Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) (55703 Views)

U.S. Colonial Pipeline Pays N2.043b In Ransom To Hackers / Trump: Why I Was Taken To White House Underground Bunker / ‘Pinch Me!’ - Vladimir Putin To Nigerian Student Who Was Bemused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by galaxylauncher: 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
America President Donald Trump explains why he refused to pay ransom To Terrorist Who Kidnapped An American In Nigeria. Instead he sent Navy SEAL To rescue the American hostage in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGgyasQEZho

“We got our young man back”: A rescue in Nigeria gives Trump a late foreign policy win

“We got our young man back”: A rescue in Nigeria gives Trump a late foreign policy win

An American hostage is safe and in the care of the US State Department, the Pentagon said Saturday, after a successful early morning rescue operation by US special forces in northern Nigeria.

The hostage, Philip Nathan Walton, was abducted by armed kidnappers in southern Niger on Tuesday this week; his captors reportedly demanded a ransom of more than $1 million for his freedom. According to the Washington Post, Walton, 27, was rescued by members of the elite Seal Team 6.

No US troops were harmed in the rescue, and the New York Times reports that all but one of the kidnappers were killed.

President Donald Trump also celebrated Walton’s return, and used the rescue to burnish his foreign policy credentials at a campaign rally Saturday in Newton, Pennsylvania.

“We got our young man back, but the other side suffered gravely, I can tell you that,” Trump said. “We’ve gotten many hostages home. And I pay nothing, nothing. Can’t pay. Once you pay, you’ll have many many more.”

Recovering Americans captured abroad is a bright spot in Trump’s foreign policy record
Watson isn’t the only American to be kidnapped in West Africa in recent years; at least one other American, aid worker Jeffery Woodke, is believed to still be in Mali after a 2016 kidnapping in central Niger. But the US has recovered a number of hostages successfully during the Trump administration, including ones held in Yemen and North Korea.

These successes — much like the successful special-forces rescue of Walton in Nigeria — are precisely the kind of foreign policy victories Trump likes to highlight. His current national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, was the US special envoy for hostage affairs until 2019, and in August, the Republican National Convention prominently featured six Americans previously held hostage abroad in a conversation with Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020/10/31/21543389/we-got-our-young-man-back-a-rescue-in-nigeria-gives-trump-a-late-foreign-policy-win

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Jones4190(m): 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2020
the kidnapped didn't take place in nigeria,get the fact before posting

112 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by LikeAking: 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
He did it to win votes.

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by inoki247: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2020
Some people don dey create thread already saying different theory..

Cause our force can't win a mission than to fire unarmed protesters at Lekki doesn't mean oda countries will b daft like dem...

Let's just say APC too send Soldiers to kill unarmed Lekki protesters just to win 2023 Election shey eni eh daft ni...

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by ArewaWife(m): 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2020
Jones4190:

Where was the kidnapped victim held?

331 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Moferere: 12:16am On Nov 03, 2020
Capacity Leader.

His competency is never in doubt

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by slawormiir: 7:48am On Nov 03, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Trump be forming like a real niggarrr

Jones4190:

You are not a real niggarr

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by inoki247: 7:48am On Nov 03, 2020
When Asap Rocky had issues in Sweden no b the same Trump intervene for the Mata abi e did that for re election also....

Say our president no value him people no mean say oda country President go dull like him..

166 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by SmartPolician: 7:48am On Nov 03, 2020
Donald Trump has seen something to campaign with.

All politicans are the same.

Warriors (soldiers) fight and win battles (wars), but kings (politicans) take the credit

It's a cruel world.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by joviegghead: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2020
Before you start typing and insulting Nigeria, i want you to know that the kidnapping was actually in Niger not Nigeria.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Mathantics: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2020
Their mission is to grow in numbers, resources and power to wage war on Western and secular values and all they stand for. Can't you all see that most of Northern Africa is muslim and they're doing all they can to push it down the whole of Africa, which is why they hate Southern Nigeria with a passion?

