ds question may have been answered in the past, but please how does one register at MIHS. I would like to register early to avoid stories.

Thanks

I will be travelling sept ending, but have to be in NY for a few days before heading to Phoenix. I actually called the hosp, some lady took my details and booked me in for Oct 14th, and said they will mail (not email, but physically post) an appointment confirmation letter to your house address. But when you call, they will book you in for a convenient date for you.

I am in touch with a lady in Phoenix who will help with getting a furnished apartment complex or suite over there to rent, she will also arrange for airport pick up and all that. I am counting on her for the accommodation bit, and if @rul77 is down as well, maybe the lady will search for a 3 bedroom (if it doesn't cost a fortune and we get to have our individual privacy, not minding the little chit chat here and there! lol!)
Send me a private message, let's plan better.

I intend to use Iberia through Madrid to NY, I just saw a ticket for N196k, seems too good to be true. Then take the Jet Blue flight from JFK to PHX for like N35k.

Pardon me o, I am on a serious budget so I am searching for the cheapest possible options o! 2 babies at once is not moi moi for me. Every kobo counts

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Just got this response from one of the apartment complexes I contacted. Best part is grin FREE FOOD! lol! #cheapskate. They don't have 2 bedrooms

For fellow tight budget phoenix mamas, a studio apartment is $21 a day! shocked

Hi,
Thank-you for your interest in our apartments. We have the best units for the money.
To rent from us weekly you need your ID (passports are fine), the deposit ($49.00 with no pets), and the first week's rent. I can not guarantee what we will have available as we rent on a first come first serve basis and our availability changes daily. When you get to town you can email me, call the office directly, or just stop by the office and view what we do have available.

Studios starting from $149.95 + tax weekly, with a 25 inch TV
One Bedrooms starting from $174.95 + tax weekly, with a two TV’s

Free food Monday through Friday

Week to Week or Month to Month

No Length of Stay Commitment
Move In Today

Nicely Furnished with Utilities Included
Free Wireless Internet

Free 74 Channel Cable
HBO, CNN, ESPN
No Credit Requirement

Gated Parking --- Cool Pool

Clean & Well Maintained Units
On-Site Laundry

On Bus Line

We allow some Pets: One dog up to 30 pounds or two cats allowed per unit with additional deposit

Studios and one Bedrooms with Full Kitchens and Baths. Your Choice of One Queen or Two Twin Beds. Look whats included at no additional cost: Basic Furniture, Utilities, Cable & HBO, Wireless Internet. All You Need is Your Personal Items and Your Ready to Go.

Move In The Same Day and Move out any Day. You check Out just Like a Hotel with No Penalties and We Refund any Prepaid Rent and Your Security Deposit at Move Out. Taxes are not included. Linens, dishes, kitchen ware not included but may be available for an additional fee.

Maximum occupancy for studios are two people and for one bedrooms are three people. Rates are subject to change. Other restrictions may apply.

To rent you will need your ID, the deposit ($49.00 for weekly rentals and for monthly rentals your deposit is based on your rental history), the first week’s or month’s rent, and for monthly rentals you will need proof of income of two times your monthly rent or more. When you rent on a weekly basis you move in the same day and when you rent on a monthly basis it can take up to 48 hours to get approved.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them via email, you can call the office during regular business hours.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
@nefertitiram; ; that's a nice one nt bad.hwz d distance to d hospital n wwhat's d name? Thanks for d info pls keep us posted wit any info n others u get to knw abt@imo007:thanks for d info on d extended stay will check it out online. Pls iz it furnished
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
I ve been trying to get a closer date for interview but it seems I'm not lucky o! Pls help, I need 1st or 2nd week on August
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
akelvin: @nefertitiram; ; that's a nice one nt bad.hwz d distance to d hospital n wwhat's d name? Thanks for d info pls keep us posted wit any info n others u get to knw abt@imo007:thanks for d info on d extended stay will check it out online. Pls iz it furnished

It's a 15mins drive to MIHS, checked it out on google maps, it's just 2 turns then you hit the highway directly to the hosp.

