Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un (7418 Views)

Breaking News - Arab League Criticises 'No Fly Zone' - They Now Support Gaddafi? / Un Security Council Votes For No Fly Zone And Establishment Of Safe Zones In Lib / Libya No Fly Zone Cannot Be Us-led Says Clinton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by otokx(m): 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
Things are going to change very soon.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Sunofgod(m): 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2011
I wonder when a 'No Fly Zone' will be imposed on Israel?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46A_HdDK94w&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
did i heay somebody say israel?, sorry ooooooooooooooooo,that issue has been settled long time ago. they are all warlords from birth
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by phantom23: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
Thanks Aguiyi,
Koastar, all you need is sniff around. If you have been to Libya and other EU countries, you would notice the difference. it's not about the greatness or international recognition of the country. It's about the quality of life of the people inside it.
Libyans are better off with Ghaddafi, than whatever western influence democracy they may ever get.
Just take Naija as an example. All the maths add up quickly.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by medjai(m): 3:10pm On Mar 25, 2011
It's funny how people still think this is all about the West trying to gain control of Libya's oil. Gadaffi is unleashing a genocide upon his own people. He would stop at nothing to remain in power. . .
It's good thing that the No-fly zone has been passed, though, it could have come earlier.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Blazing99: 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2011
For those who have been supporting a no-fly zone.

Have u seen the hypocrisy of the West? They not only imposed a no-fly zone but they started boming military facilities in Libya and even Ghadaffi's compound. Now tell me if that is fair. When Japan bombed the Pearl Harbour, they made the Japanese sound like evil people. Now the Us-led allied forces are bombing Libya's military and even thinking of arming the rebels in Benghazi. This is becoming an INVASION, which the world is watching passively.

Libya's not the only country that killed protesters. Bahrain did even till now, Syria did, Iran did last year, Yemen is doing presently but pls cud someone tell me why Libya is being invaded? The three letter words "OIL"

Only fellow hypocrites or people who are yet who arent deep would support this action in Libya

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Mariory(m): 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2011
medjai:

It's funny how people still think this is all about the West trying to gain control of Libya's oil. Gadaffi is unleashing a genocide upon his own people. He would stop at nothing to remain in power. . .
It's good thing that the No-fly zone has been passed, though, it could have come earlier.

Don't mind those people. As if Western foreign policy is an excuse for Gadaffi to mass murder his own people. Sometimes you just have to be amazed at how some people reason.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by cap28: 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2011
Blazing99:

For those who have been supporting a no-fly zone.

Have u seen the hypocrisy of the West? They not only imposed a no-fly zone but they started boming military facilities in Libya and even Ghadaffi's compound. Now tell me if that is fair. When Japan bombed the Pearl Harbour, they made the Japanese sound like evil people. Now the Us-led allied forces are bombing Libya's military and even thinking of arming the rebels in Benghazi. This is becoming an INVASION, which the world is watching passively.

Libya's not the only country that killed protesters. Bahrain did even till now, Syria did, Iran did last year, Yemen is doing presently but pls cud someone tell me why Libya is being invaded? The three letter words "OIL"

Only fellow hypocrites or people who are yet who arent deep would support this action in Libya

its sickening - the US are providing the air cover while the rebels advance and reclaim the cities previously retaken by gaddafi's forces, in other words the US are working with these rebels to overthrow a legitimate govt, where have you ever heard of such a thing happening before? this is like the US govt imposing a no fly zone over nigeria by destroying the nigerian air force and tanks and then forcing the nigerian military to retreat whilst simultaneously providing air cover for MEND to capture all towns with major oil refineries and even giving them enough cover to eventually march on abjua and take over the entire country.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:40am On Feb 20, 2015
Chrisbenogor:

Calm down brother military warfare is not one plus one and biscuits. This is very unfair to the libyan people, there are better ways to squeeze  this man out other than this rubbish. Interference has never and would never solve the crisis, I wonder how people can look at Afghanistan and Iraq and think this will work. Loads of lives would be lost, the minute the west intervenes with military force the uprising loses its legitimacy. It would now be a defense against the west and this would surely whip up arab sentiment.

This is how people were cheering when the first missiles hit iraq now how many years later where is the country? If you remove this man who will take over? In a country where they do no know anything about democracy?

See me talking and I had no idea isis was on the way.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:44am On Feb 20, 2015
Mods would be nice to have this on the front page. Sometimes its good for us to have a doze of the past.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by landinfo: 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
....& now Libya is @ WAR.....America is a country to RUN away from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Zwanzig: 1:51am On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Finally!!! I have to say, the UN has sort of been slow on this one.
hope u are happy with the present condition of libya after ur "world police liberated them"
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On May 12, 2023
Zwanzig:
hope u are happy with the present condition of libya after ur "world police liberated them"
Yes, I am happy they finally have the chance they didn't before then.. undecided
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Zwanzig: 1:55am On May 12, 2023
MT:
A no-fly zone over Libya is a welcome development. However, the effectiveness and the co-ordination of the implementation will go a long way. The french promise to be heading to Libya in a matter of hours and the UK promise to be in Libya early Friday. The whole scenario is shaping up nicely.

