Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380711 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 6:44am On Aug 03, 2014
For Dallas Mama's:, i used this hospital the last time:

Denton Regional Medical Center
Hospital's Bill: 3,000 (Vaginal Delivery) , 5,000 (C-Section)
Physician (Dr Antonio Asis): Amazing guy: 2,435
Test & Lab cop - 320 + 438
Pathologist - 1,300 (ended up paying 700)
Anesthesiologist and Pediatrician (Can't remember exactly)

You get a lot of discount when you pay all at once.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 10:08am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello house, I have learnt a lot from this thread. Thanks everyone! Please I need help and advice. I plan flying united airline which is direct to houston, however united airline said their policy is 32wks with a clause
"We recommend 32 weeks as standard policy for travelling pregnant women.
34 weeks may be considered but that will be solely at the discretion of the officer checking you in at the airport."
I plan to travel btw 34-35wks. Has any1 here travelled with united airline after 32wks? Did you have any issue at d airport? Please advise.
Also can any1 recommend accommodation in Houston
Please reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by foreverblessed: 11:58am On Aug 03, 2014
@Mamatukwas

Gwinnett, I hear is very good, so you are good to go...it's a bit far from where I'd be, that's why I'm not considering it. Plan to be there late Oct...not made concrete plans yet though.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
uchetobi: @mollydee88. Congrats and you welcome.

@ijaymama you don't need to expedite anything. Dint they tell you at the hospital how soon it will come out? Go to the relevant county, I assume it's fortbend county since my hospital was also at sugarland. Mine came out 4 days post birth

When you get it call Houston passport office downtown for an appointment (check google for the address), drive down there, submit the relevant document and pick up your baby's passport the same day or the next day.

Then get the Naija visa, using an agent or however you choose. all these can be done in two weeks

Thanks uchetobi....I wasn't informed at d hospital hw long it'll take to get d birth cert but I'll ask.
Wld also appreciate more info or a contact for d agent who cld help get Naija visa...thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MissG(f): 8:58pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hello house, has anyone used Atlanta as POE? What was your experience, I'd appreciate a response. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 5:29am On Aug 04, 2014
Hi house!

Today I was in USA Embassy in Malaysia with my husband. I want to say before that we are russian and it's a little bit complicated to receive that type of visa in non-residence country. We were talking a lot time with immigration officer. My husband speaks very bad in english, so he wanted to give pink paper with refusing and for me yellow paper. Then he changed his mind and gave to my husband another yellow paper with administrative checking. So he has to prove his educational background, send CV and explanation of his professional skills. That one we can do without any problems. More over, we have to send it just through email

In my situation, we bring 4 husband bank statement from russian bank and 1 local bank statement with my savings. So together we had more then 10 000 usd. Then immigration officer asked us , do we have just russian bank accounts. I answered, that I have local one, but my sponsor is my husband. SO he told that we don't have enough proof of payment. So I found that he doesn't believe russian papers. So he gave me yellow small paper with that text:

"Your passport and documents are being returned to you. Your application is refused pending the provision of missing documentation. This is routine procedure in the U.S. visa process. We will continue processing your application upon receipt of the information and /or documents listed below. Detailed and complete documentation will help us decide your case quickly, while incomplete or vague answers may result in further delays."

And he filled form with that text OTHER PROOF OF PAYMENT.

So, what do you think? what does it could be?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 5:34am On Aug 04, 2014
MissG: Hello house, has anyone used Atlanta as POE? What was your experience, I'd appreciate a response. Thank you

Hi dear, I came in tru Atlanta just this Thursday and it was super smooth.The officer that attended to me was so cool, in short, just ask God for favour. You can check out my last post for more info on my Atlanta experience. I wish you a safe and stress free journey.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 7:31am On Aug 04, 2014
MissG: Hello house, has anyone used Atlanta as POE? What was your experience, I'd appreciate a response. Thank you

Atlanta POE is great, I came in last week Tuesday, the 29th of July. It was smooth, flew with Delta Airline cos Qatar Airways deemed me unfit to fly cos I was like 35+1day. Their Airline rule is actually 35wks but according to them the 1day extra made me unfit to fly. And then they told me that their refund process take about 3weeks, was soo angry cos I had to buy another ticket 2days before departure and believe me, it was very expensive. shocked

Anyway ATL POE was smooth, we arrived 5:15am & we were one of the first folks to be interviewed. Didn't have a lot of cash on me just about $1,500 and the Customs officer asked me why I was here, I told him for Vacation & medical treatment, how much I had on me? Told him $1,500. Asked me what my final destination is, who i'm going to stay with, what I do for a living, what my Uncle does for a living and didn't even ask to see any document. He had already stamped me in for 6months before asking me some of these questions.