The name of the apartment complex is siesta palms. The website is 4rentweekly.com They don't do reservation, you just walk in with your stuff.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hi neferititiram
Pls did MIHS mail u aa appointment confirmation letter, cos all I have gotten so far from dm is an email booking my appointment with financial. pls all MIHS bound momas to b pls hlp with this info.
Thanks a lot.

I will be travelling sept ending, but have to be in NY for a few days before heading to Phoenix. I actually called the hosp, some lady took my details and booked me in for Oct 14th, and said they will mail (not email, but physically post) an appointment confirmation letter to your house address. But when you call, they will book you in for a convenient date for you.

I am in touch with a lady in Phoenix who will help with getting a furnished apartment complex or suite over there to rent, she will also arrange for airport pick up and all that. I am counting on her for the accommodation bit, and if @rul77 is down as well, maybe the lady will search for a 3 bedroom (if it doesn't cost a fortune and we get to have our individual privacy, not minding the little chit chat here and there! lol!)
Send me a private message, let's plan better.

I intend to use Iberia through Madrid to NY, I just saw a ticket for N196k, seems too good to be true. Then take the Jet Blue flight from JFK to PHX for like N35k.

Pardon me o, I am on a serious budget so I am searching for the cheapest possible options o! 2 babies at once is not moi moi for me. Every kobo counts[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
nefertitiram:

It's a 15mins drive to MIHS, checked it out on google maps, it's just 2 turns then you hit the highway directly to the hosp.

The name of the apartment complex is siesta palms. The website is 4rentweekly.com They don't do reservation, you just walk in with your stuff.

Hi neferititiram
Pls did MIHS mail u aa appointment confirmation letter, cos all I have gotten so far from dm is an email booking my appointment with financial. pls all MIHS bound momas to b pls hlp with this info.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
IjayMama: Methodist Hospital Sugar Land. I was told I will do only one test, it'll cost $10 and it's compulsory cos I wanna hve a vaginal delivery & they need to b sure I don't hve any infection dat can affect d baby during birth. All my test results from my hospital in Naija was accepted. The Dr's name is Dr. Duc Le. He accepts patients till 36weeks.

hello Ijaymama,

Methodist Sugarland is looking very attractive to me as I have family in the area...

Please can you provide more information re:

1. I went to the website and saw a loooong list of doctors to choose from. How did you get to meet Dr. Le? I wont mind you sharing what informed your decision to use Dr. Le...
2. When did you reach out to them? I am just a few weeks into the second trimester, i'm thinking maybe its too early?
3. Did they provide you e-mail correspondence before you traveled?
4. Did you have to pre-pay in any way?

Sorry many questions but I'm thinking you seem to have a lot of info since you are on ground.

Thanks, very grateful smiley

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jellykiks: 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello house been a follower for somtimes but loose contact when d forum ws reload. Im presently in d US,houston precisely .point of entry ws houston , ws so scared cos of what av heard abt the point of entry,insist dat hubby must go with me.as God will av it i spent less than 5 min .d qustion where brief,ask i ws in us last year i told him yes to av my baby ,who unfortunately ws still birth at dallas.he said sorry abt dat.ask hubby how long he will be staying hubby said few wks to get me settled.dat ws all .

Im using whmc,and my dr is Dr lar, Dr la chargies 2500 for either virginal or c section depend on the report u bring from nigeria ,but inclussive of all blood workand scan u pay additional 1k. D clinic charges 3k for normal delivery and 4k for c section for 3days stay .while addtional day spent after d 3 days if 500 for mother and 1k. For child.

Anesthesia is 1200 which im told could negotiable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by momofangels: 1:11am On Jul 31, 2014
dinawe: Alot of MIHS mama's. Tried sending a private message to nefertitiram, freshface and dseriousbut it kept saying ''You have sent too many anonymous mails. Please wait.''

Anyway, initially i made up my mind for elpaso, but because they won't let me try VBAC, i

Hi just an update for people who want to go through VBAC in elpaso town.u can use university medical centre instead of doctoresparati/Del sol. U may want to ask for Dr Lynn. Anyone interested can check out their website and call them for re confirmation or further details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 4:02am On Jul 31, 2014
@ehido, No it won't. A number of people here have changed their confirmation number.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.