I keep telling Southerners and Middle Belters, 'One Nigeria' is a mirage but some of them keep arguing. The agenda is to turn Nigeria to the likes of Algeria, Niger etc. Okay na. cool

If you doubt the possibility, go learn history lessons of Lebanon.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12616607_congratsifyouarebeyondthestatistic_pnge167e5efad55aa57d98ab019baebfb81

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12616615_islamafricanmap_jpeg1d49057e7a6026e0b0bacacbbc63fab5

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Madibah(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2020
Jones4190:

It's Nigerians who kidnapped then from Niger
And they were still held hostage in Nigeria

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by bestman09(m): 7:49am On Nov 03, 2020
Thanks Mr Trump.

Thanks for the value you placed on the life of your citizens.

Thanks for not paying ransom like our government as it could have triggered more abductions.

If only the lifeless one in aso rock will humble himself and learn at your feet on how to rule

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by IdontGivAfuck: 7:49am On Nov 03, 2020
grin
Nigeria is a lawless land so Trump reacted in kind

Sent his forces in and wiped those goat fûcker bokoharam kidnappers away
Something the Nigerian military can never do successfully

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Sweetcollins: 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
We aff hear oga
Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by punisha: 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
angry

While one dullard is busy compensating killers and sending them abroad and negotiating with terrorists.

25 Likes

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by MaziAlaye(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
Jones4190:
Took place in Niger then the kidnappers moved to Nigeria because they know it's a safe place for them.

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Lionelbhass(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
ArewaWife:

Japan wink

6 Likes

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Guyman02: 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
Elrufai said he traveled to Niger and Chad to pay ransom to them and plead with them in Fulfude to stop killing Southern Kaduna people.
This is the reason banditry has persisted, Fulanis in government and security agencies don't want to kill their own people

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by OfficialAwol(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
My own is that I'm here to tell zombies that Trump will win reelection.

Thankio!

13 Likes

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by datola: 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
No wonder most people wants to die for American citizenship.

But are we sure the same would happen if it were to be Nigerian American that was kidnapped.

Nigeria's leaders need to learn that there is no greater honour than making their country great like the US.

I can't see anything honourable in embezzling money and flaunting stolen wealth in the midst of extreme poverty.

God bless America. God bless Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by pharmagba: 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
With my little experience in this world and international politics and Military.

The American hostage is probably an undercover spy disguised as a missionary, in the process of nosing around got captured.

The American have got no choice than to rescue him at all cost.

5 Likes

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Kachi4christ(m): 7:50am On Nov 03, 2020
Ask him oo.. deluded fellows
ArewaWife:

5 Likes

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by DenreleDave(m): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2020
Good
Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Blackking98(m): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2020
LikeAking:
He did it to win votes.
That's a political masterstroke for him.
Your own burdillon king supported the killing of his citizens at lekki toll gate in trying to be politically appealing to a certain region, spot the difference between light and darkness.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by Incognito403: 7:51am On Nov 03, 2020
Jones4190:

Please tell them.

And aren't there kidnappers in USA?!

If Nigeria will go back to enslavement, ipobians will be the cause. The way they asslick this white baboon is beyond description.

Well, they say birds of a feather move together. Trump is a narcissist, arrogant and foul-mouthed chest beater just like every Ipob member on this forum. So, he's the typical ipobian definition of a brave and strong man.

Pigs are free to mention me. I have your antidote.

angry angry

1 Like

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by sylve11: 7:51am On Nov 03, 2020
Good for President Trump, good for Americans............ cool

1 Like

Re: Trump: Why I Refused To Pay Ransom To Nigerian Kidnappers (Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2020
But why are they saying southern Niger the rescue took place in Niger republic and now putting NIGERIA up and down inside the context. Abi dem wan gain popularity with a yeye country like Nigeria who can't defend itself

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Demands ₦173,000 From Government After Deadly Potholes Damaged His Car In UK / Kenyan Prostitute Cuts Man's Manhood Off After He Refused To Pay For Sex / Disgusting Video Of Sewage Disposal In Mexican Beach Resort Sparks Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.