Was just praying throughout for Favour which God gave me.

Just pray for God's favour, that's what you need. grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 7:34am On Aug 04, 2014
miri7b5N:

Hi dear, I came in tru Atlanta just this Thursday and it was super smooth.The officer that attended to me was so cool, in short, just ask God for favour. You can check out my last post for more info on my Atlanta experience. I wish you a safe and stress free journey.

Cheers.

Hi dear, i'm so happy you came in smoothly. take care of yourself oh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 7:46am On Aug 04, 2014
Morning all, pls does anyone know of a good private hospital in Abuja where I can have my ante natal pls and if possible wats d cost of registration and other details pls. Tanx.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2014
Varvara: Hi house!

Today I was in USA Embassy in Malaysia with my husband. I want to say before that we are russian and it's a little bit complicated to receive that type of visa in non-residence country. We were talking a lot time with immigration officer. My husband speaks very bad in english, so he wanted to give pink paper with refusing and for me yellow paper. Then he changed his mind and gave to my husband another yellow paper with administrative checking. So he has to prove his educational background, send CV and explanation of his professional skills. That one we can do without any problems. More over, we have to send it just through email

In my situation, we bring 4 husband bank statement from russian bank and 1 local bank statement with my savings. So together we had more then 10 000 usd. Then immigration officer asked us , do we have just russian bank accounts. I answered, that I have local one, but my sponsor is my husband. SO he told that we don't have enough proof of payment. So I found that he doesn't believe russian papers. So he gave me yellow small paper with that text:

"Your passport and documents are being returned to you. Your application is refused pending the provision of missing documentation. This is routine procedure in the U.S. visa process. We will continue processing your application upon receipt of the information and /or documents listed below. Detailed and complete documentation will help us decide your case quickly, while incomplete or vague answers may result in further delays."

And he filled form with that text OTHER PROOF OF PAYMENT.

So, what do you think? what does it could be?

You are both Russians but living and working in Malaysia?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 8:13am On Aug 04, 2014
justwise:

You are both Russians but living and working in Malaysia?

Yes, it's true! I can't imagine how can I prove my payment in another way.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Varvara:

Yes, it's true! I can't imagine how can I prove my payment in another way.

How about transferring the money in Russian bank to Malaysia bank for easy verification? You know because of sanctions on Russia and relationship between Russia and US it may be difficult to verify documents from Russia

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2014
justwise:

How about transferring the money in Russian bank to Malaysia bank for easy verification? You know because of sanctions on Russia and relationship between Russia and US it may be difficult to verify documents from Russia

Yes. You are totally right. I'm not sure that here is a question of sanctions. Here he concerned more with local account. I think we'll do it exactly in that way and we'll make official bank statement. Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 9:12am On Aug 04, 2014
Varvara:

Yes. You are totally right. I'm not sure that here is a question of sanctions. Here he concerned more with local account. I think we'll do it exactly in that way and we'll make official bank statement. Thank you very much.

All the best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hawtmum: 11:27am On Aug 04, 2014
@web005: i flew United @ 34 weeks. They just asked for my fit to fly. But that was in May tho. I don't think anything has changed recently. This is what i found on their website.

Traveling while pregnant

Any woman in the first eight months of pregnancy will be allowed to travel on a United flight without medical documentation.

A woman traveling during her ninth month of pregnancy must have the original and two copies of an obstetrician’s certificate, which must be dated within three days (72 hours) prior to her flight departure. To best assure the pregnant traveler’s safety, it is preferable to have a certificate dated within one day of flight departure.

The certificate must state that the obstetrician has examined the customer and found her to be physically fit for air travel between the specified dates. The estimated birth date of the baby must be after the date of the last flight on the itinerary.

