Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380156 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
congrats blesyn83. wow, this awesome....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
Congrats Blesyn83! Awesome God be praised!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 4:43am On Aug 19, 2014
Congrats Blesyn83

In which week you had your prince?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by trav(m): 4:57am On Aug 19, 2014
Thanks for the info PortHarcoutBoy.
Congratulations Blesyn8. May God be praised
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 8:47am On Aug 19, 2014
With our hearts filled with joy and our mouths filled wth laughter,we give God all the glory for the arrival of our new bouncing baby boy last night @ El Paso, Texas. United States of America.

Speial thanks to @ Miri7b5N for staying with my wife during labor....may the good God always rise to your occassion.....i'm very grateful....i'd ve suffered cardiac arrest yesterday if not for your updates......thanks! thanks!! and thanks!!!

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:23am On Aug 19, 2014
Congrats Blessyn83 and Portharcourtboy! God keep the little ones and cause them to shine as lights in their generation!! Strength, grace and unending resources made available to you guys for their upbringing!! More testimonies to roll in!! grin[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by betty1983(f): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2014
Congrats to the new mums and dads.
I'm awaiting your kind advice

Hi peeps, I've been a silent follower for a while. I'm about 12 weeks preggy and hubby and I have decided on El Paso. We've also decided that I travel with my mum, who'll be of great assistance to me, we've also been able to save up enough funds for this project. However, I'm wondering if my mum & I should apply and go for an interview together or should I apply first, get my before and mum does hers thereafter. I intend declaring my true purpose while my mum's purpose would be to assist/support her child before/after delivery. I'm just wondering which option has a higher chance of success, together or one after another. Ofcourse, I know God's favour is the ultimate, but I do need some guidelines please. Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2014
Go with your mom.. They expect someone to be there with you to support you all through the process.. From experience, you will be asked why your hubby is not going with you, so giving a response on his non-availability will be augmented by the fact that that's the reason your mom is going with you. Make sure you have enough funds that can support both of you. Get all necessary documents from the hospital backed with your correspondences and for accommodation as well, do your budget and present yourself there. God's favor is with you..
betty1983: Congrats to the new mums and dads.
I'm awaiting your kind advice

Hi peeps, I've been a silent follower for a while. I'm about 12 weeks preggy and hubby and I have decided on El Paso. We've also decided that I travel with my mum, who'll be of great assistance to me, we've also been able to save up enough funds for this project. However, I'm wondering if my mum & I should apply and go for an interview together or should I apply first, get my before and mum does hers thereafter. I intend declaring my true purpose while my mum's purpose would be to assist/support her child before/after delivery. I'm just wondering which option has a higher chance of success, together or one after another. Ofcourse, I know God's favour is the ultimate, but I do need some guidelines please. Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kingsdaughter: 10:19am On Aug 19, 2014
Big Congrats @blesyn83 and @portharcourtboy May God bless your little ones and May they be stars in their Generation. Make I go Rumueme go pop Orijin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2014
Congrats @ P0rtHarc0urtB0y and @blesyn83.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by FinanceFitness: 11:14am On Aug 19, 2014
Congratulations!

P0rtHarc0urtB0y: With our hearts filled with joy and our mouths filled wth laughter,we give God all the glory for the arrival of our new bouncing baby boy last night @ El Paso, Texas. United States of America.

Speial thanks to @ Miri7b5N for staying with my wife during labor....may the good God always rise to your occassion.....i'm very grateful....i'd ve suffered cardiac arrest yesterday if not for your updates......thanks! thanks!! and thanks!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2014
Wow! Congrats Portharcourtboy! Lots of testimonies! Baba God Noni ooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
ebonyademi: please aw long does it take MIHS to respond to an appointment. i called 2 weeks ago and was lucky to book the appointment via call but yet to get any postal mail from them....................... i need the letter to apply for my Mum ASAP

I was waiting almost 1 month. First letter was lost because of misspelling and second came in 2 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
So I got dis from lagos us embassy:

Thank you for your email.

There is legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly.  Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit (MAM)
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

What does this imply abeg? Yet to hear from Abuja though.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by donbusky(m): 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Congrats @P0rtHarc0urtB0y. May God grant mother and baby good health and safe journey back.