Ghaddafi has changed his tactics as well. He only wants his troops to encircle Benghazi. He even welcomes UN to supervise the disarmament of the rebels.

My take is Ghaddafi can never be trusted!. I hope the UN will implement the use of force against Ghadafi military as well as the no-fly zone to the letter. The world is watching
my dear friend, how is libya situation today after they have been "liberated" keep sucking the west balls. May ur condition and life be like the present situation of libya today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Zwanzig: 2:01am On May 12, 2023
Chrisbenogor:

My dear,
There are many reasons why the no fly zone took this long to enforce, when you deal with the arab world you have to be very careful not to whip up the zionist sentiment. It is the reason why the US has been on the back burner they have learned from afghanistan and iraq that force does not always solve the issue. Look there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and one cannot help but feel that libya's oil is what is driving this decision. When there was a media black out there was plenty of lies that they were bombardments of civilians, the government lifted the ban and invited foreign media, look they bombed weapons caches which is what the american government would do. Was there any footage whatsoever of ghadaffi bombing his people?
Kobojunkie hope say u read this piece well 12yrs ago. Its a pity that till today u still have ur face deep inside the west's butthole.So appaling in this computer age u dy still swallow media propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Zwanzig: 2:04am On May 12, 2023
Chrisbenogor:

Yes I said this is unfair to the Libyan people, the rebels are just a small percentage of the people. I say the Libyan people because they would be the ones to bear the sectarianism and suicide bombings that would come out of this. Everyone has realised that Iraq was a huge mistake, the arab league does not even has the military might to set up and maintain a no fly zone they need the west and it is france who would be leading air strikes in hours.

Now on the news they have said they would react positively to it and would not fly any planes they ask the UN to send a fact finding mission. If you are looking for a war game go and play call of duty, real lives are at stake here.
and this guy here saw the future.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Zwanzig: 2:10am On May 12, 2023
mamagee3:
It's high time that dimwitt is ousted out of office. . .

Now, I wait for France, U.S. and the U.K. to launch airstrikes.
how is libya faring after the 'dimwit' has been ousted ? Hope they are now better ? I had wanted to curse u bt i looked at ur pic and deciphered that u are elderly. Bt pls, stop believing western shit propaganda. Take whatever u hear from cnn, bbc with a pinch of salt. Ciao. Hope u reply to this tho.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Zwanzig: 2:16am On May 12, 2023
One of our biggest weakness is that we often forget too easily,  and hardly learn from the past. I have read most of the comments here, and if one replace the word Libya for Iraq and Ghaddafi for Saddam, what we have is  a deja vu ( Libya Iraq war) all over again. Looking back many years from now,  those supporting this foreign invasion - starting as a No Fly Kini ko - would be eating their words. Libya is one of the most armed countries on our continent and is in a preliminary state of civil war - like Saddam forces were with the Kurds/Shias - and the foreign powers , like vultures waiting to feed on a carcass , are about to invade it for its Oil,,,oh, let me see, you guys think this is really about promoting democracy and human rights, abi?  (sigh)well, dream on.
u indeed saw the future.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Zwanzig: 2:19am On May 12, 2023
cap28:

its sickening - the US are providing the air cover while the rebels advance and reclaim the cities previously retaken by gaddafi's forces, in other words the US are working with these rebels to overthrow a legitimate govt, where have you ever heard of such a thing happening before? this is like the US govt imposing a no fly zone over nigeria by destroying the nigerian air force and tanks and then forcing the nigerian military to retreat whilst simultaneously providing air cover for MEND to capture all towns with major oil refineries and even giving them enough cover to eventually march on abjua and take over the entire country.

cc: greggng. Summary of the whole facade of the so called intervention.
Re: Breaking News: A No Fly- Zone Has Been Passed On Libya By Un by Badassniggga(m): 7:54pm On May 12, 2023
Zwanzig:
Kobojunkie hope say u read this piece well 12yrs ago. Its a pity that till today u still have ur face deep inside the west's butthole. So appaling in this computer age u dy still swallow media propaganda.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Tweet From Donald Trump Is The Joke Of The Internet Now / Graphic Pics: ISIS Behead Christian Children + Horrific Pics Of ISIS Atrocities / Why Is There So Much Controversy Over Israel Building Settlements In The W/Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.