The customer should provide the original certificate to a United Representative at check-in. The remaining copies are for reference during air travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
For anyone interested or has family in Utah, I found this information

http://www.avmc-hospital.org/services/the_birth_place/pre-paid_plan_for_uninsured_mothers.aspx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
@debrixxy,wow! thats a wonderful testimony on POE. with $1,500 the CBP officer let you in when recently we had someone at houston turned back for only having $2,500? thats real favour. I tap into it oh especialy as I am planning the atlanta route too. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
@ Queenetha, thanks alot. I called d MIHS num and requested for dr appointment. I was sent an email for appointment with financial. I will call again to knw if i can get an appointmet wt dr, otherwise i will present d email appt with financial at POE. Have you gone to d embassy yet?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
My visa application with my son's was approved. Naira land guys I thank you o! I got a lot of info from this forum,

The vo just asked where I'm going, for what reason, what's the budget, how I earn and how much my hubby earns. Then asked if I ve travelled b4 and that was it. Visa approved.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Babymama123: Hello house, have been reading all day. Thanks all your messages, please have got some questions to ask I was granted USA B1/b2 visa I told them at the embassy I was going for vacation in Houston also am still single. But of a truth I am a married lady and I am going to have my baby. Also after a lot of consideration MIHS seems to be more affordable and cheaper.
Pls do I have to go through Houston before going to Arizona since I declared at the embassy I was going to Houston. Also do I have to declare am pregnant, am due in November and I intend traveling in October, please advise, should I still stick to my vacation n Houston or change my route and say the truth. Thanks.

Do you think it's fun to be deported with a big tummy ? Do you think it's fun to be banned for 10 years for lying? These guys are not dummies o. You either go for your vacation and come back or give birth and risk future denials. Don't use any lie to go through Houston ,at other POE you may be lucky. You have complicated this matter well. what is the proof you wont use medicaid? I now see why some VO and CBP are often angry and bitter.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
Babymama123: Hello house, have been reading all day. Thanks all your messages, please have got some questions to ask I was granted USA B1/b2 visa I told them at the embassy I was going for vacation in Houston also am still single. But of a truth I am a married lady and I am going to have my baby. Also after a lot of consideration MIHS seems to be more affordable and cheaper.
Pls do I have to go through Houston before going to Arizona since I declared at the embassy I was going to Houston. Also do I have to declare am pregnant, am due in November and I intend traveling in October, please advise, should I still stick to my vacation n Houston or change my route and say the truth. Thanks.

You are not doing yourself and that unborn baby any favour, you will get caught.

Good luck.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
hawtmum: @web005: i flew United @ 34 weeks. They just asked for my fit to fly. But that was in May tho. I don't think anything has changed recently. This is what i found on their website.

Traveling while pregnant

Any woman in the first eight months of pregnancy will be allowed to travel on a United flight without medical documentation.

A woman traveling during her ninth month of pregnancy must have the original and two copies of an obstetrician’s certificate, which must be dated within three days (72 hours) prior to her flight departure. To best assure the pregnant traveler’s safety, it is preferable to have a certificate dated within one day of flight departure.

The certificate must state that the obstetrician has examined the customer and found her to be physically fit for air travel between the specified dates. The estimated birth date of the baby must be after the date of the last flight on the itinerary.

The customer should provide the original certificate to a United Representative at check-in. The remaining copies are for reference during air travel.

Thank you so much!
Now I can concentrate on looking for accommodation in Houston!
Please house I need help with this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2014

Lying doesn't pay my sister. I am very disappointed you lied. You read this forum page to page and you still lied? Very very disappointing really!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 12:39am On Aug 05, 2014
Dear Moms who send me emails and details for an appointment at MIHS. I tried all ways and my best to get an appointment for you or at least 3 or 4 moms. They did not accept at all even I went to the nurse I told them my friends should book ticket and hotel only after getting an appointment with OB. They said sould be here physically. I am sorry but what to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by efuru: 1:09am On Aug 05, 2014
@Ibtisam24 please what airport do i use in houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 3:05am On Aug 05, 2014
@efuru I came through JFK
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 05, 2014
Uhmn, I just came across this forum yesterday, had I known I won't have lied.
What is your candid advise. Have got the cash required to carry out all my medical expenses and also correspondence between my relative dere and the doctors. Pls help. Can I write to the consulate and seek approval.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 4:52am On Aug 05, 2014
mamacajah: @debrixxy,wow! thats a wonderful testimony on POE. with $1,500 the CBP officer let you in when recently we had someone at houston turned back for only having $2,500? thats real favour. I tap into it oh especialy as I am planning the atlanta route too. grin

Yes oh, God's favour indeed. My final destination was actually Houston through Qatar Airways but when they informed me that i was unfit to fly i took it as a sign and changed my POE to Atlanta, though i was angry sha. Imagine if i had gone through Houston POE, wow! God has a way of doing things.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2014
Ibtisam24: Dear Moms who send me emails and details for an appointment at MIHS. I tried all ways and my best to get an appointment for you or at least 3 or 4 moms. They did not accept at all even I went to the nurse I told them my friends should book ticket and hotel only after getting an appointment with OB. They said sould be here physically. I am sorry but what to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.