Please what was your wife's itinerary to El Paso? As per, what airline and P.O.E did she use? Also did she book directly to El Paso from Nigeria, or did she have to get the flight to El Paso herself after landing and how was the experience vis a vis cost?

My wife will be travelling in a couple of months to El Paso as well and we are considering options.

Thanks as you reply.

P0rtHarc0urtB0y: With our hearts filled with joy and our mouths filled wth laughter,we give God all the glory for the arrival of our new bouncing baby boy last night @ El Paso, Texas. United States of America.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
Freshface: So I got dis from lagos us embassy:
There is legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The ......

This is the same mail I got too!

I am also yet to hear from Abuja. I thought the legal requirement stuff was a typo but since you got it as well, I am really beginning to wonder what this is about.

I have sent them a mail to clarify what is meant by legal requirement though, waiting to hear back from them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
Freshface: So I got dis from lagos us embassy:

There is legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly.  Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit (MAM)
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

The section in bold says it all, get all your documents ready for the trip.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
justwise:
The section in bold says it all, get all your documents ready for the trip.

ah justwise, its not that straightforward, why will everyone else's letter say something and my own says something different?

They have rectified mine though, they sent another one with the edited line.

@freshface maybe you should just prompt them so they will resend the letter, my 2 cents.

Cheers all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
Big Congrats to all new Mams and dads.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
So I got this from Abuja:

Thank you for your inquiry. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival.  Healthcare in the United States is expensive, including costs associated with child birth, and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received.  Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment. 

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 4:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
I think I like d Abuja response better, besides my visa came from there. Now dat d embassy has bn settled I still need help with accomodation abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
I have an appointment with WHMC and will be traveling early November, anyone in the same boat? And can anyone pls suggest good rentals not far from the hospital. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
congrats portharcourt boy on the safe delivery of your baby. more good news for us.. GOD is good!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
Got the same.. Definitely going with this one! Guess the person in charge was on leave..hehehehe....Sent the mail since last week..
Freshface: So I got this from Abuja:

Thank you for your inquiry. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival.  Healthcare in the United States is expensive, including costs associated with child birth, and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received.  Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment. 

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
folusho2001: Hello I am new in this forum. I am going to USA Houston Texas in November to give birth. Visa has bn granted but I will like to meet with those people going that period cos traveling to US is new to me and am going with my 5yr old daughter. Pls you could email me on foluso2001@yahoo.com. thank you

I'm pretty new here too. I already have an appointment at WHMC for november and it's my first. Feeling a little overwhelmed. Having someone in same is nice. Won't mind hooking up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Congrats to Portharcourtboy, blesyn83 and everyone who has had babies in recent times; many more good news to come.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zmoney: 12:21am On Aug 20, 2014
I just want to share this. I've been a silent follower of this thread.Got into houston 2days ago with Houston as POE. No hassles with the officer. Was asked my reason for coming of which I replied to have my baby.
He asked for correspondence btw me and a dr, and if I had cash to pay my bills. I said yes but he didn't ask how much or want to see it. Was stamped in for 6months.
God is faithful. It pays to be truthful from the onset at d embassy and afterwards.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alubosa: 6:23am On Aug 20, 2014
congrats @ PH Man and @ blesyn83
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2014
zmoney: I just want to share this. I've been a silent follower of this thread.Got into houston 2days ago with Houston as POE. No hassles with the officer. Was asked my reason for coming of which I replied to have my baby.
He asked for correspondence btw me and a dr, and if I had cash to pay my bills. I said yes but he didn't ask how much or want to see it. Was stamped in for 6months.
God is faithful. It pays to be truthful from the onset at d embassy and afterwards.

Please does she need to carry that kind of cash on her for travel? As in raw cash of over 1.5M? Isn't that risky? I was thinking she needs to carry a card on her with her account statement.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 8:30am On Aug 20, 2014
Nochid: Congrats to Portharcourtboy, blesyn83 and everyone who has had babies in recent times; many more good news to come.

Congratulations guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.